JIYONG

Lost in the Lights

Jiyong was an omega young man almost in his 30s, whenever he stopped to think about his life he took a deep breath and realized that even in the face of adversity he had achieved everything, he was an example of success, Jiyong's family was not rich, his parents were betas, not rich and only owned a small steakhouse, so was his older sister, so were his grandparents, only one of his great-grandmothers was an Omega, a beautiful woman with long black hair who ran away from home one day to marry a fisherman, songs and paintings were made in her honor by several artists in the area, but none of them could beat the sincere smile of the young fisherman who brought her the most beautiful pearls, and they were very happy.

 

Jiyong


The boy was born when his mother was too old for a beta carrier and the pregnancy had been an accident. When his family were told at the maternity hospital that the little boy, whom everyone believed to be premature, was in fact an Omega, his family rejoiced with joy and named him Jiyong because he was the fruit of the Dragon's Will (born in the Year of the Dragon) and also because they considered him to be a blessing from their omega ancestor Kyong, called the Luminous One.


Endowed with a captivating smile and a shy yet charismatic personality, little Jiyong attracted attention wherever he went, his mother always believing in the success of her son and that he could be much more, that he could achieve all his dreams, he was a model at the age of 5, then he performed in a very successful children's singing and dancing group, and in his pre-teen years he was coveted by several entertainment agencies.


Such achievements were great accomplishments for an Omega who was not born in a cradle of gold, but being exposed to this industry at such a young age put the boy on the defensive against Alphas, many of whom treated anyone who was different as inferior. None of this bad treatment worked to bring Jiyong down, he was stubborn and easily angered, an uncommon trait in Omegas, he would rather die fighting than run away, and his sharp tongue (sometimes teeth also) surprised older Alphas on several occasions.


The only exception was his friend Choi Seunghyun, the smallest Alpha Jiyong had ever met, he was just over a year older than Jiyong and the same height, at 12 years old the first signs of their subgenres began to show, but while Jiyong was small and skinny like other Omegas, Seunghyun, at almost 14, was short like an Omega and overweight, easily mistaken for a small Beta.


They spent afternoons together after school and on weekends, whenever JiYong didn't have to go to the company for work or training, the boys studied, ate and spent time together in the park in front of JiYong's house or in the younger one's room, listening to music and watching anime full of cats and girls with colorful hair, the things JiYong liked to do.


But these were memories from 15 years ago, JiYong was no longer a little boy, nowadays he had turned his work as a model and influencer into a solid career as a streetwear fashion designer, his brand was the fastest growing in Asia, his black hair had given way to long wavy strands in a baby pink tone and his beautiful cat like face was more angular and very well made up, he looked at himself in the mirror of his Rolls Royce and sighed loudly.


- Is something wrong, JiYong? - said Tiger JaeHo, his friend and security guard for more than ten years.


- How did you know that Sujin was the girl for you Tiger? - the young fashionista asked without looking away from his reflection as he touched up the gloss on his lips.


- Well, I know many answer this question based on hormones, I'm not saying they aren't relevant, I'm an Alpha and unlike Betas, we have our preferences - Tiger was confused because he knew of his friend's prejudice towards other Alphas and their behavior, he saw his young friend roll his eyes and continued - Even the most intense chemistry is not able to sustain a relationship and these effects rarely last more than two years, SuJin was not the strongest attraction I ever had, that happened when I was young and irresponsible, fortunately it ended before I had the misfortune to put my mark on the girl whose smell almost made me faint, she and I fought outside of bed more than cat and dog, undoing a mating mark that stems from a strong chemical attraction can put a person to bed for months.


- I see. - JiYong said, his eyes now fixed on his cell phone screen as he devoured the social network feed of the moment - how did you decide?


- I enjoyed the alpha single and unencumbered life while working and traveling with you and the team for many years, and when you retired from the runway to open the label, we could all establish a quiet routine in Seoul, my mother started asking me about grandchildren. Hehehe. My wife was a good Omega girl and close friend to TaeHyun who does your makeup, she introduced us and even though she didn't drive me crazy with a fragrance, I've never been happier and she makes me smile every day.


- I know I already said this at your wedding , but I'm really happy for you, Hyung. - JiYong was sincere with what he wished for his old friend, but he couldn't imagine living the same way, a lot of the repulsion he felt towards Alphas wasn't just because of their overbearing personalities, to JiYong the smell of the vast majority of them was extremely unpleasant, as if they were dirty all the time. - Please turn on the GPS and find an alternate route, we can't be late.