Acceptance

Sovereignty

A/N: So I wasn't planning on posting this chapter yet. I haven't finished the current chapter i'm working on and i'm still having issues writing, but hopefully the current chapter won't take me too much longer to finish now. The gap between this chapter and the last is longer than I wanted but whenever I make a vow to myself to update frequently and on a pretty regular schedule, even if it's once every month, something screws it up.
I hope that despite the delay you'll still enjoy this chapter and the chapters to come~
As always, comments and feedback are appreciated.

 


 

Leeteuk sat in the dining hall the next morning eating breakfast alone. He was sitting at the end of the large table as the sun's rays shone through the open patio doors, hitting his back and warming him gently. It was already a beautiful day outside despite it only being early but Leeteuk was happy to be awake, because as well as giving him more time in the day it meant that he could see the light realm at its nicest. Despite many people waking up in the early hours in the morning, Araqiel was quiet until lunch time when the market opened up. Just as Leeteuk finished his breakfast and picked up his glass to take a sip of his orange juice, Sungmin appeared out of the corner of his eye and he greeted his cousin with a warm smile.
“Good morning, Sungmin. You’re up early this morning” he spoke softly and Sungmin nodded, smiling through his obvious tiredness. He walked over and took a seat at the table beside Leeteuk before resting his head on his hand and letting out a yawn.
“Good morning. I.. Siwon stayed in my room again last night and he had an early meeting. I couldn’t get back to sleep so I figured i’d just get up, have breakfast and then go back to bed in a little while” Sungmin smiled and rubbed his eyes before sitting up and glancing around the room “Where is Kyuhyun? Still in bed?”
“Yeah. We were up late last night and he doesn’t really do mornings as it is so I thought i’d let him sleep while I got breakfast” Leeteuk smiled “I’m going back in a few minutes though. So what are you and Siwon now then? Are you dating or is it just… casual?”
“I don’t know. We haven’t spoken about it really. I guess it’s just casual at the minute”
“Well be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt and if your father finds out you know he won’t approve.” Sungmin sighed.
“I know, because I have to ‘Marry a princess’” he grumbled, imitating his father’s voice the best that he could but the attempt only made Leeteuk laugh “Why can Kyuhyun date anybody he wants but I have to marry a princess? It’s not fair”
“Kyuhyun’s brother is next in line to the throne of Abaddon. Kyuhyun has almost given up on the idea of being king. I don’t really think his father cares who he dates but… He hasn’t met me yet so i’ll let you know when he finds out”

“Aren’t you worried about meeting him? My father is accepting and is willing to give anybody a chance no matter where they come from. I doubt King Kim will be very happy about his son dating anybody from the light realm, nevermind the nephew of his enemy”
“Of course i’m worried. I’m worried that he will take one look at me and try to hurt me, or Kyuhyun. I try not to think about it because I don’t know when it will happen. I know Kyuhyun will want his father to meet me but they aren’t exactly on the best of terms lately. There’s a lot of tension between them. We’re waiting for things to calm down a little before making any choices.” Sungmin nodded in understanding of Leeteuk’s words, after all he could relate to the worry Leeteuk was feeling since he felt the same over his father finding out about his relationship with Siwon.
 

After a few moments of silence Sungmin spoke again. He chose his words carefully but there was no way he could ask the question he was thinking without possibly making Leeteuk annoyed.
“What would you do if Kyuhyun’s father stops you from seeing him? What if he forbids it and Kyuhyun listens to him?” he asked and Leeteuk shrugged before shaking his head.
“He won’t. Even if he forbids Kyuhyun from seeing me, Kyuhyun won’t listen. His father has lied to him one too many times. There aren’t enough reasons in the world that he could use to change Kyuhyun’s mind about us being together, I know that because we both know the risks and neither of us are willing to let somebody else rip us apart. Not now, not ever”
“I wish I had what you have with him. Seeing the two of you together, the way he looks at you..” Sungmin paused and sighed slightly before looking down at his hands. Leeteuk noticed a sad expression on his cousin's face before he got up and walked over to kneel by his side.  
“Listen to me, Sungmin. You’re young and you are our future Emperor, you have all the time in the world to fall in love with someone as I have with Kyuhyun. I was lucky enough to find Kyuhyun again after years of us being apart, maybe Siwon won’t be your happily ever after but enjoy yourself while you have the chance. I’ve made plenty of mistakes and there have been times I thought I was in love but I wasn’t, it only took meeting Kyuhyun again for me to realise that I didn’t know what love was until he came back into my life. Give yourself time, Sungmin, there’s no reason to rush” Leeteuk smiled and Sungmin nodded before he gave the older a small smile and hugged him tightly. Leeteuk returned the hug briefly and when Sungmin pulled away he took a step back.
“Thank you, Leeteuk. I just feel like life is rushing by so quickly these days”
“So enjoy what you have with Siwon while it lasts. You never know, you might find yourself falling in love with him afterall”
“Baby steps. I do have feelings for him other than the … but the is great too” Sungmin chuckled, a hint of a blush on his face as he thought about previous nights he had spent with Siwon. Leeteuk laughed softly and patted his cousin on the cheek before giving him a wink.
“Speaking of , I have a boyfriend to get back to” he grinned “I’ll see you in a little while Sungmin”
“You’re gross! I don’t want to know anything about you and Kyuhyun having and I certainly don’t need to know when he’s and why, thank you very much!” Sungmin whined and covered his ears as he pulled a disgusted face at the older angel and stuck his tongue out, but Leeteuk simply laughed and pressed a kiss to Sungmin’s head before he walked happily from the dining room and back towards his bedroom.
 

****
 

Hangeng walked through the palace towards the kitchens after finishing off his morning tasks. After waking up and noticing that Heechul had already left for the day, he made the bed and tidied their bedroom before putting their clothes into the wash. The weather had taken a turn for the worse overnight and much of the outer realm was flooded, leading to many of the guards from the palace being relocated to help the people in the villages below. As the storm continued into the morning Hangeng looked out of one of the many windows of the palace and frowned as he watched the rain come down and the lightning light up the darkened morning sky. He made his way into the kitchens and poked his head through the doors to the dining room before shaking his head with an amused smile when he noticed Heechul asleep at the table.
“Heechul” He called out softly as he stepped inside the dining room and walked over to Heechul. He shook the older gently to wake him and when Heechul’s eyes opened, Hangeng smiled. “What are you doing sleeping at the table? Come back to bed”
“I woke up because of the thunder. Couldn’t get back to sleep” Heechul mumbled, flinching slightly when another crack of thunder sounded throughout the room. The older prince wasn’t afraid of much but thunder always had a way of scaring him, no matter how safe he was. “Aish, I wish it would stop already. There’s barely anybody in the palace because of this storm, they’re all out helping the villages. I came for breakfast but I don’t know where the chef is.” Hangeng grabbed a blanket that was draped over the back of one of the nearby chairs before he moved to put it over Heechul’s shoulders. Heechul smiled and pulled the blanket around himself before he yawned.
“Do you want food, or blood?” Hangeng asked and Heechul only looked at him with a small smile. Hangeng nodded and reached out his hand for the prince to take and Heechul complied, but before they could leave King Kim stepped into the dining room and greeting them with a smile.
“Good morning, father. How are the villages doing?” Heechul asked quietly, as Hangeng gave the king a bow, and the king sighed.
“Good morning. They aren’t doing too well. This storm caught everybody off guard. The amount of rain that has fallen overnight is more than we’ve had in the past month alone. The rivers are bursting their banks and the drains are already too full of water, they cannot take anymore. I’ve given the order to evacuate all the lower villages for the time being, the people can take shelter in the guards quarters until it is safe for them to return home”
“I wish I could help..”
“Do not worry, my son. I know how you feel about storms. Go back to bed and try to sleep through it” the king smiled and Heechul nodded before walking towards the doors with Hangeng “Oh, Heechul. I’ve tried calling Kyuhyun but he won’t answer his phone, can you call him for me later and tell him that I will be visiting his apartment today? I want to speak with him”
“Of course, father. I’ll call him in a few hours, he won’t be awake yet”
“Thank you.” Hangeng and Heechul made their way back to the bedroom they shared and once inside Hangeng pulled the curtains closed in an attempt to block out the sound of the thunder as it continued to rumble the sky. Heechul lay on the middle of the bed and pulled the blanket tighter as his tail lay between his legs. Despite the curtains being closed, muffling the thunder, Heechul could still hear everything clearly and every rumble of thunder made him flinch a little more than the last. He pulled another thick blanket over his head and sighed.
“I’ll eat later, i’m just going to stay like this for a little while” he mumbled, his voice muffled by the blankets, but Hangeng’s soft laugh let Heechul know that he had been heard.
“Get some sleep, i’m right here if you need me. I’m not going anywhere, I promise” Hangeng smiled as he began to rub Heechul’s back soothingly, and after only a short while Heechul fell asleep and his body finally relaxed.
 

****

 

Leeteuk smiled when his eyes landed on Kyuhyun. The younger was still fast asleep on the bed as his chest rose and fell steadily. He was lying on his back with one arm resting above his head and his other hand on his stomach. As Leeteuk walked closer he ran his eyes over his boyfriends torso and hummed softly at what he saw. At some point after the angel had left for breakfast Kyuhyun had moved and partially kicked off the blankets that had originally been covering him. The covers were now low on his hips, exposing his bare chest and stomach and drawing Leeteuk’s eyes to the youngers hip bones. He bit his lip before picking up their clothes from the night before, which had been forgotten about almost as fast as they were taken off, and putting them in the laundry basket. He got some clean clothes out and lay them on the dresser for Kyuhyun before kicking off his shoes and crawling back into bed with the younger.

“I wish that you could see how perfect and peaceful you look right now” Leeteuk whispered softly as he lay his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and traced his fingers softly over the younger's chest. Kyuhyun smiled at Leeteuk’s gentle touches of affection before he wrapped his arm around the angel and pulled him closer.

“Mm, if I look as perfect as you did last night then I know exactly what you mean” Kyuhyun mumbled softly before letting out a yawn and opening one eye to look at Leeteuk “You showered already?” he asked after noticing the sweater the angel was wearing before Leeteuk shook his head and rested his hand on Kyuhyun’s chest.
“No.. I’ll shower when we get back to your apartment. I’ve been awake for a while now so I thought I would leave you to sleep. I ate breakfast already and you’re still in bed. So lazy” Leeteuk hummed as he leaned in to kiss Kyuhyun’s jaw, bringing a cheeky smile to the prince’s lips.
“I would suggest that we stay in bed a little longer but we need to get back” he paused before looking back down at Leeteuk and raising an eyebrow “You really didn’t take a shower yet?”
“Nope. I feel gross but last night was worth it” Leeteuk grinned and gave a soft laugh as he pressed his lips against Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun smiled again and wrapped the angel in his arms before letting out a content sigh.
“Give me ten minutes to take a quick shower and get dressed then we can say goodbye to your uncle and head back home. And since my clothes are…” he paused and sat up, looking around the room in confusion before Leeteuk laughed and pointed to the laundry basket “Since my clothes are apparently dirty and need washing i’m stealing something from your closet”
“That’s fine. I still have your jacket anyway, remember?” Leeteuk smiled and Kyuhyun nodded “I’ll be outside in the courtyard when you’re done.”

 

After taking some time to finally move from where they were lying on the bed Kyuhyun took a quick shower before walking to Leeteuk’s closet and pulling on a pair of black jeans, with rips in the knees, and a thin but warm grey sweater. He dried his hair roughly with the towel and put on his shoes before heading out of Leeteuk’s room and walking towards the courtyard. Leeteuk was sitting on one of the benches beside the fountain in the middle of the courtyard as he sat beside his uncle. The two looked deep in conversation as Kyuhyun slowly approached but when he noticed the younger out of the corner of his eye, Leeteuk looked up and smiled.
“Those clothes… Keep them. They look so much better on you than they ever have on me” he smiled and gave Kyuhyun a wink as he ran his eyes over the younger’s form. The skinny jeans hugged Kyuhyun’s legs in all the right places and the sweater was baggier on the demon prince than on Leeteuk thanks to his slightly smaller frame. Emperor Lee cleared his throat before giving the younger man a smile.
“Good morning, Kyuhyun.Do the two of you have plans for today?” he asked and Kyuhyun smiled as he stood in front of the bench, slipping his hands into the pockets of his jeans.
“Good morning, sire. I’m expecting an important delivery at home so we’re going back to my apartment shortly. Afterwards though.. I’m not sure”
“Well, whatever you decide on I hope you both have a lovely day. And don’t forget about the party in two days time. The preparations have already started, the auditorium is being decorated as we speak”
“Thank you, uncle. I can’t wait for the party. It will be nice this time to not have to cut things short by sneaking Kyuhyun out of the back door” Leeteuk chuckled before he stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pouted before he scoffed playfully.
“I have a better handle on things now though too. I know it will be safe for me to be there. I’m looking forward to it, it’s going to be a night to remember” he smiled and Emperor Lee nodded, his smile reflecting Kyuhyun’s which left Leeteuk somewhat confused.
“Have I missed something? Why are you both smiling like that?” he asked and Kyuhyun shook his head before giving the emperor a bow.
“Nothing. Come on, let’s go. It was nice to see you again, my lord”
“You too, Kyuhyun. Take care.”

“Don’t I get a say in this? I don’t trust either of you right now, there’s something you’re not telling me. I can see it in your faces” Leeteuk whined and Kyuhyun shook his head again, this time with a grin.
“Nope, come on we have to get back.” Kyuhyun grabbed Leeteuk’s hand and gently pulled him up from the bench before he walked back inside and towards the main doors. It didn’t take long for the angel to give up any form of fight or protest and by the time they had left through the main doors he was walking happily beside the demon prince with their fingers laced together.

 

By the time Kyuhyun and Leeteuk arrived back in the human realm the sun was still high in the sky. Kyuhyun pushed up his sunglasses and linked his fingers with the angel’s once again as he gave him a small but loving smile. Leeteuk looked back at Kyuhyun before he looked down at the ground almost shyly.
“What?” He asked, feeling as though he had something on his face or maybe in his teeth but Kyuhyun’s smile didn’t falter. Instead he pulled Leeteuk closer and kissed his cheek softly.
“Nothing. I’m just admiring you whilst being thankful that you’re mine. This party is going to be the perfect opportunity to prove to everybody that i’m not somebody they need to be scared of anymore. And with you as my date how could it be bad? It’s going to be perfect”

“I like seeing you like this” Leeteuk smiled and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow curiously.
“Like what?”
“Happy. Excited for things. You’re even getting out of bed easier now. I think this is the most you’ve smiled and the longest you’ve smiled since we started dating”
“Things are better now. Nothing will ever replace my mother and I know I will miss her always but I feel like she is with me now. Before I knew who she really was I didn’t feel it. But since finding out who she was and after receiving her necklace I feel like she’s watching over me, like I always have a part of her with me. You make me happy. It’s natural and it’s pure and it’s better than any medication I can take. You are the thing that changed in my life for the better and I am grateful every single day. I was beginning to lose hope that things would ever change, but they did and I refuse to look back” Kyuhyun said softly and as he turned to look at Leeteuk again he narrowed his eyes when the older looked away to hide the tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. “Hey, look at me. Why are you crying?” he asked and Leeteuk smiled before using his free hand to wipe his eyes. He shook his head with a small smile and when Kyuhyun released his hand and cupped the older’s face he closed his eyes.
“Please don’t cry”
“They aren’t bad tears, I promise. I’m happy, so happy. I never expected to find someone I could be myself with. I don’t have to pretend around you. You say that you were losing hope that things would never change but I had almost given up on being this legitimately happy again. You changed my life as much as I changed yours and I can’t imagine my life without you anymore”
“You don’t have to. I’m not going anywhere” Kyuhyun smiled before he paused and pressed his lips against Leeteuk’s while he wiped the angel’s eyes with his thumbs. He felt eyes on them as a couple of people passed them in the street but it didn’t bother him, he was proud to be seen with Leeteuk. When they parted his rested his forehead against Leeteuk’s and took his hands “Move in with me” he spoke softly and Leeteuk looked up to meet his eyes for any sign of doubt but he saw none. Leeteuk smiled and wound his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck before he nodded.
“Of course I will” he smiled and let out a sigh of content when he was pulled against the younger’s chest and hugged tightly. Things were looking up and both of them could feel it.

 

When they arrived back at the apartment Kyuhyun yawned and kicked off his shoes. He looked around and smiled at the thought of Leeteuk living by his side. Despite the older only living a few blocks away it was still too far for Kyuhyun’s liking.
“Welcome home” he grinned on his way to the bedroom before he pushed the door open and let himself fall down onto the bed. Leeteuk followed closely and sat beside the younger, squeezing his thigh gently before pulling him to sit up.
“You need to feed. That’s why you’re so tired today”
“I’m fine, really. I don’t want to take too much of your blood, you know that..” Kyuhyun protested but Leeteuk pressed a finger to the younger’s lips, preventing him from continuing.
“No arguments”
“You realise I can still talk like this, right?” Kyuhyun chuckled as he poked his tongue out and Leeteuk’s finger “And it’s up to me if I feed from you” he paused before he kissed the end of the older’s finger and looked him in the eyes “Lucky for you, you know I can’t resist you so you know all too well that if you give me permission i’m not going to waste it.”

Leeteuk hummed softly, smiled and rested his hand on Kyuhyun’s chest as he leaned forward to kiss Kyuhyun’s lips. The kiss was sweet and gentle but it made Kyuhyun’s heart beat as fast as the day they shared their first kiss. “I think you’re starting to enjoy this as much as I do you know. You choose when I feed, it should be the other way around. But no” Kyuhyun paused, tapping his chin before he reached out to run his fingers across the mark that still sat proudly upon Leeteuk’s neck “You like it when I bite you, don’t you?” he hummed softly and Leeteuk let out a frustrated sigh.
“So what if I do? You need to feed and as long as you’re feeding from me I might as well get something out of it too. It isn’t just you feeding from me, it’s something personal between the two of us”
“You’re a masochist, admit it” Kyuhyun smirked as he leaned in and brushed his lips across the angel’s. Leeteuk closed his eyes briefly before he grabbed hold of Kyuhyun’s jacket and pulled him closer.
“It takes one to know one” he smiled making Kyuhyun laugh softly, breaking some of the between them.
“That was such a bad line. Now stop talking before this turns into something more than feeding” he purred, giving Leeteuk a wink before he leaned close to the angel’s neck. Leeteuk smiled and tilted his head to give Kyuhyun the room he needed. Kyuhyun raised his hand to rest on the side of Leeteuk’s neck and he gently ran his thumb over the soft skin, making Leeteuk smile. A shiver ran down the angel’s spine when Kyuhyun kissed the mark he had gotten so fond of before he felt an all too familiar pain in the side of his neck. The sharp pain no longer bothered Leeteuk, he had gotten so used to Kyuhyun feeding from him by now that the pain quickly passed and the area around the bite went numb. He didn’t know whether the numbness was something that Kyuhyun created, to dull any pain, or whether it was a natural reaction but he didn’t care to question it. After a couple of moments of drinking deeply Kyuhyun bit down harder, causing Leeteuk to let out a quiet whimper, before he paused and retracted his fangs.
“I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?” he asked and ran his tongue along the bite mark to stop the bleeding before he pulled back a little to look at Leeteuk. Leeteuk opened his eyes, gave the younger a small smile and shook his head.
“It didn’t hurt much, don’t worry. It surprised me more than it hurt. Do you feel better now?” he asked and Kyuhyun nodded before wiping any traces of blood from his lips and pressing them softly against Leeteuk’s. Leeteuk smiled at the sweet gesture and returned the kiss before the two of them parted and Kyuhyun smiled.
“Go and take a shower, i’ll make you lunch”
“You don’t have to do that, don’t feel like you have to cook for me all of the time”
“Shh, you let me feed and in return I make you lunch. You have to eat, especially if you insist on me only feeding from you. No arguments. I’m making you lunch and you don’t get a say in it. I’m making you Kimbap” Kyuhyun grinned, poking his tongue out at Leeteuk before he felt a gentle slap on the side of his head.
“You’re such a brat sometimes. But I won’t argue with being waited on. Give me about twenty minutes and i’ll be out”
“Of course, take your time. I’ll see you in a little while” Kyuhyun smiled and Leeteuk nodded before he got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind himself.

 

Kyuhyun walked back through into the kitchen with a small smile on his face as he rolled up the sleeves on Leeteuk’s sweater so they wouldn’t get dirty with cooking. There was something about wearing Leeteuk’s clothes that Kyuhyun liked more than his own. They were comfy and warm and the fact that they smelt of the angel was an added bonus, especially when they were apart. He began to hum softly as he prepared the leftover rice from the day before and cut up the vegetables. It didn’t take long for him to prepare the ingredients, and grab the rice cake from the refrigerator, and within ten minutes the Kimbap was ready. Making food for Leeteuk was something Kyuhyun found enjoyable. It was a new experience for him, having never needed to cook for anyone before, he felt as though it gave him an added sense of purpose. He continued to hum quietly to himself as he placed the Kimbap onto a plate before he glanced towards his bedroom and pouted when the door was still closed.

 

Shortly after he had finished cleaning up the kitchen after himself there was a knock and the door. Kyuhyun grinned as he thought about the important delivery he was waiting for but when he walked over and opened the door he saw the opposite of what he wanted. His father was standing on the other side of the door with Heechul by his side. He didn’t look angry or annoyed but instead he looked calm and almost completely relaxed, a big difference to the last time he was in his father’s company.

“Father?” Kyuhyun blinked in confusion upon seeing his father before turning his thoughts Leeteuk. For the first time that day he was glad that Leeteuk was hidden away in the bathroom and not by his side  “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to speak with you. I tried calling but you didn't answer. Is everything okay?” King Kim spoke softly and Kyuhyun nodded.

“Yeah. I've just been busy, and my phone is in the bedroom so I didn’t know you tried to call. I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting a visit, now isn't the best time..” he mumbled softly as his father stepped through the door and looked around the apartment while he waited for Heechul. Heechul sighed and shrugged helplessly before he stepped inside and stood close by Kyuhyun.

“I'm sorry. I did call you several times to warn you. He insisted on coming to see you” He whispered quietly in an attempt to keep his words from his father. Kyuhyun sighed.

“You're cooking? Do you have company” The king asked and Kyuhyun shrugged.

“Like I said, now isn't the best time. Can’t this wait, father? I can come and see you in a few hours. I don’t mean to be rude but me not answering my phone was a sign that I haven’t been available to, that should have made you realise that i’ve been busy.” Heechul walked around Kyuhyun’s apartment and stood over by the window as their father took a seat on the sofa.

There was tension between Kyuhyun and their father and Heechul had sensed it from the moment they had entered the younger’s apartment.

“You still refuse to wear anything with short sleeves I see” King Kim spoke softly when Kyuhyun stood beside the sofa with his arms crossed over his chest, exposing his forearms. Kyuhyun sighed and scratched the back of his neck before pulling the sleeves of his sweater down over his hands.
“Why does it matter to you what I wear? Scars are scars, why would I want them on show when they’re a reminder of my world being torn apart? I would never expect you to understand.” The king frowned as Kyuhyun spoke but before he could speak again the door to Kyuhyun’s bedroom opened and Leeteuk stepped out, freezing on the spot when his eyes moved to the much feared king of Abaddon. King Kim narrowed his eyes as he looked at Leeteuk, noticing the obvious bite mark on the other’s neck.
“You bring your food home with you now, Kyuhyun? Who would have thought that it would be you to keep an angel as a pet” he chuckled but when Leeteuk edged his way away from the sofa and over to where Kyuhyun was standing the king frowned. “Kyuhyun, do you care to explain to me why you are hiding an angel in your apartment?” Kyuhyun glanced towards Heechul before looking back to his father. What was the point in trying to hide his relationship when it was staring his father in the face? Heechul stepped closer to Kyuhyun and positioned himself a safe distance between his father and brother as Kyuhyun’s arm wrapped around Leeteuk’s waist to hold him close.

“I’m not hiding anybody anywhere, he was in the bathroom. Father, this is Leeteuk. And before you say or do anything just know that you are in my home, I won’t tolerate you trying to harm him” Kyuhyun said sternly and when his father’s expression hardened Kyuhyun moved to stand in front of Leeteuk whilst keeping a tight hold on his hand. He refused to let anybody harm Leeteuk, especially his own father.
“My son, dating an angel? You cannot expect me to allow that. Do you not remember why our realms went to war in the first place? Angels and demons can and will never be able to live peacefully. They are nothing to us but food, slaves and power”
“You’re wrong!” Kyuhyun growled as he glared at his father. He felt Leeteuk squeeze his hand both out of worry and as a reminder for the younger to stay as calm as possible “You don’t know anything about it or about him”
“Father” Heechul interrupted but Kyuhyun gave him a small nod to continue “The other day when you told me about Junsu, you asked about Leeteuk. And when I told you that he takes care of Kyuhyun and that they were made for each other, you told me that you wished to meet him one day. That you wanted to meet the person who finally made Kyuhyun happy again, well, here he is”
“That is different. I assumed that Leeteuk was either a demon or human like Hangeng. We cannot welcome an angel into the family without the realm descending into chaos”
“I don’t care about Abaddon! It isn’t my home anymore. My home is here, with Leeteuk. And if you can’t accept that then I don’t want you in my life. Heechul is happy for me, why can’t you just be happy for me too?”  

King Kim was quiet for a few moments and the room fell silent. Kyuhyun kept a tight hold on Leeteuk’s hand but he couldn’t help but smile when he felt the angel’s other hand run gently over his back to help calm and relax him.
“Kyuhyun” Leeteuk whispered soft against Kyuhyun’s ear and the younger man turned his head to hear what he had to say “Tell him.. It might change his mind.” King Kim raised his head when he heard Leeteuk’s voice, even though it was quiet his ears picked up the sound of the angel’s voice easily in the quiet room.
“Do you think that is wise?” Heechul asked but Kyuhyun nodded.
“You are a hypocrite, father. You disapprove of me being with Leeteuk because of what he is but you fell in love with an angel, just as I did” he said quietly but in a voice loud enough for his father to hear. The king frowned and a look of concern furrowed his brow as Kyuhyun spoke. He looked between his two sons and finally laid his eyes upon Leeteuk before sitting back in his seat and waving his hand for Kyuhyun to explain. Leeteuk stepped out from behind Kyuhyun and gave the younger a smile as he took a seat on the single chair opposite to the sofa where the king was sitting. Heechul took a seat beside his father and pulled his legs up onto the sofa.
“Father you need to listen to what Kyuhyun has to say. As farfetched as it sounds it’s all true.” King Kim stayed silent to let Kyuhyun speak and after a couple of minutes of silence, he began.

 

“Over the past couple of months now i’ve been discovering a part of myself that I didn’t know existed. Leeteuk has been helping me and so has Heechul and things are getting better, easier. All of my life so far people have looked down on me because they didn’t think I was good enough. They don’t feel like I should have a right to the throne because of who my mother was. Up until a few months ago I used to think the same, I just stopped letting it bother me because there’s nothing I could do to change it” Kyuhyun paused and perched on the arm of the chair that Leeteuk was sitting in, taking the angel’s hand once again.

"Father… Did you love my mother?" Kyuhyun asked sincerely, as he looked at his father to gauge the king's reaction. The kings features softened and he smiled sadly.

"I did. Very much. I had never loved a human more dearly than I loved your mother, Kyuhyun. My world was torn apart when she died. But then you came into my life and made things better. Over time I saw more and more of her in you and it was like she was right here with me. Your mother never truly left us, Kyuhyun. She lives on in you." Hearing his father speak so tenderly about his mother made Kyuhyun realise that he really did love her, and any suspicions he had about his father being responsible for her death were washed away in that moment.
“My mother wasn’t human. No matter what you think you knew about her, it was probably wrong. She spent so long hiding who she was from you because of who you are but the truth is she was from Araqiel, my mother was an angel of the light realm, just like Leeteuk. I am not half demon, half human like everybody thinks. The blood that flows through my veins is half demon, half angel” he said softly, mumbling the last part before he continued “I’m unique, apparently.” The king narrowed his eyes as he listened to Kyuhyun speak and he sat forward, once again looking between his two sons and Leeteuk. He shook his head and let out a laugh.
“This is some kind of a joke, right? He’s poisoned your mind, Kyuhyun. He’s making you believe things that aren’t real”
“No, that’s not true. I have a letter from my mother to prove it. She explained everything to me before she died. And if you still don’t believe me then believe this” Kyuhyun growled softly and he stood up from where he was sitting to step closer to his father before he pulled out his mother’s locket from beneath the sweater. The king's face changed instantly upon seeing the locket and Kyuhyun saw it in his father’s eyes, maybe his son wasn’t crazy afterall?
“My lord?” Leeteuk asked, earning a glance from King Kim before he continued “You don’t have to like me, or approve of me for that matter, but what Kyuhyun is telling you is true. My mother was close friends with his mother. When Kyuhyun’s mother died she made sure her necklace and letter were safe with my mother. When my mother died they got left to me but I didn’t know what they were for until the incident in your realm the other month”

“Kyuhyun, how can you expect me to believe this? I would have known if your mother was of pure blood”
“I can prove it to you.. When I killed several of your guards the other month, have you seen anything like that from a demon before?” Kyuhyun asked and the king shook his head “That was my light magic. I have both light and dark magic flowing through me and even though light magic is difficult to control, i’m slowly mastering it. Let me show you something.”

 

Heechul and Leeteuk watched as Kyuhyun went into his bedroom and came back with a small house plant that had been sitting on his drawers. It was a healthy plant with green leaves and small purple flowers but when Kyuhyun set the plant on the table and focused, the plant began to change. The purple flowers turned a dirty brown colour and the green slowly faded from the leaves until the plant was dead. Neither Heechul nor Leeteuk had seen the younger demonstrate this skill before but as he concentrated again and his eyes slowly faded to blue, the king's eyes widened.
“Kyuhyun..” he mumbled softly but Kyuhyun ignored his father’s voice as he concentrated. He touched his fingers to the plants dry brown leaves and watched, his eyes shining blue, as the colour began to return. Almost as quickly as the plant had died, after a few small touches the colour had returned and the plant was once again healthy. He closed his eyes for a moment and swayed slightly on the spot before Leeteuk stood up to support him. Leeteuk knew that Kyuhyun could manage on his own but there was always a worry that the younger would somehow hurt himself.
“You’ve been honest with him, you’ve shown him your magic. Don’t push yourself” Leeteuk whispered and Kyuhyun opened his eyes with a smile.
“I’m okay, Teukie. I promise”
“Kyuhyun.. I’m sorry. It appears that we have a lot to talk about in the future. I can’t imagine how difficult all of this has been on you but i’m glad you haven’t been alone” The king said softly, giving both Kyuhyun and Leeteuk a gentle smile “Leeteuk.. It may take me a while but if you truly make my son happy I won’t stop you from dating him. Just know that if you ever hurt him I cannot be held responsable for what happens to you”
“I would never dream of hurting him, sire. I love him” Leeteuk smiled before Kyuhyun embraced him from behind, wrapping his arms around the angel’s waist in full view of his father.
“Father, you understand that you can’t tell anybody about what Kyuhyun truly is, right? If the wrong people found out that he is part angel his life will be in danger and until he masters his magic, he cannot protect himself without harming himself” Heechul cautioned and the king nodded, only to be interrupted soon after by Kyuhyun.
“I understand, you have my word”
“That means not a word to Junsu. He would be the first to try and kill me if he knew”
“He’s your uncle, he will understand” The king assured but Kyuhyun scoffed and shook his head.
“He’s a psychopath! He’s tried to kill me already because he doesn’t approve of me being half human. He is and will never be my uncle, not after what he’s done in the past”
“Okay, Kyuhyun. I won’t breathe a word to anyone about this. But if you’ll excuse me I think i’m going to go. This is a lot to process and don’t want to keep the two of you any longer than needed. Thank you for being honest with me. And Leeteuk.. i’m glad I finally got to meet you. Take care of my son”
“I will, my lord. It was nice to meet you. Take care” Leeteuk smiled as King Kim got up from the sofa and walked over to the door. Heechul hugged Kyuhyun tightly and gave Leeteuk a small hug before he followed his father out of the apartment.

 

When they were alone in the apartment once again, Kyuhyun let out a frustrated sigh before sitting down on the sofa. He had never expected the meeting to have gone so well but he wasn’t planning on demonstrating his light magic to his father so soon either. Leeteuk walked over and sat beside the younger before cuddling against his side, simply enjoying each other’s company after a stressful and unexpected meeting with the king.
“Baby, when did you learn how to bring plants back to life like that?” Leeteuk asked after a little while of the two of them sitting in silence. Kyuhyun pressed a kiss to the older’s forehead before cuddling closer.
“Honestly, I didn’t expect it to work. I tried it briefly with grass when Heechul and I were training the other day. Sometimes it worked but others it didn’t. I was hoping that it would work so my father would believe us, thankfully it did and it’s something else i’ve learned that I didn’t think possible”
“I’m so proud of you. You’ve overcome everything that’s been thrown at you recently. And now we have my uncle’s party to look forward to” Leeteuk smiled and Kyuhyun nodded.
“And we need to move your things in here. But that can wait, for the time being I just want to stay here with you and only you.” Leeteuk kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek and smiled again as he laid his head on the younger’s shoulder.
“We have all the time in the world to do those things. But for now, lets just enjoy this time that we have. Just you and I.”