Ice cold eyes

Such a Beautiful Lie 2 - Starting Again

So, fifth chapter :) So much you manage to write as long as you get the time :o

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Winter came quickly that year. One day when you woke up the temperature was below freezing and your breath turned into steam each time you uttered a word. One person that didn’t enjoy this time of the year was Jung Jaejoong. He was one of the Kim Jang family’s best friends, along with his husband Jung Yunho and also not to forget Shim Changmin and Park Yoochun.

  • Yunnie, I will tell you for the last time: I am not. Going. Out. To skate. With. You.
  • Aw, honey! It’ll be great. We can skate just a little and then have some hot chocolate! Hm? Yunho stood in front of his lover, holding his well-trained waist and giving Jaejoong his puppy eyes look.

Jaejoong took a quick look at those eyes and immediately wished he didn’t. He groaned and looked to the side. Sighing Jaejoong slowly met Yunho’s eyes to show him that he agreed to his offer. Yunho exclaimed a high-pitched sound in triumph and immediately went to get their jackets and scarves, mittens and hats. All so that Jaejoong would freeze to a minimum point. They quickly got dressed and hurried out to the ice rink: the frozen fountain.

 

  • Oppa, hurry! We’re gonna be late if you don’t move your lazy now! Jiyoon stood in the hallway a Saturday morning. Her jacket was zipped closed and she wore a green knitted hat on her head. Ri In had, before she had to run away for work, given her two French braided plaits that stuck out from below the green hat.

Jonghyun was busy fixing his hair – for the millionth time. He, together with his sister and the “gang” were going to go skating today. Hyunah would come too. After a difficult decision of whether to leave his hair that way or leave he ran out to the hallway to his little sister.

  • Such words you use on your beloved oppa? They both snickered at that comment and left the apartment.

They had all agreed to meet at the fountain and when Jonghyun and Jiyoon arrived all the others were already there.

  • I told you we were the last ones! Jiyoon tried to sound annoyed but didn’t really succeed. She was way too happy for that that day.
  • Yeah, yeah, whatever.
  • We already got the skates for you so put them on already! Jinki ushered them. That boy loved to skate. He was already on the ice and leaning against the fence.

Minho helped Jiyoon to tie her skates, since she wasn’t strong enough to pull the laces. Jiyoon thought she saw a glimpse of jealousy in Key’s eyes but shrugged it off. Key and she were just friends. The best of friends. She liked to fool around with him though. All those times in school when the other guys joked about Key being in love with her, she really thought that was funny. As said she didn’t pay it too much attention. Today her one and only favorite unnie would come too: Minyoung. She was the only female creature she trusted in this world. Her mother didn’t count.   

  • You’re all set! Minho smiled and jumped out on the ice.

The twins were both very good skaters, as were the other boys. Almost every day off each winter they had enjoyed themselves by that fountain for as long as they could remember. Kim Hyunah though hated winter and everything that could ever be associated with it, but had tagged along since Jonghyun would be there. With a dark face she stepped onto the ice. Her feet immediately lost balance and she fell on her bum. With her small figure she almost looked like a ten-year-old with her baby pink down jacket and pony tails. Jonghyun saw her fall and smirked to himself. He was really going to enjoy this day. Swiftly he skated over to her and pulled her up.

  • You did one thing right at least.
  • What? Hyunah snapped.
  • “If you’re gonna fall – fall on your bum!”, that’s what dad always told me. Jonghyun smiled to her and held her hand. Here, I’ll teach you!

 

Yunho and Jaejoong ignored the stares they received for holding hands or the occasional cheek kissing. They were used to it anyway.

  • Look at that! Yunho exclaimed and pointed at the ice rink.  
  • What?
  • It’s the twins and their friends! And what is it I see? Jonghyunnie is holding some girl’s hand! Yunho was thrilled to see his niece in that state. Jaejoong couldn’t understand why.

Jaejoong decided to just smile and nod. He just didn’t really care. All he cared about was what he was going to make Yunho do to warm him up after this freezing outing.

  • Let’s go now! Jaejoong had barely tied his skates when Yunho dragged him out on the ice.

Yunho swiftly skated backwards, facing Jaejoong and holding his hands. Jaejoong couldn’t help but smile back at him and actually enjoy the ride. He sped up so they were along side with each other and skated over the ice. They did a few spins and they even tried to do a waltz to the music pouring out form the speakers but failed. The beat was wrong and they ended up tangling their feet together and fell down.

 

  • Oh, oppa! Jiyoon suddenly exclaimed. Jonghyun looked away from Hyunah to look at his sister.
  • Huh?
  • It’s Jaejoong and Yunho ajusshi! She was pointing at a tangle of limbs just by the centre of the fountain. Without waiting for any possible reply from her brother Jiyoon rushed over to Jaejoong and Yunho.

She was at a very high speed. She could see Jaejoong look up and catch a glimpse of her storming against them. He hid his head back in Yunho’s chest and soon felt small rains of ice crystals fall over his head.

  • Jiyoon, don’t scare me like that! He scolded his niece. Well, they weren’t blood related but as close to that as it possibly gets.
  • Mian! Jiyoon snickered and helped her ajusshi up and brush off the snow.
  • It’s so good to see you! Jaejoong said when he regained his balance and hugged Jiyoon tightly.
  • I missed you… Jiyoon softly said as she hugged him back just as tight.
  • Hello, can I be a part of the hugging party too? Yunho poked their sides, causing both of them to yelp and let go of each other.
  • Anyoung, Yoonie yah! Yunho cooed and gave her a big hug.

Jonghyun managed to make Hyunah wait by the fence for just a few moments and skated over to the trio as well.

  • Yun ajusshi! Jae ajusshi! He literally banged into them and hugged them tight. Why haven’t you invited us for dinner for so long? I missed you so much!   
  • Hello to you too, Jonghyunnie! Jaejoong answered and ruffled Jonghyun’s head. Jonghyun annoyed slapped his hand away explaining that he took a lot of time to fix his hair do before coming there.
  • Jaejoong is very sorry for spoiling your hair, and we have been very busy the latest weeks so we just haven’t had enough time. Yunho cut in before Jaejoong possibly started to make a fuss about the hair.
  • But now you have more time, neh? Jiyoon exclaimed and smiled brightly.
  • Maybe so. We’ll check our planner. Yunho winked.

They continued to exchange common politeness, asking about each other’s lives in general. Jiyoon and Jonghyun said that their parents were working harder than ever and how that concerned them a little. Jaejoong and Yunho shared good news about their gym: they were going to expand their business and open up one more fitness centre in another part of Seoul.

  • Oh, that is- Minyoung unnie! Oh sorry, I’ll be right back! Jiyoon suddenly spotted a tall girl entering the ice rink. She recognized her unnie by the wine red coat she always wore. With the speed of a lightning she was on the other side of the rink hugging her unnie.
  • So, now man to man. Yunho stated when Jiyoon was out of hearing.
  • Sorry? Jonghyun surprised looked away from Hyunah, where his eyes mysteriously had travelled and got stuck.
  • Who’s she? He smirked.
  • Ehm, no one. Just, a girl from school. She just started to hang out with us a few weeks ago.
  • She seems to be more a special someone rather than no one. Jaejoong giggled and wiggled his eyebrows.
  • Oh, stop it! Jonghyun tried to sound annoyed but failed to hide his smile. Her name is Kim Hyunah and I really just adore her! Jonghyun clearly had lost his mind to use such words. And thinking about the longing look he sent Hyunah and the small wave when their eyes met Yunho and Jaejoong were thrilled.
  • So, are you dating yet?
  • Joongie?! Yunho exclaimed, shocked over his husband’s blunt statement.
  • What? I want to know!

Jonghyun ashamed looked away. He was way too shy to ask a girl out. None the least Kim Hyunah.

  • Oh, you have to! Go on, do it now! Jaejoong ushered him.
  • Yah, he needs to attract her first. Call Yoonie over and do a little ice dance for her, araso? She will definitely lose her mind.

The look on Jonghyun’s face clearly told them that he was terrified. But Jaejoong’s and Yunho’s encouraging smiles made him give in.

  • Argh, alright! But if she doesn’t like me after this I’m going to blame you!
  • No problem! Jaejoong assured him and grinned.

Jonghyun looked over to where Jiyoon and Minyoung were standing and talking. He locked eyes with his sister. Jiyoon crooked a brow and Jonghyun answered by raising both his in a barracking expression. Yunho and Jaejoong amazed beheld this scene of two complete different souls communicating on a thirty meters’ distance. Jiyoon seemed to approve of whatever that had been said and skated over to them.

  • Wae? Was all she asked when they were side by side. Minyoung came skating a bit slower behind her dongsaeng and grabbed Jaejoong’s shoulder to make herself stop.
  • What are they talking about? She whispered to Jaejoong. Jaejoong simply shrugged.
  • Something about ice dancing, but I’m not sure.

Jiyoon kept looking at her brother to get to know why he suddenly wanted to dance. They had both taken classes a long time ago in ice dancing and were rather good at it. Jonghyun’s eyes flashed and Jiyoon heard, as from within, how Jonghyun whispered Hyunah’s name. Jiyoon made an o with in comprehension. As much as she disliked the idea of Jonghyun dating Hyunah she remembered her mother’s words about being more open minded. So for the goodness sake she agreed. Jonghyun lit up and hugged her sister in joy.

  • You go sit on the side with Hyunah and tell her to watch, ok? He asked the two men and his noona.
  • Sure. Yunho winked and grabbed a confused Minyoung’s hand and skated over to Hyunah.

Jonghyun skated over to the DJ and asked for a slower and more romantic song and the DJ happily agreed. Content, he made his way over to Jiyoon and elegantly bowed and asked her to dance. Jiyoon smoothly curtsied and smiled in approval. Jonghyun lightly took her hand and slowly skated her forward, in the direction of their little audience. More people had noticed that the two twins were up to something special and had stopped to watch as well. After skating by each other’s sides for a while they split up and went separate ways. At the exact same time they spun around, sternly looking at each other’s faces. Jonghyun made the first move and pushed off. He jumped up in the air and made a double spin before landing on bent knees in front of Jiyoon. Jiyoon set turned her head to the side and went for a walk around her brother, as if daring him to catch her and face any possible consequences. Jonghyun took the challenge and set off after her, grabbing her waist and spinning her around so they were facing each other. Like a gentleman he dipped Jiyoon backwards and up again.

 

  • Oppa is so good! Jiyoon unnie too! Hyunah squealed as she clapped her hands and looked at the twins’ dancing. Jaejoong, by her right side, made a noise of agreement.
  • They even won a competition when they were seriously ice dancing.
  • Really? Hyunah beamed but didn’t take her eyes off of Jonghyun.

 

Jiyoon and Jonghyun skated fast, jumped in the air and showed their great balance and collaboration. After their last spin together they stopped, panting and looking into each other’s eyes. Letting her heart speak her most feared question Jiyoon suddenly blurted out:

  • You like Hyunah better than me, right? She means more to you.

Jonghyun simply stared at her. He ignored the applause the audience gave them and just tried to comprehend what his little sister and best friend just asked him. What she assumed about him.

  • How the hell can you ever think that? He got angry and let go of Jiyoon’s waist. He speedily skated over to Hyunah and pulled her up on her feet.

Left alone, Jiyoon saw her brother grab Hyunah and she didn’t need to hear Jonghyun’s voice, she knew anyway what he just asked Hyunah.

 

  • Oppa, you were so good! Hyunah beamed when Jonghyun pulled her up, she almost lost her balance from the force though but Jonghyun steadily held her figure. They were quite close, their hot breaths met in mid air.
  • Thanks. Jonghyun gave her a small but charming smile. Hey, um… would you like to get out of here and, get some hot chocolate or something? Just you and me? He let go of Hyunah’s waist with one of his hands and barely her rosy cheek.
  • I thought you’d never ask. Hyunah smiled.

They looked into each other’s eyes. Jonghyun couldn’t see anything but Hyunah’s brown eyes, and he thought – hoped – that Hyunah saw the same. Jonghyun absently bid his uncles good bye, so also to his friends. He didn’t need to look back at the ice rink to know that Jiyoon was on the verge of crying. But when Hyunah linked arms with him he strangely totally forgot about Jiyoon and that maybe he should go back and apologize for his outrage. Jiyoon had been awfully rude too so he wasn’t going to be the first one to apologize.

 

Jiyoon stood there as applauds gradually silenced and the other people began skating on their own again. She watched with a broken heart how Jonghyun left the rink with Hyunah and didn’t even turn back to meet her eyes. Minyoung saw her dongsaeng’s miserable face and wobbly skated up to her.

  • Hey, sweetie. What’s the matter?
  • N-nothing. Just, a small fight… you know? Twins d-do that a-a-at times. Jiyoon fought back her tears and it took her bit of self control she had.
  • Oh honey! Minyoung put her arms around the hapless girl and hushed on her.
  • Can I stay, at your apartment for some time? Jiyoon quietly asked, looking up from Minyoung’s shoulder.

Minyoung sighed and smiled. She patted Jiyoon’s head and told her to get her to the side so they could talk. Jiyoon managed to get the stiff Minyoung to the side, something that isn’t easy when the person you are towing is almost doing everything they can to work against you. They sat down on the side and Minyoung gave out a sigh of relief to be off the ice.

  • That is one of the reasons to why I came today, Yoonie.
  • What?
  • Unnie is going away to USA to study, for a year. I’m leaving tomorrow.

Jiyoon’s entire world collapsed. Was her unnie going to leave her, in this state?! She felt tears b in the corners of her eyes but she furiously pushed them back. Instead, she got angry.

  • Ok, great. Have fun. Don’t forget to send me a post card. Jiyoon gave Minyoung a hug from the side and abruptly stood up. Suddenly Jiyoon was gone.
  • Aish, what do I do now?  

 

~~~~~~

 

Please comment and subscribe! :D

 

//LOve Tackra <33