Chapter 5 Waiting

Without You

Chapter 5 Waiting

“Jessica, I like you. That’s the reason why I transferred here.” Heechul said.

Jessica stopped & turn around to look at him. She was really surprised but didn’t show it.

“Thank you for liking me but I really have to go now.” Jessica coldly replied. She was about to go on her way when Heechul suddenly hold her wrist.

“Let go of me!” Jessica said while trying to put away Heechul’s grip on her wrist.

“Why are you so cold to me? I’m really sorry for what I & my friends did. Can you please forgive me?” Heechul said.

“You & your friends is the reason why I’m cold to you. Sorry will not back what we are back then. So please let go of me.” Jessica replied.

“Jessica, I’m really sorry. I know I & my friends really done you wrong but I really feel guilty about it. If only I can turn back time, I’ll not do it. Do you know Jessica what I felt when you’re gone? Without you, I can’t concentrate on my studies. You’re always on my mind. I miss everything about you. And I’m worried if you’re doing ok. Even them, they really wanted to go with me to apologize but I insist that I’ll just say sorry to you on behalf of them. Jessica, can you give me a chance to show you that I really like you & I’ll not hurt you? If ever you think what I showed you is not enough, then I’ll go back & will not bothered you again. Even though it’ll be hard for me, I’ll do it for you.”  Heechul said.

“Ok. So can you please let go of me now? I have to go now.” Jessica agreed.

“Really? Ok but can I send you home? It’s getting dark now. ” Heechul put away his grip on her & said that. Jessica only nodded while Heechul walk with her.

Heechul tried to have a conversation to her but it always failed. Jessica will only answer her questions & then will look away. Jessica does this because she wanted to test his patience. Heechul realized she doesn’t want to talk to him so they just continued going on their way.

“You can go now. This is my house. Thank you for walking me home.” Jessica said & didn’t let Heechul say anything since she already entered her house.

When she arrived there, she saw her friends smiling at her. Because of the tour, she forgot that she’ll tutor her friends.

“Wait, is that Heechul oppa?” Seohyun asked.

“How was the tour?” Sooyoung asked this time.

“He’s handsome. Why didn’t you introduce him to us?” Hyoyeon said & asked at the same time.

“He even sent you home. Tell us what happen.” Tiffany said.

“Jessica, we know you’re hiding something from us.” Taeyeon said.

Since Jessica felt she’s helpless because of her friends’ questions, she decided to tell them what happened earlier.

“So he likes you? He even transferred here because of you. That was so sweet!” Sunny said.

“So why did you agreed to give him a chance? Wait you like him too, right?” Yoona said.

Jessica nodded & blushed at the same time to answer Yoona’s question.

“But it doesn’t mean I’ll go easy on him. I’ll make it hard for him until he gives up.” Jessica replied.

“But Jessica you’ll just do what he also do to you back then so you’re turning into a bad person also.” Taeyeon said.

“What? You’re expecting me to forgive him that easily. I’ll not.” Jessica stubbornly replied.

“What if he gives up? Will you also give up your feelings for him?” Taeyeon asked this time.

“Then I think he’s not sincere with his feelings for me.” Jessica replied.

“I’m really confused with your reasons but it’s your decision so I’ll not interfere. But I hope you’ll not regret about that.” Taeyeon replied.

“Let’s stop talking about that. Let’s start the tutorial.” Jessica said & they started the tutorial. They finished late but it was worth it since all of her friends were able to solve their problems in the subjects Jessica taught.

Meanwhile Heechul was experiencing the cold treatment Jessica did to her from the first time he met her.

Heechul’s POV:

Looks like I have to gain her trust again but its okay with me if it will be the way for me to show her my love for her. Remember back then when she was staying on our school that I always approach her so that I can convince her to be my friend? I’m doing it always with her. I also always send her home even though she’s not paying attention to me as if I’m invisible but what can I do? I should be patient so that she’ll be back to the Jessica I know.

Months have passed and she still treats me coldly. One day, Jessica won a contest. I already bought her flowers even before the contest because for me, even though she’ll not win the contest, I’ll still congratulate her with the flowers that I bought. I decided that maybe she’ll change her treatment to me if ever I congratulate her. Actually, to tell you the truth, I’m already giving up. I always greet her with a smile, always sending her back home, helping her if ever she’s carrying things but she always reject it, I always talk to her even though she ignores me, when I think she’s sad or needed someone to talk to, I’m always at her side but she always walks away, whenever she cries, I always offered my handkerchief or offered my shoulder but she always walks away & go to her friends. That was all the way I made to her to gain her trust & remember Jessica reluctantly give me this chance so I’m willing to do anything for us to be back on what we are before. With those ways, maybe you’re all wondering how I was able to overcome it but to tell you the truth, it always hurts but I just always hide it from her & overcome it by telling it to my friends back in Seoul or by crying by myself. This way of congratulating her is for me I think is the last way. If ever this failed, I’ll go back to Seoul & will just forget her & moved on with my life.

Everyone who were present in the contest congratulated her so I waited for them to all finished congratulating her. The last persons who stayed with her are her friends so I approach them & handed Jessica the flowers.

“Congratulations Jessica! You did a good job!” I told her with a smile. I thought she’ll return the smile but I was wrong because she excused herself that she’ll go to the restroom.

“Heechul shi, I’ll just give it to her. Thank you for the flowers on behalf of her.” One of her friends named Taeyeon told me.

“Guess I should go back to Seoul.” I muttered to myself but I was wrong because they heard it.

“You’re going back to Seoul?” Sunny, Jessica’s friend, asked me.

“Yes, today since it’s been months that I have tried all the ways for me to gain back her trust. I thought I can wait for her to trust me again but I was wrong. I guess I was wrong to make this decision in gaining back her trust because I think I’ve done all the ways I can think but for her, it still not enough. Guess I should go now. Thank you for accepting the flowers! Hope you take care of Jessica for me. I’ll miss your place. Ok. I’ll go now.” I said that while holding back my tears. I was about to go on my way when suddenly Yuri, Jessica’s friend, said something.

“Wait, Heechul oppa! What time are you going back?” Yuri asked me.

“At ____ pm. I already finished packing my things & it’s still early so I think I can make it by that time. So I guess this is goodbye. Thank you for treating me well during my stay & take care of yourselves when I’m already back in Seoul. I can take care of you while I’m there, right? ” I told them & they all nodded. After that, I waved at them before I go on my way.

End of Heechul’s POV

“Heechul oppa is a really good guy. I still don’t know why Jessica treated her like that.” Hyoyeon said.

“He always treat us well. Remember he even treats us some foods when he’s with us. Why is Jessica like that? I really want to hurt her so that she’ll realize she’ll lose a good guy.” Sooyoung said this time.

“Wait, what’s taking Jessica unnie for so long?” Seohyun asked.

Right after Seohyun asked that, Jessica approach them.

“Jessica, tell us the truth. Did you really wait for Heechul oppa to go home before approaching us again?” Tiffany asked this time.

Jessica didn’t answered & was about to say something to change the topic when Taeyeon handed the flowers to her.

“Heechul oppa told us to give it to you. Accept it.” Taeyeon said.

“Jessica, I still don’t know why you treated him like that when he’s really sincere. Don’t you know how it was hard for him to accept the treatment you gave to him? He did all the ways he can think of to gain back your trust & to show you how sincere his feelings for you but what did you do? You make him suffer.” Sunny said this time.

“Actually, I really admire Heechul oppa. His waiting for you to be back to the Jessica he know is really admiring because he was really patient & didn’t give up. Jessica, don’t you know that he’ll go back to Seoul today at ___ pm? He already gives up on you.” Tiffany said.

“Can we just forget him? I want to go back home.” Jessica said.

“Just don’t forget what we said to you because you may regret the decision you may do today.” Yoona said.

Jessica reluctantly accepted the flowers and go with her friends. All throughout their walk to their homes, her friends kept on convincing her to stop Heechul from leaving. Jessica’s house is the 1st house they will reach so Jessica said something before waving goodbye to her friends.

“I’ll think about it. You’ll just know it by tomorrow, okay?” Jessica said before entering her house.

When she entered her house, she immediately entered her room & laid on her bed.

Jessica’s POV:

Why am I confused now? I really like oppa but everytime I remembered what he had done to me, I can’t help but be angry with him. But I think my friends are also right. Actually, I didn’t intend to do this to him but I let my emotions to take control of me.

Wait, it’s already 1 hour before ____ pm. Will I go or not? I’m so confused right now!!!

 

Author’s Note:

This is the 5th Chapter. Hope you like this chapter! Sorry for the late update & short update.

Thank you to those who read this chapter & please tell me on what you think of this chapter.

Thank you for the new subscribers!

Thanks to @ryoma28 & @theAficionada for the comments!

My next update will be the final chapter so I hope you look forward to it!