The Best Friend

Fire & Ice | Moonsun | Wheebyul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul and Wheein found themselves on the bleachers, watching the football team practice, cupcakes in hand.

Wheein wasn’t used to the attention she was getting; everyone seemed to be lowkey interested in what they were talking about.

“So…what were you going to tell me earlier?” Moonbyul asked, remembering that Wheein was looking for her at lunchtime seemingly wanting to talk about something.

Wheein doesn’t want to ruin the moment, but she might as well ask now. She didn’t want to prolong her inevitable heartbreak.

“Moonbyul, why are you being so nice to me?” Wheein wanted to ask it for the longest time, because it just didn’t make sense to her.

“Didn’t I tell you that I like you?” Moonbyul furrowed her eyebrows like she always does.

Wheein was curious; she didn’t know why it was so easy for Moonbyul to say it, as if it were the most normal thing to say. As if her words weren’t causing Wheein’s heart to beat so fast.

Moonbyul took her hand, but Wheein felt like her heart came with it.

“I like you, Wheein. And it might seem ridiculous to you when I say that because it's only been…what? Two -three days?” Moonbyul squeezed her hands. “But it only took less than a second, just one look at you and somehow I felt like everything fell into place.”

“You’re right, this is all too fast.” Wheein admitted, but she didn’t mind.

“I don’t mind slowing it down. I hope I didn’t scare you off with the kiss.” Moonbyul stated, a hint of worry was evident in her tone.

Wheein didn’t expect the taller girl to bring it up, she almost convinced herself that it wasn’t a big deal, just a kiss for show.

“You were the one who walked away and didn’t text or talk to me after.” Wheein shrugged, wanting an explanation but isn’t brave enough to ask directly for it.

But Moon Byulyi gives it to her anyway.

“I’m sorry, you just looked so surprised when I kissed you. I thought you needed space?” The Ice Queen answered truthfully, but left the part where she was preoccupied with her fight with  Yongsun.

“I just didn’t expect that THE Moon Byulyi would kiss me,” Wheein explained.

“So you’re not mad about it? We’re good?” Moonbyul asked for reassurance.

Wheein nodded, it was more than good.

“Great! For a moment, I thought I stole your first kiss, that would've been awk- ” the silver-haired girl stopped mid-sentence when she noticed Wheein’s expression. “Wheein?”

“Don’t worry about it.” She was hesitant to say it, laughing nervously, Moonbyul would probably think it was lame.

But Moonbyul is perceptive, so she catches on quickly. She had lots of practice with Yongsun on reading people and paying attention to little things. Yongsun isn't very vocal about her feelings. She has a hard time opening up to people, sometimes even with Byul. Moonbyul has acquired the ability to always read between the lines.

Besides, Wheein is so transparent, opposite to Yongsun.

Wheein really was a breath of fresh air. It feels good to not have to guess all the time.

“Oh my God, Wheein, is that your first kiss? I’m so sorry.” It was the first time Wheein saw Moonbyul this flustered, and because of it, her heart fluttered.

“It’s okay.” Wheein said. “Really. I…" she tried to search for the right words to say. "I liked it.” She stated, bashfully, struggling for the words to use because ‘like’ doesn’t seem to justify it.

Moonyul was surprised at Wheein’s honesty, she felt like her heart just did a somersault.

But then she remembered her bet with Yongsun, and she didn’t know how Wheein would take it if she came clean to her now.

She’s thinking of how to tell Wheein the truth but the blonde is looking at her lips and it's so hard not to do the same and it didn’t help at all that Wheein’s lips looked so kissable.

Moon Byulyi is good at self-control – actually no, - she was good at it until Jung Wheein.

Because right now her lips were already on Wheein’s, their lips moving in sync, it was just as special as the first one, if not more, since there was no motive behind this kiss.

But like the first one, a lot of people saw it. And like the first one, Yongsun witnessed it, and like the first one, it caused Yongsun’s heart to break.

“Does this mean that you like me too?” Moonbyul asked after pulling away.

Wheein nodded. But it was a lie, because ‘like’ is such an understatement with what she’s feeling right now. It resembles a lot more like love.

“Okay.” Moonbyul sighed, as if calming herself.

“Then that means that I can un-invite Taehyug?” Moonbyul said after a beat.

“What?” so she did invite Taehyung, Wheein thought, frowning.

Moonbyul noticed how Wheein's smile turned into a frown. “I’m sorry, Wheepup.” Moonbyul doesn’t apologize, but since Wheein, she feels like its all she ever does nowadays. “I invited him so no one else would; in case you wanted him as a date… I thought maybe, you were just too kind to not say no to me. So just in case you chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter