Supposedly Indifferent

Love is Bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He almost stopped in his tracks and headed in another direction… Almost! He wasn’t the same coward as before. But there was something that made him feel uneasy. On his face he showed nothing but on the inside he was all kinds of tensed. Could it be because of that stupid dream, he asked himself. What on earth was happening in his head for him to dream such things though?  Yeah, he knew he was gay, but to imagine something like that with Junhyung was just too messed up.  Despite all the crazy thoughts inside his head, Hyunseung kept his cool and continued chatting with Key and Hyuk, afraid to look at the guys coming their way again. Key was just nagging Eunhyuk about his poor English skills and how it’s only in his benefit to learn the language when Hyunseung unintentionally lifted his gaze to the group of boys for the second time and saw him... smiling. It was the first time he witnessed such a genuine, pure smile plastered on Junhyung’s face. When he thought about it, Hyunseung haven’t ever seen him smile at all… well except for that wicked smile he had on while torturing him years ago. He couldn’t lie to himself, Junhyung had his good sides. Hyunseung couldn’t twist his words and deny that he was indeed handsome and actually was a pretty good guy when it came to his friends. But it was the other cold side Hyunseung hated without a doubt - the one that could crush you, beat you up, make you feel miserable... Hyunseung has felt all of these because of him and there was no way for him to forgive, nor forget. Whatever feeling had caused this dream, it was going to fade… The hatred was always stronger. And it wasn’t like if he had any feelings for Junhyung, which he didn’t, he’d turn his back on his precious reputation and run to be with him… So it was pretty much useless to think of such things and creating melodramatic plots. The reality was way different…

“Hey Seung, what’re you thinking about? It’s like you’re not even here!” exclaimed Key, shaking his left arm.

Hyunseung realized he was practically staring at Junhyung the whole time while being deep in his thoughts and quickly shifted his gaze to his friends, hoping no one noticed.

But someone did. Junhyung saw the three boys chatting and he couldn’t help but ignore two of them and set his eyes directly on the one who interested him. At first he thought he’d meet the cold eyes and kind of cocky appearance he was used to see whenever he looked at him or passed him by in the hallways. But he was surprised to see Hyunseung staring at him which was so unlike him. What was even stranger was that there wasn’t that coldness radiating from him. Instead there was… confusion? He immediately understood Hyunseung wasn’t himself right now, that he was probably thinking about something and most likely doesn’t even know he’s staring at him. He chuckled and just continued looking at him for a while. He and his friends had stopped around the corner, talking about some party he wasn’t interested in. He stopped listening to them at all and went back to looking at Hyunseung. Why was he so off? Was there something bothering him? And what was it? Or was it someone who was bothering him? So many questions and not a single answer…

The three boys were approaching them and Junhyung was smart enough to stop staring before something awkward happened. He turned back to his friends and pretended to be really interested in their conversation.

Hyunseung and Hyuk were back on the subje

Please log in to read the full chapter