Strings Of Life [Oneshot]

Strings Of Life [One-Shot]

As you all can see, I've FINALLY finished my one-shot. It took long, eh? I'm sorry for taking so long! D:

As I was writing it, I didn't notice how long it was, but when I posted I was surprised on how long it was. I'm sorry if it was too long!

To those who are celebrating Christmas today, I wanted to present you all with this one-shot :D But for those who have celebrated Christmas already, I'M SO SORRY FOR UPLOADING IT THIS LATE! D:

But I hope you all have fun reading it! :D

THANKS!

-w_double

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some small things before you guys start reading :)

Soonyeo: Sister (from the Church)

-shi: Formal use for Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss.

-ah: Informal but is used with close relatives/friends

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omZRoe8aCQY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

I looked out the airplane's window, with a soft smile. Like my parents said: "Another successful performance for charity, Hyun Ae". I contently sighed and flipped open my phone to check if there were any new text messages. Well, to be truthful, I was expecting one from Jaejoong. My excited fingers trailed down the messages and I finally found his name nearing the end. My grin widened and I was about to press 'Open', but a sudden shake from the plane stopped me. I looked up at my parents in the seats beside me. What was going on?

"THIS IS THE CAPTIN SPEAKING! PASSENGERS, PLEASE DON'T PANIC! WE ARE HAVING SOME TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE PLANE SO WE WILL BE HAVING AN EMERGENCY LANDING!"

And with that, he got cut off. My eyes rounded. Everyone started to panic and scream. Some even got out of their seats and started running to find the captain. The stewardesses started to chase after them. I stared at my parents in fright.

"M-Mom, D-Dad," I stuttered. They just stared at me with the same amount of fear.

My heart beat fast and I felt sick in my stomach. I had a bad feeling about this. My eyes landed on my phone and I was just going to press 'Open' but suddenly the whole plane started to shake uncontrollably. And then everything turned dark...

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong's POV

I sadly drove back to the dorm. I texted Hyun Ae that I'd be waiting for her at the airport with her parents. Did she leave without me? Or...did she just decide not to see me?

It has been half a year since I've lost contact with Hyun Ae. I even asked manager hyung to help me look around for her. It was said that there was a plane crash in Japan which was heading for South Korea. That was the plane Hyun Ae was on. She...was in the plane crash. And the sad thing was that no one knew what happened to her or the rest of the passengers on the plane.

The members and I were going home after another dreadful schedule. I sighed for the millionth time that day and leaned my head on the van's window. Where are you, Hyun Ae?

The van stopped in front of the stoplights. I looked out of the window and my heart stopped. I rubbed my eyes. Maybe I was dreaming. I opened my eyes again and they softened. There stood Hyun Ae, looking as beautiful as the last time I saw her.

I quickly grabbed the car's handle. Yunho grabbed my arm. "Jaejoong! Where are you going?!" He yelled.

"That's Hyun Ae!" I shouted, twisting out of his grip. "But-," He started, but I was already out of the van.

I ran out of the van, not caring about the traffic around me. I heard people screaming with excitement when they saw me, but I ignored them. I ran towards the direction I saw her in. But when I got there, she was gone. I stopped in my tracks and my breath caught in my throat. My eyes scanned the crowds of people, hoping she was still here. I grew frustrated and started to run down the streets. I had to find her!

"Yah!" Someone grabbed me. I turned around to see a disguised Yoochun. "What are you doing?!" He hissed under his scarf around his mouth. "I saw her, Yoochun," I whispered. "I really saw her," I repeated.

He sighed and patted my shoulder. "Maybe it was just someone who looked like her," He softly said. I lowered my head. I thought I was going crazy.

END OF POV

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

FLASHBACK

My eyes slowly opened. I looked around the room. There were two worried, but surprised faces looking down at me.

"Princess, are you okay?" The male spoke. I stared at him with fright. Who's that? Why is he calling me that?

"Hyun Ae-ah," The female sobbed. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is she crying?

"W-Who are you?" I whispered. They gasped and stepped back, shocked. "Who's...Hyun Ae?" I softly asked.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Your name is Kim Hyun Ae and you live in South Korea. You have two caring parents and you were involved in a plane crash."

Kim Hyun Ae. That was the name I had forgotten when I first woke up. And that was my name. I couldn't believe I forgot my parents. I've always doubted if they were my real parents but every time I saw their sad and worried crying faces, I knew I was their daughter.

I forgot everything and everyone from my past. I felt shameful, but most of all, I felt scared. Was I lied to? Was I really Kim Hyun Ae? Every time I tried thinking about the past, my head would start squeezing in pain. My parents told me there was nothing in the past to remember and that I should just start a brand new life without thinking about the past.

They told me that I was in a coma for two months and it was almost a miracle for me to wake up. I promised them I will live the rest of my life happily and show them how thankful I was for them.

I knew I forgot a lot of things, but I felt that something very big was missing; something that made my life complete before I was in that plane crash.

I went to college and was training to be a teacher. But for some reason, this wasn't the profession I felt I was meant for. I loved teaching children, but why did I feel as if I was meant to do something else for children?

 END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong's POV

Even though DBSK was busy for upcoming concerts and performances, we still spared some time to visit the orphanage we usually went to. It was the orphanage we usually went with...Hyun Ae. We got out of the van and kids ran up to us. We laughed and patted their heads as we made our way into the orphanage.

A cute little two year old boy with a wool pompom hat struggled to walk up to me. I smiled and kneeled down with my arms out in front of me, to pick him up.

"How are you doing, Kyubong?" I cooed and stood up. He smiled and continued to his tiny thumb. I smiled. How could someone abandon such adorable children?

"Hello, Jaejoong-shi," One of the sisters welcomed. I bowed and smiled. "Hello, Soonyeo-Suyeon," I said.

"Thank you for coming again," She smiled. I shook my head. "It's an honour to come here and perform for these amazing and well-behaved kids," I said. She smiled again and led me somewhere.

I walked into the snowy but beautiful garden to see many happy children running around. I stopped walking when I heard a heavenly, but familiar laugh in the middle of the crowd. My footsteps slowed down when I realized who she was. There she stood again...Hyun Ae. Hyunbong stared at me with his big eyes. I looked at him and back at the beautiful lady. I wasn't wrong. Her angelic laugh and delicate smile could be recognized anywhere.

"Lunch, kids!" Soonyeo-Sumi shouted. They all cheered and ran towards my direction, for the door.

I watched Hyun Ae take a little girl's hand and walk towards me. My stomach twisted and I anticipated what she would do when she saw me. Right when her eyes met mine, my heart stopped. But all she did was give me a deep bow and she walked right past me. My eyes widened and I almost dropped Kyubong. W-What?

Throughout the whole lunch, I stared at her. She was still the same caring and affectionate girl I knew, but how come...she didn't seem to notice me. Even the members were astonished when she didn't recognize them.

We performed for the children and I couldn't keep my eyes off Hyun Ae. My heart dropped like a rock every time her big eyes glanced over at me. What was going on?

It was finally night. "Good night, Kyubong," I whispered as I kissed his small forehead and tucked him in his airplane blanket. I smiled at how peaceful he looked.

Like I always did when I came here with Hyun Ae, I went outside the garden, but stopped in my tracks. Hyun Ae was standing against the fence. The bright moonlight hit her in the right spots and her body literally gleamed. It was like old times, when we would meet out here when we put the kids to sleep. I swallowed hard and made my way to her.

"Hyun Ae-ah," I carefully whispered. She turned around and looked at me with no recognition at all. "Hello, Jaejoong-shi," She bowed.

I stopped in front of her. "Don't...you remember me?" I softly asked. She tilted her head and nodded. My hopes rose.

"Soonyeo-Suyeon told me that Jaejoong-shi and your members performs for us every year," She bowed again. "And I really thank you for that," She smiled.

My shoulders dropped. I reached for her face but she flinched and turned away. My eyes widened at the rejection.

"Umm," She awkwardly looked away. "I have to go," She softly said and was about to walk away when I grabbed her hand and gently turned her around. She slipped her hand away from mine.

"What happened to you?" I breathed. She looked away. "I think you got the wrong person," She said.

I shook my head. "No, I don't. You were the Hyun Ae I once loved," I confessed. She finally looked up at me with her big brown eyes.

I took her hands again. "We used to perform here together," I explained. "I sang and you played the v-," She stepped away from me and put her hands on her head.

"I'm sorry, Jaejoong-shi," She bowed. "I think you really got the wrong person," She said, running away.

She slowly disappeared in the dark night. My mind was confused but my heart hurt most of all. Did she really not remember me?

END OF POV

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

I visited the orphanage I usually went to and helped around. The kids stuck to me so much, I just had to go. Soonyeo-Suyeon told me I used to come here all the time. I was in the garden, dancing and playing around with the adorable children. They were so joyful and cheerful.

"Lunch, kids!" I heard Soonyeo-Sumi shout. They all cheered and ran towards the door. I quickly took Eunjung's hand and led her inside.

 I looked up and saw a very handsome man standing by the door. I didn't know why...but he seemed familiar. I ignored that fact and quickly bowed and went inside.

During lunch, I felt eyes on me, but I didn't bother looking up. I wonder why they were staring at me...

The group who had performed for us was named DBSK. I've heard of them before since they were big, but I didn't know why, but I had a feeling I had met them before. I watched them perform and they were really good. I couldn't express that enough and the lead vocal, Jaejoong, had the most amazing voice I had ever heard.

After another tiring day, it was finally night. "Sweet dreams, Eunjung," I said and her hair. I smiled and gently closed the door and went to the garden. I breathed in the night scent I loved. I looked up at the big bright moon and smiled.

"Hyun Ae-ah," I heard someone say. I turned around. "Hello, Jaejoong-shi," I bowed. "Don't...you remember me?" He suddenly asked.

I tilted my head and nodded. " Soonyeo-Suyeon told me that Jaejoong-shi and your members performs for us every year," I bowed again. "And I really thank you for that," I smiled. I was so happy celebrities would spare time to come to the orphanage to make the children happy.

Suddenly, he reached out for my face. I flinched and turned away. What was he doing?

"Umm," I awkwardly looked away. "I have to go," I softly said and was about to walk away when I felt a hand grab my hand. My eyes widened. He turned me around and I cautiously slipped my hand out of his.

"What happened to you?" He breathed. I looked away. "I think you got the wrong person," I said. What was wrong with him?

"No, I don't. You were the Hyun Ae I once loved," He confessed. I stopped and looked up at him with confusion. What?

He took my hands again but I couldn't move. His eyes told me something. "We used to perform here together," He explained. "I sang and you played the v-," I came to my senses and stepped away from him. I put my hands on my head. I had another headache.

"I'm sorry, Jaejoong-shi," I bowed. "I think you really got the wrong person," I said, running away.

I stopped when I reached my car. What was that all about? I closed my eyes to think if I had ever encountered such person in my life but only a faint and dark image appeared in my head. I let out a soft groan and touched my head. I shouldn't think that much.

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong's POV

I went to the orphanage the very next morning to see if Hyun Ae was there. Unfortunately she wasn't, but I found Soonyeo-Suyeon instead.

"Good morning, Jaejoong-shi," She bowed. I bowed back. "Is Hyun Ae here?" I whispered.

She shook her head. "She only comes for rare occasions because she's training to be a teacher," She said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked. "I thought she was going to be a violin teacher," I said. She looked at me with confusion. "You don't know?" She asked. "I don't know what?" I asked.

She frowned. "Hyun-Ae lost her memory in the plane crash," She revealed. My heart dropped like a rock and my mind went blank. H-Huh?

"S-She what?" I repeated. She sighed. "She lost her memory in the plane crash and doesn't remember anything from her past," She whispered.

"Soonyeo-Suyeon!" Someone called from inside. She patted my shoulder and left.

Now...everything made sense; why she couldn't recognize me...why she flinched when I touched her...why she didn't remember who I was.

I ran back into the orphanage and went up to Soonyeo-Suyeon. "Where does Hyun Ae live?" I asked. She looked at me with confusion, but gave me the address.

I drove all the way to her new house and ran up to her door. I rang the door bell and her mom opened the door. "You are?" She asked.

I bowed. "Hello, I'm Kim Jaejoong," I said. She seemed surprised and nodded. "I remember you, Jaejoong-shi," She said. "What brings you here?" She asked.

"Is Hyun Ae home?" I asked. She sadden when I mentioned her name. "She's at her training secession," She replied. Before I could ask anything, she opened her door wider and held out a hand. "Come in," She said. "I have a lot to tell you," She stated.

We were now in Hyun Ae's room. I've been in her old room before but it was completely different now. Her old room was filled with violin pictures and violin players and she even had a few idol group posters, but now...it was only filled with pictures of cheerful children.

Her mom sighed. "Disappointed that there aren't any violin posters, eh?" She asked, touching one of the children posters. I looked at her and she stared back at me. "She doesn't know she played the violin," She confessed, softly. My eyes widened. Oh no...

"During the crash, a suitcase fell onto her head," She explained. "And she went into a coma for two months," She revealed. My stomach dropped in sympathy. Poor Hyun Ae.

"After the crash, she suffered so much to remember what was in her past," She softly said. "She literally forgot everything and everyone and my husband and I couldn't do anything about it," She started to tear up. I patted her shoulder. "It must have been hard for you," I sadly said. She patted my hand and walked outside. She looked like she was going to get something.

I walked around her room, looking at the pictures. They were old pictures of her and her family. I softened and picked up a photo where she was little. She told me she started playing the violin at age five. I was amazed when I first heard her play; she was like an angel...

Her mom came back into the room with...her violin. "It broke," She whispered, opening it up. My eyes widened at the broken strings. Oh no...

"She completely forgot how to play," She frowned. "Poor thing," She shook her head.

I touched the violin case and looked up at her mother. "Can I borrow this?" I asked. She nodded. "There...is no need for this anymore," She said. "I'm sorry if I'm being selfish, but I don't want her to remember ANYTHING from the past. I want her to start a brand new life," She softly said.

I took her hand and patted it. "I understand, Mrs. Kim," I nodded. She smiled and gave me a hug. "Thank you, Jaejoong-shi," She whispered. "I know you care a lot for Hyun Ae," She said. I patted her back.

That night, I laid the violin on my bed and slowly unlocked it. I smelt Hyun Ae's scent when I opened up the case. I carefully and delicately took the broken violin in my hands. An image of Hyun Ae's peaceful face playing came into mind. But now...the strings were broken. I touched the strings. She...forgot music. Was this all telling me something?

END OF POV

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

I went back to the orphanage after a month. I wanted to see the children again. It was nearing night and I had just finished my training session.

I walked into the orphanage and was welcomed by the cute and joyful kids. I smiled and opened my arms and tried to hug all of them.

"We missed you, noona!" A group of boys said. I smiled and rubbed their head. "I missed you all too," I said.

"Unnie!" Pretty little girls squealed. I laughed and smoothed their braids and ponytails. "Hi," I said.

"Hello, Hyun Ae," Soonyeo-Suyeon appeared and bowed. I smiled and bowed back. "Hello, Soonyeo-Suyeon," I said.

"It's time for bed, kids," She said. Everyone groaned and hugged my legs. "But Hyun Ae noona just came," A young little boy said. I smiled and kneeled down beside him. "I'll be back tomorrow," I said.

He smiled and everyone cheered. I beamed.

I went to tug everyone in. I softly closed the last door and looked up to see Soonyeo-Suyeon. "Someone is waiting for you in the garden," She stated. I tilted my head and nodded, with a bow. Who would that be?

While I was making my way outside, I heard soft music. My head started to hurt. How come this sounded so familiar? I reached the door and saw someone standing there. I should have ran away but my legs continue walking. I opened the door and slowly walked towards the person. I was sure it was a guy, but his back was turned to me so I couldn't figure out who it was. Suddenly he turned around. He was playing...a violin. He sadly gazed into my eyes and played louder. The melody got more and more familiar as he slowly walked up to me. Suddenly, my head started to hurt as scenes replayed in my head. I grabbed my head in pain and screamed.

FLASHBACKS

"Nice to meet you, Hyun Ae-shi. I'm Kim Jaejoong from DBSK."

"You play so well, Hyun Ae-shi."

"Let's perform for the children at the orphanage again!"

"When are you coming back? Please...come back soon."

"Hyun Ae-ah..."

END OF FLASHBACKS

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong's POV

I was now standing in the garden with a violin in hand. Yes. I really did it; I learned how to play the violin in a month. And I learned how to play...the song. The song we both loved so much. The song that made me fall for her...

At night, I walked into the garden and prepared myself to play for her. Soonyeo-Suyeon told me she was going to come tonight so I told Soonyeo-Suyeon in advance to tell Hyun Ae to come out. I looked up at the sky to see the big round moon shining brightly like always. I smiled and started to play.

I heard the door open. I closed my eyes and played carefully and softly to not scare her. I wanted her to remember the song that connected us together when we first met.

I slowly turned around and met eyes with her. I sadly gazed at her, hoping she would remember. I played louder and made my way up to her. She stared at me, thinking. Please, remember. Suddenly, she closed her eyes and grabbed her head in pain and screamed. My eyes widened and I dropped the violin.

I quickly ran up to Hyun Ae. "HYUN AE!" I shouted, grabbing her shoulders. "Are you okay?!" I asked. She continued to scream as she held onto her head. I started to panic. What was I supposed to do?!

Suddenly, her eyes snapped open and she sunk onto the floor. I fell onto my knees and touched her head. "Are you okay?!" I shouted.

She looked up at me, in pain. "Are you hurt?!" I asked. "Let's go to the hospital," I wrapped my arms around her waist and legs. She pushed me away. "Wait," She whispered.

I stopped and let go of her. I must have scared her. I stared at her and she stared back at me. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

Her eyes started to tear up. "Jaejoong..." She softly said, like she had always did. My eyes flickered in surprise. She threw her arms around my neck. "Jaejoong," She cried.

My heart stopped. She...remembers me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hyun Ae-ah," I breathed and closed my eyes. Finally...

"I remember everything," She cried. I rocked her side to side and smoothed her hair. She cried and tightened her grip around my neck.

We pulled away and looked at each other. I wiped her tears away. "I was so scared you forgot me," I whispered. She lowered her head in shame. "I'm sorry, Jaejoong," She apologized.

I shook my head and her hair. "It's okay," I smiled and hugged her again. "I'm so glad you finally remember," I said.

She let go of me. "Thank you for helping me remember everything," She smiled.

I softened. "I will always be here for you," I said. Her eyes sparkled. I took her hands. "I know you didn't get my text that day before the crash. But, it's okay," I whispered. "I'll tell you now..."

TEXT MESSAGE

Hyun Ae-ah,

It's Jaejoong. Please hurry back. I miss you so much.

And there is something I want to tell you. I'm not usually good with expressing my feelings, but it was like love at first sight when I heard your beautiful playing.

Please accept me. I'll be waiting for you at the airport.

I love you,

Jaejoong

END OF TEXT MESSAGE

END OF POV

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

"I love you, Hyun Ae," He confessed softly. My heart fluttered at his warming words. He smoothed his thumb across my hands. "Music connected us as if we were meant to be," He whispered. My eyes brightened.

"But when I saw the broken strings on your violin, I thought it was the end for us," He sadly said. "I thought we wouldn't be able to continue to perform together and see each other," He shook his head.

I softened and touched his cheek. "I'm okay now and...I can play for you," I walked to the violin that was on the floor.

He stood up and looked at me. I smiled and placed my chin on the chin rest. I let out a scared sigh. I hope I still remembered how to play. I put the bow on the strings and started.

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong's POV

My body felt as if it was floating up above the clouds as she started playing. It sounded more beautiful than half a year ago and I literally melted.

I slowly walked up to her when she finished. I took her hands. "That was how I fell for you," I whispered. "That harmonic music would always make me shiver," I said.

She smiled. "So does your voice," She said, touching my face. "I love you, Jaejoong," She whispered.

My heart rapidly beat inside my chest. I leaned closer to her. "I love you too, Hyun Ae," I said, before pressing my lips against hers and wrapping my arms around her waist.

END OF POV

Kim Hyun Ae's POV

I played my heart out as I knew the one I loved was listening to me. I was so happy to be playing again but was more happy because I didn't forget the song.

When I finished, he walked up to me. He took my hands. "That was how I fell for you," He whispered. "That harmonic music would always make me shiver," He said.

I softened and smiled. "So does your voice," I said, touching his face. "I love you, Jaejoong," I finally said, after holding it in for so long.

He leaned closer to me. "I love you too, Hyun Ae," He said, before pressing his lips against mine and wrapping his arms around my waist. I closed my eyes and slowly kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Thank you for helping me remember everything; about my family I have loved so much, the smiling and cheerful kids I have loved playing for, DBSK who have the best voices in the world, about...you whom I love so much, and  the most important thing in my life...the violin.

END OF POV