Chapter 20

If Only

 

“Seo! You’re back!” Kyuhyun rushed over to help Seohyun with the bags of groceries. “Kyu...I’m so tired.” She said as she initiated a hug from Kyuhyun, it was somehow her remedy to cure her fatigue. “Let’s cook dinner together then. I might not be able to cook well, but I’m sure I can be a good assistant. In a while, they finally finished preparing and settled down at the dining table.

“Seo...is the boutique so busy?” Kyuhyun asked slowly, not wanting to pick up a fight with Seohyun. “Yeah...business been really good actually. Probably because of the designs we released this time round, I guess it’s getting a pretty good respond.” She said casually. “Then...you’re gonna be busy for the next few months?” Kyuhyun asked cautiously. “I’m not too sure about that, probably. Why?” Seohyun looked up as she asked him.

“You know...I was just thinking, you need to get more rest since you’re pregnant. It’s only a month into your pregnancy I know, but you overworking yourself is not going to do yourself any good.” Kyuhyun confessed. “I’m a little worried you know, you fainted the other time. What if this happens again? I don’t want to imagine that.” He continued.

Seohyun realized her husband was actually concerned about her welfare, she knew he didn’t want to pick up a fight with her. “Kyu, I know where you’re getting at. Maybe it’s true that I’m overworking myself lately. After this season ends, let’s go for a short trip maybe?” She suggested. “Really?! You’re willing to forsake work for me?” Kyuhyun asked excitedly. “Ah...so this was your intention, you’re just jealous I’m spending more time on work but not you...” Seohyun teased. “Yah...partly, but you really need to rest you know!” Kyuhyun tried to hide his embarrassment. “I know I know...you cute little thing. Mommy will share her attention alright?” She continued pushing his button.

“Yah...” Kyuhyun complained. “Let’s prepare dinner, so we can turn in early, shall we? I’m a little tired already.” Seohyun said. “Yup, let me help you!” Kyuhyun said enthusiastically.

=====

“Changmin-oppa!” Seohyun said happily as she saw him entering their boutique. “What brings you here Mr Busy?” She said. “No matter how busy I am, I will still make time for my best friend. So, how are you feeling already? You’re already three months pregnant right?” Changmin asked. “Everything’s going well I should say, just that this kid inside kicks a little too hard sometimes.” She chuckled. “Let me hear!” Changmin said excitedly, as he placed his ears against Seohyun’s bulging tummy. “Yah I can hear something! He/She will definitely be as annoying as Kyu!” Changmin teased. “I guess so too, oppa! That’s what I’m worried of most.” She laughed. “Seo, lunch?” Changmin said as he turned his head up facing her. “Alright, let me wrap up with these first. Take a seat there oppa.” Seohyun replied as she went back to what she was doing.

“Hi Changmin-oppa!” Yoona said brightly as she came out from the storeroom. “You’re here to visit our Seobaby again? How lucky! She has a handsome husband and a handsome best friend!” Yoona teased. “Unnie...what are you saying!” Seohyun smacked her playfully. “Anyway, I’m famished, can I tag along for lunch?” Yoona said. “Of course not, you wouldn’t mind that right, oppa?” Seohyun looked over to Changmin. “Of course not.” He smiled gently.

“Wow wow wow look at that smile. If only Donghae-oppa is as gentle as him.” Yoona squeaked. “Unnie, Donghae-oppa is good enough already.” Seohyun smiled. “The grass is always greener the other side.” She glanced at Seohyun cheekily. “Let’s go! I’m really really hungry!” Yoona groaned in frustration.

=====

“Unnie, help me order anything, I need to use the restroom.” Seohyun said as she placed her handbag on the seat and walked away. Yoona nodded her head and waited for Seohyun to leave the premises before she started the topic.

“Changmin-oppa...you have something for our Seohyun, don’t you?” Yoona said while glancing at the menu. Changmin was caught off guard and he started coughing. “What do you mean?” He tried to reply calmly. “You’ve been appearing at our boutique frequently, helping Seo. It’s pretty obvious, I’ve been friends with her for so long.” Yoona said casually. “We’re just best friends.” Changmin replied shortly.

“Best friends? You’re doing more than what a best friend is doing. I’m not trying to imply anything but..she’s married to Kyuhyun, your best friend too. You know you won’t get anything out of this right? Seohyun treats all her friends with her heart. I hope you won’t misunderstand that.” Yoona explained.

“I know, I just can’t stop worrying about her. But I know my limits, don’t worry.” Changmin replied. “Yeah, but I will still thank you for the concern you have shown her, you’re indeed one of her closest friends that she have mentioned to me.” Yoona stated. They then kept silent for awhile.

“Hey, what are you guys talking about!” Seohyun said. “Nothing, we were just gossiping about you.” Yoona teased. “Unnie! How could you!” Seohyun played along, knowing Yoona was just trying to kid her.

“Oh Kyuhyun-oppa called, he said he will be fetching me after lunch for my check up. Changmin-oppa, can you send unnie back to the boutique safely?” Seohyun asked. “Yeah of course. Let’s eat!” Changmin said.