♥ His Dream ♥

Forever Yours

♥Minho POV♥

The fumes around me were intoxicating as I struggled from the chains that were draining me of my dignity. My hands gripped the cold glass tighter, letting the condensation soak into the pores of my hand as my mind drifted to somewhere further than where I was. I set the empty glass down and pushed myself up, up and away from the evils that surrounded me. I pushed past the heavy bodies, who although drained, continued slipping deeper and deeper into a dangerous world that they had no control of. A world where wrong seemed right, and actions spoke more than slurred and drunken words. The path to the exit was imprinted in my mind and I didn’t need to be sober to find a quick escape route. Hands pulled and shoved me, but I didn’t care, I just needed to get out of the nightmare I was trapped in.

What was I thinking? Why was I trying to replace her with things like them?

I shoved the thoughts to the back of my head as I inhaled the fresh air outside. The bright lights offered me little comfort as I stumbled along the uneven sidewalk, my hand desperately clawing at the rough walls to keep my body up. The buzz of the night disorientated me as I stumbled towards a street lamp. It’s offered its hand, I took it. I pushed myself up and shook my head.

How long has it been since I had drunken this much? Where was Onew hyung on a night like this? It was Saturday.

It was then that I suddenly heard it, a voice. The voice was scared and uncertain; it trembled like aged leaves on an autumn day. I turned my head sideways; it was coming from the alley next to me.

How many times had this been a regular occurrence? Drinking and then dreaming. It was all too familiar for me. It was the only escape I had; only in my drunken state did I dare to dream about such things. Her voice, her smile, her eyes and even her touch were a mere impossibility when my mind was awake. Even her name was only spoken in my delusional state, as the pain when I’m conscious is too much to bear.

I rubbed my eyes and continued into the dark alley, she wasn’t alone. As I delved deeper and deeper into the alley, I became unsure. The dim street lamp cast a gentle light against her face; surely my eyes were deceiving me. It was cruel for my eyes to be deceiving me this way, but at the same time it was a thrill to be deluded in such a high quality way. I could see her, although her smile was now hidden by a mask of fear, she was still there, hidden away, cowering like a small prey.

“Ya! I’m talking to you punk!”

Heavy footsteps were now making their way towards me. A voice inside my head was screaming RUN, but I knew that as soon as I ran my delusion would be left lingering in the night air like incense at a temple ceremony. I didn’t want to lose such a high quality mirage. Whether it be the effects of the lights or the alcohol that I had so feverishly devoured, I just wanted to hold onto it for a little bit longer. I wanted to reach out and touch her, just once, I wanted to feel her warmth envelope my hand and overflow through my fingers, just once more. Slowly my hand moved forward, ignoring the raging anger that was headed my way. My eyes were transfixed on nothing but hers. For a fraction of a second I began to wonder why I hadn’t done this earlier, at least if I had had this much to drink at home, surely I would be in a much safer position. Only seconds now before my hand would be able to touch her cheek again; however the raging anger was moving a lot faster than my shaking hand.

A sharp discomfort entered my stomach, something was there that wasn’t supposed to be. As a human being, you become stronger at your weakest point, and here I was, at one of my weakest moments. My right hand instinctively surged forward knocking the intruder away, but I could still feel the strong discomfort in my abdomen. I could feel myself floating backwards, landing with a thud against the cold, dirty alley way ground. Shadows were cast around me as my ears became filled with unfamiliar voices.

“Isn’t that Choi Minho from the Flaming Phoenix?”

“It is... leave, just quickly leave.”

Shoes scampered around and past me as I lay on the ground, broken. Not physically, but my heart was now aching a hundred times more than my body. The delusion had disappeared faster than it had come to me and now I was suffering the after effects of living in such an impossible state. I could feel drowsiness coming over me now, and as the black veil began taking over, a familiar face suddenly appeared. I held onto it, fighting against the dark veil that was slowly and forcefully being pulled over my eyes. I memorised her face before I drifted away, my last mirage.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Author's Note: It's okay if any of you have things you would like to throw at me.
I SINCERELY apologise for my lack of updates. I went away on holidays and then had to jump straight back into a million assignments so I have neglected all my fanfics. -.-

I hope I can be forgiven with this short but eventful update, though I wouldn't be surprised if no one is reading anymore. -.-