JIMIN

Lost in the Lights

4bb5f1d3428b60ac8b4739a59ca8288a.jpg

In the past year, Jimin had become the talk of the town, the young Omega had taken the industry by storm at a very young age by being part of the first Idol mixed group of Alphas, Betas and Omegas that took the world by surprise. The entertainment company he was a part of launched a web series that showed the behind the scenes life and training of all the students and trainees.


Little Omega had been hired to join the company's dance team, but when the cameras caught him attending singing lessons designed for Alpha trainees and practicing alone in the dormitories, the public was enchanted by the boy's previously unknown and beautiful soprano voice, and popular calls to add the boy to the singing team echoed around the world's Internet.


Obviously, a trio could never consist of two Alphas and an Omega, that would be a recipe for failure, so to balance it out, two more members were invited, a beautiful Omega boy, tall and with perfect facial proportions, he could neither sing nor dance, but the company wanted him to be the visual of the group, The second was a thin Beta boy with a warm smile, he had a melodious voice but could also beat box and rhyme, a mixture of rhythms that would fit perfectly with the diverse proposal of the new group, the leader function fell to J-Hope because he was able to act with justice and maintain the harmonious dynamic among all. 


The group's activities consisted of recording and touring, but only every two years so that the members could also pursue their individual careers, but Jimin's was unfortunately not focused on contemporary dance projects, which was his passion, and the group did everything they could to postpone and discourage him as much as possible.


Being a new Korean face and also an omega of unique beauty, comparisons to JiYong soon appeared, as well as the presence of both in the same photo shoot. The hiatus of his group came when Jimin was only 19 years old, while his colleagues were taking a break from traveling to stay in the country to compose or start working on doramas, the little one was sent to a modeling school in Paris and every hour he was not being measured, photographed and critiqued by tutors, he was in a room with english and french tutors who didn't seem to understand that he had never been in contact with such different languages, during the nights his only consolation was a scalding bath to numb his injured feet and sore muscles, although tired he was still determined to win and be the best.

 

When he heard that his first editorial for a major American magazine had been closed, he jumped for joy and made a video call to his parents, his leader and his manager, but soon after hanging up and getting over the initial shock, the model was very very nervous, a double job with Kwon JiYong was a lot of responsibility and his biggest fear was that the older model's reputation said he would be very difficult to handle.


The location was on a private beach on the French Riviera, the sponsor was a huge Brazilian swimwear brand that dictated the latest summer fashions in the West, the pieces were very sheer, very small and just a first glance at them spread out on the fitting room rack made Jimin's hands start to sweat from nervousness, although modern his country was conservative in fashion and the boy had never even done shirtless photos. He ran to the other side of the location, leaving the beach tent where the models were changed and heading to a brick building belonging to one of the hotels that was part of the beach complex, the heat was so intense that the boy entered one of the first refrigerated rooms he found, closed the door and called his manager:


- Sejin-shi, it's me, Jimin-ah... - The boy couldn't even put it into words - I'm at the location... Are you looking for me? Sejin Hyung, that's not what I was told! It's not just a wardrobe problem, there are just no clothes!


Jimin heard several excuses from his manager, who obviously tried to make him give in with words and normally he couldn't, but one last piece of information brought him back to reality, this job had been booked long before the group's hiatus, the fee had already been paid and was almost $100,000.00, not counting the company's share and the travel costs, this was the biggest income the boy had ever had in his life and according to what Sejin had said, Jimin's father had received the money more than 3 months ago.

 

A warm tear ran down his face. Donkey.


More followed the first. Very stupid.


When Jimin debuted in the group he made his father his financial representative because the boy was still a minor, his tutor was Sejin his manager, the boy never bothered to check such finances, after all he was never allowed to lack anything, the contract was not revised when he came of age at 19.


He didn't suspect anything when his mother quit her job at the restaurant before the holidays, nor did he suspect anything when his younger brother was enrolled in a private school in the capital, and even less when he received the news that his father had left his position at the factory to open a cafe. Jimin knew that he was the main provider for his family when he received his first salary after his debut, but he never suspected that it was only a matter of time until he would be the only one, let alone that his body would be sold without him even being informed about it, no one cared if this was even an image he pursued, he just wanted to be a dancer again.


Idiot.


More tears fell and when the despair gave him a truce and he could really look around, he saw that he was not alone, there was an even bigger group of people looking at him from the counter at the back of the room, hairdressers, makeup artists, a security guard and a Kwon JiYong with huge frightened eyes looking at him like he was a lunatic. Great.


- Oh my God! - Jimin hadn't even noticed that his legs had given way and he found himself on his knees on the floor blocking the door. He stood up quickly and bowed in shame, his face flushed and hot with embarrassment. - Forgive me! I beg your pardon a thousand times! - And he ran out the door to the nearest bathroom.


Knock knock... knock knock...


- Hey there! - said a pleasant boy's voice, not thin like Jimin's but not too thick either, he imagined it was one of the young Beta's who worked in support or makeup. - Please open the door, me and the makeup artists can't help you from in there!


- Go away!


- Hey man, come on! The whole set has stopped because of you, and this location is very expensive, there are a lot of people working here!

 

Jimin took a deep breath, stood up and opened the door, the face he found on the other side startled him so much that he slammed the door again, but it didn't close because the older model used his foot to hold it open.


- No need to be afraid, relax! I guess you know who I am, and it's okay, I won't bite. - The older model held out his hand to greet him, but Jimin ignored it and bowed in respect.


- Sorry, I don't know what came over me... 


- It's okay, we've seen everything here, just take me to my dressing room. The Noonas will fix your face while I talk to the Omegas in charge of the wardrobes, I just need you to help us as well. - JiYong smiled sincerely and Jimin agreed to hold his still outstretched hand and follow him back to the dressing room.


JiYong really helped him, he asked Jimin to choose between showing his upper or lower body, the rehearsal was about beach clothes and there was no way he could do it completely covered, he felt safer with his legs so he got a flowered blouse to wear open and a small swimsuit, the younger boy didn't feel confident but at least he had his back and s covered.


He was shocked to see the makeup artist approach the older model to cover his tattoos with concealer, he had many. The pink haired boy was very confident, he was only wearing a tiny thong and a see-through beach skirt tied around his waist, his chest and back were showing and even what was covered in Jimin's eyes was also , but that didn't seem to bother JiYong or anyone else on the set.

 

- If you keep looking at me like that, you'll make me shy, Jimin. - the boy said and laughed heartily, turning sideways to look at the younger boy while the makeup artist covered a huge word in black romaji letters that covered the whole side of his body, even with his English lessons the younger boy couldn't decipher the meaning.


- I'm sorry... - Jimin looked down.


- Forget it, this feeling happens only at the beginning, after a while you'll be in front of the whole team, even the women, and you won't feel anything anymore.


- Oh dear. - the younger man sighed ruefully.


- Calm down, little Omega, this is just a job and I can assure you there are many worse. - The top model continued in a very deep voice and pointed at the photographer. - At least we're actually pretty and we don't have to that old dog's balls to be in the center of the picture.


Jimin's hands went to his mouth and he tried to stifle a loud laugh, even though he was a young and often naive guy, even he wasn't naive enough not to recognize the dark side of the industry. 


At that photo shoot, the two boys laughed so much together that the seed of a genuine friendship was born. A relationship that only blossomed over the years, because upon JiYong's advice, little Jimin broke with his father's management and his old company, left the idol group (who, as JiYong had predicted, never returned from their hiatus) and signed with the same company as his friend, taking off even higher with modeling services for bigger brands and also a solo career.

 

***

 

Two years later, everything in Jimin's life finally seemed to be moving in the right direction, he had more money than he ever imagined (helping his family with what he thought was prudent and fair), new friends, an apartment overlooking the Han River. Until Mr. Yang, the president of his new company, arranged a meeting with him to request a new partnership that had everything to be a blast.


The project consisted of a duet that was supposed to repeat the success of Jimin's first group, he and the newest alpha soloist hired by the company would sing a dance hit about summer, heat and a forbidden love, in theory everything was perfect, but in practice Jimin felt like he was going to faint before the president finished speaking, the singer in question was Jeon JungKook! That's right, the most sought after Alpha in the whole country, he had long black hair, tattoos on his strong arms and his profile on Tiktok was the most watched of all time, after all the boy rapped and fought with the skill of an elite Alpha but sang and danced with the skill of an Omega and that was a very rare combination, he was a complete artist. Everyone wanted a piece of JK, even older Alphas looked up to him, Jimin was just another one.


The times they met to record the song and later in a movie studio for the music video, JK proved to be even more dreamy than Jimin had imagined, the boy was helpful, polite and unfortunately also extremely professional, he never paid any special attention to the little omega, he only spoke to him as much as necessary.


On the morning of a lazy Monday, three friends were working out in one of the many private weight rooms at HYGI. JiYong took turns walking and running on an electric treadmill, and in front of him Chaerin, an alpha girl who was also a contract rapper, was doing weight lifts with her legs. Jimin arrived last and walked over to an elliptical machine opposite his two friends, praying that neither of them would notice what he was up to, but Chaerin was an extremely playful alpha girl and made a joke without realizing that it might create a bad mood.

 

- WOW! What a treat, Jimin! What kind of new cologne is that? If I didn't have a girlfriend, I would drag you home by the hair. - The Alpha girl sniffed the air while laughing loudly but without interrupting her practice.


Jimin closed his eyes tightly and waited for JiYong's reaction, which he was sure would be terrible; his friend was obsessed with safety rules and had an eternal distrust of all Alphas who weren't his friends.


- Congratulations, Chaerin! My congratulations! - The pink-haired boy rolled his eyes and continued. - I'm sure your girlfriend would love to hear about it.


- Stop being such a nag, JiYong, you know Dara is a Beta and doesn't have half your Omega boring sensibilities!


- You are a dear friend and I refuse to continue this discussion just because I want you to remain one! - The model walked over to Jimin while she sniffed the air. - Hormone enhancer? Are you out of your mind? Have you seen how many fans and Sasaengs spend their days camped out in front of this company? Many of them are Alphas, can you imagine what they would understand if you were to walk around smelling so vulgar?

 


- Vulgar? For God's sake, JiYong! All the Betas who work in this company and most of the Omegas like to use perfume to feel good! - Chaerin growled.


- Do you really think being harassed by an army of stinky men makes one feel good?


- Ji, I just rubbed it on a little, I didn't mean any harm, I just want to get someone's attention. You've already made it very clear to the whole world that you can't stand alphas, but they are my preference.


- And what insane person wouldn't look at you NATURALLY, Jimin? After me, you are the most beautiful boy in this company.


Chaerin laughed out loud and Jimin cringed in embarrassment, not only at his friend's overconfidence, but also at such an obvious seduction technique.


- I've been taking suppressants since I was really young, it's not often that I'm attracted to other boys... I just wanted to seem irresistible, me and him have been together on business many times and he never noticed me, today is our last day together to shoot promotional videos at the dance studio, I want to ask him out afterwards, but I don't think I'd even know where to hide if he dumps me.


- Enough, I'm out, I refuse to listen to this kind of craziness. - The model said in a loud and altered voice.


- Hyung, I can't believe you don't understand me, he's too fragrant, too strong and too handsome!


- "Fragrant"? Do me a favor, he and all the alphas from the production team live in that recording room and make the whole floor stink like a zoo!


Chaerin continued to chuckle out loud.


- Ji, honestly, what is your type? - Jimin asked, seeing his friend's cheeks turn bright red for the first time. - We all know how handsome and nice JK is, I'm starting to think that you're making all this fuss because you want him too.


- Me? Do I want that maknae who looks more like a rabbit? Not in my worst nightmares.


- He's not big enough to please our friend Ji. - Chaerin laughed some more as she watched JiYong's face turn purple with embarrassment.


- Ahhh. - Jimin gave a feline grin - do you like the big boys, Ji?


- You guys are ridiculous. - JiYong picked up his bag and left the room.


- CL, you have to tell me more about this, I've never seen Ji so upset! This story must be interesting to say the least.


- Now that you have a clue, he should tell you himself at some point. - Chaerin was a loyal friend and would never let the situation go beyond a mild joke.


- I'll take a shower and catch up with you after I leave the studio, and if all goes well, maybe JK and I will grab a cup of coffee later.


A few hours later, as he stood in the studio hallway, Jimin's heart stopped. In the middle of the hallway was JK, smiling from ear to ear and holding hands while talking to a beautiful beta girl who was part of the company's newest girl group, she was also the fans' favorite just like his crush was.