Chapter 1: Flash back from the beginning (Eun Mi’s beginning)

I was forced to lie

 

Eun Mi’s POV

I’m walking down the aisle slowly; I go back to the past before all of this happen. .

Eun Mi’s beginning

_JAPAN_

As the sun struck my eyes I know it’s a new day and in just minutes my maid will come and knock on my door. As expected I heard a knock, but before she came in I was already in the bathroom taking a bath. I told her to come in and she greeted and told me..

Ji Hoon: “Good morning Misss! I have brought you, your clothes to wear and I want to tell you that your parents are now waiting for you for breakfast.”

My response to her was “good morning to Ji Hoon! And thank you for bringing me that, you can go now and do tell my parents that I’ll be going down in a minute.”

“Yes miss!” She answered back and leaves.

After she left I went out of the bathroom and change into the clothes that was been brought to me. After I change, I look at the mirror and

told myself “why must my clothes be like this? Can I just have normal, simple clothes? This clothes is too elegant, even if I’m always at home.”

After fixing myself I went down to see my parents and have breakfast with them. As soon as I saw them..

I greeted them “Good morning” and kissed their cheeks.

They greeted me back with a smile and we started eating.

Suddenly my father spoke up and told me to pack up.

I ask myself “why does appa want me to pack up my things? Are we moving? But why?”

When my father caught me not paying attention to him

he called my name “EunMi! Are you listening?”

“Owh...ahm…Sorry appa.” As I ask for an apology.

“It’s ok sweetie! But next time be sure to listen and never try to let your mind wander around” my father said to me.

Then my mother suddenly joins in our conversation. “Honey!  Why don’t you tell why EunMi needs to pack up her things?”

“Be patient honey! I’m going there.” When appa and umma talked to each other it made me nervous because not only they are planning to sent me somewhere but also they are planning something that can affect my future.

“EunMi!” appa called me.

“Nae?” I answered back quickly.

Pack up your things because you are going back to Seoul tomorrow” my father said to me.

“Jinjja?” I said in a surprise tone and my face suddenly forms a smile, 

but when appa told me “Nae! You are going back to Seoul because you will be meeting your future husband there”

the smile that was formed in my face disappear and turns into a frown that shows my sadness and hurtful emotion.

I ask them “why?”

appa answers back to me “I already made this arrangement with my business partner. His son will be marrying you, so that our company and their company will merge together and you two will be the one who will manage this when we are old and weak.”

As appa was telling me that my tears keeps on falling from my eyes.

As I think that “why do they all make the decision? Why can’t I decide whom I want to marry? Why must everything be controlled by them? I have my own life; I have my own mind to decide for myself! Why must they do this to me?”

I want to shout this to my parents so they’ll know what I’m thinking, they’ll know what I’m feeling. But I can’t because I need to obey them and respect their decision. They say it's for my future, but why both of them should decide? Can I decide on my own so I can learn with my own experience, I can learn from my own mistake?!

After father told me that; I just nod at them, wiping my tears and walk back to my bedroom to pack up my things.

When suddenly someone knocked on my door and it's my maid.

“Miss!” she said

“yes?” I answered back with a sad tone. 

Are you ok?” as she came in my room.

“Huh..Ahm..Yeah!”  As I wipe the remaining tears from my eyes.

“Miss please don’t lie to me! I know you since we are still young, I know that you are very hurt right now” she said as she spread her arms to me.

I run to her and hugged her and started to cry. I said all the things inside my mind, all the things I’m feeling about the decision of my parents.

“Why did appa and umma did that to me? Why! Why!” As I cry and cry.

Ji Hoon patted my head and comforted me. She is like my sister that understands and listens to me whenever I have problems, and whenever something happens she is always there. I can tell that she is really a true friend, my best friend.

“Its ok miss, just let it all out, and after that you will be fine again” she said while patting my head. She started humming a song because she knows how the song relaxes me and stops my crying. She learned that from her mother, which my nanny was when I was still young because my mother is too busy at work. I grew up in a maid’s teaching. But still even I grew up with my maid I learned to be strong, I learn to be respectful. I didn’t grow up as a spoiled child. But I grew up like a princess because of the things they gave me and my parents are the one who is spoiling me. But I don’t want this thing because the only thing I want is to have a normal life and my parent’s attention.