Chapter 3 Vacation

Without You

Chapter 3 Vacation

(A/N: All of Jessica’s friends are in the same age with her except for Seohyun.)

Jessica’s POV:

I spent my days always with them. With them around me, I really never get lonely. They are all funny & even kind. I’m thankful I get to know them; thanks to Heechul oppa. Without me realizing, our vacation came. Before the day of our vacation, I told them that I’ll be going back on the countryside to meet my friends & my family. I’m really excited & even looking forward to it. It’s been months since I’ve seen them & spend my times with them.

I already contacted them so when I arrived there, they all welcomed me. I first went on our house & unpack my things. After unpacking my things, I quickly went on the dining room & see all of my friends there. By the way, I arrived in the afternoon. Since my parents were really happy I went back here, they asked our maids to prepare lunch for all of us.

After eating together, I & my friends decided to gather on my room. Since we’ve missed each other, we all started catching up to one another.

“So, Jessica, how’s Seoul? Are you enjoying your stay there?” My friend named Taeyeon asked me.

“Yes. The people there are nice. I even gain some new friends.” I answered but I don’t know why I’m not good in lying. When I said “The people there are nice”, I was having sad expression but I brightened up when I said “I even gain some new friends”. And why shouldn’t I? I gained new friends that are fun to be with. I was smiling just thinking of them that I didn’t realize that they are all looking at me.

“Jessica, I know you’re lying. Tell us the truth. Don’t lie to us.” My other friend named Sunny convinced me this time. I nodded & bit my lip before telling them my life in Seoul. I told them how I was treated by my schoolmates & even my classmates up to the day Heechul oppa approached me to convince me to be his friend. I also told them how I became friends with his friends & how I celebrated my birthday. They all looked at me when I told them about what song Heechul oppa dedicated to me.

“Wait, maybe that Heechul oppa you’re talking about is in love with you. Why would a guy like him dedicate a love song to you?” My friend Tiffany asked.

“Ya Tiffany don’t think like that. All of them dedicated love songs to me since it’s my birthday.” I answered.

“But why are you blushing? Do you like him?” One of my friends named Hyoyeon teasingly asked me.

“No, he’s only an oppa. I don’t see him that way. I’m blushing because you’re teasing me.” I answered back.

“But why are you being so defensive? Hyoyeon just asked you. But Jessica, do you feel attracted to him?” My friend Yuri asked.

“Ok. I would be lying if I’ll say no. Yes. They are times when I felt I’m attracted to him because he’s really kind & very caring towards me. He’s also handsome that’s why many girls feel attracted to him.” I explained.

“Ok. Just don’t forget to tell us about the progress of your relationship with him.” My friend Yoona teasingly said and they all laughed while I was blushing hard.

“And also, don’t forget to show us his picture unnie when you come back here or maybe you already have. Show us.” Our maknae Seohyun added which makes them to laugh more & make me blushed more.

End of Jessica’s POV

Back to Seoul

Heechul’s POV:

Every vacation, I just stayed here in Seoul & spent my days with my friends. Actually, I kinda felt disappointed when Jessica told us that she’ll spend her vacation there but what can I do? It’s her decision & she’s already there. And as usual, all of my friends are here in the house. I don’t know why they always wanted to stay here.

“Heechul, what are you thinking? Don’t tell us you’re already missing Jessica?” Kyuhyun teasingly said.

“Looks like our bet is having the opposite result. Looks like it’s you Heechul who is falling for her.” Shindong said.

“No. I just treat her as a dongsaeng. I’m just an oppa.” I explained.

“Oh really? But Heechul remember 4 months is nearing. Don’t tell us you’ll lose this bet.” Eunhyuk said this time.

“Don’t conclude first because I’ll make sure I’ll win this bet.” I answered them.

End of Heechul’s POV

No One’s POV:

Time passed by and their vacation ended. Jessica continued on joining Heechul & his friends during break time. She also continued on teaching them if ever they’re having difficulty on a particular topic.

This day is just like any other day. While they are on their way home, someone called Jessica. Jessica looked up and saw one of his friends who also went to Seoul to study.

“Hi ____! You also transferred here at our school? Oh by the way, they are my friends.” Jessica asked his friend and introduced Heechul & his friends to that friend of her. They greeted one another and shakes hand with one another. (A/N: Sorry. I can’t think of someone who can be Jessica’s friend.)

“Yes. I & my parents moved here. We’ll be staying here for good. Looks like we’re not classmates but we can still see each other. Oh I forgot. I have to go now. I have to buy something in the market. So see you around the school!” That friend of Jessica replied & waved at her before going on his way.

After that, they all went on their way home after sending Jessica home.

When Heechul arrived on his house, he lied down on his bed & was having some thoughts about what happened earlier.

Heechul’s POV:

Why did I feel that way when that friend of Jessica came? Why does it look like I’m jealous? Heechul, you’re not her boyfriend. Wait, don’t tell me I’m falling for her? That can’t be; it should be the other way around. I should just sleep & stop thinking about this.

End of Heechul’s POV

Little did he know that when that incident happened, it was the start of his realization that he likes Jessica.

Heechul’s POV:

2 months have passed & now I’m sure to myself, I like Jessica. I started to feel attracted to her during her birthday. While she was cooking that time, I secretly looked at her.

Flashback:

“Ok. I’ll go cook now.” Jessica said & went to the kitchen. There she started cooking.

Meanwhile, Heechul & his friends were chatting but suddenly, Heechul secretly looked at Jessica.

Jessica kinda felt someone is looking at her so she look back, she see them chatting & there is no one looking at her.

“Maybe I’m just imagining things. “ Jessica thought to herself.

She thought like that but she’s wrong. She wasn’t imagining things. Heechul really look at her. He was just able to look away & pretend he’s chatting with his friends when Jessica looks up.

End of Flashback

That time, I’m really thankful that I have good reflexes!

Back to the topic, at first, I thought I just wanted to protect her as an oppa but I was wrong. I wanted to protect her because I like her & I don’t want to see her hurt.

Remember when she went on her hometown during our vacation? I was really missing her presence but I didn’t let my friends to see it. I thought to myself that time I was just missing her presence because I’m always with her but again, I was wrong. I don’t know why I’m always wrong.

Remember when a friend of her greeted her? I don’t know why I get jealous. I don’t know why I feel that way when that friend of her greeted her. That time, I also thought I was just jealous as a friend but it’s not. I was jealous because I don’t want any guy for her & I just want the guy for her to be me.

Maybe it’s because this feeling I have for her is new to me. Even though I realize it just now, one thing is for sure I really like her. I like talking to her, protect her, see her smile, hear her laughs, see her angry face that just so cute and many more things that it will take time for me to mention it all.

Just like the usual day, we attended school. When our classes ended, I & my friends were already at the gate waiting for Jessica. Jessica was asked by one of our teachers to do something for her; Jessica didn’t mention what it is so I can’t tell what it is. Jessica even persuades us to go ahead but we declined.

“Guys, I have to tell you. I lose the bet. I like Jessica so just give me your home works and I’ll do it.” I confessed to them.

“No I think we should just cancel the bet. Jessica is our friend & I think it’ll hurt her to know about the bet.” Lee Teuk said.

“So don’t ever mention this to Jessica. Heechul, don’t do our home works & just confessed to Jessica.” Ryeowook told me.

“We didn’t expect the opposite of the bet will happen. We really don’t expect you Heechul to fall for Jessica when our bet was to make Jessica fall in love with you.” Shindong teasingly said.

“And remember how he confidently said that he’ll win! I really thought that we’ll do his homeworks with his confidence of winning the bet.” Kyuhyun teasingly said & we all laugh. Our laughs stop when we heard a voice saying “What? You make a bet on me?”

End of Heechul’s POV

Jessica’s POV:

Our teacher just asked me to help her in bringing her things & also to congratulate me to the results of our exam on her subject. After I was done, I immediately run & look for them. I saw them at the front gate & I was about to talk when I heard them chatting. I decided to hide on the wall near the gate so that I’ll be able to hear their conversation.

While listening to them, I can’t help myself to stop my tears from falling. I wasn’t expecting that they will make a bet that if ever Heechul oppa make me fall in love with him after 4 months, he’ll win & all of his friends will do his home works. And if ever he lose, he will do the home works of his friends.

I was really hurt to hear that from those people who you trusted & who you thought treats you the other way not like those who treat you bad. So I guess their bet stops today & they thought Heechul lose when it’s not really the truth.

Heechul oppa wins the bet and I was wrong to like him. If only I knew…

Even though I heard from their conversation that they’ll cancel the bet & keep it a secret from me, I was really disappointed to them & I felt I was betrayed. When I heard them laughing, I suddenly blurted out this:

“What? You make a bet on me?”

Author’s Note:

This is the 3rd Chapter.  Sorry for the late update. Just been busy these last few days. Hope you like this chapter!

Thank you to those who read this chapter & please tell me on what you think of this chapter.

Thank you for the new subscribers! Happy I increased in number of subscribers!

Thanks to @Milky_hee & @Reikarbl for the comments!

And also thank you again to @Reikarbl for the poster :)

Just wanted to let all of you to know what will happen next so I’ll give you a teaser for the next chapter.

“Oppa, looks like you win the bet.”

“What? Tell me I’m dreaming. This can’t be real.”

“I like you.”

Hope you look forward to my next update!