Sunny and Yuri

I Have Always Loved You

Don’t get me wrong, we had our fights. We’d argue and get mad but we always seemed to fall back into place. Except when it was about Yuri. Yuri was “like a sister to him” or so he says. And at first she was really sweet and happy for us and she would try to talk to me and hang out which was really nice because I had never had a real girl best friend. Sungmin had become my best friend too, someone to share everything with. But when I needed to talk the girl talk or if I wanted to talk about him when I couldn’t, so having Yuri around was nice, until I saw the true freakshow that she was.

 

The first time I should have cut her out in me and Sungmin's love life was about three months into our relationship. Me and Yuri we’re good friends at this time. She was asking how me and Sungmin met etc. So there was me, thinking it was cute, told her how before me and Sungmin were close. I also told her that I used to ask him questions I already knew the answer just to have the chance of hearing his voice. She said “Really? Oh my gosh, that’s so cute! You guys were totally meant to be” but you know what does she tell Sungmin? That “Hey Sungmin. Guess what? Sunny used to think you were so stupid. She would secretly mock you by asking you questions in your Chinese class then making fun of the answers you would give her. So technically your whole relationship was based off a lie.” … um what the hell, you freakshow? Sungmin was skeptical but was still hurt... Because in his opinion there really was no reason for Yuri to make up that whole story and hurt our relationship. Even though she did. I should have seen there, that clearly she was jealous of me. of me and him. and that she wanted him, all to herself but me and Sungmin worked through it, then me and Yuri worked through it and for some reason, who the hell knows why, I forgave her. I think the reason was, it was mostly because I didn’t want to lose the only other person in my life close to me..

 

The second and final time annoyed the living crap out of me and she screwed me over was about 5 months in our relationship. She came to my house for a sleepover. Then we went to the mall and ate and sort of shopped around for some clothes. Yuri saw these guys she knew and I didn't. Well, Yuri went to a different school and anyway, she went to talk to them. I awkwardly stood there while they talked about some funny story or something. She left to grab something in the counter and the guys tried to fill me in on the story. It was actually pretty funny so I cracked up and laughed hysterically. Guess what this crazy freakshow does? She takes a picture of me and the guy laughing with me, sends it to Sungmin then says how I’m cheating on him! She wrote a whole legit story about how she tried to stop me and all this nonsense. Sungmin was really furious. Sungmin and I spent the next week and half working things out, almost breaking up. Thank god that guy who was laughing with me had a girlfriend and came to Sungmin telling the truth. I was done with that crazy freakshow Yuri. But Sungmin still forgave her! It took time, but still how could he forgive someone who almost ruined our relationship? He still talked to her from time to time. You know, I would get so mad because of what she did, what she caused. It was so obvious that she wanted Sungmin but he was too stubborn to see it.

 

On top of the whole Yuri situation, I felt us drifting apart in some aspects. Sungmin was getting more and more into this group of people who literally lived for partying. But there's this one thing.. It's because he wouldnt let me inside his heart. He hid a dark past, trying to protect me. But it only ended in us growing apart. He was scared, but of what I didn’t know.