Chapter 3

The Gangster and the Pauper

Well by this point I was pissed off at being talked about like I wasn't even there, so when T.O.P tried to grab my arm and lead me out, I pulled away and turned my wrath on GD. "I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE HELL YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS!" I realized that I was screaming so I took a deep breath and lowered my voice. "You're a coward do you know that?" I said calmly watching GD begin to shake. "You are too afraid to go out and get a real job so you make it so that no one wants to hire you. You whine about your situation and yet you still resort to sending cronies out to do your dirty work while you sit at home and eat bon bons." GD was shaking harder and I could feel T.O.P's hand squeezing my shoulder in warning, but I couldn't stop, not now. I looked GD dead in the eye and calmly and evenly stated, "You are, always have been and always will be: A. Piece. Of. ."

I swear I heard something in GD audibly snap. All of a sudden he stopped shaking, reached behind his desk and grabbed a gun. Aiming the gun at me he spoke in a cold whisper, ", you will never know me." the next second seemed to happen in slow motion. I saw him pull the trigger, heard the blast, and felt a sudden shock of pain in my right arm. I looked down at my arm, blood was pouring down it coming from a small hole in the side of my arm. Now I could deal with the pain but the sight of that much of my own blood made me stagger. I felt T.O.P's arm snake around my waist again, but this time to catch me. He looked around and then took off his bandana and tied it just above my wound. "We need to get this treated immediately." he said as he swung me into his arms. As we were leaving I heard GD say, "This is your first and final warning, the next time you piss me off it'll be your heart."

I don't remember much between leaving the library and being taken to 'my room' but I do remember meeting another Asian boy with a baby face and short hair. I remember T.O.P calling out to him saying, "Yah, Seungri! Get Daesung and the first aid kit and meet us in her room." The boy took one look at me and sprinted off. The next thing I remember clearly was being laid gently down on a bed in one of the bedrooms. The bleeding in my arm had slowed almost to a stop and the blood on my arm was caking as dried. T.O.P looked around, found a pitcher of water and brought it over. He checked to see if the bandana was still needed, deemed that it wasn't, took it off and started soaking it in the water. He was cleaning the dried blood off of my arm when the boy named Seungri came bursting through the door carrying a red bag and followed by a another Asian boy, presumably Daesung, with white hair.

Seungri dropped the bag at the end of the bed and T.O.P backed off so Daesung could examine the wound. Daesung knelt down next to the bed and finished cleaning my arm. When he was done he examined the wound, poking at it and checking for shrapnel. He was gentle, using the lightest touch possible and pausing for a few seconds when I cringed. When he was done with that he reached into the bag and pulled out a container of liquid. He dabbed the wound with it and I could feel the spot go numb. I had to shut my eyes though and turn away whaen I saw Daesung pull a needle out of the bag.

I didn't open my eyes until someone tapped me on the shoulder and a soft voice whispered in my ear, "It's OK I'm done now." I opened my eyes and saw Daesung sitting on the edge of the bed, the red bag was gone as well as Seungri, and T.O.P was standing in one corner of the room with his arms crossed, looking like a pissed off bodyguard. I looked at my arm and saw that it had been tightly wrapped in a clean white bandage. I sat up and gave Daesung a quick hug. "Thanks," I said, "your a life saver." Shocked, Daesung mumbled, "No, I'm just an arm saver." I chuckled a little bit and tried to stamd up but the room started spinning and I had to sit back down.

Daesung put a hand out to steady me saying, "You've lost a little bit of blood so you should probably take it easy Ok." "No, I can do this," I answered back, standing up a little slower this time. Taking small, slow steps I inched myself over untill I was standing infront of T.O.P. I looked up at him, "Thank you for helping." I stated flatly. He raised an eyebrow at me and asked sarcasticly, "What no hug for me?"