SEUNGHYUN

Lost in the Lights

The Alpha woke up and it felt like a truck hit him and crushed his head, he sat up and opened the nightstand drawer looking for a painkiller and his cell phone.


- 11:00?! , , !


The boy got up and ran to the shower, nothing like cold water to banish the sleepiness and thoughts of a certain Omega that plagued him whenever he was in Korea. Seung-Hyun put on the first suit he could find and combed his hair, hoping that last night hadn't been as wild as he feared, the last thing he remembered was getting drunk in the hot tub with his cousin and the Omegas, playing drinking games, then he remembered putting the smaller Omega to sleep in one of the spare bedrooms (he would never sleep with a teenager), The Omega was cute and pushy, but he was still a 19-year-old , and having his first time as a meaningless with an uninterested man more than 10 years older was not something worth living for, in Seung-Hyun's opinion), and finally he remembered passing out in his own bed.


Now he walked around the apartment looking for signs of his cousin and couldn't find him, the jacuzzi was still on and full (he turned it off and opened the drain), Suga was lying on the couch reeking of booze and women's perfume, totally wiped out, cigarette ashes and liquor bottles everywhere, IN was in the same room he left him in and still sleeping, finally he caught a strong smell of and found his cousin and the young idol sleeping in the room down the hall.


- Nam! Namjoon! - Seung-Hyun whispered - Nam!!!!!


- ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. - His cousin and the boy were just a shapeless mountain under the sheets.


- Wake up! KIM NAMJOON!


- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


Seung-Hyun thought he was hearing things, he and Nam were brothers, they never fought or growled at each other.


- Nam, what the ?! Wake up and get up quickly! -Seung-Hyun approached the bed and tried to pull the sheet to wake up the younger Alpha for good.


- DON'T! GET OUT OF HERE Seung-Hyun! - Nam growled loudly and sat up, his eyes were black and his face looked wild. - Min is not dressed properly. Please don't test me!


- Please forgive me... - Seung-Hyun would never make the mistake of trying the patience of an Alpha in a feral state, they could be violent if another Alpha approached an Omega under their protection, especially a sleeping and defenseless one. - But I need you...


- WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING TO ME, HYUNG? GET OUT OF HERE NOW!


- Cousin, I understand that you're in a... a moment... let's say... an intimate and sensitive moment, but I can't leave this apartment without you and it's almost 12:00!!!!

 

- WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, HYUNG? PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GET UP AND KICK YOU OUT OF THIS ROOM!


- Nam, why are you so wild? We have to leave! Family lunch with your parents and Jisoo's parents is in 20 minutes! Your mother will murder you, you smell like Omega! All the relatives from outside Korea have arrived and today the women want to welcome them and introduce YOUR fiancée!

 

- ! - Hyun saw Nam look at the young Omega with regret and kiss him on the head before standing up. His cousin's neck and chest had more purple spots than a bush of violets in spring, and Seung-Hyun didn't know where those dark spots ended because he was too embarrassed to take a closer look at his cousin, who walked towards him as he came into the world, showing a frowny face, eyes black as night.


- Go take a shower and come to my room, we need to find you a turtleneck that can hide those marks, you look ridiculous!


- Shut up, you sound like my mother! Get out of here! I'll see you in a moment.

 

-
Nam was totally off his normal self, Seung-Hyun had never seen him act so wild and impatient, it was a struggle for both of them to find some clothes that would fit the youngest, because even though he was shorter, he was much broader and stronger, they finally decided on black pants, a black turtleneck and the biggest coat the eldest had.


Seung-Hyun and Nam were in the car on the way to the restaurant, and the older man's worries only grew as his cousin's feral look wouldn't go away and both of their cell phones kept vibrating with messages from Nam's mother, who seemed angry about the delay and had probably already found out that the two of them had gone out together the night before.


- Nam, I'm a little worried, it's been a while since we left the house and you still have black eyes. Are you in a rut? Please don't tell me he's in heat, your fiancée is beta, everyone will notice!


- I'm just stressed from the hangover and tired, we slept late. Stop bothering me!


- Cousin, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're feral and there's no perfume in the world that can hide how you smell right now. - Seung-Hyun handed him a pair of sunglasses, maybe covering his eyes would help disguise it a bit.


- Relax. - said the young man while answering some text messages - It will pass soon. It's happened a few times when my mom has pissed me off, she won't think it's weird.


- The GPS said we are 10 minutes away, please try to calm down and get back to normal!

 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen, Nam was definitely feral and it clearly showed, which made the lunch situation uncomfortable. The Alpha used to be loving and kind, but today Nam was impatient and couldn't even listen to his mother's chatter without rolling his eyes, while Seung-Hyun walked up behind him and apologized to people, attributing his cousin's behavior to nerves about the big day, it seemed that both of their personalities had flipped.


Jisoo didn't seem to mind her fiancé's change, they just shared a quick hug and she went back to showing off her huge wedding ring to all the family members of both, while receiving compliments from everyone for her beauty and elegance, Seung-Hyun was sad for his cousin, the girl didn't seem to like him at all, only concerned with appearances and futility, if she wasn't a Beta, the elder would say she was a carbon copy of his aunt. 


Male Alphas are the most known to go feral because of the huge amount of testosterone they had, especially when under a lot of stress and especially during their rut. It's rare for an Alpha to go feral outside of the rut, but it can happen. They have a reputation for becoming violent, but usually when an aggressor won't back down or when their mates or pups are threatened.


Alphas tend to go feral when they are angry rather than when they are extremely happy or scared, their eyes dilate and their scent increases to ward off a threat, but not much can stop them from going feral, but an Omega's scent or comfort can do just the trick, sometimes when an Alpha comes down from being feral they are extremely .


It's surprisingly hard to get an Alpha to go feral because in some situations going feral is looked down upon, an Alpha could stay feral for days if they don't calm down properly or at all, there are some insistences where an Alpha could stay feral for the rest of their life, this leaves them as outcasts from society. 


Usually when an Alpha finally presents they go feral with all the pent up Alpha pheromones, little Alphas sometimes go feral when they have a temper tantrum, younger Alphas tend to go feral a lot more often due to frustration, but if their family life is good this doesn't happen often and during great they will happily go feral.


There are limits to how much an alpha can change in his normal state, and such a change was not uncommon, especially among young alphas and those of breeding age, but it was not common for it to last more than a few minutes, unless in the case of rut or something serious like hormonal dysfunction or mental problems. Nam had been in a mild feral state for over an hour, which made Seung-Hyun increasingly nervous.

 

What had initially appeared as Namjoon's protectiveness and irritability towards Jimin took on new symptoms as the lunch went on, and when everyone sat down to eat, Seung-Hyun noticed that his cousin had barely touched his food and that the boy seemed to be nauseous and sweating more than anyone else at the table. At the end of the meal, Jisoo's father proposed a toast, and after everyone applauded, the young girl turned to kiss Nam on the lips, at which point his cousin grabbed the girl by the shoulders, kissed her without barely brushing his lips against her forehead, apologized, and ran to the bathroom. Everyone looked surprised and Nam's mother was so angry that she seemed to tremble.


Seung-Hyun also apologized and followed him to the bathroom, trying to understand what had happened, blocking the door with a garbage can and finding his cousin pale and lying on the floor.


- Nam!


- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


- Oh my God! Nam! It's me, Hyun Hyung, we're brothers, please don't attack me!


But the young man looked at him with frightened eyes and showed his sharp fangs.


- Cousin... Nam... I'm going to get you out of here, please listen to me! - Seung-Hyun was on the verge of despair at that moment, because his aunt would be looking for them in the bathroom any minute - Nam! Come back! I'm gonna take you to the Omega now, but you MUST CALM DOWN!


The words worked like magic, even though Nam couldn't hide his current state, at least his breathing normalized a bit. Seung-Hyun moistened his cousin's face and wiped him with a towel.


Knock knock knock


- Gentlemen, we need you to clear the bathroom! - said a staff member.


Knock Knock Knock Knock


- Gentlemen!


Hyun quickly lifted his cousin and opened the door.


- Hello, sorry, the groom has a severe case of food poisoning! - Seung-Hyun dragged Nam around the room like a straw doll and apologized as he walked towards the door, mentally praying to the Goddesses of the Moon and Nature that his cousin's rage would not return and that he would not attract even more attention. - You must inform the chef immediately!!!! This is unacceptable in a Michelin-starred restaurant!!!!!!


- Choi Seung-Hyun! - His aunt shouted - Stop right there!


That was enough for the Alpha to carry his cousin's body on his shoulder like a sack of cement and run as fast as he could to the first taxi outside the restaurant.

 

- Don't ask me anything! Just get the hell out of here to Gangnam and I'll pay whatever you want!


The last vision he had was of his aunt screaming her head off and his confused mother trying to calm her down at the door of the restaurant as the taxi sped towards his hotel at nearly 100km/h.

 

 

---
Back at the apartment, Seung-Hyun was on the phone trying to get Nam's driver to pick up his car from the restaurant, but he dropped his iPhone on the floor when he opened the apartment door and saw Namjoon chasing after an unsuspecting YoonGi who was picking up beer bottles from the floor.


- HEY HEY HEY! CALM DOWN NAM! - Seung-Hyun grabbed his cousin's waist with all his strength - Get your head down, Suga! He's feral, I think he's gone into rut and he's turning more and more!


Yoongi immediately knelt down and put his head on the ground in submission, shock showing on his face, he had never seen his friend in this state either. Seung-Hyun paid attention to his surroundings and smelled two more scents in the place, a strong scent of tobacco, cedar and benzoin that signified an unknown Alpha male and also a sweet and elegant scent, delicious and fruity, but the Alpha refused to believe that it could be the one he was thinking of. Unfortunately, his moment of distraction was enough for Namjoon to break free and run towards the room at the end of the corridor, he'd probably break down the door, he'd sensed the strange Alpha as well. 


- ! ! ! - Yoongi yelled as he and Seung-Hyun ran towards their friend, trying to hold him down before he hurt himself or someone else.


It took both of them to pull the boy up so that he wouldn't destroy the door with his kicks while trying to open it. YoonGi took a deep breath and with a martial arts technique and the help of Hyun, Nam was secured in a bear hug and the older man was able to open the door and was confronted with an unusual situation inside the room.


- What? - Seung-Hyun said.


- We have to be calm so that none of them does anything stupid! I don't want to use tranquilizers. - Said the mysterious Alpha, who wore sunglasses and a black suit with a Peaceminusone emblem on the lapel. It was Tiger Jae-ho, JiYong's human shield. 


The Alpha suddenly felt all the strength in his legs disappear for a second, in the corner of the bed sat an IN with a frightened face, big and tearful eyes,  In the middle of the bed was a huge cocoon of sheets and clothes, making it clear that Jimin was nesting in it, and clutching the shapeless mound that covered the idol was a small Omega with black eyes of rage, also wild and defensive, his face shriveled with rage and fangs showing, he was nowhere near the boy Seung-Hyun had known, but without a doubt he was the most beautiful creature the Alpha had ever seen.


- JiYong?