7.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone was in shock. The Crown Prince had killed multiple guards, including their Commander named Ji Heon. But it was also fury reigning over the palace, as everyone couldn't believe that their Crown Prince was behind all of this.

Funny enough, no one blamed Taekwoon for it since he had no idea about Ji Heon's whereabouts and would've tried to defend Ji Heon. There was only one Minister who blamed it on Taekwoon, but his opinion was shut down since no one backed him up.

Taekwoon was still staying at the palace and sat together with Daehyun and Junghwa in a room. Taekwoon still was in shock about what happened, because this wasn't what he expected. Aside from Daehyun and Junghwa, Taekwoon had no one to talk to when it came to his feelings about his twin brother and what misery it brought along with it. And now that Ji Heon was gone, his save haven was gone. 

Taekwoon's eyes were red from crying and he was still surrounded by the arms of both Daehyun and Junghwa. The three of them were shocked to learn how Leo had slaughtered Ji Heon and how Leo wanted to slaughter Taekwoon that way.

But it had made Leo realize what the true nature of vampires was and why they were funny enough loved by the people instead of humans fearing them. But he couldn't detect any emotions, so Leo had no idea how to feel about this other than feeling mad. But self reflection? What even was that? Leo had to learn through his mother, the Queen, about human emotions.

And what about the warlock? After he saw the warlock in tears about Ji Heon's death, it woke him up. He was mad at this warlock for looking like him, but he now realized that being a twin wasn't something that could be influenced. 

But why was his twin a warlock, while he was a vampire? There was no way that he was born that way, so something must've happened with him during or after he was born. He had to get the pieces together, but would the warlock want to speak with him ever since Leo was the one who attacked his twin?

Leo still found it crazy that this warlock looked identical to him. People were talking trash onto him like they did to other warlocks, yet this warlock wasn't dazed. In fact, this warlock was kept away from Leo's grasp out of the warlock's safety.

"Eunha!" Leo yelled.

A gungyeo named Eunha entered his room and bowed when she was close enough. 

"Please find the warlock and bring him here. I wanna talk to him." Leo ordered.

Eunha bowed and left the room. Leo knew by now that he ruined it and blamed the hatred for this. Hatred for someone who couldn't help it to look like him. Leo fell victim to hating on a curse so easily, he wanted to be embarassed if he could.

In the mean time, the Queen showed up to his room and expressed her anger to him. She was mad at him for hating someone like Taekwoon, while he killed so many of his own people. 

Leo remained silent. He tried to feel any sadness or regret, but he couldn't as a vampire. And he also had no idea how he had to make up to this warlock, who happened to be his twin.

"Your Highness, the High Warlock has arrived." a gungyeo announced.

"Let him in." Leo responded.

The doors opened and in walked Taekwoon. It was just him by himself and was not accompanied by those other warlocks who were with him shortly after the fight with his twin came to an end.

'High Warlock' went through his head on a loop. Was his twin a High Warlock? What made him so powerful to knock Leo out of his hate? Leo was confused.

Taekwoon bowed to the Queen and took a seat on the pillow next to her. He made eye contact with the prince and it felt uncomfortable. Not because of the monster he was, but because of the prince looking identical to him. It was weird to see his twin and to look into the same face as his own.

It was still pretty heavy on Taekwoon to no longer see Ji Heon around. Ji Heon even cared more about him than he did about the prince, Ji Heon said that to Taekwoon personally and Taekwoon remembered it until today.

"It's a shame we never have gotten a chance to learn more about you, since our son had to interrupt that moment with something hidious. I deeply apologize for this." the Queen said, before turning to Leo.

Leo sighed and looked down for a second, but kept looking at the warlock in fron of him once he brought his eyes back up. Was he the High Warlock they talked about? What was the reason the other one stepped down? It barely happened that a High Warlock had to step down for whatever reason, but it happened for sure.

"They say that you're my twin brother, but you are so different. I don't understand, I have so many questions." Leo said.

His warlock twin had long black hair, with a greyish shade through it, up into a ponytail at the back of his head. Leo himself had blonde hair and although it was required to be long to fit into these royal hairpins, he actually loved the way his twin was rocking his hair. What else did warlocks possess that he didn't have as a vampire?

"I am, Your Majesty. It's just I never knew about having a twin brother, until these rumors were spreading like wildfire. I didn't want to know anything of it, because I thought it was weird to have someone who looked like you." Taekwoon answered, looking stern.

After the murder on Ji Heon, Taekwoon felt like the prince did so on purpose. As if warlocks had to suffer for who they were. Warlocks didn't suffer for anything, but they just laid low to avoid anything scandalous.

"But why are you so different from me? Why am I a vampire and why are you a warlock? I-I just don't get it." Leo cried.

Vampires couldn't lie, so Taekwoon had to assume that he spoke the truth. He looked at the Queen for a second, before turning back to the prince in front of him.

"I was also born as a vampire, just like you. However I was taken away by warlocks at the time our mother wandered through the streets to give you a new home. My DNA was manipulated through magic and so my transformation came to a halt. I do have a few features though. My heart doesn't beat, I can read thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter