NAMJOON

Lost in the Lights

 

Nam was a standard Alpha in every way, he was tall, strong, masculine, full of energy and attitude, but that didn't mean that his relationship with his family deviated from what was expected by traditional Korean society, Namjoon's mother was an Alpha female who had married an Alpha male within the expectations of the traditional community.


His parents' marriage was all that both families could hope for from a successful union, at first was the certainty that their offspring would necessarily be Alpha, which has a lot of value. However, his mother had taken many years to get pregnant, his grandparents blamed her for not being excellent at her wifely duties, but Nam and his other close relatives knew very well that it was because his father had no interest in his wife, he was an Alpha with an explicit preference for Omegas, and his father's extramarital affairs were the main reason why the marriage failed despite his mother's best efforts.


Coming from an influential and mostly Alpha family, Nam was used to the expectations and demands, his parents were still married for all intents and purposes, but if he was really honest, he spent more time at his aunt's house than his own, his mother fled the abuse of her husband and took refuge with her son in the arms of her older sister, who was a gentle, kind, welcoming and very loving Beta woman, his cousin SeungHyun was born an Alpha like his uncle, but inherited his mother's personality.


The routine that lasted throughout his childhood consisted of his father spending much of his time working in the family business group, owner of a cell phone technology company, they lived in a large mansion in a gated community, his father loved to hold large events and dinners in the hall and garden of the huge residence, events that always ended in tears, The father's drunkenness led to disrespectful behavior toward other women and mean comments about his mother's appearance (tall, muscular and broad-shouldered, she had a big face and small eyes, Nam was the same), often the comments ended with them breaking all the furniture in the room and also hitting each other, ending with a long season of mother and son in his aunt's apartment, sometimes lasting weeks.

 

Nam saw that it was not his mother who was to blame for this situation, but that the recurrence of the abuse had made her a very bitter woman, and at every moment he tried to please her so that she would not see him as a continuation of his father. Therefore, as soon as he finished university and his master's degree in sound engineering, his mother asked him for the first time about his desire to meet a nice girl and give her some grandchildren, and although his lips said yes, a nervous twinge in his stomach feared that this decision was not what he really wanted.


It wasn't long before his afternoons were filled with visits to the city's most elegant cafes and restaurants with several young girls of various types, at the suggestion of his mother's closest friends, all socialites and wives of influential men. A year later he had set his wedding date and met his fiancée and his mother for lunch, they saw much more of each other than the bride and groom saw of themselves, his attendance at these events was merely to listen to the two women laughing and chatting energetically about tablecloths, dresses, locations and flower arrangements, to smile at them and pay the bill.


The driver dropped him off in a quiet alley near the historic center of town, the small traditional buildings had colorful facades and housed a chain of restaurants of a famous international chain, as he approached the women waiting for a table in the outdoor area, the young man said in surprise:


- Mom, how are you? - He smiled, hugged her, and turned to give his fiancee a quick kiss on the lips.


- We are very well, my dear, this restaurant is highly praised, and since today is a special day, my beautiful daughter-in-law Jisoo got us reservations at the garden tables, she is a friend of the chef, and if we all like it, the buffet for your ceremony will be decided.


- Oh, I see. - I'm glad to see you Jiyoon, I didn't know you were coming with us. - Then he hugged his fiancée's older sister, whom he had only seen a few times.


- Kim's family? - asked the maitre.


- Here,- Nam replied, and together they walked over to the table, which had two empty seats after everyone had sat down. - Are we expecting anyone else?


- Your cousin and aunt should be joining us soon. - said his mother with a smile that went from ear to ear.


Nam took a deep breath and turned his attention back to the drinks menu, he needed something much stronger than the glass of white wine in front of him to deal with what was coming next, he couldn't even predict the worst: the discomfort of his openly gay cousin being put in such a situation or the anger of his mother for feeling embarrassed by his absence once again, the woman just couldn't accept that the older boy would never get married.

 

- Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay, I was stuck at the hospital working. - Aunt Mina said, and even with a smile on her face, her eyes showed sadness for the young girl sitting in front of her.


- It is always a pleasure to see you sister, where is my beautiful nephew? Jisoo's sister came to join us and it would be a pleasure to introduce her to our SeungHyun.


- I invited him this morning, Nari. - Her aunt was silent and gave little explanation, it was not the first time and not the last time that her son avoided the presence of Nam's mother.


After 30 minutes of waiting and discomfort on the women's faces for various reasons, they continued with lunch and the boy could not be more relieved than when he could finally get up, never to return, going to work never felt better.

 

***

 

On Wednesday morning Nam arrived at the building of his biggest client HYGI Entertainment, this meant working with the most delicate and special equipment on the market, listening to the latest in rap and hip hop and a good afternoon chatting with Min YoonGi, his great childhood friend and one of the few people in his social circle who wasn't a big , as soon as he heard about his engagement he was thrilled with his friend and started making preparations for the best bachelor party ever, he couldn't have expected anything else, Yoongi is a cool music producer.


Leaving the elevator, Nam walked excitedly and entered his friend's exclusive studio without knocking, there was a group of people leaving the room and the last of them was the young blonde idol who burst into the limelight with a bubblegum hit last summer, he knew the face but it was always a shock to see such famous people up close, I wonder how Yoongi keeps it cool? The delicious smell of the boy surprised him so much that he couldn't help it and turned around to see him disappearing through the door with his back to him, he had a slim waist and a very nice , damn.

 

- Uhn, you may be engaged but you are not dead, right friend? - YoonGi greeted him with a hug and a big smile.


- How long has he been here? Your living room smells like a candy store.


- This is nothing! When I first started working here I almost went crazy, but now I'm used to it. The girls are usually lovely, Jimin too, except for Her Majesty Kwon JiYong, the vast majority of Omegas are super easy to deal with, we don't have to deal with the heat, they're always hormonal or excused to stay home with their partners or some lucky Alpha.


- And have any of them ever called you, Hyung? - Nam asked.


Not all Omegas suppressed their heats, they just wore protective collars and odor neutralizers, which meant that for two or three days a month they would go into ovulation.


A heat is the time when the Omega is most fertile and ready to mate. Some choose to have mates to help them during their heats; others hide in their nests without a mate until their heat is over. During their heat, Omegas biologically produce a sweet scent to arouse Alphas to breed, as this is when they're most fertile. This "heat" scent is typically the Omegas' amplified natural scent, although their slick can produce an intoxicating scent as well. It's extremely important that the unmated Omegas have some form of protection during their heat, as they are unable to protect themselves due to their hormonal imbalance, which can leave them physically and/or mentally impaired for a period of time.   


Marked Omegas always spend such periods with their partners and this is considered very healthy and enjoyable for couples whether they want to have children or not, as singles could spend alone what is usually painful and quite uncomfortable without hormones, with Betas or other Omegas for a ual partner to help relieve the tension in the body or with an Alpha, In the case of a Beta, the chances of getting pregnant are very high, and if you do not use contraception, the chances of getting pregnant are also very high during these periods, and the Alpha will respond to the hormonal changes as the Beta approaches and corresponds to the size of the Beta, with stamina and potency to fully satisfy the desires of the Beta. Nowadays it was common practice for young Omegas to choose partners thinking only in search of pleasure, even though it was frowned upon by older generations.

 

- I've played with a few ex-girlfriends and one or two flings, but never with any of the idols, they all suppress their heat and only have eyes for JungKook. Hahahaha. Who wouldn't?


  - Blondie too?


- Yes, and he is JiYong's best friend, they do everything together, but Jimin is not unbearable. It is said that they both prefer alpha females, but I can't say, I've never seen them interact with anyone except CL and she has a partner. I invited him to your party.


- What?!


- Oh Nam, don't get me wrong, he is a man and works with almost all of our staff. The guys, especially JK, couldn't stop talking about it after the meeting ended and it would be a weird vibe if he was the only one without an invitation, I rented all the boxes, even the interns are going.


- But it's an Alpha club?!


- And you yourself, Mr. Inclusion, told me to invite the Betas from the team as well, and the people in lower positions, with everything paid for, what could I do? Say that only he can't go? 


- Will he be comfortable?


- If he doesn't, he can take a few shots and then leave, or maybe not go at all? You don't even know each other officially, it was a polite invitation, obviously he won't go. Although... I wouldn't mind having more delicious Omegas scenting the room.


- You dog! Let's finish installing the microphones, I want to rest a bit before going to the party.