Chapter 2

The Gangster and the Pauper

Soon we had left the street, entered a back alley and were now standing in front of a black Mazda RX-9 with deeply tinted windows. My jaw dropped and I took another look at my captor. His grey military jacket and black jeans, on closer inpection, were professionally distressed. He had a green bandana tied around his neck and his yellow shirt was still stiff, like it had only been worn a couple of times. The only thing that looked truly broken in were his black work boots, which were scuffed and beeat up. Everything was good quality, if not designer and I wondered what he wanted with me, poor and fresh out of high school.

In the mean time he had unlocked the car and was now leading me to the passenger side. I sat down and buckled my seat belt deciding to go along with this. He got into the drivers seat, started the car and pulled out onto the main road. Conversation looked like it was going to be non-existent so Iput my headphones in, closed my eyes and pretended I was at home, sitting on my bed and writing poetry; not sitting in a car being kidnapped by a stranger who obviously had some money to spend.

I must have dozed off because the next thing I know he was pulling me out of the car and carrying me inside a - holy where am I?

I was staring up at an abandoned mansion, or was it a castle? Probably grand and inviting when it was lived in, it had now started decaying. Some of the windows had been smashed and still others were boarded up. Remembering that my captor still held me, I struggled to be put down. He set me down and pulled his gun back out. With his gun aimed at me, he led me up the front steps, into the enterance hall and onto what must have been the library.

The room was huge. It was two stories high with floor to ceilling book shelves. At one point they must have been filled with thousands upon thousands of books, but now they stood empty drapped in layer upon layer of dust and cobwebs. The second story had a walkway that ringed the outer edge. A spiral staircase leading from the first to the second floor and rolling ladders completed the access system for the upper shelves.

A giant, ornately carved oak desk sat in the middle of the room, and sitting in the leather chair behind it was another stange looking man. His hair was shaved on one side and hung long, down passed his shoulder, on the other side. His hair was mostly black with streaks of pink and it kept getting in his face. His eyes were deep and his look was fierce but his features were softer and less harsh than my kidnapper's.

He was also Asian, again I would guess Korean, and when he spoke his voice was higher than the blue haired man behind me. "What do you want?" he demanded of the blue haired man, "Can't you see that I'm busy?" "Now, now GD don't get mad at me. I just came to see if there was anything that you wanted to say to our little prisoner here before I put her in her room." The man named GD looked me over slowly, just now noticing my presence. He shook his head and spoke to blue hair. "I'm busy right now T.O.P, just take her to her room right now but check with Seungri first to make sure it's ready. I'll talk to her when I'm done here."