First date

Sovereignty

“Try this” Heechul grumbled as he threw another outfit out of his closet. Kyuhyun was starting to regret telling Heechul about his date, he sighed as he flopped down on the chair in the corner of the room.
“Why can’t I just wear my own clothes?” he whined as he eyed the steady growing pile of clothes on Heechul’s bed.
“Because your clothes , no offense”
“But your clothes are… weird. They don’t suit me and you know it”

“Kyuhyun-ah go back to your bedroom, I left something for you on your bed” Hangeng grinned as he walked into the room with a cup of coffee in his hands. Kyuhyun shot him a confused look before nodding and running out of the room and back into his.
“What did you do?” Heechul asked as he sat on the floor with a huff, noticing most of his clothes were now on the bed.
“Found something in his closet that you failed to notice” Hangeng laughed as he sat on the bed. Minutes later Kyuhyun re-entered the room.
“This is perfect Hangeng, thank you!” he grinned. Heechul raised an eyebrow as he poked his head around the bed. Kyuhyun was wearing black jeans and black shoes with a white shirt finished off with a black waistcoat. He fiddled with his glasses before checking himself over in the mirror and messing his hair up with his fingers.
“Well you look better than normal” Heechul laughed, receiving a glare from Kyuhyun.
“Okay guys thank you, but I have to go or ill be late. I’ll call you tomorrow” he smiled as he hugged Heechul tightly before heading back for the portal.

***

“Are you sure about all of this? He doesn’t seem very stable… what if he hurts you?”
“Shindong relax” Leeteuk smiled as he tied his shoes, his phone was set on the side with Shindong on speakerphone, giving him the chance to get ready. “It’s a date; if he was going to hurt me he’d have done it already. Im giving him a chance, you should too”
Just be cautious, please. Where are you meeting him?”
“Outside his apartment block, he lives a little closer to town than I do so it’s easier than backtracking”
“Makes sense. What are you wearing? Please don’t tell me you’re wearing a fully tailored suit”
“Aish” Leeteuk sighed as Shindong laughed “Im not wearing a suit! If you must know im wearing white jeans and a T-shirt, my black blazer with a gray hoodie underneath. Happy?”
“You’re wearing a gray hoodie under a blazer? Why…. I thought you were the one with style”
“Yah! Don’t be rude. Its Kyuhyun’s…He walked me home from work yesterday, I got cold so he gave me his jacket, this way I’ll remember to give it back to him”
“He is certainly… difficult to figure out”
“That he is” Leeteuk chuckled as he pulled on Kyuhyun’s hoodie, smiling when he caught the demon boys scent. “Shindong I have to go, have fun at work, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Don’t I always?” Shindong laughed “Have fun on your date and be careful”
“I will don’t worry!” He smiled before hanging up the phone and slipping it into his pocket; he pulled on his blazer before grabbing his keys and heading out of his apartment.

The snow had all but stopped; a few flakes were still falling, adding to the chill in the air. Leeteuk shivered as he stepped outside, zipping Kyuhyun’s jacket up and pulling up its hood to keep him warm as he set off in the direction of Kyuhyun’s apartment.

“You know, you really should pay more attention to what’s around you” someone laughed as Leeteuk passed the gardens beside his apartment complex. He turned around, a confused look spread across his face when he saw Kyuhyun sitting on one of the benches.
“What are you doing here?”
“Trying to get a sun tan, what else” Kyuhyun smirked as he stood up and walked over to leeteuk “We have a date, or did you forget?”
“I didn’t forget… I thought we were meeting at your apartment”
“We were… but I got home early so I thought I would come and pick you up… so to speak” Kyuhyun grinned as he laced his fingers with Leeteuk’s. “You look great by the way, even with my jacket on”
“Thanks” Leeteuk smiled “You can have it back if you like, I just…”
“No its fine, keep it, at least for now anyway. I don’t want you freezing to death…. I suddenly feel overdressed though”

The two of them walked hand in hand further into town, Kyuhyun leading slightly as Leeteuk stared down at their interlinked fingers.
“So how did things go with your brother?” Leeteuk asked as he tugged Kyuhyun back a little too slow him down.
“Sorry” Kyuhyun grinned “It went better than I thought it would… I told him about you, well I told him I had a date… the rest just kind of spilled out”
“What did he say?”
“He was a little concerned at first, for the both of us I think”
“The both of us? Why would he be concerned for me?” Leeteuk asked, Kyuhyun sighed.
“He knows what im like… hes cautious with me, and people im around. He’s the only person who can let’s say… control me, when I get bad. But he also protects me from things or people that could hurt me”
“He seems very… protective of you”
“He is” Kyuhyun smiled “Im his little brother, his only brother. We had different mothers, but we share the same father, it makes the bond we have stronger, nothing has ever come between us”
“I’ll keep that in mind” leeteuk laughed as Kyuhyun tightened his hold on the angels hand. “Where are we going anyway?” He asked as they approached a street filled with clubs bars and restaurants.
 Kyuhyun stopped suddenly, grinning when Leeteuk walked into him from the side.
“Here” he smiled. Leeteuk shot Kyuhyun a confused look before he ran his eyes over the large bar in front of him. “Come on, we have a table” Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled Leeteuk with him through the doors.

“I come here quite often; it’s the only place I don’t get questioned for not eating anything. They know my… dietary needs” Kyuhyun laughed as he and Leeteuk sat in a booth in the darker part of the bar. The lights were turned down low and candles were lit and placed down the centre of the tables, the flames flickering slightly in the air.
“Is that because if your demon form?” Leeteuk asked in-between sips of his drink, Kyuhyun shook his head.
“Im not a full demon, but my demon side is the strongest. We don’t know why but it’s physically impossible for me to consume normal food… My mother was human…it may have something to do with that”
“Was? Is she…” Leeteuk paused, biting his lip when he noticed the look in Kyuhyun’s eyes.
“She was killed when I was a child… Everything went downhill from there really” he sighed. Leeteuk frowned as he took Kyuhyun’s hand, squeezing it tightly.
“Im sorry, I know how hard it is but I can’t imagine how hard it would have been on you at that age”
“I tried to kill myself when I was 9 years old if that gives you any indication” Kyuhyun laughed hollowly. “You know how hard it is?” Leeteuk nodded.
“I lost my mother five years ago… she got sick and couldn’t fight it.”
“What about your father?”
“I never knew him, he left when I was small” Leeteuk laughed “He had an affair with a vampire, that’s what my mother told me. He could be dead now, but I don’t really care, he was never a part of my life”
“Is Emperor Lee your mother’s brother? Or your fathers?”
“My mothers, before she died she made him promise to take care of me. He doesn’t treat me much differently than he does Sungmin, I just don’t have Sungmin’s responsibility.
“Sungmin... Prince Sungmin. You’re cousin is the prince” Kyuhyun nodded to himself as Leeteuk sat and watched him, a small smile on his face.
“It’s cute when you do that”
“Do what?” Kyuhyun asked as he chewed on the straw in his glass.
“Talk to yourself, well its more of a mumble… its cute”
“Don’t say im cute… I don’t…. that word doesn’t pair with me, im not cute”  
“Then stop acting cute” Leeteuk laughed as Kyuhyun pouted involuntarily.
“Im not being cute!” Kyuhyun growled, showing his fangs as he tried to re-enforce his own denial “Are you ready to order yet?”
“I’ll go order my food, you just sit there and be cute” Leeteuk smirked. Kyuhyun scowled at the angel as he got up from the table and made his way to the bar.
“Im not cute” he grumbled as he folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his seat. He felt a sudden feeling of uncertainty as he ran his eyes across the room, passing several demons, vampires and humans in the process. “Maybe im imagining things” he shrugged, keeping an eye on Leeteuk until he returned. 

***

The sun shone hazily over the palace of Abaddon as the day was coming to an end and the sun began to set. The guard beside the portal to the human realm lay against the wall, unconscious as four unidentified males gathered inside the warehouse
“What is the plan Eli?” a voice asked from within the shadows. The larger of the two vampires in attendance, Eli, stepped forward, bowing his head as he spoke.
“We separate them”
“And?”
“We do not harm the prince, but the angel is ours” he continued.
“We are free to do with him as we wish… and then we kill him” The smaller vampire smirked as he stepped forward into the fading light.

The tall blond demon stepped out of the shadows and closer to the vampires, his hand darting out as he grabbed Eli by the throat, lifting him off the floor with ease.
“Do not fail me again! Or it will be your life I take, so slowly you will wish you had fulfilled your task. And Kevin, kill the angel slowly, I want Kyuhyun to hear him scream” he growled as he sank his sharp black nails into the flesh of Eli’s neck.
“Yes master, we will not fail you” the smaller of the two, Kevin, bowed.
“Maybe… if you fail, you can be my new play toy” the fourth male, the older demon, hummed as he crept up on the blond from behind, winding his arms around the blond’s waist as he peered around his shoulder. “I need a new toy” he smiled angelically.
“Baby ill get you a new toy, I promise, you don’t want a useless vampire that can’t even do as he is told. I’ll find you a human… or maybe…” 
“What are you thinking?” the older asked as he kissed the blonds shoulder.
“Change of plan” He smirked as he released Eli, flexing his fingers as he raised them to his mouth, off the blood. “Separate them, do with the angel what you wish but do not kill him!”
“You mean… I get to play with him?” the older demon asked, a deep growl of excitement in his voice as his hands left the blonds waist and trailed down his sides to his hips.
“Yes baby. The angel is your new toy” the blond smiled as he turned and captured his lover’s lips before the older demon was gone, replaced by a large wolf.
“Go!” the blond hissed as Kevin and Eli bowed their heads.  
“Do not disappoint me!”

***

“You eat like a pig” Kyuhyun grinned as Leeteuk finished the last of his desert.
“I do not” Leeteuk sulked before he his lips and set his spoon down before picking up his glass and taking a drink. The bar was mostly quiet now, with only a few small groups of people here and there and a couple of people sitting at the bar. Kyuhyun leaned against Leeteuk and smiled as he nudged the angels shoulder.
“Thank you for giving me a chance, most people don’t”
“Well im not most people” Leeteuk smiled before Kyuhyun leaned forward and captured his lips softly. Leeteuk responded to the kiss, his hand resting on Kyuhyun’s thigh as Kyuhyun’s tongue explored his mouth.
“Your lips are cold” Kyuhyun giggled before he pulled away, biting Leeteuk’s lip softly in the process.
“Ice cream does that” Leeteuk smiled as he rested his forehead against Kyuhyun’s “I really do love the colour of your eyes”
“Thank you” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Excuse me” A voice came from beside them and Kyuhyun turned his head, raising an eyebrow at the waitress standing with two small glasses in her hands “These are for the two of you. I was told to bring them over”
“By who?” Leeteuk asked.
“Two guys at the bar… they just left. They said you looked cute together and to enjoy the rest of your night” she smiled as she set the small glasses of soju down on the table before returning to work.
“Im always up for a free drink” Kyuhyun smirked.
“Do guys buy you drinks often?” Leeteuk asked, raising an eyebrow as Kyuhyun handed him one of the glasses.
“Nope, never, if anything im usually getting drinks taken off me”
“That’s not a good sign” Leeteuk laughed, winking at Kyuhyun before raising the glass to his lips and downing it in one.
“Says the angel who just drank a shot of alcohol from a stranger” Kyuhyun said judgingly before following Leeteuk’s lead, his eyes furring slightly as he ran his tongue across his lip.
“What’s wrong?” Leeteuk asked “Can’t handle your alcohol?”
“I can assure you I handle my alcohol very well… that just had no taste, whoever those were from needs to spend a little more next time.”
“Don’t complain. So where are we going next?” Leeteuk mumbled, his lips ghosting over Kyuhyun’s neck as the younger pulled out his wallet and left the money on the table.
“Well you need to stop doing that” Kyuhyun breathed, his eyes slipping closed when Leeteuk’s breath on his neck was replaced by his lips.
“What if I don’t want too?” Leeteuk smirked.
“Do I need to remind you of the other night when you thought you were dreaming?” Kyuhyun asked, gasping slightly when Leeteuk bit down on his neck. “Hey! What’s gotten into you?”
“I guess I can’t handle my alcohol like you can” Leeteuk hummed as he pulled away and slumped against the booth.
“You’ve got that right. Let’s get you home” Kyuhyun smiled.

Leeteuk nodded and slipped out of the booth after Kyuhyun, taking his hand as they both waved goodbye to the staff and left the bar.
“It’s stopped snowing” Leeteuk smiled as the two of them walked carefully through the snow. The streetlights were lit; illuminating the snow around them and making it seem lighter than it was.
“It’s a nice night, too bad its cold, and too bad you’re so giddy, otherwise I would suggest a walk through the park”
“Maybe that can be our second date” Leeteuk smiled as he cuddled up to Kyuhyun’s side in an attempt to keep warm.
“Sure, I know the perfect place” Kyuhyun smiled, wrapping an arm around Leeteuk to keep him from falling “Your very warm, are you feeling alright?”
Leeteuk shrugged as they turned down a narrow street dimly lit by only two streetlights.
“Im fine, I just feel a little lightheaded”
“This was not how I imagined our first date to be like” Kyuhyun frowned as they passed the odd person here and there before leaving the street.
“Can we stop for a second?” Leeteuk asked as he closed his eyes “I can’t… everything’s spinning.”
“Sure” Kyuhyun nodded.

Leeteuk sat down on a small wall once they had stopped. He rested his head in his hands before looking up to Kyuhyun crouched down in front of him with a small smile on his face. He looked over Kyuhyun’s shoulder to see two people approaching.
“Kyu…” he mumbled, his eyes fixed on the two.
“Is everything alright?” the smaller of the two asked. Kyuhyun nodded cautiously as he turned around, standing defensively in front of Leeteuk.
“Everything is fine” he growled, his eyes narrowing upon noticing two pairs of red eyes scanning over Leeteuk. “I know you…”
“He doesn’t look too good”
“He’s fine I can assure you” Kyuhyun glared at the larger of the two “You’re Eli…” he mumbled, his eyes flickering to the smaller vampire “And you’re Kevin”
“Maybe you should get him to the hospital, here let me help you” Kevin smiled sweetly as he appeared beside Leeteuk and looped his arm around the angel’s waist.

Leeteuk struggled, grabbing Kevin’s wrist in an attempt to free himself of the hold, with little success. Kyuhyun bared his fangs and growled before stepping forward, about to grab Kevin when Eli appeared behind him and grabbed him.
“Lighten up sire. We aren’t going to kill him” he whispered as he tightened his hold, grabbing Kyuhyun’s hair to keep him still.
“Get off me! If you dare lay a finger on him I’ll kill you both. My father will hear about this”
“What’s daddy going to do?” The Kevin smirked as he ran his nose across Leeteuk’s neck as he struggled weakly. “We do not answer to the king. Plus, he will kill the angel himself if he found out what his little prince has been keeping from him. Im a little disappointed sire, the drug we slipped you both in the bar hasn’t affected you as we were promised. Oh well no matter, there are other ways of dealing with difficult demons” he smirked.  Eli’s hold tightened on Kyuhyun’s hair as he dragged him down the darkened alley way before slamming him against a wall, breaking his glasses in two. Kyuhyun’s head collided with the concrete, knocking him out instantly.
“Kyuhyun!” Leeteuk whimpered as he saw Kyuhyun fall from Eli’s grip and to the floor, a small trickle of blood running from his head.

“Don’t worry; we’ll be gone before he wakes up. After we’ve finished with you we’ll take you to your new home.” The Kevin hummed.
“Our master is excited to meet you” Eli smirked as the two dragged Leeteuk away, leaving Kyuhyun alone and unconscious in the alley.

***

Kyuhyun awoke not long after. Pain shot through his head as he sat up slowly and looked around.
“Teukie?” he called as he picked his broken glasses up off the floor and slipped them in his pocket. He pushed himself up off the floor, using the wall as support as he stood. There was a small pool of blood staining the snow where he was laying; he raised his hand to his head, wincing when he came into contact with the deep gash above his eye.
“I knew something wasn’t right” he sighed as he made his way out of the alley. He closed his eyes and focused, hearing talking, footsteps and music in the distant before focusing more on Leeteuk. He caught the angels scent first and opened his eyes before following it to a quiet part of town, not too far from his own apartment. He stalked quietly down an alley, picking up a steel pipe as he made his way closer to Leeteuk’s scent.
Anger boiled up inside of him when he finally found what he was looking for. Leeteuk was being held against a wall as Kevin and Eli fed from him, his quiet whimpers of pain being ignored by the two.

Kyuhyun was there in an instant raising his arm and ing the steel pipe through Kevin’s back. He stopped drinking and froze, Eli’s eyes widened when his companion’s body fell to the floor to reveal Kyuhyun, baring his fangs as he stared Eli down.
“There are other ways of dealing with difficult demons” he growled, ignoring Eli completely when Leeteuk whispered his name, before collapsing into his arms.
“This isn’t over” Eli hissed, disappearing out of the alley within seconds.

“Leeteuk im here, don’t worry, they can’t hurt you now”
“Kyu… you saved me” Leeteuk smiled weakly as his eyes fluttered.
“I’ll always save you” Kyuhyun smiled as he shifted and picked Leeteuk up on his back. “Wrap your arms around my neck, Im taking you home”
Leeteuk nodded and rested his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck gently as he leaned his head against Kyuhyun’s.
“You’re bleeding” he whispered after seeing the cut on Kyuhyun’s head.
“Im fine, don’t worry, we need to get you home, I’ll worry about my head when you’re safe”
Leeteuk hummed in approval as the mixture of blood loss and the drug finally got too much for his body to handle. Kyuhyun picked up the pace as he felt Leeteuk’s arms slacken around his neck.
“Teukie? You still awake?” he asked, with no reply, he sighed.  
“”

***

Leeteuk awoke the next morning in a comfortable bed, covered with soft silk sheets, but it wasn’t his bed. His eyes opened slowly and he groaned as pain flooded his head. He was in a dark room with small amounts of light shining through thick black curtains. His jacket and Kyuhyun’s hoodie were hung on hangers over the back of the door; he looked over himself noticing he was wearing a black t-shirt and his white jeans. He pushed himself out of bed carefully and headed towards the door, his body felt heavy and his hands were shaking as he reached out and turned the handle, walking through into what looked like the lounge. The apartment was silent and dark, the further he walked through the lighter it got, until he was standing behind the sofa.
He looked down to see Kyuhyun fast asleep with a blanket pulled up to his chest, his arm hanging lazily off the end. He had dried blood down the side of his head, instantly Leeteuk remembered little things from the night before and checked his wrist and felt his neck, the two places he remembered being bitten. There was a bandage wrapped around his wrist and a smaller bandage on his neck.

“Kyuhyun-ah” He mumbled as he leaned down and brushed Kyuhyun’s hair out of his face.
Kyuhyun shifted on the sofa the blanket slid off him and onto the floor, making him whine as the cold air hit him.
“Teukie?” Kyuhyun groaned, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light. “I didn’t expect you to be awake before me, how’re you feeling?”
“Tired, my head hurts, I feel sick but im alright”
“Come and sit down” Kyuhyun smiled as he patted the seat next to him. Leeteuk shuffled around the sofa and sat down, leaning against Kyuhyun as the younger wrapped an arm around him.
“Did you do this? The bandages I mean” Leeteuk asked as he looked down at his wrist. Kyuhyun nodded, running his fingers gently across Leeteuk’s wrist.
“You passed out in the alley but you were still bleeding when we got back to my apartment. I bandaged you up without really thinking, I panicked because of your blood”
“Speaking of” Leeteuk mumbled, pushing himself up off the sofa and walking towards the bathroom where he picked up a cloth and ran it under the water, wringing it out so it was damp. “You’re bleeding” he frowned as he sat back down and ran the cloth gently over Kyuhyun’s head.
Kyuhyun winced at the pressure, his mouth curling up into a smile at the confused look on Leeteuk’s face.
“I don’t understand there’s so much blood on your head but there’s no cut, although you do have a pretty big bruise”
“I heal. The blood is from last night, I heal better when im asleep. I can’t do anything about the bruising though, or the headache that comes with it” he laughed. Leeteuk smiled as he wiped away the last bit of blood before running his fingers across the large bruise.

“Somehow your head seems worse than my wrist”
“It’s fine honestly, im just glad you’re alright. I should be the one looking after you.
“I’ll be alright. Who were they?” Leeteuk asked as he shifted, leaning back against Kyuhyun’s chest as Kyuhyun smiled and looped his arms around the angel’s waist.
“I know them from my realm. Kevin and Eli… they’re vampires. Vampires don’t follow my father’s laws. They have a specific demon as their master.”
“Who is their master?”
“I don’t know… I’ve only ever seen them together, never with anyone else. I want you to be careful when you’re out on your own at night from now on. Now Kevin is dead I don’t know what Eli will try and do.”
“I’ll finish work earlier so I can get home before dark” leeteuk smiled, his smile falling when he remembed parts of the night “I… I was scared when I saw you on the floor, I thought you were dead”
“It’ll take more than a knock to the head to kill me, don’t worry” Kyuhyun hummed as Leeteuk unwrapped the bandage around his wrist.

There were two puncture marks and a slight bruise where he had been bitten, most of the blood was on the bandage but there were still traces of blood dotted around the wound.
“That’s going to scar” he sighed. Kyuhyun grabbed Leeteuk’s wrist gently, running his thumb over the marks.
“I could heal it… but…”
“But what? How can you heal other people?” Leeteuk asked, turning in Kyuhyun’s hold to face him.
“Remember the other night… when I bit you?”
“There was no way of knowing, except for the mark you left” Leeteuk nodded.
“When I feed from people I have the choice whether I heal them or not. I can heal you so there would be no scar, but I’d have to bite you”
Leeteuk bit his lip and nodded his head gently as Kyuhyun looked at his wrist.
“You have a faint scar… did someone bite you already?”
“No that’s from when I was a child; I can’t remember how I got it” Leeteuk shrugged “it’s never bothered me”
“Are you sure you want me to heal you? It’s going to hurt a little, Im not going to lie and say it won’t” Kyuhyun asked and Leeteuk nodded.
“Im sure, Sungmin’s already been asking questions about the mark on my neck that you left when you bit me the other night. If I show up with these he’ll tell uncle and then I won’t be allowed to leave the realm” he sighed.
“That mark is for your protection, as crazy as it sounds after last night. To the human eye its invisible; to angels it’s a faint mark… to demons it almost glows red. It’s a sign that… you belong to me” Kyuhyun paused, gauging Leeteuk’s reaction before continuing. “To demons that follow our laws it tells them who they can and can’t feed from, anyone who has been marked is off limits. Vampires don’t follow the law which is why last night happened… Demons know now that you belong to me, they aren’t allowed to harm you”
“You know” Leeteuk smiled “That’s kinda sweet, in a weird way.”
“You said Sungmin keeps asking questions… does he know about me?” Kyuhyun asked and Leeteuk shook his head.
“No… He suspects something though, I will tell uncle when the time is right, the fact its me dating and not Sungmin will soften the blow… im not sure about the demon part of it though.” He laughed as he turned and leaned back against Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun smiled and kissed Leeteuk’s shoulder before speaking.
“Doesn’t he approve of Sungmin dating?”
“Not really, unless he approves of them and even then there are laws… Sungmin is the heir to the throne; we have a strict rule in my realm that swears a prince to celibacy until he finds a partner. Uncle would deny him the throne if he were to break that celibacy.”
“Wow… It sounds like it being the prince, Heechul being the prince in your realm would actually kill him” Kyuhyun laughed.
“It doesn’t bother him too much; he’s too busy doing his duties and being over protective. Why are we suddenly discussing sungmin? He can’t have , I can simple as. Now heal me please” Leeteuk grinned making Kyuhyun smirk.
“He can’t have but you can… good to know, and I like your subtlety there” He laughed “Give me your wrist…”

Turning slightly in Kyuhyun’s arms Leeteuk raised his wrist, Kyuhyun smiled as he traced his fingers over the wound before kissing it softly. Leeteuk closed his eyes as Kyuhyun bared his fangs and pierced the skin, sending a familiar jolting pain down his arm. Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered closed as Leeteuk’s blood entered his mouth, he drank a little before pulling back and running his tongue over the wound to clean up the blood.  
“It will have gone by tonight, it takes a few hours, but after that you’re free to go back home and no one will ask why you look like a demons lunch”
“Thank you.” Leeteuk nodded, keeping his eyes closed as he leaned back against Kyuhyun’s chest, giving the younger access to his neck. Kyuhyun breathed deeply and the small trace of blood from his lip before wrapping his arms around Leeteuk’s waist and pulling him impossibly close. Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun pressed feather light kisses across his neck and shoulder, gasping when Kyuhyun’s fangs found purchase in his neck. Kyuhyun paused and closed his eyes tightly as he felt a large amount of blood run down his throat, he swallowed and opened his eyes before drinking. Leeteuk relaxed and tangled his fingers in the fabric of Kyuhyun’s sweatpants, ignoring he ache he felt in his neck until the grip around his waist tightened.
“Kyuhyun-ah! You’re only supposed to be healing me be careful” he groaned. Kyuhyun bit down harder and Leeteuk’s eyes shot open as he dug his nails into Kyuhyun’s legs.
“You’re hurting me!” Leeteuk cried out and Kyuhyun froze before pulling back, his eyes glowing as Leeteuk turned to face him.
“Im sorry…” Kyuhyun mumbled as he stared off at the floor, a small amount of blood running from his bloodstained lips and down his chin.
“It’s alright” Leeteuk said quietly as he grabbed a tissue and wiped the blood from Kyuhyun’s mouth, smiling when he finally looked up.
“Its not, im supposed to protect you, not hurt you”
“You are protecting me. You protected me last night and you’re protecting me now by healing me. I knew the risks so don’t worry about it” Leeteuk smiled as he ran his thumb across Kyuhyun’s cheek.
“Your eyes... why are they glowing?” he asked and Kyuhyun closed his eyes.
“Because of your blood” Kyuhyun breathed as he opened his eyes again, the bright glow fading out until his eyes were back to normal. “I can’t lose control around you”
“How are you even a demon? Most would love to lose control around an angel but you’re protecting me”
“I guess I can thank my mother for that” Kyuhyun smiled sadly before they both heard a buzz from the table. Kyuhyun leaned over, holding Leeteuk against him as he grabbed his phone.
“Aish Heechul” he grumbled as a message flashed on screen.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Heechul
Message:  Kyuhyunnie how did your date go? I haven’t heard from you yet, I never know if that is a good sign. Its 8am here so you should be awake, why haven’t you messaged me?! Yah! Come and see me.

“What is it?” Leeteuk asked after hearing Kyuhyun sigh behind him.
“Heechul wants me to go and see him, I’d rather just stay here” he shrugged, snuggling against Leeteuk’s back.
“I have to be at work for three im afraid” Leeteuk smiled, looking at the clock on the wall that read 1pm.
“I guess I should let you go home then” Kyuhyun pouted, releasing his arms so Leeteuk could stand.
“I’ll call you later” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun stood. He was about to walk through to the bedroom when Kyuhyun grabbed his hand, pulling him into a hug.
“When can I see you again?” Kyuhyun asked as his lips ghosted Leeteuk’s ear.
“You can walk me home later if you’d like… I finish work at eight” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun pulled back and kissed him softly.
“Then I’ll see you tonight” Kyuhyun smiled.

Leeteuk said goodbye to Kyuhyun as he picked up his things and hugged Kyuhyun goodbye, before leaving for his apartment. Kyuhyun leaned against his apartment door and sighed as he raised his hand to his head. It hurt more than he had lead Leeteuk to believe, but he refused to show it.
He quickly showered, not bothering to dry his hair as he pulled on some clean clothes and headed out, grabbing his phone, sunglasses and keys on the way.

**

He arrived at the demon realm not long later. The bright rays of the sun making his headache that much worse, despite him wearing dark glasses. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Junsu walking side by side with Jaejoong, who was in his wolf form as they walked toward the palace. Junsu frowned upon seeing Kyuhyun, before smiling when the demon prince turned his head.
“Good morning sire, you don’t look so good”
“Im fine. Have you seen Heechul this morning?” Kyuhyun asked as the three walked through the gates. Jaejoong growled momentarily before taking off in a run through the palace grounds.
“Last time I checked he was in the dining hall” Junsu shrugged.
“What’s Jae growling at?
“How should I know?” the blond demon scoffed before leaving Kyuhyun’s side and following Jaejoong.
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he entered the palace before smiling as Hangeng came walking down the stairs.

“Good morning sire” he smiled with a nod of his head before his smile faded “Your head! What happened?”
“Morning Hannie, im fine stop fussing! Where’s Heechul?”
Hangeng sighed and lead Kyuhyun to the dining hall where Heechul was sitting at the end of the large table, leaning back in the chair as he rested his feet on the end. His ears twitched as the door opened and Kyuhyun entered. Kyuhyun pulled off his sunglasses, blinking a couple of times to get used to the light before approaching his brother.
“I need to talk to you”
“Morning brother, how was your date?” Heechul grinned; his head tilting to the side before he got up and stalked over to Kyuhyun, raising his hand to the younger’s head. “What the happened to you?” he growled as he pressed on the bruise, making Kyuhyun flinch and swat his hand away.
“Yes that hurts! Don’t touch it”
“Kyuhyun what happened?” Heechul asked sternly.
“Someone attacked Leeteuk and I last night”
“Leeteuk?!” Hangeng blurted out as he stepped closer to the two “You went out with Leeteuk?”
“Hangeng shut up and let him speak!” Heechul hissed before nodding for Kyuhyun to continue.
“I don’t know why they attacked us; I’ve seen them before around the realm, Kevin and Eli”
“I’ve seen them hanging around the palace recently; the guards won’t let them in because of what they are. I don’t know who they answer to.”
“Neither do I… Kevin is dead, I don’t know where Eli went, but if he finds Leeteuk…”
“Were you near his apartment when they attacked you? Did he see you go home?” Heechul asked and Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I took him to my apartment because it was closer. It doesn’t matter if Eli saw us go home, he has Leeteuk’s blood in his system and he’ll be able to track him. I can feel him right now; I know how he’s feeling and im not even in the same realm as he is!”
“You drank from him already?” Heechul asked a small smirk on his face as he raised an eyebrow.
“It isn’t the first time” Kyuhyun mumbled “But this time it was to help him! He couldn’t go back to the light realm covered in bite marks.
“Maybe you’re not as soft as people think you are” Heechul chuckled. Kyuhyun frowned before leaning back in the chair and letting out a frustrated sigh.
“This just feels like its my fault”
“It probably is” Hangeng grumbled, yelping when Heechul hit him hard over the head with his tail.
Kyuhyun smirked at Heechul’s protectiveness and reached into his pocket upon feeling his phone vibrate.  A small smile spread across his lips as he read the message that flashed up on the screen.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message: I miss you already x

~~~~

Sorry its taken me so long to get this updated guys.
I promise chapter 5 will come sooner <3