; the california kid.

❛ SOMEDAY IN SEOUL — a drabbles collection 。

MP3: Link.


Seo Rin laughed with her friends as a new kid stepped onto her school campus. But the thing is, this new kid isn't like any other new student you would normally meet. This kid hasn't been to Seoul since he was six and he came from the States so it was kind of difficult for him to adjust to his new school with new faces while wearing his new uniform.

He kept on staring at the ground as he clutched his books tighter to his chest. Nobody bothered to look at him or to even greet him and welcome him.

"Ouch? My hot chocolate spilled! Watch where you're going!" Seo Rin's friend exclaimed when he bumped into her and caused her to spill her hot chocolate all over her newly washed school uniform. He had fell to the ground when he bumped into her and he mumbled an apology and quickly gathered his books. Seo Rin's friend rolled her eyes and didn't bother to respond back to him.

"Hey, hey, hey Chan Mi. Easy here." Seo Rin calmed her friend and she knelt down and picked up the last book that the new kid was reaching for and handed it to him with a smile. "Here you go!"

He returned a smile and they both stood up.

"Yeah, well we'll see you at lunch Rin." her other friend said and Seo Rin's three friends left to their class.

"Sorry about my friend by the way." Seo Rin smiled sheepishly as she held on tight to her backpack straps and he nodded his head. Seo Rin frowned. "Do you understand much Korean? Like, do you know how to speak it fluently?"

"I only know how to speak a little." he managed to speak. Seo Rin looked at him as she puffed out her cheeks. When she puffs out her cheeks, it only means she's thinking.

"Do you understand English?" she spoke in her fluent English. Seo Rin had moved from Los Angeles when she was 10 years old and she was glad that she still knew how to speak English. Her parents signed her up for English classes at her current school so she wouldn't forget how to speak the language too.

The new kid looked up with a smile and nodded his head.

"That's good then! I'm Jung Seo Rin, you can call me Rinnie though. Nice to meet you!" she spoke again in English.

"I'm Lee Byunghun, my friends back in Oregon and California calls me L.Joe though." he replied.

"You moved from Oregon and California? I moved from Los Angeles!" she beamed proudly and they started walking down the hallway together.

"Really? That's awesome. Hey, my parents brought me to this plaza the other day..." L.Joe stopped walking and he faced Seo Rin. He chuckled before continuing where he had left off. "It's filled with these cute shops and these restaurants too! Um... Want to hang out there after school today? You know, if you're not busy." he asked as he rubbed the back of his neck with a hopeful smile and Seo Rin's face turned pink.

"Sure!" she replied as both of them smiled brightly at each other and thus was born a new relationship.


Word Count: 538.
/facepalms/ I wrote about me and L.Joe again, LOL. Oh whaaaale. Not that I'm complaining so /le shrugs/
Anywho, after filling out an application for this apply fic and writing this for my character's past, I got inspired to write this drabble so yehey!