10.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting took place for two hours now. The Ministers couldn't agree on Taekwoon's presence and the fact that the King, the Crown Prince and the Minister of Internal Affairs were defending the warlock, didn't make it any better either.

The King hadn't taken a seat ever since the Ministers questioned Taekwoon. There were still too many Ministers that were against the idea of working with a warlock, yet the King brushed it all off.

He got down onto everyone's level by walking down the stairs and walked towards the twins. He placed his hands on the shoulders of both twins and looked both of them in the eyes. The King then looked around the room and the expression changed from gratitude to anger when looking around.

"Gentlemen, this is why. Once the Crown Prince becomes your new King, the warlock will show up more often for business meetings. That aside, I care about both of them as if they are my own children. Born the same blood, two very different personalities. One a vampire, the other a warlock. 

And for what exactly is the hatred needed? The warlocks have their hands tied thanks to you and your hatred for them. I am working very hard on this matter, so that the Crown Prince has nothing to worry about. I never had an issue with these creatures and always was very open about them. The former High Warlock, Jung Daehyun, always was a very classy man who knew his manners and he was always a hardworking one. He too was willing to work with me on a better bond between the two creatures. Now that he passed it onto this gentleman here, I want to continue to get this deal done." the King went on.

Taekwoon looked around the room and saw everyone's shocked faces. Had they also paid attention to him, they could've seen the sad look on Taekwoon's face. Had he felt angry about this, he would've shown his true nature. But like the King said, he has no intention of harming people.

The King released his hands from the twins and went back to his seat. He was still mad about this matter and he was the one who made the decisions, not them. He wanted to work with the warlocks and so shall happen, whether the Ministers liked it or not.

"The Minister of Internal Affairs, the Crown Prince and the warlock can stay. The rest of you can leave, since none of you actually are wanting to work with him." the King said, quite stern.

Many of the Ministers were protesting against it, but eventually left anyway. Once the door shut behind them, the three of them took a step closer to the King. Taekwoon was still shocked to hear how the Ministers were really like, despite some being extremely happy with Taekwoon's arrival. Taekwoon now realized how corrupt the whole palace actually was. But he didn't blame it onto Leo, he just couldn't.

Once the doors were shut, the King looked at Taekwoon and smiled. He felt bad for Taekwoon, but he knew that it would be like this. Even after he passed on the throne to Leo, no one would entirely accept Taekwoon. Not even as a guest. 

"I deeply apologize for the behavior of these people. I know that it won't be easy for them, but they have no choice." the King said, breaking the silence.

Taekwoon bowed and brushed it off, as if never meant anything to him. However it stung like crazy, this amount of humiliation... he never had been exposed to it before. But now that he would become a more regular guest, he had to get used to all of the attention both bad and good.

"It does affect you, High Warlock. I can sense that." Leo said.

, he forgot his twin brother stood next to him. He also completely forgot that Leo was a vampire and vampires could sense anything related to thoughts and feelings. Taekwoon never experienced that stuff himself, since his transformation came to a halt whenever Daehyun changed his DNA. 

The Minister of Internal Affairs approached Taekwoon and bowed to him. Taekwoon followed suit and repeated the gesture himself once again. Taekwoon looked back up at him and regained his composure.

"It is my pleasure to work with you, High Warlock. The King has given me orders to work with you, in order to lift up the image of your kind towards the people in the country." the man explained.

Taekwoon nodded once again and had a faint smile on his face. Finally he could come down to the real intention of his meeting. He felt uncomfortable with so much negativity, but he couldn't show the humiliation he felt. And what was that with the fact that these Ministers can speak so badly about anyone? Was there no code for Ministers? It was new to Taekwoon and he didn't like it.

Leo grabbed Taekwoon's wrist and nodded to tell Taekwoon that it's okay, despite Leo not feeling any human emotions. Taekwoon faintly smiled when he made eye contact with his twin. It was unreal to think back on what had happened between the two, starting off with loads of hate. And yet here they were, acting like nothing ever happened.

"I am very flattered by the offer. I am looking forward to do business with you and I hope that our relationship remains well in the future." Taekwoon smiled.

The King also smiled when he heard those words from Taekwoon. The King always was on good terms with warlocks, especially with the former High Warlock Jung Daehyun. Daehyun always was very friendly, but also knew his manners and kept the well respected distance. Daehyun told him a lot about his adopted son and it made the King curious, because he wanted to meet this boy for sure. When he found out that Taekwoon was his adopted son, he was amazed by how good looking ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter