A Sorrow So Heavy In My Broken Heart

I Have Always Loved You

On August 28, he takes me to another party. We went with a mutual friend, Kyuhyun. When we were in the car driving, there I could tell Sungmin was really anxious and kind of freaked out and upset about something. I asked him what was wrong but he said nothing. As soon as we got to the party, he went straight to the backyard and started chugging beers. I stood with Kyuhyun trying to figure out what happened. About an hour later, I went looking for Sungmin. I walked into the back, the first thing I saw his lips on Yuri. My whole world fell apart. As my squeal, my scream and my yell was about to come out, Sungmin pushed Yuri off him and saw me. But now I was pissed. I forced myself out the door grabbing Kyuhyun. I was screaming at him to drive me home now. Me and Kyuhyun were in the front yard when Sungmin came bursting out. He started apologizing and yelling at me to listen to him. I scream right back “figure your life out because I’m done!”

 

The next five months were what I thought was the hardest months of my life. I cried so many tears for him. How could it end up like this? I had done everything for this guy. Everything to keep him happy and everything I could! I thought we were in love, I thought he loved me. Did our phone calls, our kisses, our hugs and our words mean nothing? All these emotions and experiences and adventures and this whole time together didn’t change him at all? He threw it all away, for what? A kiss with some drunk and freakshow? I didn’t really have any friends at school, any friends in general. I had no one but him, because I thought that was all I needed. I was broken, torn up and most especially destroyed. I sat hour after hour day after day week after week broken because of what he did to me. Slowly by slowly, my life began to come back together. More time with some new found friends. More focus on school sports hobbies anything to keep my mind off him. I never told my new friends about Sungmin. I never spoke about him. I put on that fake smile for them and pretended like I had never loved him, that I had never had a boy like him in my life. Because it was easier to run away from the pain than to live with that kind of sorrow so heavy in my broken heart.