MINE

MINE

 

Everything went fine after that evening. The valentine’s night turned out to be so special for couples who celebrated the occasion with us because of the songs we rendered to them.

 

 

A week ago had gone yet the couple who approached us that evening was still running inside my head. I didn’t know why. But what they said to me was actually like a song—echoing inside me that I didn’t know how to forget it. It was like a part of me enjoying its stay.

 

 

 It was an ordinary Friday afternoon. Everyone was busy preparing and practicing for the gig that evening. I went to the place where we used to practice. It was four blocks away from my apartment. I was walking my errands with my I-pad on. Hoping music could bring warmth in me.

 

 

I arrived at the practice room early on time. I thought I was the only one who was there. But I was in shock when I saw Jessica—seriously playing her piano. Her voice was soothing. The music she was playing was so calm and serene. I walked very slowly.

 

 

There’s a song that’s inside of my soul

It’s the one that I’ve tried to write over and over again

I’m awake in the infinite cold

But you sing to me over and over and over again

 

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only your I know now

You’re my only hope

 

She continued singing as her fingers emotionally pressing it.With the help of my guitar, I did the plucking that surprised her a lot. She stopped for awhile and looked behind her and found me there. Yet she only stared at me coldly then continued singing.

 

 

I felt goose bumps all over me as she started singing the higher part of the song. There was something in her that I couldn’t understand. After her rehearsal, she trod to where I was watching her from a distance.

 

 

“Why do you have to observe me practicing?” She asked coldly.

 

 

“Isn’t bad? I just wanted to hear your voice.” I answered as I started plucking every strands of my guitar.

 

 

“I’m not used with that. I love practicing alone, you know that.” She said.

 

 

“I’m curious…why do you have to sing sad song during our gigs?” I asked.

 

 

“It’s my heart’s way of lamenting.” She said as she went to the glass window and stared nowhere.

 

 

“For who?” was my followed up question before I crutched the guitar’s sling into my shoulder.

 

 

“To the man I secretly love.” She answered without staring back at me.

 

 

I didn’t know how to react on what I exactly heard. I tried to stay cool though jealousy started pinching my heart. I couldn’t stop myself from feeling that way. So, I let music speaks for true feelings.

 

 

Drew looks at me,

I fake a smile so she won’t see

That I want and I’m needing

Everything that we should be

I’ll bet he’s beautiful

The boy she talks about

And he’s got everything that

I have to live without

 

Drew talks to me,

I laugh cause it’s a damn funny

And I can’t even see,

Anyone when she’s with me

She says she’s so in love, she’s finally got it right

I wonder if she knows

She’s all I think about at night

 

She’s the reason

For the teardrops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me

Wishing on a wishing star

She’s the song in the car I keep singing,

Don’t know why I do