Chapter 21

If Only

 

“Taeyeon-unnie!” Seohyun said as she walked into the cafe. “Seororo! It’s been so long since we’ve met! You, Yoona and Yuri must be really busy with the boutique huh!” Taeyeon said as she hugged her favourite kid. “Aww I’m actually hugging two now, hello baby inside Seororo’s tummy! Are you Keroro?” Taeyeon said childishly. “Unnie! You’re so childish, I’m sure my baby will enjoy playing with you in the future.” Seohyun exclaimed.

“Of course! Hehehe! Where are the rest anyway! Why are the always late!” Taeyeon sighed. “They must have something important to attend to, it’s alright, let’s just wait. Anyway, where’s Leeteuk-oppa?” Seohyun asked.

“Eh...He...well I don’t know.” Taeyeon was caught off guard as she started to speak softly. “What happened, unnie?” Seohyun sensed something was amiss. “We sort of...give each other a break.” Taeyeon confessed, with a tinge of sadness in her voice. “Unnie...I’m so sorry.” Seohyun apologized. “No...it’s alright. This break is well deserved, I guess the both of us need some time to cool things a little.” Taeyeon continued.

“Unnie, talk things out with Leeteuk-oppa. Both of you love each other, don’t give up on each other because of some misunderstandings.” Seohyun consoled her. “Yeah, let’s forget our unhappiness and enjoy ourselves today, you girls can always help me to forget my sorrows.” Taeyeon said. “Yeah unnie, you know all of us are here for you.” Seohyun smiled.

“Unnie! Why are you so late!” Seohyun said as she saw Yuri walking into the cafe. “Ah sorry about that, I was preparing for our wedding, there’s so much to do lately.” Yuri said, with her eyes shining brightly. “How’s the preparation, unnie, if you need any help I’m always here!” Seohyun offered. “Yah, how can I let my pregnant sister to help me! That will be inhumane! Besides, I can ask Yoona to help me.” Yuri said. “I can help you too!” Sooyoung said as she sat down beside Yoona.

“Don’t forget about us too!” The rest of the girls walked in.

=====

“Hi, I’m Lee Yeon Hee.” The girl took her place opposite the guy carrying a plain expression.

“I’m Changmin.” He said without looking at her. Changmin was clearly uninterested in this blind date. He had to be there simply because his dad threatened him with his future. “So..I guess this is just one of your countless of blind dates?” The girl started to ask as she smiled brightly. “Don’t worry, mine too. It gets pretty interesting to observe the expression of each guy I met.” Yeon Hee said.

“Oh, really.” Changmin replied flatly. “You’re the first guy who don’t give a hoot about my existence though. I see you’re not putting even the slightest bit of effort to uphold your image.” The girl chuckled. “I do not see the point of doing that.” Changmin said. It was a drag to him, now that he has met the girl, all he want is to get out of that place.

“Well, I will just go straight to the point. I’m here because of my parents, and I guess you too. But it would be so much easier for us if you just let things remain this way, and bid each other farewell. There, happily ever after.” Changmin said, being honest would be the best way to get out of this situation.

“Changmin-sshi, you’re one interesting guy. Unfortunately, it would be pretty hard to get rid of me. I’ve just be appointed as your secretary by your father, didn’t he notify you?” Yeon Hee said. “What?! I’m not accepting this. Sorry but I’m leaving.” Changmin took his blazer with him and left the restaurant.

“Shim Changmin, don’t you recognize me at all?” Yeon Hee whispered to herself as she sipped her coffee.

=====

“Dad, what are you doing? How can you make Lee Yeon Hee my secretary without asking my opinion?” Changmin said as he went into his father’s office. “This is the best way, she suits you better than any other girls out there, Changmin.” His father said without looking at him. “But Dad, I don’t need a secretary, she’s going to be a hindrance in my life.” Changmin said.

“Son, there’s no way you can get rid of Yeon Hee as you secretary, so I see no point in you continuing to debate with me over this.” His father replied him as he stared at Changmin in the eyes.

Frustrated, Changmin left his father’s office without saying goodbye.



 

 

Hi all, sorry for disappointing any of you who wanted Yoona as Changmin's partner. However, thanks to @raisin's suggestion, I've decided to use Lee Yeon Hee as his partner. It would be much easier for me to craft out the storyline since I know zero about this girl, I can then imagine her as a character that would not be linked to her character in real life. Please understand ;)

Enjoy!