5

Daddy Long Legs

Sulli slapped herself in her mind, tried to back to reality.

‘Aiiissh, what I’m thinking of??’ she said in her mind. Then she realized that the elevator didn’t move ever since the door was closed a few minute ago.

“Eh, why the elevator doesn’t move?” she murmured. She started to worry. She walked closer to the door, tried to knock it.

“Hello…!!!” she shouted.

“Anybody outside??!! HELLO!!!” she shouted once again. But no one answered. Sulli kept knocking the door, while the man just stared at her. She quickly pushed the emergency button.

“Yes, what can I help?” said someone in the line.

“Ooh!!! Sir, the elevator is not moving. Maybe it’s broken or something. I’m trapped here. And there’s someone with me too. Please help us quickly!!!” she said, getting panic every second. She glanced at the man behind her.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be alright” she said and gave him a smile.

Suddenly, he leaned closer toward her. His face was just inch away beside hers. Her heart started to beat faster. Her mind was blank and she couldn’t blink her eyes.

 

“Piiiiip~”

A sound broke the silent. That’s from the button the man pressed just now. He slowly back to his position. The elevator started to move. Sulli was still daze by his action, but then she back to reality and realized that she forgot to press the floor button. That’s why the elevator didn’t move any centimeters.

 

“Hello Miss, are you alright??” asked the voice in the speaker.

“Oh, ye…yes…I’m alright. I’m…I’m sorry” she answered.

 

‘GOD~, How stupiiiid I am~~!!!’ she thought, blaming herself.

Her face was getting red, probably like a tomato because of too shy. Sulli glanced at him, he looked at her and gave an angelic smile. She immediately turned her face, avoiding him. The door finally opened. Sulli stumblingly came out of the elevator. The man came out after her. They took the opposite direction. Sulli walked to the left side, while the man was the right side. Without her knowing, the man turned around and took a glance at her.

 

---oOo---

 

“Whoaah~~ Sulli, your boyfriend is so sweet” Luna cheerfully said and grabbed Sulli’s hands when she arrived at the office.

“Eh…???” Sulli bewildered.

“There…” said Eunhyuk PD, pointing at a certain direction.

Her eyes followed the direction and found a gift box on the desk. She unwrapped the box, her eyes widened. There was a round cake inside. The cake was strawberry shortcakes, her favorite ones. Along with the cake, there was an envelope.

 

“It’s cake~~ and there’s a letter here” Luna said and opened the envelope.

“I really enjoy the first boardcasting. Hope you’ll be a success writer and write a lot of warm and good script…”Luna read the letter.

“Aaayyy~~ How lucky you are, your boyfriend sent this for your first boardcast” Luna teased Sulli. Sulli didn’t react to Luna’s word. Her body was frozen and her mind wasn’t there.

 

“This…do you know who bring this??” Sulli finally said after her mind back.

“Isn’t it from your boyfriend? The delivery man bring it here a while ago” Luna answered.

 

Sulli dashed out from the room. She ran and went down the stairways to the lobby. Her breathe was panting. All in her mind was the thought that it might be the Daddy Long Legs that sent the gift. After a while she reached the lobby, she went out to search the delivery man. But she failed, she couldn’t find him.

 

“Daddy…I know it’s you, right? Tough I can’t see you, I can feel it. I’ll work harder. I promise…” she whispered.

 

The warm breeze blew her hair softly, and the warmth filled her heart.

 

---oOo---

 

“Daddy Long Legs?? Daddy Long Legs’s novel?” asked Luna curiously.

“Hmm, it’s a secret actually. Don’t laugh at me, okay?” Sulli said.

“I called him Daddy Long Legs. He’s the one who funding my college tuition” she told.

“Eeh, all your college tuition?? Why, why??” Luna asked.

“I don’t know. I’m also curious. I’ve never been meet him” she said.

“Even for once??”

“Yes, I really want to meet him. I once have try to look for about him”

 

---flashback---

“Sir, it’s really important for me. Could you please tell me whose PO BOX is it?” you asked the postman.

“I’m sorry, we couldn’t tell you information about that” the postman said.

“But, Sir” you whined.

“It’s cold here, you better go home, Miss. The post office will close in a moment” only those word that came from the postman before he left.

 

It was winter that time. The white snow covered up the streets, trees and rooftops. All you could see was white color. But the cold air won’t make you give up. You looked up your gloved hands that hold a PO BOX address.

 

“This is the only way I could found you, Daddy. I won’t give up” you said confidently.

 

The next morning you came back again to the post office. You waited on the outside since the office still closed.

After a while the postman came and asked you.

“Ooh, you came early” he said. You just gave him a sincere smile. Almost every day you came to the post office.He just shook his head and sighed. He came out from the post office with a small box in his hand.

“Please, don’t waste your time to find him. Here, I was asked to give this to you” he handed me the box.

 

I opened the box once I reach my home. My eyes widen when I saw the sparkling necklace inside the box.

---end of flashback---

 

“From that moment, I realize that rather than find and say thanks to him, I could return his favor by make my dreams come true” Sulli smiled.

“One year ago we lost contact. And now, he’s back…” she ended the story. Her hand held the necklace around her neck.

“He didn’t tell about the debt and the interest or something?? You know, nothing free in this world, right?” she threw Sulli questions.

“And what if suddenly appeared an old man and asked you to marry him? And if you rejected him, you have to return all his money??” she added.

“Ahahahaha~ I’ll marry him then” Sulli joked.

“YAAA~~ so secretly you want to marry a rich old man?? GOD~ Sulli…” she crossed her arms, made a ‘NO’ sign.

“I’m just kidding Luna…beside, I can feel that he’s a kind and warm person, just like my father” Sulli said.

“How can you sure that ‘he’ is a man? ‘He’ could be a granny instead” she .

“Luna, haven’t you read a romance story? In this kind of situation usually…”

“Ohoo~ You and your imagination. It’s reality babe, not a fantasy” Luna cut her and they both laughed together.

 

“This time I’m going to read a story that warms our heart. The tittle is pretty unique, ‘To Daddy Long Legs’”

“Daddy, finally I can made my dream comes true. That’s why I’m glad to tell you now that I’m fine and you don’t have to worry. Daddy, I know we have not meet yet and I don’t know if you were an old man or woman or else. I just want to say this to you. Thank you so much, Daddy”

 

Gyuri’s warm voice echoed not only in the entire of the office, but also all over Seoul.

 

-Somewhere at the office-

 

“This time I’m going to read a story that warms our heart. The tittle is pretty unique, ‘To Daddy Long Legs’”

“Daddy, finally I can made my dream comes true. That’s why I’m glad to tell you now that I’m fine and you don’t have to worry. Daddy, I know we have not meet yet and I don’t know if you were an old man or woman or else. I just want to say this to you. Thank you so much, Daddy”

 

A man was sitting at his office. Gyuri’s voice heard clearly from the radio in his room. He wrote a note on the paper laid on his desk. After he finished writing, he put down his pen. Then he turned his chair, facing the window.

 

(A/N)

Hello~~ nice to meet you agaaaiin...ahaha

Again, sorry for the grammar error...please bear with me...ehehe

Enjoooy~~ :D