chapter 44

MS. MISTER

 

Minhyun's POV

"Do you want to go get some ice cream? There's a new ice cream shop that just opened up," Yooyoung asked excitedly five minutes before lunch ended. 

"Um... I have practice. I can't go," I hesitantly refused her offer. Her face fell, and I immediately felt awful. It wasn't my fault though! I can't stand being around Yooyoung for more hours than I needed! 

A few weeks ago, Ren suddenly stopped sitting with me, walking with me to school, and basically all in all talking to me! She only said the occasional "Hi" during vocal or dance sessions... Not to mention she's hanging out with Zelo all the time!!

GAHHH!!! I'm going to die of worry before I debut. She better not be giving herself away! 

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to talk to Ren now! I NEED to know if she's done any stupid things!

"Arraso, which one are you going to first? Dance or vocal?" Yooyoung asked.

Uh oh, I've heard this question before. She's going to start following me everywhere again. Doesn't she have her own schedule?!

"Um, dance?" I lied. 

"Okay then," she grinned. I cringed, because she was so trusting. 

"Yeah, we should head back to class now," I chuckled nervously. Omo, this is actually the first time I've ever lied to her about this. 

 "You're SO right! You're such a good student, Minhyun-ah!" Yooyoung sighed in admiration. I pretended as if I hadn't heard that. When we entered the classroom, Ren was laughing with Zelo and Jongup about something in the corner of the room. I don't know what it was, but I felt jealous. There was Ren, having the time of her life, and here I was, stuck with Yooyoung. 

"They're so loud," Yooyoung shook her head, glaring at Ren. She seemed to do that a lot, Ren didn't even do anything to her! The guilt I had felt before vanished. 

"Actually, I want to see what they're doing," I made my way over to the three people.

"NO! I mean, you can't! Class is going to start in a minute! We might as well grab a seat close to the front row, right?" Yooyoung pulled on my arm. 

I took one last look at the three, and then let Yooyoung drag me to the front. 

________________________

"I can go with you to dance session, right?" Yooyoung flipped her ponytail. 

"Uh...," I tried to find a way to break my refusal down for her.

"Oh! Thanks oppa!" She grinned, hugging my arm. Okay, let's get this straight. When did I become her oppa?!

"I-I have to use the bathroom," I shook her off and started walking in the bathroom's general direction.

"Arraso, I'll wait for you at the front gate," she giggled, skipping off. 

Once she was out of sight, I immediately veered off course into the direction of the back gate. Hopefully, Yooyoung would think I just had to do the number three or something, and then she'll go home without me. 

Maybe I'll text Mr. Han about getting Yooyoung back on schedule instead of letting her follow me around the whole time. 

YESS!!! I'M FREEE!!!! 

___________________

Yooyoung's POV

WHERE IS MINHYUN?! I've been waiting forever! I pulled out my phone and checked it again. 

I've been waiting here for an hour. 

What was he doing?! 

BZZZZZT!!!

My phone vibrated. It turned out to be a text from Mr. Han.

Hey Yooyoung! 

You can't keep following Minhyun around all day, you know! You have stuff to do; that's why you're a trainee! Hello Venus trainees are going to vocal sessions first, so you should move your and get over there NOW! You can't slack off!!

-Mr. Han

Ren-I mean Minki- must've tattled on me! She's such a party pooper! Oh well, I'll go catch Minhyun later then. 

I typed a long apologetic text to Minhyun about how I wouldn't be able to stay any longer and had to go to training now. I hope he doesn't hate me for it, because I tried my best to be by his side and help him with everything.

I took the subway. I would've taken the subway, but I had most of my money on buying Minhyun stuff. 

The subway was so crowded!! There were so many old ahjummas and ahjusshies! A few young couples cuddled and held cutely hands. I hoped I could be with Minhyun like that one day. 

Finally, after ten minutes, I reached my stop and hopped off. It took me another ten minutes to walk over to the vocal sessions, and my legs were already aching. I'm so unfit; I guess it's time I should start working out. 

When I got to my room, the unnis seemed surprised to see me. 

"Mianhe, I'm late," I bowed to the instructor. The teacher sighed and told me to sit down. 

"Yooyoung! You came! I didn't think you'd come, since you kept on following that Minhyun boy around. So, are you guys a thing now?" Yoojo-unni whispered to me as I took a seat next to her. 

"Not yet. One day, though," I giggled. 

"That's the spirit," Yoojo winked. 

After a huge lecture, seonsaeng-nim finally let me off the hook, and he started making me sing some scales. I think he was trying to make me suffer, because he kept on going lower and lower until I couldn't even croak anymore. 

"That's why you come to vocal sessions, Yooyoung-shii. It's so you can sing without sounding like a frog," he scolded me.

"Mianhe," I apologized once again.

After two or three hours of this, he finally let us go. I noticed some boys with platinum blonde hair in the hallway. Isn't that B.A.P? Oh, look! There's Zelo!

"Yah! Zelo!" I called to him. He turned around, his face scrunching us as if he'd heard something ugly. "What are you doing here?"

"Um," he scratched his curly hair, "For vocal lessons. Why else would I be here?"

"Jinja? I didn't know you took lessons here!" I looked down the hallway to see if there was anyone else I knew here. A group of boys were emerging from another room down the hall. 

Isn't that the Nu'est trainees' room? Minhyun told me he had a dance session though... Maybe it's a group who's using the same room. I peered at the group of boys closely, and realized that they WERE Nu'est. Not only that, though. Minhyun was with them. 

No. It can't be.

He...couldn't have lied??? COULD HE?

A bubble of anger and betrayal grew in my chest. Fine, if he wanted to play like that, he could. I'll just play my way too.

"Yah, Zelo," I whispered, gesturing him to lean down, "I have a secret." 



Yay!!! another chapter done!!!

Yeah, I got a chance to update ^.^ 

omo...i got my exams grades back O.O 

AND I DID SO BADLY TT.TT

I'm gunna try to study more....not. 

so i said i'd make this chapter pretty long, rite?? (can't remember....) yeah...about that. whoops.  

anyways, hope you guys liked the chapter and comment!! (and possibly subscribe and upvote *looks at computer hopefully*) -candym0nster