Revelations

Sovereignty

A/N: I'm sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter written and posted for you all. I didn't expect my hiatus to last as long as it did.
For my existing subscribers who are still here, thank you for staying! For any new subscribers, welcome!
And thank you to my ever loyal subscriber bookworm83197, your comments on my blog gave me that push of motivation I needed.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I shall try my best to get chapter 10 out as soon as I can.
Enjoy! x

 


 

Almost four days after the attack in the palace, life began to return to normal in the light realm. The emperor conducted his daily duties as usual with Yunho and Changmin by his side in case anything were to happen to disturb the peace. The palace staff came and went as usual, cooking, cleaning and tending to the gardens as though nothing had happened.

 

Sungmin was sitting in the gardens of the palace looking up at the passing clouds, breathing in the fresh morning air. After everything that had happened over the past couple of days sitting out in the sunlight was a much needed break from the stress and tension surrounding the palace.

“Sire, you should be in bed. You need your rest” Jiyong’s voice came softly from behind the prince and Sungmin turned his head, giving the other a small smile. Jiyong approached with his head lowered cautiously. “How are you feeling, sire?”

“I’m alright Jiyong, I just needed some fresh air” Sungmin smiled before looking down at the floor “Is Leeteuk still here? I haven’t seen him since… He won’t speak to me”

“I saw him this morning but he won’t speak to me either. He won’t speak to anyone. Sire, was I out of line?” Jiyong asked as he sat beside Sungmin, looking at the bandage wrapped around the prince's neck and his still pale complexion with a frown.

“Jiyong, you saved my life. If you hadn’t done what you did I would be dead. Leeteuk is just sulking because he can’t see his boyfriend. Please don’t feel like you were out of line because I could never thank you enough and I know my father feels the same”

“Thank you sire. I know I haven’t always been welcome since I returned like this, but I’m happy I was able to save your life. I’m glad I finally proved myself to you and your father.”

Sungmin smiled slightly and stood up, giving the redhead a small nod before looking around.

“I think I do need to rest, I’ll be in my room. I’ll see you later. If my father needs me just come and get me” he said softly before heading back into the palace. As he walked towards his bedroom he poked his head into Leeteuk’s room, frowning when he realised the angel wasn’t there. “I don’t have the energy to find him right now” he sighed, shaking his head a little before walking back to his bedroom and getting back into bed.

 

**

 

Leeteuk looked up at the palace from outside of the main gates giving a small sigh as the cool morning breeze swept over him. He turned away and made his way down towards the prison where he knew Kyuhyun was being held.

“Leeteuk” the guard said softly, an obvious sigh leaving his lips as the angel approached the gate. “You know you shouldn’t been here. I’ve been given strict orders not to let anybody in to see the prisoner”

“His name is Kyuhyun. Please Kangin, I have to see him” Leeteuk frowned, looking at the broad guard standing in front of the prison door, his jet black hair a perfect contrast to his mostly white uniform. His name was Kangin and not much else was known about him from before he arrived at the palace one day, armed and ready to serve the emperor. Kangin rubbed the bridge of his nose and let out a small chuckle to try and lighten the mood.

“He’s a danger, both to you and the realm, if I let you in and he hurts you it’s on my head, and I like my head attached to my body”

“I doubt he’s even awake yet, Jiyong used a lot of his power to subdue Kyuhyun, he’s already been here for three full days and from what I’ve heard he hasn’t woken once. Let me tend to his wounds and make sure he’s okay then I will leave. My uncle doesn’t have to know.”

Leeteuk looked at Kangin with pleading eyes and Kangin frowned before sighing in defeat.
“You know I can’t say no when you look at me like that. I’ll give you ten minutes but then you need to leave.” He turned and opened the door, leading Leeteuk down the dimly lit hallway and past the main rooms before they came across the cell where Kyuhyun was being held.

 

The majority of the prison rooms were average in size and private, intended for holding no stronger than an angel or a human. The furniture was minimal, containing a bed, table and chair for meal times and a small wet room consisting of a toilet, sink and small shower. There were three cells at the end of the main hallway built after the war for holding demons, should any ever stray into the realm. The bars were made from solid steel and reinforced with magic, preventing escape from even the strongest of demons. Furniture was limited to a small bed and a toilet, as no demon survived for more than a day before they were executed. The rest of the prison guards had been given orders to patrol the palace grounds, leaving Kangin alone to guard Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun was lying on the floor of his cell when Leeteuk finally found him, his eyes still closed. The cuffs around his wrists were secured to the wall by thick chains, preventing escape even when the demon prince was to wake. Leeteuk approached the door and wrapped his fingers around the bars, looking at the younger with a heavy heart.

“What have they done to you…” he frowned as he ran his eyes over the man he loved. The metal bar had been removed from Kyuhyun’s mouth when he had lost consciousness but Sungmin’s blood still stained the prince’s lips. Leeteuk moved to fetch a bowl of water and a cloth from the guard’s quarters, thanking Kangin with a silent nod when the cell door was opened and he was allowed in.

“Ten minutes. I’ll be close enough to know if he tries to hurt you but call me if you need me”

“Thank you Kangin. I won’t forget this.”

 

Leeteuk approached Kyuhyun and knelt down, setting the bowl on the floor before he reached out to brush his fingers through the younger’s hair. He frowned when he noticed dried blood on the prince’s forehead and in his hair.

“I’m sorry they hurt you like this… I’m going to get you out of here, I promise” Leeteuk whispered softly as he gently wiped away the blood on Kyuhyun’s lips and chin. As he moved to wipe away the blood on the younger’s forehead Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered a little and his fingers twitched as he slowly began to regain consciousness.

“Kyuhyun, can you hear me?” Leeteuk asked softly, breathing a sigh of relief when the younger’s eyes finally opened and he blinked a couple of times to allow his eyes to focus.

“Teukie...” Kyuhyun said hoarsely as he moved his arms a little to hug the older, frowning when the chains pulled straight, preventing him from moving anymore. “What’s going on?”

“You’re being held by the palace guards. You’ve been unconscious for almost four days… What’s the last thing you remember?”

“I attacked Sungmin” he shrugged as he sat up against the wall with Leeteuk’s help, resting his arms in his lap. “And pain…a lot of it. In my head and down my back like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife... I’ve never felt anything like it”

“That was Jiyong… He saved Sungmin and put you in a coma like state. I didn’t think you were going to wake up.. nobody did..” Leeteuk ran his eyes over Kyuhyun's weakened and vulnerable state, his hand soon coming up to gently caress the demons cheek. “It wasn’t your fault. Sungmin set you up so he could prove a point to everyone. The blood you smelt was indeed his. He intentionally cut his arm and used his power to make it so you couldn’t resist the scent. My uncle knows that now but… He still believes you are a risk to everyone.”
"I figured as much. I wish i'd have killed him, at least all of this would be justified" Kyuhyun sighed and pulled his knees to his chest, resting his arms on them even though the chains pulled tight against his wrists.

"Please don't say that. I know the two of you don't exactly get along but he is still my family..."

"I'm sorry.. But I was doing well. I was keeping myself under control and then he showed up and made me look like I intended to hurt someone."

"I'll fix it, I promise. Just don't give up, I'm taking you home even if it means losing what's left of my family. I love you, Kyuhyun. And I won't let them hurt you."

Kyuhyun smiled at Leeteuk's words and reached out to take his hand.

"I love you too."

“Let me finish cleaning the cut on your head. I know you heal faster than the rest of us but i’m sure even you can’t make blood disappear.”
“I doubt I can heal very fast at the moment. I can still feel Sungmin’s blood in my system but given that I haven’t fed in four days my healing ability, along with everything else, is probably pretty useless.”

“All the more reason for me to get you cleaned up. I’ll get you some clean clothes too, and then when I get you home you can take a shower and I promise you’ll feel a lot better” Leeteuk smiled and kissed Kyuhyun’s hand tenderly before picking up the cloth and continuing to clean up the blood from the prince’s head.

 

Kangin looked on from down the hall as he watched Leeteuk’s interaction with Kyuhyun. He had never seen a demon and angel so close before, it both fascinated and worried him at the same time. He glanced down at the palaces crest on the handle of his sword and looked back towards Leeteuk before letting out a sigh “I’m sorry, Leeteuk…” he whispered to himself before leaving the prison quietly.

 

*****

 

In the dark realm Heechul was sitting in the kitchen with his feet up on the table as he watched Hangeng prepare a quick meal for the two of them. The king was in his meeting room with Junsu, discussing things that Heechul didn’t really care about, so he decided to spend the day with Hangeng instead.
“Hey, Hannie, when was the last time you heard from Kyuhyun?” he asked, running his eyes over his phone before putting it down on the table “He isn’t answering his phone and he hasn’t replied to any of my messages for a few days now.”
“I only really speak with him over the phone when he needs something. I think the last time I spoke to him was before he left here the other day” Hangeng replied, never taking his eyes off the soup he was making “Don’t worry, you know what Kyuhyun is like, he has probably just been spending a lot of time with Leeteuk.”
“Yeah.. It’s just unusual for me not to hear from him in so long, that’s all. You know I worry about him..”
“I know. And you have every right to. But if he’s with Leeteuk I know he’s alright. You don’t know Leeteuk like I do. Trust me when I say the best place for him to be is by Leeteuk’s side.” Hangeng smiled, but his smile did nothing to settle Heechul’s worries.

 

*****

 

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun sat talking for a little while until all of the blood was cleaned from around the dark prince’s head and mouth. Kyuhyun smiled when Leeteuk leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his head before frowning when he heard a voice down the hallway.
“Teukie.. I can hear…” he paused, sighing when a familiar figure came into view. “You might want to turn around” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow before shifting a little to turn his head, frowning when he laid eyes on his uncle standing just feet from the cell Kyuhyun was being held in, with Kangin by his side.
“I’m sorry, Leeteuk. I have my orders, my loyalty is to the Emperor” Kangin spoke softly before the Emperor held up his hand, silently dismissing him. Before Kangin could turn and walk away Kyuhyun bared his fangs and hissed at the guard, stopping him in his tracks.
“I should kill you the minute I get free” he growled and Leeteuk smacked him lightly on the head.
“Kyuhyun stop, you know you get grumpy when you’re hungry. He was only doing his job…”
Leeteuk looked at Kangin apologetically before he walked away.

 

“I’m disappointed in you, Leeteuk. Not only did you disobey me but you made one of my most loyal and trusted guards disobey my orders too.”
“I didn’t make him do anything. You know what Kyuhyun did wasn’t his fault yet you still keep him locked up here. He needs to go home!”
“You heard him just now. First he tried to kill my only son, whether it was his fault or not. And now he threatens my guards? Give me one good reason I shouldn’t just have him executed at sundown?”
“Because then you lose me forever. As well as restarting the war you’ve been fighting so hard to avoid. How do you think his father would react to find out his youngest son was killed by you? His mother was killed in cold blood right in front of him when he was young. If you do this then you’re no better than the demon that killed her.”
“Leeteuk, stop it.. Please, just stop.” Kyuhyun mumbled as he clamped his hands over his ears at the menton of his mother in that way, no matter how much time passed the thought of the day he lost his mother still stayed present in his head.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that” Leeteuk frowned before squeezing Kyuhyun’s hand tightly.

The Emperor narrowed his eyes a little when he saw Kyuhyun’s reaction to Leeteuk’s words before his face softened a little and he sighed.
“I think we all need to calm down before we speak. Nobody is being executed. I had just finished speaking with Yunho and Changmin when Kangin came and told me you were down here. Leeteuk, I need to speak to you alone for a moment. Please excuse us, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged and the Emperor walked down the corridor and towards the main prison door. He stepped outside into the sunlight with Yunho and Changmin by his side, as always. Leeteuk sighed.
“You should go. It sounds important. Don’t worry, it’s not like i’m going anywhere” Kyuhyun smiled softly before leaning forward and kissing Leeteuk’s lips briefly.
“I’ll be back soon. I promise. And hopefully then I can take you home.”
Leeteuk left Kyuhyun’s cell and walked up to the prison entrance to join his uncle, silently passing Kangin in the process as he moved to stand guard by Kyuhyun’s cell.

 

When Leeteuk stepped outside he sat down on the wall opposite the prison doors and looked up towards his uncle. Yunho and Changmin stayed close beside the Emperor as he sat down on the wall.
“I know you must hate me at the moment, this visit hasn’t gone the way I had hoped. As much as I know Kyuhyun isn’t to blame for everything that has happened since his arrival there has been something willing me to keep him here. I just haven’t been able to figure out what it was… until I spoke to Yunho and Changmin earlier” The Emperor looked towards Changmin, who nodded his head once before he spoke.

“Leeteuk, do you remember the day we saw you again at the palace? The day that Yunho said that there was something different about you?” Changmin asked and Leeteuk nodded. “Well when I touched my hand to your chest I read you. I found out about your relationship with the demon…”
“His name is Kyuhyun! Seriously you all need to learn to stop calling him ‘the demon’ it’s pathetic”
“My apologies, Leeteuk. When I found out about your relationship with Kyuhyun I also found something familiar about him. And after speaking with Yunho about the change he sensed in you we spoke with your uncle”
“I think we’ve all met Kyuhyun before, but it was a time we knew him by another name” The Emperor said softly, reaching out to take Leeteuk’s hand before running his fingers over the scar on his wrist.

"When your mother was alive she had a very close friend, SoonKyu. When you were small she left to live in the human realm for a while. Your mother and I kept an eye on her but she soon settled in so we continued on as we always did. She went quiet for around a year before she returned to us, pregnant.  She said she had met someone and that they had planned to marry but he left when he found out about the child. She never said anything more about it, we never found out who this man was. She stayed with us until the child was born. A little boy who she named Marcus” the Emperor paused and Leeteuk looked at his uncle, confusion obvious on his face.
“I remember a boy named Marcus…”
“I know. When Marcus was born we could tell he was different, his eyes were an odd colour and very pale and he had sharp teeth, he was very weak so nobody expected him to survive. But he did and as he grew up the two of you became friends. When he was five SoonKyu and Marcus moved to the human realm, it broke your mother's heart because of how close you and Marcus had become.. sadly four months later SoonKyu was killed and Marcus disappeared… You said his mother died when he was young.. That combined with his eyes, his kindhearted nature and the close relationship the two of you share... I need to know more. I think Kyuhyun might be the child who disappeared almost fourteen years ago, and if i’m right he is even more special than even he knows"

"I don't understand though, Kyuhyun is the prince of the dark realm, not only by name but by blood. Why would his mother get involved with someone so dangerous as King Kim?"

"Kyuhyun's father has the ability to make himself appear human. I do not understand why she did it or if there is something more we don't know about but there's nothing we can do to change what he is if Kyuhyun really is SoonKyu's son. Leeteuk, I need to speak to Kyuhyun about this but it will probably bring back a lot of painful memories for him. If he tells me the truth I will free him and he will be allowed to return to the palace with us. Then you can both go home.” Leeteuk nodded as he stared at the floor trying to process everything he had just been told. If what his uncle had said was true then it could change everything. But more importantly, if taken wrong it could destroy Kyuhyun.
“Let me speak to him first. I need to know he will be able to handle it. His mother's death affected him badly and despite the tough and aggressive front he puts up, he’s fragile, vulnerable.”

 

Leeteuk got up without another word and walked back into the prison to Kyuhyun’s cell. He walked inside and sat down on the edge of the bed. Kyuhyun looked up to see Leeteuk’s face before he frowned at the obvious change in the older man's features.
“What’s wrong?”
“My uncle needs to talk to you. It’s important so I need you to be honest with him, okay? After this is over I promise we can go home” Kyuhyun nodded skeptically, reaching out as far as he could to rest his hand on Leeteuk’s knee.
“Okay. I’ve been locked up in here for four days after feeling like my spine was being ripped out of me. I’m sure I can handle whatever your uncle needs to speak to me about” he smiled.  

 

When The Emperor finally returned he stepped inside of Kyuhyun’s cell and crossed his arms over his chest as Changmin and Yunho stood on either side of him.
“I understand that speaking of your mother is a sensitive subject for you but there is something we need to know. What is your full name?" The Emperor asked as Kyuhyun glanced at Leeteuk before speaking.

"Kim Kyuhyun. My father is King Kim of Abaddon"

"What is the name your mother gave you?” he paused, his features softening a little when he noticed Kyuhyun tense “Can you tell me what you remember of her."

"I.." Kyuhyun sighed as memories of his mother came into his head. He shook his head as tears began to prick at the corner of his eyes, taking small comfort when Leeteuk squeezed his hand. "It's okay. I'm here."

"My mother named me Marcus. She died when I was five.." He paused and looked up to the emperor “Why are you asking about my mother?” Both Leeteuk and the Emperor looked at each other in somewhat disbelief before the Emperor handed Changmin a key and nodded towards Kyuhyun. Changmin moved closer to Kyuhyun and gave him a small smile as he extended his hand to unlock each of the chains around the demons wrists, freeing him.
“I will explain everything to you Kyuhyun, you have my word. But first come back to the palace, take a shower and we’ll find you something to eat. What I have to tell you will take a lot of time to process but it will change everything. And don’t worry, i’ll make sure Sungmin stays away.”

Leeteuk helped Kyuhyun up and hugged him tightly, finally happy that he could hold the man he loved in his arms again. Kyuhyun’s grip was weak as he returned the hug, making Leeteuk’s heart ache a little.
“Come on, you’re starting to smell” Leeteuk spoke softly with a smile and pressed a kiss to Kyuhyun’s cheek. Kyuhyun laughed off playful insult and wrapped his arm around Leeteuk’s shoulders, his body feeling weak with hunger.
“I need to feed…” he whispered quietly against Leeteuk’s neck, hoping the others wouldn’t hear, and Leeteuk nodded as he glanced back at his uncle who was stood speaking with Kangin.
“I know. Just wait until we get back to my room”

 

A little ways down the hallway Changmin stood watching Leeteuk and Kyuhyun’s interaction, his feelings for the demon boy were a little more secure now after speaking with the Emperor but a part of him remained on edge and alert. When the two disappeared from the prison Changmin turned back to the Emperor.
“Sire they’re on their way back to the palace. Do you want me to accompany them and make sure that Sungmin is kept away?”
“No, it’s alright Changmin. I trust my son to know better than to approach Kyuhyun from now on” Emperor Lee smiled before finishing what he had been saying to Kangin. “Kangin I do not hold you responsible for my nephew being in here. But if there is a next time I hope you will do the right thing and refuse to let him in.”
“You have my word sire. I’m sorry” Kangin said softly as he raised his arm to cross over his heart and knelt down on one knee before getting back to his feet. Emperor Lee smiled and with a nod of his head he, Changmin and Yunho made their way back to the palace.

 

**

 

Leeteuk grabbed some clean clothes from his closet and set them down on the bed beside Kyuhyun where the younger man had fallen asleep almost as soon as he touched the bed. A combination of Jiyong’s magic and lack of blood had taken the majority of his energy, leaving him exhausted. Leeteuk smiled as he crouched down beside the bed, brushing Kyuhyun’s hair back and pressing a kiss to his forehead before whispering softly.
“Kyuhyun-ah. Wake up sleepy head. The water is nice and hot for you” Kyuhyun groaned in protest and opened his eyes a little before shaking his head. “Come on, we need to get you out of those dirty clothes”
“Now you’re just trying to get me ” The younger of the two mumbled and let out a yawn, earning a chuckle from Leeteuk.
“You’re right I am. Because you smell. Now get up”
“One condition. Take a shower with me” Kyuhyun smiled and Leeteuk sighed in defeat before pulling Kyuhyun to stand up.
“If that’s what it’s going to take to get you in the shower, fine. But no funny business, okay?”
Kyuhyun nodded with a smile and kissed Leeteuk’s cheek before walking into the bathroom adjoining Leeteuk’s bedroom.

 

The bathroom was large and spacious with a bathtub in one corner of the room and a large walk in shower in another. The countertop where the sink was held was long and wide, leaving enough free space for towels and skincare products as well as any other essential items. The toilet was opposite the sink behind a half height wall, giving added privacy in the already private bathroom. Kyuhyun looked around the room as Leeteuk walked in behind him, setting their clean clothes down on the side of the sink.
“This bathroom is amazing. Why did you move to the human realm when you have such an amazing place to live right here?” Kyuhyun asked while he fumbled with the buttons on his jeans before choosing to ignore them for a moment to take off his top. Leeteuk watched the younger with a chuckle before following suit.

“You know what it’s like to live in a palace. It’s busy, crowded, noisy… I like the quiet I get in the human realm. I like being normal..” he paused and gave a shrug, taking off his jeans before pausing “Well as normal as we can be anyway.” Kyuhyun nodded in understanding as he finally took off his jeans before running his eyes over Leeteuk’s figure.
“This is the first time we’ve been so around each other” he mumbled and bit his lip. He thought back to the night Leeteuk had stayed at his apartment and the feelings that sparked to life inside of him when he walked in on the angel changing. He bit his lip, suddenly feeling a mixture of insecure and worried. “Maybe this isn’t such a good idea Teukie. I don’t want to lose control around you.” Leeteuk smiled and brushed his hand over Kyuhyun’s cheek before pulling him against his chest, embracing him tightly.
“You won’t. I trust you. So what if we’re both ? It was going to happen eventually. But keep this in mind, we don’t have the privacy here like we would back home” he pulled back slightly and gave Kyuhyun a wink “Besides, it’s not the last time you’re going to see me , I promise you that.”

 

When the two of them stepped into the shower Kyuhyun let out a small sigh as the hot water ran

down his back, soothing his stiff muscles and relaxing him almost straight away.
“Teukie, do we have to go back and speak with your uncle straight away? The only thing I want to do when we’ve taken a shower is feed and sleep”
“I’ll speak to him when we’re done. I don’t think there’s much of a hurry for what he wants to talk to you about. It’s nothing that can’t wait until you’ve rested and got your strength back” Leeteuk replied with a smile and ran his hands over Kyuhyun’s shoulders and arms before taking both of the younger man's hands. “I know you’re always cautious about this but I want you to take my blood. We both know that whatever my uncle gives you will only be animal blood and it will only take the edge off your hunger. And at least, if you feed while we’re here, the water will wash away any mess you make” he chuckled. Kyuhyun frowned but nodded in the end, knowing that arguing with Leeteuk would be pointless, especially with the small amount of energy he had. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against the angels, closing his eyes instantly when he felt Leeteuk return the kiss. He raised his hands to rest on the back of Leeteuk’s neck as they kissed, feeling his heart beat faster the longer their lips were joined.

When he pulled back he bit his lip lightly and Leeteuk smiled before he brushed his hair back and tilted his head slightly, giving the younger man complete access to his neck. Kyuhyun tangled his fingers gently in Leeteuk’s hair as his fangs pierced the soft skin causing blood to flood his mouth and his eyes to fall closed. Leeteuk bit his lip as the familiar ache returned but he ignored it, letting Kyuhyun take what he needed. After a few short moments Kyuhyun’s hands ran down Leeteuk’s sides to his hips and he pushed him backwards slowly until his back hit the wall. Leeteuk let out a quiet sound resembling a moan causing a growl to leave Kyuhyun’s throat as he drank deeply, satisfying his hunger in just minutes.

“Kyuhyun… Be careful” Leeteuk whispered, his breathing beginning to slow down slightly with the more blood the younger took. Upon hearing Leeteuk’s voice Kyuhyun opened his eyes and he pulled back, swallowing one last gulp of Leeteuk’s blood before resting his head on the older man’s shoulder.
“I’m sorry. One way or another I can’t resist you. You make it so hard for me to stay in control. I crave you, in every way I possibly can and it’s driving me crazy” Kyuhyun spoke softly, ignoring the blood that still lingered on his lips and down his chin. Leeteuk smiled, raising his hand to wipe away the blood before kissing the younger briefly again.
“Don’t apologise. You make me crazy too, i’m just better at hiding it than you are. When we’re back home I promise you can crave me all you want because nobody will stop you, including me. Finish your shower, i’m going to get out, put on some clothes and then see my uncle. I should be back by the time you’re done, if not just get some sleep.”
“Okay. I’d rather just keep you in here with me but seeings as I have to behave until we’re back home I guess I should let you go” Kyuhyun pouted “Just know that whenever you stay at my apartment i’m making a new rule that you have to be ” he grinned cheekily and Leeteuk laughed before pressing a kiss to Kyuhyun’s temple.
“Now we both know that’s a terrible idea. Play your cards right and I won’t be the only one who is whenever we’re together” Leeteuk winked as he stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel to dry off with. He quickly pulled on a change of clothes before he made his way out of the bathroom, hearing faint cries of protest from Kyuhyun as he left.

 

When Kyuhyun finally finished his shower he stepped out and grabbed one of the towels from the side, drying himself off as fast as his muscles would let him. He pulled on the clothes Leeteuk had left him, inhaling the angels scent with a smile before drying his hair roughly with the towel. Although he had taken some of Leeteuk’s blood he still felt weak and tired, a side effect of Jiyong’s magic. He made his way back into the bedroom and peeked his head out of the door to look for Leeteuk but he frowned instead when he noticed Sungmin walking down the hall. For a second he thought about calling out to the angel prince but he shook his head, knowing what the consequences would be if he were to harm the other again. He let out a yawn and went back into the bedroom before crawling into bed. “This bed is so comfy” he hummed softly with a smile and pulled the covers up around himself, he fully intended to stay awake until Leeteuk returned but his eyelids grew heavy and within minutes he fell into a deep sleep. Leeteuk stepped back into the bedroom ten minutes later and smiled when he laid eyes on Kyuhyun’s now sleeping form. He closed the door quietly and climbed into bed beside the man he loved, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist and pulling him close before pressing a kiss to his forehead.
“My uncle said we can talk later. Sleep well, sweet prince. I love you” he whispered softly with a smile before he closed his eyes, letting sleep pull him in.

 

**

 

Sungmin awoke early the next morning to the sound of birds singing by his window. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before he climbed out of bed. The painful ache in his neck was slowly fading and he was starting to feel like his usual self again, much to his relief. After brushing his teeth and washing his face he pulled on his clothes and headed out of his bedroom towards the throne room in hopes of finding his father.

 

On the way down the hall he gently knocked on Leeteuk’s door, pushing the door open quietly after a few moments when he didn’t get a reply from the older. A frown replaced his nonchalant expression when his eyes landed on Leeteuk’s form on the bed, wrapped up in the blankets with his head on Kyuhyun’s chest as they both slept soundly. Sungmin closed the door again and made his way to the throne room, politely greeting the palaces employees as well as the other various guests he passed as he passed the kitchen, dining hall and the ballroom before finally reaching the throne room. He stood at the doors when he noticed his father was in the middle of a conversation with Yunho, Changmin and two other guards, the same two guards who had helped to pull Kyuhyun away just days before.
“Good Morning Sungmin. Did you sleep well?” The Emperor asked, much to Sungmin’s confusion, but he nodded none the less.
“I did.. Father, may I speak with you when you’ve finished with your meeting?”

“Of course. Come and join us, we were just discussing security around the palace. What’s on your mind?” Emperor Lee asked as he silently dismissed the palace guards, Yunho and Changmin took their seats at the side of the room and Sungmin sighed.
“I looked in on Leeteuk just now. He was all cuddled up to that boyfriend of his… Why is he still here? I know what happened the other day wasn’t exactly his fault..” he paused, rubbing his neck gently, suddenly looking guilty. “He still could have killed me. What’s to say he won’t do it again?”
“Because he’s been given strict orders to stay away from you, and the order is the same for you. You may be my son but the last thing any of us needs is a reason for King Kim to declare war on our realm because we killed his youngest son. There are things I need to discuss with him and then he and Leeteuk will return to the human realm.”
“What kind of things?” Sungmin asked curiously, his interest suddenly peaked at what his father could possibly need to discuss with the dark prince.
“I’ll tell you, in time. But first I need to discuss it with both Kyuhyun and Leeteuk. What I have to tell them is important will change Kyuhyun’s life forever. I cannot allow him to find out through whispers and lies.”
“Okay, father” Sungmin spoke softly as he studied his father’s face. He was serious without a hint of doubt in his features. The Emperor knew something important about the prince of the dark realm and Sungmin was dying to know what it was.

 

**

 

When Kyuhyun finally opened his eyes he saw Leeteuk sitting on the bed next to him. The room was still rather dark thanks to the blinds and the curtains hung over the windows and glass doors. He rubbed his eyes before opening them again and looking around the room.
“What time is it?” he asked when he failed to find a clock in the whole of the large room. Leeteuk turned his head and smiled before he leaned down to press a kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips.
“Almost noon. I’ve been awake for a few hours now but I didn’t want to wake you. You needed your rest. How are you feeling?” Leeteuk asked with a small smile as Kyuhyun sat up and stretched.
“Better than i’ve felt since we left the human realm. Honestly though I just can’t wait to get home now”
“I can’t say I blame you but remember we need to speak with my uncle first. Sungmin has been given orders from his father to stay away from you so you shouldn’t see him anytime between now and when we leave.” Kyuhyun gave a small nod and ran his fingers through his hair before reaching out to run his fingers down Leeteuk’s arm and taking his hand.
“Lets go then. Get this over with so we can go home.” Leeteuk smiled with a nod before getting off the bed and pulling Kyuhyun with him. He looked at the younger’s appearance, letting a small chuckle at his bed hair and the pajamas he was wearing, before walking with him towards the door.
“You look adorable right now. If anybody sees you as a threat at the moment then there’s definitely something wrong” Leeteuk chucked, earning a scowl from Kyuhyun as he looked at Leeteuk who was also wearing pajamas but he looked more awake and his hair had already been combed.
“Cut me some slack, I haven’t even been awake for ten minutes. And i’m not adorable. Don’t ever call me that” Kyuhyun growled as if to seem threatening to the angel, but Leeteuk just laughed and kissed the younger’s head with a smile as they walked. After speaking with his uncle the previous night Leeteuk agreed to meet with the Emperor in the outdoor courtyard in the south wing of the palace, just a short walk from his room.

 

It was still early and most of the palace staff were tending to rooms, preparing breakfast or tending to the gardens, leaving the hallways quiet and almost completely empty. When anybody laid eyes on the pair they simply looked at Kyuhyun both cautiously and confused, having never seen a demon looking so normal and non threatening before. As they made their way out into the courtyard the morning sun was already shining brightly and Kyuhyun covered his eyes with his hand before Leeteuk smiled and reached into his pocket, pulling out Kyuhyun’s sunglasses and handing them to the younger.
“Thank you, I didn’t realise it would be so bright. Is it always like that here?” Kyuhyun asked while he put the glasses on. They helped for the most part but with the time he had been awake added to how badly his eyes reacted to sunlight he still had difficulty in focusing his eyes.
“Most of the time, yeah. Why do you think everybody here is so tanned” Leeteuk chuckled and squeezed the younger’s hand as they walked over to where the Emperor was sitting beneath a large table parasol. “Good morning, uncle”
“Good morning boys. How are you feeling today Kyuhyun?” The Emperor asked with a small smile and motioned for the two to take a seat. They took a seat beneath the parasol and Kyuhyun returned the smile as he leaned close to Leeteuk to try and shield himself from the sun's rays.
“I feel a lot better now. Thank you for getting me out of that place and trusting me as much as you do. I know it can’t be easy, considering...” Kyuhyun paused and bit his lip a little, being careful not to expose his fangs.
“I’m glad to hear it. From now on i’d like to start a new. Can we pretend the last few days didn’t happen? Put what happened behind us?” The emperor questioned and Kyuhyun glanced at Leeteuk before giving a small nod. “That’s great. Thank you.”

 

Kyuhyun looked around the courtyard for a moment from their seats. In the middle of the courtyard was a large fountain which spilled water into a surrounding pond, each side of the pond ran down the middle of several pathways in the courtyard creating a breathtaking water feature, especially at night when the lights illuminated the crystal clear water. It was the garden attendants job to make sure the water stayed clear, a job made easier with the help of special equipment to filter out plant debris and any other contaminants. Each plant was grown and trimmed down to the same height to keep a constant pattern throughout. At the far end of the courtyard was a large staircase up to the second floor of the palace leading to the throne room, with two sets of stairs meeting at the door in the middle.

“It’s amazing” Kyuhyun spoke softly before turning attention back to Leeteuk and the Emperor with a small smile. “We don’t have courtyards like this back home..” he paused, unsure whether he could mention the demon realm in such a place, but the Emperor gave a nod of his head followed by a smile, urging the prince to continue “The courtyards at my father's palace have mostly been left to overgrow or just die” he shrugged, although thankful that the Emperor let him finish.
“Don’t be scared to talk about your home, Kyuhyun. I understand most of this must be new to you. Which brings me to the reason you’re here..” Leeteuk visibly tensed beside Kyuhyun, something that was made even clearer when his grip on the younger’s hand tightened slightly.

“I’m not quite sure I want to know what it is considering how much Leeteuk just tensed when you mentioned that”
“Kyuhyun… Don’t worry. It’s going to be a lot to take in and process, don’t interrupt, just listen. Some of it you won’t want to hear but you have to listen, okay? I’m right here beside you, I promise” Leeteuk said softly as he gave Kyuhyun’s hand a squeeze before holding it tightly on his lap. Kyuhyun nodded anxiously and the Emperor began.

 

“I knew your mother when she was alive. And so did Leeteuk. I had suspicions about you when I first met you but it wasn’t until yesterday that those suspicions were confirmed, and after speaking with my security council, and other members of my staff, I now know it to be true” The Emperor paused briefly upon seeing the confusion already on Kyuhyun’s face and he gave the younger a soft but reassuring smile before continuing.
“Your mother named you Marcus. Until you were five you were named Marcus Cho. And your mother was SoonKyu. When she died you met your father for the first time, correct?” Kyuhyun nodded silently “Your mother lived here with us in the light realm until you were born, you were a very weak baby and nobody expected you to survive, but your mother never gave up on you. The two of you remained here for five years. The scar on Leeteuk’s wrist is from when the two of you would play together, you didn’t know why your teeth were different at the time and you bit him one day. Even though he was the one bleeding, you were the one who cried. I remember that day fondly. The two of you were almost inseparable.” The emperor paused for a moment and smiled at both Leeteuk and Kyuhyun who glanced at each other and couldn’t help but share the same smile at the news.

“After your fifth birthday your mother took you to live in the human realm, she wanted to give you as much of a normal life as she possible could. Sadly four months after the two of you left she was killed and you disappeared. Nobody knew where you had gone, everyone presumed you were dead. We searched everywhere for you but no trace of you was ever found. Until now”
“The day my mother died, that was the day my father’s guards found me in the park.. Apparently they had been searching for me for some time” Kyuhyun mumbled quietly, the confusion on his face matched with the tears pricking at the corners of his eyes proved to the Emperor that all of his suspicions were indeed correct. “I don’t understand though, my mother was human so why was she here?”

“Since your mother died you have been raised on a lie. But i’m not sure your father knows the full extent of what your mother was. She wasn’t human, Kyuhyun. Your mother was one of us, an angel of the light realm, just like Leeteuk.” Kyuhyun raised his head and wiped the tears from his eyes as he tried to process the new information.
“How do you know all of this from meeting me just this once? If all of this is true then why didn’t my mother tell me what she really was?”
“Think about it, Kyuhyun. You were five years old when she died and you were only just discovering why you were different from the other children. If your mother had told you that she wasn’t human but was actually an angel, would you have believed her?”
“I guess not. If you know all of this do you know who killed her?” Kyuhyun asked with a glimmer of hope in his eyes that he could finally find out who was responsible for his mother's death, but the Emperor just shook his head.
“Unfortunately not. At least not yet anyway. I have my security council working on it though”
“Why are you trying to help me? You didn’t need to tell me any of this”
“Kyuhyun, you have a right to know all of this” Leeteuk said softly as he brushed his hand over the back of younger’s hand.

“My mother died fourteen years ago and not much about my life has made sense since that day. My head is so messed up I need medication just to get through the days. My father never talks about my mother in any detail, and never unless I mention her first. I need to know about her. I need to know who I am” Kyuhyun sighed as he scratched the back of his neck before looking back towards the emperor. “If what you just told me is true and my mother really was an angel, what does that make me?” he asked “I’ve never heard of anybody being half angel, half demon before.”

 

The emperor paused in thought as he studied Kyuhyun’s face. He thought back to past stories, myths and rumours he had known throughout his life, which spoke of a hybrid race of beings more powerful than any one person from the demon realm or the light realm. He glanced at Leeteuk and then looked back towards Kyuhyun before speaking softly.

“Have you ever heard of the race known as the Nephilim?” Emperor Lee asked prompting looks of confusion from both Leeteuk and Kyuhyun, but for different reasons.
“I’ve heard that name before but nothing more has really been said about them” Kyuhyun mumbled, giving an almost bored shrug before he looked back and forth between the Emperor and Leeteuk. “Why? Should I know about them?”
“They are an endangered race of hybrids known for their power and ability to cross over between realms…” Leeteuk said quietly as if he were processing what his uncle had just said. He glanced at Kyuhyun and held his hand tightly before looking back towards his uncle.
“They are the offspring of angels and demons. It is said that the Nephilim can cross over between the demon realm and the light realm without issue or alarm. We thought you were able to enter this realm due to the human blood in your veins but now... Kyuhyun, I believe you are Nephilim. And if I am right you have the power to change everything.”

 


 

 

A/N: Just in case anybody knows the stories of The Nephilim and decide to bring it up, the way in which I have used it doesn’t stick to the way it is mentioned in religious books. Typically The Nephilim are the offspring of angels and humans, or close enough. I’ve taken inspiration more from the Devil May Cry culture where The Nephilim are demon-angel hybrids, an extremely rare race that possess both demon and angel abilities and can travel between worlds. :)