Chapter 3: Shadow

The Dreamcatcher

In the maze of the world's many complexities, a figure looms in the shadowy recesses, ethereal and enigmatic. She is a striking paradox, dwelling within the interplay of black and white, casting herself as both savior and thief. She bears the name Kim Minji, but the whispering winds call her by another - Jiu.

Picture a woman of extraordinary beauty, whose very presence commands attention, yet her mystery draws an even deeper intrigue. Jiu's eyes, a captivating shade of deep chocolate brown, spark with intelligence and a hidden fervor. These are the eyes that have disarmed the fiercest of adversaries and bewitched the onlookers. They hold tales of resilience and defiance, of adventure and vigilance.

Her skin is soft, pale moonlight, contrasted by the dark waterfall of her hair, which cascades over her shoulders, radiant under the night's velvety cloak. Sometimes, it dances to the nocturnal zephyr's rhythm, whispering of her secrets, gleaming with the tales of her audacious exploits.

Jiu's features are an artist's masterpiece - a delicate nose, full lips that hold a playful curve, a face that balances the youthful softness and the harsh realities of her chosen path. Her form is statuesque, gracefully weaving through darkness like a nightingale navigating the nocturne. Every move she makes, a symphony of poise and precision, creates an unforgettable aura.

But her allure extends beyond physical beauty. Jiu's spirit is indomitable, her heart pulsates with a burning passion for justice. She isn't the run-of-the-mill thief who lurks in the shadows for personal gain. She's a modern-day Robin Hood, a vigilante veiled under the guise of a criminal. She takes from those who have stolen, repurposing their ill-gotten wealth, and redistributes it to those who truly deserve it.

Her actions, her identity, all revolve around a dream she cradles in her heart - a world where justice isn't just a word in faded ink, but a vibrant reality for all. This is Jiu, the enigmatic, the beautiful, the uncatchable.

---

Lee Siyeon, with her blue hair reflecting the gentle flicker of the fireplace, discusses their upcoming plans with Jiu. As they sit back, savoring the cold beer, Siyeon brings up the subject of their heist.

"We will be needing more people in this heist. That Dreamcatcher is not a joke." Siyeon muses, her thoughts clearly troubled by the past betrayals. "And we need someone we can trust. Not like that Yeon Woo-- what a snake," she adds with distaste, crushing the empty beer can in her hand. "She almost got us caught."

"Yet we haven't, right? It's because you are always there to protect me," Jiu retorts, a playful spark in her eyes.

Siyeon blushes at this, playfully flipping Jiu off, her curse word unheard but clearly interpreted, leading to an uproarious laughter from Jiu. The room falls into a comfortable silence, broken by Jiu's more serious tone.

"This heist will be very dangerous. I will understand if you won't come with me. You don't need to risk your life for me," she states, giving Siyeon an out.

Siyeon merely sighs at this, feigning interest in the financial compensation. "Are you compensating me handsomely for this?" Siyeon retorted, a hint of mock annoyance in her tone.

In truth, she couldn't care less about the financial aspect. Jiu was the reason she agreed to this life of risk and thrill. Ever since their paths intertwined, Siyeon had been steadfast in her resolution to stand by Jiu, come what may. Ever since that day-- that one fateful encounter, she decided to dedicate her life to her. he silently swore to follow her to the ends of the earth, prepared to sacrifice herself, to become a pawn in Jiu's game, all in pursuit of fulfilling Jiu's aspirations.

Jiu smiles at Siyeon's response. "Of course, I will give you everything you want."

"Then let's cut the crap and start planning the heist!" Siyeon exclaims, opening a fresh can of beer and chugging it down.

Jiu nods and proceeds to reveal the information she has gathered so far. "I managed to steal one of the blueprints of the building that contains the Dreamcatcher. I also have some intel on the security system."

"And?" Siyeon prompts, eager to hear more of the plan.

"And this time, it's really quite formidable." Jiu admits with a sigh. "I'm confident I can crack the safe but getting inside... that's going to be tough."

"So, what do we need?" Siyeon queries, taking another sip of her beer.

"We need a new dancer to replace Yeon Woo, a hacker adept at creating rootkits and botnets swiftly, a driver who can outrun any pursuers on the Seoul streets, and a pickpocket," Jiu lists out, her tone business-like.

Siyeon raises an eyebrow at this. "Sounds like a tall order to fill."

"Actually, I have someone in mind for the pickpocket. She's like God-tier, even better than me," Jiu announces, a small smile playing on her lips as she recalls a certain incident that had left her impressed.