chapter 51

MS. MISTER

 

Minki's POV

"What?!" I spluttered at my phone. 

"Who are you talking to?" Baekho asked. 

"N-no one," I stuttered. 

"Liar, you're talking to your phone. You know, you're weird," Baekho grinned, turning around in his seat so that the back rest of the chair lay between his legs, "You talk to your phone. I've seen people talk through the phone to talk to other people, but you talk to it."

Look at who's talking, Mr. I-can't-sleep-without-choking-a-pillow.

We were at our dorm, and everyone was in their rooms chilling out and finishing their homework. In two hours, we would have to go to the vocal sessions and the dance sessions to review over our stuff. We were going to debut on stage soon. 

"I'm just looking at stuff," I shrugged, placing my phone back on my bed and picking up a school book.

"Jinja?" Baekho raised an eyebrow, then swooped the phone up in an instant. "Omo, what's this?! You're GOING ON A DA-"

"SHHHHHH!!!" I slammed his face with my pillow. "Dude, shut up! And no, I didn't even say yes!" 

A few weeks had gone by since the Yooyoung incident, and she's not threatening my identity anymore. She and Minhyun went on a date to Lotte World a week ago, and let's just say that Minhyun looked thoroughly exhausted and was about to puke. I hadn't even thought twice about dating until I got this text from Zelo.

Yah, Minki-ah! Since we're a couple, we should go on a date!! Do you wanna go, or are you too busy? -Zelo

"Are you going to go?" Baekho's eyes rounded. "It's almost like Mr. Han's a fortune teller or something! I mean, he told us we could have a day off this Saturday!" 

"Uh- I don't know. I might just want to stay home and relax. Plus, we're probably going to go to Lotte World or something. That's where EVERYONE goes! I've been to that darn place a million times with Jonghun! And remember? I'm a boy right now! How could a boy go on a date with a boy? And Zelo's in BAP, remember? If he's caught going out on a date with some other guy, then wouldn't the BAP fandom die a bit?? It's bad for business for the two of us," I shook my head. 

"Wah~ That's a lot of questions. I haven't even thought that far. Let's go ask Jonghyun and Minhyun!" Baekho grinned, running over to the next room.

I got up to chase after him. "Yah! What are you doing?! Not everyone knows my-"

"Ren-ah, relax," Baekho winked as he reentered the our room with Minhyun and Jonghyun. "He's sleeping right now."

"Aaron reminds me of my old man. They're always sleeping the moment they touch their beds," Jonghyun shook his head. 

"So why are we here?" Minhyun asked. 

"Ren's been asked out on a date by Zelo!" Baekho squealed. 

"Jinja?!" Minhyun looked taken aback. Then a fatherly expression replaced the surprised look, "Yah! Over my dead body! You're too young to be dating, Ren!"

"Yah! You're as old as I am, and you went on a date with Yooyoung!" I shot back, a bit annoyed.

"But that was to cheer her up! So technically it wasn't a date," Minhyun huffed.

"A date's a date," Jonghyun shook his head. "Stop making excuses. I think you should go," Jonghyun grinned. "Actually, can I join the two of you? It's been a long time since I've really spoken to Zelo. He's really funny~"

"Are you talking about the time you messed around with him?? Dude, right now, I'm pretty sure you're gay," I glared at Jonghyun. 

"Whaaaaaat?!?!?! I'm not!!! I just think he's funny!!!" Jonghyun cracked up. "Do you remember when we went to the movie and I pinched his face?! He looked like he had the the Godzilla!!" 

"Well, if it's a date, then of course you're not coming!" I snapped. 

"So how long have you guys been together?" Baekho asked. 

"Hm, I don't even know. I guess it's been a few weeks, but we haven't really done anything except act like guys together... so... " I trailed off.

"Tsk tsk," Baekho shook his head. Then he grabbed my cellphone. "I'd. Love. To. Go~ Let's. Go. Somewhere. Cool!!! From Minki. Send~"

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!" I lunged for my phone.

"Acting out the role of the Love Doctor~" Baekho sang. "Girl, we're going to dress you up, and make you change so much that people won't even recognize you!"

"What?!" I squeaked.

"I call being in charge of the clothes!" Minhyun called out.

"I call makeup!" Baekho grinned.

"So what am I, then?" Jonghyun demanded. "Her perfume or something?!"

"I guess so," Baekho grinned. 

"Just don't make me look like a clown," I sighed. 

_______________________________

The day before the date

"Okay guys," Baekho clapped his hands together. "I declare the theme to be innocence."

"What?! No!! Let's do y!" Jonghyun groaned.

"Yah! Are you going to make Ren wear some slinky dress?! Plus she's flat, so there's really nothing to show off," Minhyun shook his head.

"I'm right here you know, so I think I should have a say," I spoke up, but was immediately pushed out of the conversation. What the heck is with these dudes? They're guys, for goodness sakes!!! Why the heck are they all excited over clothes and makeup and perfume?!

"How about a casual outfit? Something cute! Oh yeah, we might have to give her a wig, so no one can recognize her," Minhyun  suggested. 

"Well, her hair's blonde right now. Maybe we should give her some long straight brown hair, and maybe put loose curls at the end?" Jonghyun asked. Since when was he a stylist.

"Let's give her some of those huge nerdy glasses too!" Baekho grinned. 

"Wait, how is it possible to be cute and nerdy?" I snorted.

"Being a nerd doesn't mean you're a loser," Baekho answered. "It just means you're smart."

"Which is totally opposite of what she actually is," Minhyun snorted.

"Yah!" I threatened to beat him up.

"Actually, I call changing the theme to punk!" Minhyun yelped.

I rolled my eyes.

"I like the casual girl concept better," Jonghyun insisted. "But I'm still saying y is the best."

When will this be over?

___________________________

The day of the date

"Okay Minki-ah, close those huge eyes of yours~" Baekho sang.

"Yah! Don't you DARE mess up!!" I growled, shutting my eyes. 

"Arraso, arraso! You've said that so many times! I've done this before, so it's okay," Baekho traced my eyes with eyeliner. Wait... He's done makeup before??? Okay, that says a lot about him, doesn't it...

"Don't put too much eyeliner on her," Jonghyun warned. 

"What kind of perfume are you using on her?" Minhyun asked, and I heard a spritz of perfume. A light sweet and cottony scent filled the air.

"I like it," Minhyun sniffed the air.

"I still regret not choosing the Midnight Kiss perfume," Jonghyun sighed.

"Yah! What's with you and the y theme?!" Minhyun spluttered. 

"Guys, please shut up. I'm trying not to screw up here," Baekho finished tracing my eyes. "Okay, open your eyes up now."

I've never worn makeup before, and I swear Baekho put way too much eyeliner, because my eyelids felt really heavy.

"Wah~ You look pretty! Jjang!" Baekho grinned at his handiwork. 

"Pretty good," Jonghyun nodded.

"Looks okay," Minhyun agreed, then showed me my outfit. 

My first reaction: Oh boy.

Second reaction: Does he really think I'm going to wear this??

Third reaction: .... Okay... I didn't really expect that they would actually get me a wig. 

When Minhyun said casual, I thought maybe a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Instead, I got some freaking short light blue jean shorts, and a loose tank top that had a picture of some woman on it. The wig was as the boys had discussed it to be, long brown with loose curls at the end. To my surprise, it also had bangs that were long enough to cover mine. There was a huge floppy hat, the kind you would imagine some girl going on a picnic to wear, and then there were the sandals which weren't that bad. Okay okay, I've seen girls in even weirder outfits, but for me, who has pranced around in baggy boy hand-me-down clothes for most of my life, this was a bit of a shock. 

"Well? Aren't you going to put it on?" Minhyun asked.

"I'm not changing in front of you guys, you know," I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay okay," Minhyun sighed, then he and the boys exited the room. 

After slipping on outfit, I realized how comfortable it felt compared to how it actually looked... except for the fact I felt my legs were a bit too exposed, and I instinctively pulled my knees together and pulled my tank top as low as it would go. Then I stuffed on the wig and the hat, stepped into the sandals, and spritzed some perfume on. 

"Okay! You guys can come in!" I opened the door. 

They boys just stared at me. 

"Minki-ah! What are you doing?! Why are you standing like that?" Baekho cracked up.

"Shut up," I muttered.

"And your wig!" Baekho was rolling around on the ground now.

Minhyun sighed, "Minki. Let me give you some fashion advice, which is kind of sad since I'm a guy. First, stand up straight, and don't stand awkwardly like that. Tuck in the front of the tank into your pants, and let the back hang loose, because the shirt is designed for that." Then he walked over to me and adjusted my wig.

"Yup, I think you're ready," Jonghyun winked. 

 



Hope you guys liked the chapter and comment!! <3-candym0nster