Chapter 22

If Only

 

Kyuhyun walked into Changmin’s office hoping to find him there. He was then greeted by Yeon Hee was sitting at her desk attending to some paperwork. “Hi, how may I help you?” She greeted Kyuhyun politely. “Hi, is Changmin inside? I’m his friend, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun replied getting a little confused. “Oh, let me ask him if he is free to meet you now.” Yeon Hee said.

“Okay, please go in.” Yeon Hee nodded. “Thanks.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Yah Changmin-ah! When did you get yourself a secretary? You really took my word for real and got yourself a partner huh?” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Yah quit it, it’s a bother, and it’s my father’s arrangement. This is so annoying.” Changmin complained. “Why? She looks decent enough though.” Kyuhyun asked. “She does, just that she picked the wrong guy to have a blind date with.” Changmin said.

“WHAT?! Shim Changmin went on a blind date?! When did you become so pathetic!” Kyuhyun laughed out loudly. “Yah! I was forced by my father, do you think I would go on one, tsk, I don’t need a blind date to get a girlfriend.” He said, feeling annoyed. “Hahaha! Oh well good luck to you then. Anyway, wanna go for lunch now? I’m famished!” Kyuhyun said as he rubbed his tummy.

“Yeah okay, let me finish this up first!”

“Hi Changmim’s secretary, wanna join us for lunch?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked past Yeon Hee’s table. “Ah..can I? I’m pretty new here actually.” Yeon Hee replied. “Of course, I’m sure your boss wouldn’t mind.” Kyuhyun glanced over at Changmin and smirk at him.

“Actually, I do mind.” Changmin said bluntly. “Ask Manager Lee to have lunch with you. Bye.” Changmin said as he walked away. Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and gave an apologetic smile to Yeon Hee before following Changmin into the lift.

Yeon Hee sighed as she sat down. “This is gonna be hard.”

=====

“Yah Changmin-ah...you’re such a bad boy.” Kyuhyun said as he shook his head. “The only girl I’ve seen you treated so well is actually Seo. Why are you so mean to other girls!” He continued. “Just because, I have no intention to date now. Why? Do you like Yeon Hee? Shall we exchange?” Changmin tried to annoy him to stop the topic.

“Yah! Seohyun is my wife and she’s pregnant with my child! Don’t you have any evil thoughts on her!” Kyuhyun nudged Changmin. “Then stop bothering me about that Yeon Hee girl. Nothing will happen between us.” Changmin said.

“Fine fine! Don’t come crying to me saying you have no girlfriend twenty years down the road. You asked for it!” Kyuhyun gave up. “Even so, you and Seo will take me in right? I can be your kid’s godfather, hehehe.” Changmin said happily.

“No way am I letting my kid to have a godfather like you! So stubborn!” Kyuhyun mumbled silently.

“Yah I heard that! You should be honoured that the godfather of your kid is so handsome. The baby better not be a girl or she might fall for my charms.” He teased. “Yah stop it, disgusting dude. Seo is gonna kill you if she hears this!” Kyuhyun smacked Changmin.

“Anyway, Siwon was asking if you guys wanna go on a trip together, since we haven’t been doing that after high school.” Changmin said. “That’s a good idea, we should have a short getaway from everything here, including Seohyun’s work.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Seohyun’s work? Why? Has she been really busy lately?” Changmin asked. “Yeah! Ever since she started working in the boutique with Yoona and Yuri, we spent lesser time together. Furthermore, she’s pregnant! What if something happens to her again? I do not want to imagine that. She can be really stubborn at times.” Kyuhyun sighed. “Relax man, I’m sure Seo knows how to take care of herself..don’t...” Changmin sidetracked as he saw Seohyun walking in the restaurant.

“Isn’t that Jung Yonghwa? Seohyun’s ex-boyfriend? What is she doing with him?” Changmin said while staring at the two walking in. “What the hell does that dude want!?” Kyuhyun said as he wanted to stand up from his seat. “Yah calm down first, don’t act like a jealous husband before you regret!” Changmin said as he pulled him back.

“It’s really been quite awhile since we’ve met, Yong oppa!” Seohyun said brightly.

“Yong?! OPPA?! Yah this pregnant wife really...” Changmin immediately shut Kyuhyun’s mouth with his hands. “This is what I call karma dude. Keep quiet and just listen before concluding anything!” Changmin chuckled.

“Yeah, how have you been? Heard from Jonghyun you’re already married to Cho Kyuhyun?” Yonghwa said confidently. “Yeah..we got married around 6 months ago. What about you, oppa?” Seohyun asked. “Ah...I still wanted to go after you if you’re still available..now I guess it’s impossible?” Yonghwa joked. “Yeah, I’m sorry, oppa!” She smiled. “So what are you plans for now? You just came back from the States right?” She asked. “Yeah, I’ve already gotten a job at a private banking institution. Just gonna settle down a few more days before I actually start work. What about you?” He asked.

“I’m running a boutique with my Yoona and Yuri-unnie. I guess it’s doing pretty well for a small boutique like that.” Seohyun said. “Wow that’s cool, give me the address, I shall visit your shop then!” Yonghwa said. “Of course! And I will help you to pick out a dashing outfit!” Seohyun giggled.

“This girl is really enjoying herself huh!” Kyuhyun said as he removed Changmin’s hands from his mouth. “Yah Kyu, she’s just meeting an old flame, what’s there to be jealous about? Furthermore, she already told Yonghwa she’s married.” Changmin tried to calm him down. Being a total jealous husband, Kyuhyun stood up from his chair and walked over to their table.

“Hi baby, having lunch?” He said as he peck Seohyun on her cheeks while eyeing Yonghwa. “Oppa! Why are you here? Yeah Yong oppa asked me out to catch up a little! You’re here alone?” Seohyun asked. “Hi Seo! Did we disrupt your conversation?” Changmin said as he straightened his outfit.

“Of course not, want to join us? I’m sure Yong oppa wouldn’t mind.” Seohyun said happily. “Nah, it’s alright, I have to get back to the office soon. Kyuhyun-ah, let’s go, it’s already over lunch time.” Changmin said as he nudged Kyuhyun and dragged him. “See you at home Seo, and don’t stay out too late.” Kyuhyun said sternly as he unwillingly followed Changmin out. “Alright oppa, see you!” Seohyun said. “Goodbye, Changmin-oppa!”