School Peers

Such a Beautiful Lie 2 - Starting Again

Jiyoon and Jonghyun jumped off the bus fifteen minutes before school gates were closed. Jonghyun had as always fallen asleep during the ride and walked dazed off the bus. With slow steps they managed up to the locker rooms where they met Key, Taemin, Minho and Jinki. They were in first hand Jonghyun’s friends, but since Jiyoon was quite lonely in school she often hung out with them. Even though her age told her she was fifteen years old she still enjoyed playing and joking during recess. The closest to playing she got was soccer and basketball and she liked the way guys joked with each other. The other girls in school weren’t mean or anything; they just didn’t share the same interests as Jiyoon did. 

  • Hi, twins! Jinki waved at them. It was always easier to say the “twins” instead of bothering too much air to say both their names.
  • Hey, sup? Jonghyun nodded and hugged his friends.
  • Hi. Jiyoon made a small wave from behind her brother and smiled.
  • Hi, cutie! Key sang and went over to her. He put his arm around her neck and hugged her close from the side.
  • How is my princess doing today? All good?
  • Well, just like normally. Nothing new really.
  • I guess that means good then? He winked at her.   
  • Yah, stop flirting with my sis! Jonghyun pulled Jiyoon to his side and stuck up his chin protectively.

Key held up his hands in defeat. The other guys laughed at how Jonghyun always managed to scare him. Key immediately put on his macho mask and totally denied the fact.

  • Well you always stop when oppa tells you to stop? It was Jiyoon’s time to wink. Key blushed from the fact that his fear was exposed and stuttered that they should get to class.

They all laughed but agreed with him. They followed Key down the hallway up to the second floor. Door by door they dropped off each other. Taemin was the first one to since he was the youngest he had to stay on the first floor. Key and Jonghyun had the same math class, Jinki started day off with biology and Minho also had math but in another class. That left Jiyoon to alone walk to her class which was Korean language. It was her favorite subject since she loved writing.

 

Junsu and Ri In lazily rolled over in bed. They had shared a nice relaxation in the morning but now when waking up again, their bodies didn’t feel all too well-rested.

  • Chagiya… Junsu softly called Ri In’s name. Ri In groaned and turned. She snuggled closer to Junsu’s chest and pulled the covers over her head in a lame attempt to shut Junsu’s voice out.
  • Come on, we better get ready. You already had a sleep in!
  • Don’t want to…!

Junsu just laughed and laughed harder when Ri In popped out her head from beneath the covers: her hair was messy, her face a bit swollen and the neck showed evidence of their morning activity. They tumbled out of bed and went into the bathroom together. To save on the water bill, of course.

 

  • Ok class, listen up! Choi Siwon songsaengnim clapped his hands together to get the noisy class shut up.

Eventually the volume dropped and everyone was looking at the teacher.

  • From now on we will have a new student here in out math class, please do come in.

The door was slowly opened and showed a petite girl. She quietly stepped into the classroom and stood by Choi’s side. He nodded in encouragement to her and smiled.

  • W-well, hi… my name is Kim Hyunah and I am going to attend this class with you. Hope we can be friends! She quickly bowed to hide her blush. All the guys gave out a loud “naw” which made her blush even more.

Jonghyun silently checked the new girl out. She was cute, short and didn’t look to be his age.

  • Have you got any, eh, questions?
  • I do! Jonghyun raised his hand. Choi nodded to him to begin. Are you a newly transferred student or something, ‘cause I haven’t seen you before?
  • No, I am 14 so I normally go downstairs. That’s why you haven’t seen me around.
  • So you’re like a math genius? Nam Jihyun on the first row asked.
  • I am good with numbers and so…?
  • Good, then you can sit right here and help me! She patted the empty seat by her side and smiled brightly. Just call us all unnie and oppa, araso?
  • Neh, unnie. Hyunah smiled and sat down by her side.

For the remaining time of the class Jonghyun couldn’t stop looking at the new girl. She was so cute and those legs were killing him! Key noticed his friend’s constant stare and smiled to himself. Seemed like Jonghyun had finally found a girl besides his sister to socialize with.

 

Jiyoon was deeply focused on her grammar assignments when suddenly the bell rang for recess. She didn’t want to go just yet. All the other students hurried out of the room to take use of as much as possible of the fifteen minutes break. Wang songsaengnim smiled from her position by the black board. She had a feeling that one day Kim Jang Jiyoon would be a best-selling author. Whenever she was given a writing assignment Wang songsaengnim lost herself in either the imagination of the young student’s mind or the graceful sentences and words neatly tied up to a straight A essay.

  • Jiyoon ah, close the door when you leave, araso?

Jiyoon, a bit startled, looked up from her note book and nodded after she had comprehended the request. Wang songsaengnim left the class room and Jiyoon was sitting there by herself. Usually Jonghyun would come and pick her up before next class.

 

  • So, you feel nervous being up here with the “big guys”? Jonghyun stood right outside the classroom in front of the new girl Kim Hyunah. Hyunah blushed from the closeness of this older boy and nodded barely noticeable.
  • It is quite scary actually. We have all sorts of stories about how it is up here… her voice trailed off in a small chuckle. It was the cutest laughter Jonghyun ever heard.
  • Hey, why don’t you tag along and meet my twin sis? I’m sure she would love you!
  • But I shouldn’t…?
  • Nah, don’t worry about it! They won’t notice.

Hyunah agreed and followed her new class mate far down the hallway. They met up with Jinki and Minho and they all went to pick Jiyoon up. Key had gym class and had to go change before they started, much to his disappointment. The truth was that he actually liked Jiyoon, maybe a bit more than as a friend. He was sure everyone knew but still he hadn’t confessed openly to her yet.      

 

They kept walking to the classroom at the end of the floor. Jonghyun softly knocked on the open door as he stood there in the opening. He loved to see his little sister entirely into her own world full of grammar, spelling and strange words that gave a perfect shape of Jiyoon’s imagination. Ever since they were little Jiyoon had written stories for Jonghyun to read or she would directly tell spooky ones late at night when they were sitting on Jonghyun’s bed with only a flashlight to keep the ghosts away. This was Jiyoon’s sport. No one would ever be able to beat her in anything that had to do with language.

  • Can we come in? Jonghyun broke the silence but Jiyoon didn’t look up.
  • You seem different oppa? Jiyoon didn’t look up from her book.
  • I-I don’t know what ‘cha talking about? He quickly rubbed the back of his head and had an unsure grin on his face.

Hyunah stood by the side and looked at the twins. They weren’t as similar as she had thought but you could tell they were family from the way they acted. Hyunah saw how their eyes met and how they immediately connected. Who knows what was said between those eyes? Jiyoon stood up however and collected her stuff.

  • Where are your manners, oppa? Who is this? Jiyoon stood in front of Hyunah and inspected her.
  • Oh, mian. This is Kim Hyunah. She is a first floorer but takes maths up here and she happened to end up in my class! He placed an arm around Hyunah’s shoulders and smiled at both her and his sister.
  • Cool. I’m Jiyoon. Twin to the one groping you at the moment.

Everyone got the message except for Hyunah. Jonghyun quickly took his arm from Hyunah’s shoulders and looked away.

 

Jiyoon was jealous. This Kim Hyunah was pretty, smart and had that cute image Jiyoon almost couldn’t stand. But worst of all: she was taking Jonghyun away from her.

 

Hyunah not really noticing the tension beamed up:

  • Can I call you unnie? 


~~

//LOve Tackra <33