New Life Without Him

Nae Yeoja Nappa (My Bad Girl)

 chapter twent-one 

 new life without him

 

________________________________________

 

YongJoo's POV

I don't need to tell what happen during summer break, right? It's really boring except when I met three amazing girls from my school. They're Cho Sunghee, Song Haneul and Ko Minsuk. They cover dance and songs from different group. They are already practicing even if they were just in eight and seventh grade. We formed our group and called it Sweet♥Hearts™.

Today is the first day of the 2nd semester. We only have our performing arts classes two hours a day. Now, I'm back from being a ninth grader. It's a better way to forget SooYeon and JinYoung.

I thought I'm going to get a seat with Minhyuk but I got stuck with Baro.

"Nice seating with you here," he mumbled as we sat down. Our seats are in the first row and first column, near the door, that's why Baro is happy, somehow. "But we're near the door."

So far, I have no enemies in the room unless; there is someone or a group of people secreting hating me.

The day happens so fast even if it's boring. During the lunch break? Well, as usual, I ate with B1A4 and Sweet♥Heart. JinYoung and I didn't talk, even a bit. He's like he didn't notice me. Aish! Why am I talking about him?

"Yah! You're not going to sign?" ShinWoo oppa asked me. Sports fest is next week and they are signing for the contests.

"You know I hate sports," I scoffed.

"Aish! ShinWoo, you know she's just for cheering," JinYoung smiled. At last, he noticed me standing a few feet in front of him. "Just let her."

"Yoongie is for our beauty pageant," Baro added. Aish.

"There is no way I'm going to enter that cheap beauty contest!" I yelled. I heard many people gasped especially those who are in my left. I looked at them. They are the girls who are about to sign for the annual contest. Ridiculous. "What are you looking at?"

Some of the girls went away at the line while some of them stayed while pressing their own lips together.

"Are you scared of losing?" Jiwon faced me.

"Ani." I proudly answered. "Of course, when I enter that contest, I will surely win. Look at those confident but cheap girls. They are very confident about winning and don't care about their image. Beauty contests degrade the image quality of a woman. Some of you are just after the consolation prizes, am I correct? They just ask the contestants some nonsense question thar every smart woman can answer."

"Yah! YongJoo-ah," ShinWoo called me down.

"YongJoo, why'd you do that?' Sandeul asked.

"I'm just being honest."

Seriously, the next day, the school welcomed me with the girls' glares and silence. I'm very thankful that I have eight awesome friends, plus my brother.

"Yah! YongJoo-ah," Soobin called me. Well, ten now. Soobin became my friend now. "Did you already know?"

"Only three students entered the contest. I think they're going to cancel it." Jinjjayo?

"Did you enter?" I asked. I know her, she won't.

"Ani," she shook her head. "You know me. Even if I'm pretty."

I chuckled. "Can I guess who those three people are?"

"Ne."

"Jiwon and her minions?" She nodded. "That shameless animal."

As usual, if I tell something true that will hurt most people, I'm staying in the office. Thank goodness, it's not the principal. It's just the P.E. teacher of the seniors and the administrator of Sports Festival.

"Did the truth hurts?"

"Hush, YongJoo," Ms. WooYeon sighed.

"Even if it's the truth, you shouldn't have said that." The teacher said while the admin eyed him.

"I didn't know that they heard it." I calmly said. "It's not my fault if they're eavesdropping at our conversation. Jiwon and I. Hey. But don't call Jiwon, ara? She didn't do anything."

"Ms. Choi, what's our plan?"

"We'll extend the date of sign-ups."

"What if we didn't still make it?"

"What if we just—" I stopped. "Is it wrong to suggest ny opinion? Mian."

"Let's hear it." Ms. WooYeon agreed.

"Instead of just holding a contest, let's just make a popularity contest."

"You'll win."

"Ani. There will be people excluded because they're already popular. This contest is for those people who are not recognized that much but do her best to be recognize." They stared at me blankly. Stupid people or it's me? "For example, there was this girl, let's say JiEun is her name. JiEun isn't that popular but she has this pretty face, which she hides behind her thick glasses. The crowd doesn't notice her that much because she spent most of her time studying."

They looked so hooked up. They said in unison, "Then?"

"Then we build this contest where we will watch every classroom with our CCTVs. We will keep the contest secret so no one will pretend that they work so much hard. We noticed her spending most of her time in library. We also noticed a different girl with different stories. Since their stories are stood up, we will observe them during our final day of judging. We saw JiEun won a sport while the other girl didn't join. JiEun wins the contest. She'll receive a makeover so the whole school will see her beauty. So?"

"The purpose of this contest is good."

"Andwae. Waste of time." Mr. Hong, the teacher yelled.

"Sir," the admin said.

"Gwenchana, even if I wasted my precious time and energy. Just think about it." I stood up. "But incase you are going to approve it, please don't acknowledge my name for making the contest and I want to be a sponsor."

 

 

*NB'S POV

The three adults followed YongJoo with their eyes.

"Jinjjayo." The admin sighed. "Why did she become kind all of a sudden?"

"She didn't sound sound like Shin YongJoo." Ms. WooYeon's eyes are still wide opened. "She's a snob. She doesn't care about those regular students."

"She even wants to be the sponsor." Mr. Hong said.

'What if we give her a booth in school fest?"

"And what? Sell homes and real estate’s like her family do?" Mr. Hong yelled. I admit that her idea is good.

 

JinYoung's POV

"Yah! Hyung, instead of being quiet, why don't we date pretty girls?" Baro nudges me.

"What are you talking about?" Aish. I don't have time to date, ara?

"Is it about YongJoo?" Sandeul grinned.

"Ani." YongJoo? What did they eat to think about that selfish girl? She will not care about the things around her, whatever I do. I thought fake dating her will change her.

"JinYoung hyung, tons of girls are dying to date you. Imagine this. They are just making a letter for you but they already faint. What if you date them? They will die."

"You are over-acting." I laughed. I wonder if Yong— Aish! She is not an ordinary girl. Besides, she likes Minhyuk and not the more or most popular and more handsome Jung JinYoung.

"Hyung, there are many pretty girls out there. For example, Sweet♥Hearts. You already saw five pretty girls." Baro said.

"Speaking of that group, Baro-yah be honest, do you have anyone you like there?" Sandeul asked with his red face.

"Uhmm," he giggled like a girl. "All of them to be honest, including Yoongie."

Yoongie? Why do they kept on talking about her?

"Yah! JinYoung hyung will kill you," I gave them a sharp glare.

Baro whispered something to him. What is that?

"How about you Sandeul? Who is the girl you like in YongJoo's group?"

"All of them." He laughed. "Including Shin YongJoo, JinYoungie hyung's ex-girlfriend."

"It's not that you had a crush on Yoongie when we were in the sixth grade, it doesn't mean—"

"Yah! I regret that. When we were in the seventh grade, you kissed her, right?"

Jinjja? Baro kissed her.

"Mwo?" Baro blushed. Sandeul kept on laughing. "Yah! I only did that because they told me to. Our class wouldn't get an A I didn't."

"But you still took her first kiss."

“That’s my first, too.”

I balled my fist in annoyance. She didn't tell me.

I stood up and left the room.

"Hyung!" They yelled.

I want a private place where I can punch the wall. Right! Lockers.

I angrily hit the wall with my fist. Why am I acting like this? You chose to kiss her. Don't be mad JinYoung.

"JinYoung?"

I quickly turned around to see her face.

 

YongJoo's POV

He's here. Whaa! Eottokhae? Should I just say hi or ignore him?

"YongJoo." He smiled.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

»  comment. comment ^o^ JEBAL!!! OTL