The Rival’s Declaration of Love

Nae Yeoja Nappa (My Bad Girl)

 chapter twenty-two 

 the rival's declaration of love

 

________________________________________

 

YongJoo's POV

He's here. Whaa! Eottokhae? Should I just say hi or ignore him?

"YongJoo." He smiled. Why is he so handsome?

"Hello, Minhyuk." I smiled.

"I like your English accent," he beamed. "Where's your husband?"

"Husband?" He must be reffering to JinYoung. "Mwoya? He's not besides, we're not together anymore."

"Wae?" He bowed his head. "I didn't mean to ask."

"Huh? It's alright and nothing serious happened."

"Now, can you date someone without him hurting a guy?" He joked. I just smiled. I don't feel.anything with him. I'm more nervous when talking with JinYoung.

"YongJoo, can we eat lunch tomorrow?" He asked me. I'm happy but I don't feel excited. Why? "But I don't think you'll agree where I we will eat."

 

JinYoung's POV

"JinYoung," she smiled.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I heard that you and YongJoo broke up."

"What is it for you?" Why can't you be a gentleman?

"Nothing. I just thought if you're looking for a girl. A pretty girl like her." Jiwon twirled the ends of her hair.

"I want a smart girl." I looked up and down on her. "Aren't you embarrassed of yourself? You're a girl but you're the one who—"

"Stop! Can't you love a girl other than Shin YongJoo?" She cried. Love? Shin YongJoo? JinYoung, Jiwon is pretty but YongJoo hates her. She stomped away and looked back at me, "Miwo!"

 

YongJoo's POV

"Gwenchana." Is he going to eat at the dump?

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Where do you eat lunch?"

"I want to talk you so I decide to eat at the fire exit, second floor. I go there when I want to be alone."

I laughed unexpectedly. He is very funny. "Mianhae. It's just that, it's cute because we're already talking privately."

"Oh. I'm not ready today to tell you that." He smiled. "If you want, just meet me tomorrow after you eat lunch."

"Ani. I'd like to eat lunch with you." Did I hurt his feelings?

"Jeongmal?" He must be really happy. I'm happy too but not as happy as him.

 

JinYoung's POV

I still can't forget what happened yesterday. I hurt a girl, even if it's Park Jiwon. Speaking of the devil... She passed our room. Should I apologize to her? If that's a true man's doing...

"Hyung, let's finish this so we can eat." Sandeul poked me with his pen.

"Sandeul, if you hurt a girl you and your friends hate so much, will you still apologize?"

"Wether it's physical or emotional, yes, I will." He pouted. "Yah. Baegopaso."

Aish! Instead of thinking about that, do your seatwork.

"Park Jiwon." I called the girl without looking at her. I'm getting something in my locker. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to hurt a girl."

"Gwenchana. I'm used to it, especially if it's you."

I caught up with the group. Something or, should I say, someone is missing. I don't want to ask. I'll wait for them to talk about her.

"Where's Yoongie unnie?" Sunghee asked. Thank you for asking.

"Baro-yah! You're with her." CNU said.

"Molla. All I know is she went to the restroom."

"She'll come back." Gongchan uttered. "See."

"Sorry." She ran. "I have to do something so I'm not going to eat with you. I hope you understand."

"Yeah. Just go." Baro said while his mouth us full. "Enjoy."

"What are you going to do?" CNU asked.

"Do you have to ask?" She scowled. "I'll go."

After she is gone at our table, CNU nudges me with his elbow. He mouthed, "Follow her."

I shook my head. "Let her."

I followed her with my eyes. She stopped at Soobin's table but she didn't seat. Chatting. She stayed for a minute. I hope they wouldn't notice.

"I'll go to the restroom." I stood up and followed her to the door. I walked slowly behind her. I hope she won't notice me. Fire exit? Why?

 

YongJoo's POV

It's easier to go up here. What are those? I ran to the stairs. Roses?

"Minhyuk?" I yelled.

'Read: Get all the roses.'

Mwoya?

'My cold heart started melting,' said the note stuck with the first rose on the stairs.

I get and read the roses with notes.

'You came in to my heart'

'And secretly filled my heart with you'

'I don’t know exactly when'

'But I found myself thinking of you'

'When I get back home'

'Maybe you’re the one'

'Maybe Probably'

'Probably you are'

'The other half I was waiting for'

'Maybe it is true'

'I guess I didn’t know'

'Because you were too close to me'

'Baby I’m in love with you'

'I hope it’s not too late'

'I hope you accept my feelings that I just realized'

'Although I realized it late,'

'Although I just realized it'

'This feeling for you will not change'

The last rose and stuck on the door to the rooftop.

'Baby I’m in love with you'

I opened the door and saw him sitting with a ribbon.

"Minhyukkie," I called out. He likes me too.

"You came," he smiled cheerfully. It was the sweetest smile I've ever seen. He gave me the ribbon and tied the roses in my hand. "Can I know what you feel? It's alright if you'll hurt me. I just want to know what you really feel about me."

I opened my mouth and closed it. I opened it again to say something.

"I know you're not used to this because boys who confess to you are afraid to do this." He beamed. I know it's strained.

 

JinYoung's POV

I ran hurriedly to the fire exit at second floor.

Are those? It couldn't be roses. Someone is confessing to her. But, she doesn't care to those. Why does she look happy?

 

YongJoo's POV

"I do like you." I continued, "But, I don’t think I feel the way you do."

"Shin YongJoo." He bowed his head. Why did I say that? He's the boy you like that's why you chose to leave JinYoung.

"Mianhae." I bit my lower lip.

"Yah!" He held my hands. "But we can still date, right? Maybe your feelings will change."

He stared directly at me. "Can we go out?"

Say yes. Say yes. Say yes.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

»  what will be her answer? if she says yes, what about jinyoung's wish?