Welcome Home

Sovereignty

Kyuhyun made his way back through the streets of the human realm, pulling his jacket tightly around himself to keep out the cold. The meeting with his father had gone well and his mood remained unchanged. There was no sign of Junsu the whole time he was in the demon realm, and Jaejoong kept his distance, knowing he was almost powerless without Junsu by his side.
“Teukie!” he purred as he held his phone to his ear “I picked a jacket up for you from my apartment, the wind is like ice right now and there’s a fresh layer of snow so I think you’re gunna need it”
“Thank you, I got changed when I got here, its not to warm in a shirt. Are you on your way here? I finish in ten minutes”
“Im maybe five minutes away, don’t worry I’ll be there to pick you up. How do you fancy taking that walk in the park later?” he asked as he rounded a corner, smiling when the café came into view.
“That would be nice, walking with you in the snow sounds perfect after an afternoon at work. Oh by the way I can’t see you tomorrow I’m afraid” Leeteuk sighed “My uncle wants to see me”
“Aw alright, does this means I get you to myself for tonight?”
“Sure, I don’t see why not… as long as you behave”
“I always behave” Kyuhyun grinned “I’ll see you in a few minutes” he smiled before hanging up the phone.

When Kyuhyun arrived at the café the last customer was just leaving. Leeteuk was out front, wiping down the tables while Shindong cleaned the back.
“Ready to go?” Kyuhyun asked as he jumped up onto the counter, swinging his legs happily.
“Where did you come from?” Leeteuk asked, tilting his head to the side “I didn’t even hear you come in” he laughed as he set his cloth down on the side and untied his apron.
“I’m just sneaky” Kyuhyun grinned and Leeteuk rolled his eyes.
“Give me a few minutes and then we can go” he smiled, patting Kyuhyun’s knee before walking through to the back.
“Shindong I’m heading home now” Leeteuk said as he grabbed his coat and bag.
“Alright, Will I see you tomorrow?”
“No, sorry. My uncle wants to see me, it sounds pretty serious so I don’t know how long I’ll be. I’ll be back on Thursday though”
“I’ll see you on Thursday then” Shindong smiled, waving goodbye to Leeteuk with bubbly hands.
“Have fun doing the dishes” Leeteuk laughed, swinging his bag over his shoulder before joining Kyuhyun up front.
“Okay we can go” Leeteuk smiled, taking Kyuhyun’s hand and pulling him off the counter with a grin.
“Leeteuk wait!” Shindong shouted, running out from the back with his jacket. “I’m done here… you’re going my way right? Do you mind if I walk with you both?”
“Sure whatever” Kyuhyun shrugged “Just don’t get in the way”
“In the way?” Shindong asked, a confused look on his face as a smile crept onto Leeteuk’s.
“We’re going for a walk in the park. Our official second date if you will. Don’t worry though, you can walk with us, you live close to the park so its no problem”
“Just don’t get in the way” Kyuhyun grinned as he embraced Leeteuk from behind, brushing his fangs over Leeteuk’s neck to try and scare Shindong.
“Kyuhyun-ah! Stop it. This is what I mean when I say behave yourself” Leeteuk laughed as he squirmed away from Kyuhyun “Let’s go. Don’t worry Shindong, he’s harmless really”
“Somehow I don’t believe that…” Shindong murmured as the three of them walked out, locking the door behind them.

The wind had calmed to a slight breeze and snow had begun to fall once more as the three of them made their way towards the park. Shindong and Leeteuk were walking side by side as Kyuhyun trailed behind, his head tilted back as he looked up at the sky and smiled.
“Kyu… you alright?” Leeteuk asked, turning his head when he noticed Kyuhyun had gone quiet.
Kyuhyun nodded a little, giving Leeteuk a small smile before grinning and closing the small distance between them before he jumped on the angel’s back.
“I’m fine Teukie, this park just has a few memories that’s all. I think you should carry me until we get back to my apartment” he grinned, kissing Leeteuk’s cheek before remembering Shindong was there. “Sorry Shindong, I forgot you were here for a second… awkward” he laughed, bringing a smile to Shindong’s face.
“That’s alright; it’s nicer to see you like that… You’re not quite as intimidating. Hold still, I wanna take a picture”
“Aish Shindong hurry up… There’s something digging into my back” Leeteuk whined, turning his head to look at Kyuhyun as Shindong froze awkwardly in front of them both.
“Yah! It’s my key!” Kyuhyun laughed, shifting an arm to dig into his front pocket before he pulled out a silver key attached to a small keychain. “See! Aish you two, always thinking the worst of me”
“You don’t really help yourself” Leeteuk smiled, facing the camera as Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at the angel, right at the moment when Shindong snapped the photo.
“I wasn’t ready!” Kyuhyun whined and Leeteuk laughed, letting go of his legs so the demon boy slipped off his back, before he took his hand.
“Tough, its getting dark we need to get home and so does Shindong.”
“Well actually this is where I say goodbye. I’ll see you on Thursday Leeteuk, I hope things go well with your uncle tomorrow. Kyuhyun I’ll see you later” Shindong grinned, waving goodbye to the both of them before he turned down a different path, towards a lighter part of the park.
“He doesn’t like me” Kyuhyun laughed as squeezed the angels hand as they neared Kyuhyun’s apartment block.
“You scare him” Leeteuk smiled, shaking his head as Kyuhyun scoffed “You don’t help things by teasing him and acting like you’re going to bite me either.”
“But you like it when I bite you” Kyuhyun winked and smirked as a faint blush crept onto Leeteuk’s cheeks.
“Yah hush. If you knew what it felt like when your hands are on me, you’d like it too!”
“I’m sure… But I’ll keep that in mind” Kyuhyun grinned, wrapping his arm around Leeteuk’s waist to pull him close.

The two of them walked in silence for the next ten minutes, enjoying each other’s company and the gentle sound of the wind as they walked the remaining distance to Kyuhyun’s apartment.
“It’s weird” Kyuhyun sighed as they entered his apartment building, their fingers intertwined once again.
“Hmm?” Leeteuk hummed as he ran his thumb across the back of the younger boy’s hand.
“Back home in Abaddon just going for a walk isn’t possible without being hassled by somebody. Be it my father wishing to know where I am, Heechul wanting company or demons looking for a fight. It’s… Nice to just be able to take a walk without worrying about anything.”
“I can’t pretend to know what you mean. Araqiel is peaceful at any time of the day, it gets boring. Maybe I’ll take you sometime I’m sure you will like the quiet.” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun pushed the button in the elevator for his floor and let out a small laugh.
“I don’t think I would be very welcome somehow, but the thought was nice.”
“Don’t be ashamed of what you are. Thousands of people died in the war and it solved nothing. I don’t know why our two realms can’t just get along.”
“Because my father is stubborn and fails to listen to reason, it’s his way or war as far as he’s concerned… I’ve never said a bad word against my father before, Leeteuk you’re a bad influence” Kyuhyun grinned as he held up their intertwined hands “I like this…” he smiled as they stepped out of the elevator.

“Me too. So does this mean we’re officially dating then?” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun opened the door to his apartment and walked in, pulling Leeteuk behind him with little refusal from the older of the two.
“No… This means you are mine” Kyuhyun smirked as Leeteuk headed over to the window, gazing out at the view below. “Id offer you something to eat but the only food I have in my kitchen is tofu and rice from when Hangeng was here last, but I do have this” he grinned as he pulled a bottle of wine from the refrigerator and grabbed two glasses off from the cupboard.
“It’s fine, im not hungry but I hope you don’t plan on trying to get me drunk.”
“The thought had crossed my mind” Kyuhyun chuckled.

For the next couple of hours they sat on the sofa talking comfortably. They discussed the war, and the effect it had had on each realm, Kyuhyun explained how the whole of Abaddon was seemingly preparing for something, but his father wouldn’t tell him what or why.

“I’m worried that he plans to start another war.” he sighed as he let his head fall back against the back of the sofa and his eyes fall closed.
“You’re really hard to figure out sometimes…” Leeteuk said quietly, earning a small laugh from the younger.
“Care to explain why?” he smiled.
“You’re the son of the demon king, yet you hate war. You prefer to live here in the human realm, as opposed to back home with your family. I know for a fact you’ve taken the lives of several angels from my realm, yet you saved my life the other night and asked me out on another date”
“Is that really such a bad thing?” Kyuhyun asked as he opened one eye to look at Leeteuk, who shrugged at the younger boy’s question.

“My mother taught me right from wrong, it may be hard to believe but I do know when to draw the line. I prefer to live here rather than Abaddon because I can live my life the way I wish, no duties as the king’s son, no one telling me what to do, and … I feel closer to my mother when I am here.”
“It’s understandable… but what about the last thing” Leeteuk asked as he leaned his head in his hand, resting his arm on the back of the sofa for comfort.
“I couldn’t let them hurt you. It’s no secret that I struggle to be around you, because of what we are, but at the same time the thought of anyone, even myself, hurting you drives me crazy.”
Leeteuk smiled and leaned in, closing the small gap between them and meeting Kyuhyun’s cheek with a kiss, taking the younger boy by surprise.
“What was that for?” Kyuhyun smiled as Leeteuk rested his head on his shoulder.
“For not letting them hurt me in the way they intended. I’ve never properly thanked you. I truly am grateful.”
“You’re welcome. I’ll never let anybody hurt you; I can promise you that but promise me Teukie… If I ever lose control with you again, just stab me with something, a pen, a knife, I don’t care what.”

Leeteuk’s eyes fell closed a few minutes later and he nodded slightly before he let out a yawn, snapping Kyuhyun out of his daze long enough to realise that their fingers were once again intertwined.
“This is becoming a habit” Leeteuk giggled, looking at their hands as Kyuhyun shuffled off the sofa, catching him before he face planted the cushions.
“You’re tired and it’s late. You should get some sleep. I’ll sleep on the sofa” Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled Leeteuk to his feet and walked him to the bedroom.
“You’re too good to be true; no demon I have met has ever been this nice, even to their own kind.” Leeteuk pouted as Kyuhyun left his side to close the blinds. “Leave them open, please. I like to see the moon before I sleep, it brings me comfort”
“Sure, is there anything I can get you?”
“Just a glass of water please and then I’ll stop being a bother” he grinned and Kyuhyun nodded.
“You’re no bother but here you can wear these” he mumbled, pulling a pair of gray sweat pants and a black t-shirt from one of his drawers and putting them on the bed before leaving the room.

Minutes later Kyuhyun walked back into his room turning, almost dropping the glass of water in his hand when he saw Leeteuk undressing. “Aish I’m sorry!” he yelped as he set the glass down on the bedside table and stared out of the window. “Tell me when you’re done”
Leeteuk laughed as he made his way over to Kyuhyun and hugged him lightly from behind.
“I don’t mind, I’m already mostly changed anyway. See” he grinned as he stepped backwards and the younger boy turned around. Leeteuk was wearing the sweatpants already and was in the process of ing his shirt when his eyes locked with Kyuhyun’s.

“Its not that it bothers me to see you half in my bedroom or anything” Kyuhyun whispered as he stepped forward, closing the distance between them, and brushing his lips lightly against Leeteuk’s jaw, earning a shaky breath from the latter. “I just find it… difficult, to control myself when you’re wearing so little”
“Kyuhyun” Leeteuk whispered, almost too quietly too hear as his eyes fluttered closed. “I really wouldn’t complain if you kissed me right now”
“So that’s how it is hmm well what if I did this?” Kyuhyun smirked as he ran his hand up from Leeteuk’s hips and over his toned stomach, pressing his nails down slightly as his fingers trailed over Leeteuk’s s and to the back of his neck where he leaned in and pressed his lips softly against the angel’s. The kiss was soft, tender and warm at first, making the both of them weak at the knees for a few moments before Kyuhyun bit down on the angel’s bottom lip as he pulled away.
“I wouldn’t mind that either” Leeteuk breathed as Kyuhyun ran his hands over his stomach, tracing patters with his fingernails. “But I have to tell you something, before anything happens”
“Hmm what is it?” Kyuhyun mumbled as his lips traced down Leeteuk’s neck and to his shoulder where his hands were slowly brushing the shirt off the angel’s shoulders. 

“I won’t give myself to you until I trust you completely and in every way possible. As an angel it is something I believe strongly in. Giving yourself to someone means a certain level of commitment where I am from, I will not break that out of convenience.”
Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled away and Leeteuk’s shirt fell to the floor behind him, exposing his torso completely.
“I can assure you that was not my intention, you said you wouldn’t mind me kissing you, I’m simply taking advantage of that” he smirked as his lips once again found Leeteuk’s.

The second kiss was a little rougher than the first but still tender and loving. Leeteuk wound his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck, tangling his fingers in his hair as the younger boy continued to trace patterns over the his stomach, sending shivers up his spine, before Kyuhyun slipped his hands to the small of Leeteuk’s back, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. When they finally parted Kyuhyun softly on Leeteuk’s bottom lip, earning a soft whimper from the angel and bringing a smirk to his face.

“I’ll leave you to get some sleep” Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled away from Leeteuk, his hands brushing across the angel’s stomach as he turned to leave the room.
“Kyuhyun” Leeteuk said softly as he reached out for the younger boy’s hand, taking it lightly in his grip. “Your bed is big enough for two, you don’t have to sleep on the sofa”
Kyuhyun smiled at the blush that had crept onto the angel’s cheeks as he intertwined their fingers.
“I wasn’t sure if you would be comfortable with me sleeping beside you.”
“The truth is I would be insulted if you didn’t” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun leaned forward and pecked his lips once more before pulling away.
“Give me a few minutes” he smiled as he grabbed a change of clothes and walked through into the bathroom to change.

He left the bathroom, throwing his clothes into the laundry basket on the way, and smiled. Never In a million years did he ever think he would have an angel sleeping in his bed, let alone be dating one. Leeteuk was lying on his side with his arm tucked behind his head, his back facing the bathroom as he gazed out at the moon. Kyuhyun turned off the light in the living room before walking into his bedroom, closing the door behind him and turning off the light before climbing into bed behind Leeteuk.
“Not asleep yet are you?” he smiled as he pulled a large blanket over the two of them before slipping his arm around Leeteuk’s waist, smiling when he felt the angel lean into him.
“Nope not yet” Leeteuk smiled as he felt Kyuhyun lips graze softly against his neck and down to his shoulder.
“Not a big fan of wearing t-shirts to bed I take it?” Kyuhyun smirked as he noticed the black t-shirt thrown on the chest of drawers at the corner of his room.
“I prefer not too” he laughed as Kyuhyun’s hand wandered over his bare torso before settling again on his stomach.
“I’m happy about that” Kyuhyun grinned against Leeteuk’s shoulder, earning a small whimper from the latter as his fangs brushed against the angel’s skin.
“I thought you were supposed to be letting me sleep?”
“I’m sorry… it’s too tempting having you in my bed… half and all to myself for the whole night. I think it might be better if I slept on the sofa, it might possibly drive me crazy being so close to you” Kyuhyun sighed as he started to withdraw his arm to get out of bed before Leeteuk grabbed his hand, holding firmly in place on his stomach.
“You’re not going anywhere” He smiled as he pulled Kyuhyun close, earning a hum of approval from the younger boy.
“As you wish” Kyuhyun smirked as he kissed the back of Leeteuk’s neck, his smirk curling into a smile when he noticed the angels eyes were closed.
“Goodnight beautiful” he whispered before he closed his eyes and let sleep pull him in.

**

Leeteuk let out a small sigh as he arrived at the light realm; the warm sun hitting his skin was a huge contrast to the cold of the human realm he had just left behind. He pulled the sleeves of the sweater he was wearing over his hands, smiling to himself as a hint of Kyuhyun’s aftershave hit his nose.
“Why are his clothes so comfortable” he grinned as he headed towards the palace.

Sungmin was sitting outside the palace gates wearing a grey wife beater and a pair of white shorts as he sat beneath the sun’s rays. Leeteuk smiled at his cousin as he approached.
“Morning Sungmin”
“You’re a little late aren’t you?” Sungmin asked, glancing at his watch and frowning when he noticed the time. “Alright you’re early… Aish today seemed to be going so quickly but in reality its dragging.”
“Well if you sit out here all day doing nothing it will go slowly. Where is your father?”
“Throne room, discussing something with Yunho and Changmin but he told me you’re fine to go straight through”
“Yunho and Changmin are back? When did that happen?” Leeteuk asked, receiving a nod from Sungmin before he got up and walked with the older angel.
“They got back around midnight. Apparently King Kim is preparing to attack the human realm soon” he lied, gauging the look on Leeteuk’s face for a reaction but Leeteuk simply shrugged and looked at the floor ahead of him.
“I don’t think he would, what would be the point? Everything has been mostly quiet since the end of the war. I’m sure the king of the dark realm is just as tired and in need of a rest as uncle. Don’t fret Sungmin, I’m sure everything is fine” Leeteuk smiled as they made their way through the palace.
“Sire!” A voice called from behind them before a boy with light brown curly hair caught up to them, panting slightly but smiling brightly none the less. “Sire I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Chef wants to know how many people will be attending the meal tonight, I would ask the king but he is busy.”
“Leeteuk, you remember Chanyeol right?” Sungmin laughed and the boy, Chanyeol, grinned.
“I remember you” Leeteuk smiled “Your hair has grown quite long since I last saw you”
Chanyeol nodded and ran his fingers through his curly crop of hair.
“Leeteuk are you busy tonight? Im sure father would like you to be at Yunho and Changmin’s homecoming meal.” Sungmin asked and Leeteuk sighed.
“Im sorry Sungmin I can’t, I already have plans. But I’ll see them before I leave after speaking with uncle; I’ll make sure of it.”
“As you wish, Chanyeol tell chef to prepare enough for nine” Sungmin ordered and Chanyeol bowed before taking off in a run back toward the kitchen.
“Do you know what uncle wishes to discuss?” leeteuk asked and Sungmin shrugged as they arrived at the doors to the throne room.
“No” he lied as he knocked and pushed open the door before Leeteuk had chance to speak.

Inside the throne room was a large table pushed off to the side, giving the king enough space to hold important meetings, as well as the future crowning ceremony when the time comes for Sungmin to take the crown. At the far end of the room was the king’s throne, a large silver chair with intricate detail spanning from the bottom to the top and elegant purple satin fabric covering the seat and back rest.   (( http://www.febland.co.uk/images/large/fgu306_throne_chair.jpg ))
The king was sitting in his throne; in front of him were two well dressed men, looking to be around Sungmin’s age, clad in sleek black suites with white shirts underneath. Both showed little sign at they had been away from Araqiel for so long.

“Ah Leeteuk come in” The emperor smiled, excusing himself for a moment to meet Sungmin and Leeteuk half way down the room. “Sungmin… You have other things to be doing… so go and do them please” he said sternly, confusing the prince.
“But father I thought…”
“I wish to speak to Leeteuk alone. Once I have finished speaking with Yunho and Changmin they will leave too. Understand?”
“Yes… Sorry father I’ll go and prepare for tonight” Sungmin nodded, bowing in apology before leaving the room.
“Leeteuk do you remember Yunho and Changmin?” The emperor asked as he looped his arm over Leeteuk’s shoulders and led him towards the throne.
“I do… They left before the war… they missed everything…”
“Maybe so but they didn’t need to be here. Running my little errand kept them safe. And now they are back, they can help protect the people I hold most dear to me. Changmin, Yunho. You remember my nephew Leeteuk right?” 

“I remember you Leeteuk” the oldest, Yunho, mumbled as he took his eyes off the floor and looked blankly at Leeteuk. “Although… when we last met you seemed a little more…” he paused, looking over Leeteuk, his piercing blue eyes glowing as if he was looking straight through the other angel. “Normal. There is something different about you, it worries me”
“I am sorry to hear about your mother Leeteuk” the younger of the two spoke softly as he gave Leeteuk a gentle smile. “Don’t mind Yunho. We all know what he can be like”
“Thank you Changmin” Leeteuk nodded “Nothing is different about me Yunho I can assure you, I’ve just grown up since you’ve been gone”
“Im sure. My lord, I look forward to this evening’s meal in our honour.” Yunho bowed “Please excuse me while I shower and make myself presentable” he smiled a little when the emperor nodded, shooting one quick glance Leeteuk’s way before leaving the room.
“Leeteuk, Yunho and Changmin are reclaiming their positions as my royal guards so you will be seeing them a lot from now on”
“I expected as much. What did you wish to talk to me about? Im sorry if I seem like I’m in a rush, Its just that I have plans later on today and I can’t be late”
“Changmin” The emperor muttered and Changmin nodded
“Take care of yourself Leeteuk” he smiled as he pressed his hand to Leeteuk’s chest. Seconds later his smile fell and he removed his hand. “I’ll leave you two to talk… And sire… Its true” he nodded before leaving the room without another word. 

Leeteuk glanced at Changmin as he left, swallowing hard when he noticed the look on his uncles face.
“When were you going to tell me Leeteuk?” Emperor Lee asked, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he sat on his throne.
“I… Im a little lost. Tell you what? What did Changmin just confirm to you?” Leeteuk asked, biting his lip nervously.
“You know what I’m talking about. Please don’t lie to me anymore, Sungmin already told me everything. When were you going to tell me you were dating a demon!? How can you be so stupid?”
“Uncle Im not being stupid! I know what I’m doing”
“And what is that exactly? Because if it’s trying to get yourself killed then well done. You might just achieve that before your 23rd birthday.”
“It isn’t like that I swear! He isn’t like that, it might sound cliché but he’s different, he isn’t like the rest of them…”
“Leeteuk he is Prince Kyuhyun! Do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into by just being friends with him? Let alone dating him! He is a demon! And the son of the most powerful demon there is.”
Leeteuk shook his head, pulling the collar of his jacket around his neck more to hide the mark he was praying his uncle wouldn’t see.
“He really is different” he whispered “He protects me, he makes me happy…”
“If he protects you so much then what the hell is that mark on your neck… there’s no use hiding it, I saw it the minute you walked in the room.”
“He didn’t attack me if that’s what you’re thinking” Leeteuk frowned, taking a seat on the chair opposite the throne. “Can you at least let me explain please?”
“Fine, Talk.”

Leeteuk sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair before opening his mouth to speak.
“First of all, yes he is a demon but he isn’t like the rest of them and he isn’t like his father… He’s only half demon, okay it’s the more dominant part of him but his mother was human. Not all demons are like what we’ve been told all of our lives… Kyuhyun is different. He cares about me…he protects me. It might be hard to believe but Im happy with him uncle, the happiest I’ve been since my mother died. And most of the things I’ve been told about his brother were wrong too…”
“You met Heechul? Aish Leeteuk what have you gotten yourself into”
“Uncle… Do you remember my friend Hangeng?” Leeteuk asked and a confused look spread upon Emperor Lee’s face.
“I do… He got kidnapped and probably killed by the same family you’re suddenly so close too”
“He’s alive, he’s happy and he’s healthy. If it proves anything in regards to what we know… Hangeng and Heechul are together, no forced relationship, no blackmail. Hangeng chose for himself. Just as I chose to be with Kyuhyun”
“He bit you, doesn’t that tell you anything?”
“I let him” Leeteuk mumbled, raising his head to make eye contact with his uncle. “He drinks a little from me every day. It keeps him strong and it stops him hurting anyone.” Emperor Lee’s neutral face fell, about to speak when Leeteuk continued.
“I don’t care what you think of me for letting him feed from my blood, but don’t rule him out because of what he is. If it wasn’t for him I would be dead. I was attacked by two vampires not too long ago. You didn’t know that with your ‘all seeing all knowing’ attitude did you?” He questioned with a sarcastic edge to his voice as he pulled his legs up onto the chair.
“I did not! Why didn’t you tell me?”
“Because it would mean you finding out about him and I knew how you’d react! He saved me, killed the both of them and took me back to his apartment so I would be safe and so I could rest. He even healed me! The mark on my neck is for protection. Any demon or vampire that abides by the laws of Abaddon knows that this is Kyuhyun’s mark” he pointed to his neck, pulling the collar of his jacket down in the process. “Nobody is allowed to touch me, hurt me or put me at risk as long as I have this mark. He really does care about me uncle… Why can’t you see that?” Leeteuk sighed as he got up off the chair “I was going to tell you about him… when the time was right” he mumbled as he made his way towards the door, feeling anything else he tried to say would be wasted.

“Leeteuk wait a minute” The emperor sighed “Im probably going to regret this but… If you insist on… dating this boy, I want to meet him.”
“You… you want to meet him? Where? How?”
“Here of course, I will not leave the safety of the palace, just incase you are wrong about him”
“But I thought the spell cast over the realm prohibited demons from entering?” Leeteuk asked, confused as he approached his uncle once more.
“If what you say about him is true he will be allowed to enter. His human side counteracts the spell.”
“When do you want to meet him?” Leeteuk asked, suddenly nervous as the thought of his uncle and Kyuhyun meeting.
“Tomorrow, unless he is otherwise occupied”
“Tomorrow is fine…  But uncle… He struggles around so many pure beings… he was practically drunk off the scent at the masquerade ball. He can keep himself under control to a point as long as I am with him. But if he smells fresh blood…”
“I understand Leeteuk, do not worry, I don’t plan on putting anybody else in danger. We will meet out in the courtyard; the fresh air should stop our scent being too strong for him. I can’t say im ready to accept him, but for you I’ll give him a chance.” The emperor smiled, staggering backwards a little when Leeteuk launched forward, wrapping his arms tightly around his uncle.
“Thank you uncle.”
“Don’t thank me yet; just make sure you stay safe. You can go now I’m sure you have things you would rather be doing”
“I’ll be safe, I promise. I’m sorry I can’t be at Changmin and Yunho’s meal tonight, I promised Kyuhyun we could do something” Leeteuk smiled a little, trying to hide it from his uncle.
“He really makes you happy doesn’t he? I haven’t seen you smile so genuinely for years. Go home Leeteuk. I’ll see you both tomorrow” the emperor smiled, hugging Leeteuk one last time before pushing his nephew towards the doors.

“He took that better than I expected him to” a voice came as Leeteuk exited the throne room, making him stop.
“Stay away from me Sungmin; you put my relationship in danger by telling uncle before I was ready… I don’t want to talk to you right now”
“I told him to protect you cousin. Kyuhyun is no good” Sungmin mumbled as he leaned against the door, tensing when he saw the look Leeteuk was giving him.

**

When Leeteuk arrived back at Kyuhyun’s apartment he let himself in with Kyuhyun’s spare key, slightly surprised when he realised the apartment was quiet and seemingly empty.
“He must have gone out” he shrugged, leaving the key on the kitchen counter before kicking off his shoes and walking through to the bedroom, a smile stretching across his face when he saw Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was fast asleep on the right side of the bed, his arm stretching across onto the side Leeteuk was previously laid on, as If the angel never left. Leeteuk walked over and quietly sat beside the sleeping demon, studying his face carefully as he slept.
“So handsome” Leeteuk whispered, as he gently brushed Kyuhyun’s hair away from his face letting his fingers linger on the demon boy’s temple for a moment before he leaned down and pressed a kiss to Kyuhyun’s slightly parted lips. Kyuhyun groaned a little and smiled as Leeteuk’s kiss woke him. Before Leeteuk could realise Kyuhyun was awake he felt the younger boy’s arms wrap around him before he was pulled onto the bed.
“Good morning” Kyuhyun smiled as he straddled Leeteuk’s stomach before he leaned down and nuzzled his face against Leeteuk’s neck.
“Morning, I can’t believe you’re still in bed. I’ve been to see my uncle and you’re still in your pyjamas” Leeteuk chuckled pressing his hands to Kyuhyun’s hips.
“I heard you leave… I was going to get up so I could go and eat but I fell asleep before I could move” Kyuhyun shrugged, biting his lip as he sat up, his hands sprawled out on Leeteuk’s chest. Leeteuk frowned and raised his hand, brushing his thumb across Kyuhyun’s cheek, his smile returning when he felt Kyuhyun lean against his hand.
“You’re hungry?” Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun nodded.
“Don’t worry, I’ll eat later”
“You need to feed now” Leeteuk mumbled and smiled as he tilted his head, exposing his neck for Kyuhyun. “Don’t worry, I trust you”

Kyuhyun smiled and took a deep breath as he leaned forward.
“Im glad you trust me… because im not so sure I trust myself” he sighed before plunging his fangs into the side of Leeteuk’s neck. Leeteuk whimpered at the familiar burning sensation, his fingers digging into Kyuhyun’s hips as his eyes slipped closed. Kyuhyun drank deeply, shifting his hands to grab both of Leeteuk’s wrists.
“Kyu… be careful” Leeteuk whispered, unable to find his usual voice as his head swam with both pain and pleasure.
His eyes opened wide when a low growl left Kyuhyun’s throat as he pinned Leeteuk’s arms to the bed, immobilizing him as he drank.  Leeteuk’s eyes fluttered as he tried to focus them as his vision started to blur and fade around the edges; he tugged his hands, trying and failing, to free them from Kyuhyun’s strong grip. 
Kyuhyun froze as he felt Leeteuk relax underneath him, the only indicator that Leeteuk was still breathing was the laboured breaths leaving his mouth.
“Teukie?!” he gulped, healing the wound before pulling back. Leeteuk was pale; his eyes closed as he made no effort to move his arms from where Kyuhyun had them pinned. “Teukie are you okay? I knew this was a bad idea! Baby please wake up” he panicked, shaking the angel slightly.
Leeteuk opened his eyes slowly, groaning when his head spun as a wave of dizziness hit him.
“Im okay” he mumbled, giving Kyuhyun a small smile as the younger climbed off him and knelt beside him.
“I’m so sorry! Never let me do that again so early in the morning when I haven’t fed all night!”
“Kyuhyun don’t panic. I was close to passing out, not being dead”
“You’re an idiot for letting me do that, and im an idiot for risking it” Kyuhyun frowned.

Leeteuk smiled a little and allowed himself to be pulled onto Kyuhyun’s lap as the younger sat against the headboard.
“Kyu I need to tell you something” he mumbled as Kyuhyun held him gently. “Sungmin told my uncle about us… He wants to meet you”
“Your uncle wants to meet me? Wait why did Sungmin tell him about us?”
“He thought by telling my uncle he was protecting me… but his plan backfired because uncle is giving you a chance because you make me happy” he smiled, nuzzling his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder.
“I hurt you Leeteuk” Kyuhyun frowned, running his fingers across the redness of the newly healed wound on the angel’s neck.
“I’m fine, seriously. If I wasn’t would I be able to do this” Leeteuk grinned, weakly threading his fingers through Kyuhyun’s hair to kiss him before parting just seconds later. “I’m just weak, that’s all so stop worrying, we have tomorrow to plan”
“Tomorrow? Wait I’m meeting him tomorrow?!”
“He wanted to meet you as soon as possible… bad news though. It’s going to be in my realm”
“I can’t get into Araqiel… you’re forgetting demons are banned”
“But you’re half human, uncle says he will allow you to enter. Don’t worry he knows what he’s doing and he knows that you struggle in that type of environment. I’ll be with you all of the time so just focus on me” Leeteuk smiled and Kyuhyun sighed.

“Alright… I’ll do this for you” he smiled “As long as your uncle knows what he’s getting himself into”
“I’m sure he knows” Leeteuk muttered “Thank you Kyuhyun” he smiled, leaning up to kiss Kyuhyun tenderly before settling his head on the younger’s shoulder.
“Thank me tomorrow when we get home. Now get some rest, you need to get your strength back and we don’t have anything planned for today so sleep for a while” Leeteuk smiled, letting his eyes slip closed as he snuggled closer in Kyuhyun’s hold.

Kyuhyun didn’t want to admit the thought of visiting Araqiel and meeting Emperor Lee scared him and made him feel uncreasingly uneasy. He had barely been able to keep himself under control at the masquerade ball so how was he supposed to handle a realm filled with pure beings? He sighed as he studied Leeteuk’s face.
“Only time will tell”


---------------------

Chapter 8 will be rather exciting :3 Just a quick heads up!
I'm so looking forward to getting it written