♥Mirror♥

Forever Yours

♥Minho POV♥

“Hyung, we have to go in now.”

Onew turned and glared at me, I had spoken a little too loudly, it might have blown out cover for sure.
I whipped my head back to the enemies I was going to be dealing with soon. The leader of the pack scanned the horizon, his stance stiffened and he crouched slightly, a defence stance, in case any danger came to him. A stance that I was used to seeing in front of me, not that it had ever stopped me from getting what I wanted.

“Get ready.”

My hand slid along my ankle until it was on the handle of my pocket knife. Adrenaline was flowing through each and every vain in my body as my eyes narrowed in on the target.

“Go!”

The word I was all too familiar with sent my body flying forward even before my brain had figured out how I was going to land. The dust of the warehouse jumped and leapt around my shoes as I ran and threw myself onto the leader. An angry yell chorused through the empty warehouse, creating a frightening echo that lunged into my ears as we wrestled amongst the rusty barrels and charred timber of their hideout.
From the corner of my eye, I could see Onew playfully attacking the henchman. I grew frustrated, trying not to think about what would happen if he ever messed up when we was always so careless.
Suddenly, pain shot through my face as I felt my bottom lip split at the edge. I was bleeding. The taste of rust filled my mouth as it trickled down the side of my face while I fell. My back landed with a thud as the dust enveloped my body, leaving me winded.

“You’re a bit young for this. Don’t you have a family to go to? Though, you leave me no choice.”

My chest felt heavy as the leader leaned against me with his arm, I felt something cold against my neck. I flinched. But I had to think fast. When it came to moments like this, I could never wait for someone to rescue me. I had to fight for myself. I shifted my leg under his weight. I positioned my foot against his stomach and with everything I had left, I kicked him off me. I got up quickly, knocking him down with one blow. My knife was steady and up against his neck. I stared at him, long and hard.

“Where is the money?” I demanded, I could see the terror in his eyes, but I had no choice.

“Don’t kill me. I’ll tell… I’ll tell. It’s been taken to the Imperial Dragon.”

A roar of fury ripped from my chest. Out of frustration, my fist allowed itself to discharge a heavy blow onto the man’s face.

“Hyung! This is a decoy!”

Onew stopped his arm in mid-swing and looked at me in disbelief; a bit like when I told him we weren’t having chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jokes aside, I refocused on the leader’s bruised face.

“Tell your boss to Watch Out, mark my words.” I said the words slowly and precisely, imprinting it into his thick head.

I allowed myself to punch him again before getting off him. I slid my knife back into my pocket and wiped away the blood stains on my face. I breathed heavily as Onew let go of the henchman, dusting his hands off on the henchman’s tie.

“Nice working with ya.” he winked, before turning and joining me.

As we both left the building my mind focused itself on something else. Something I thought about after things go wrong.
Her.
I was ashamed of what I did. Everything that I was doing was wrong. I imaged to myself how angry she would get if she knew, how she would lecture me as if I was her student.
I let out a sigh as I got into the car, I wiped the beads of sweat away from my face and laid against the leather seat. The engine started and the car began moving.

“Do you have to go into such deep depression every time you hit someone?” Onew asked as he handed me a bottle of water.

I gave him a ‘you-should-know-better’ look, as I twisted the cap and threw it on the floor. I skulled half the bottle and wiped my lips roughly.
I hated decoys.
Not because they were time consuming, but only because I had caused injury to someone who didn’t need to be hurt.
In a way, it mirrored what I had done to her, that’s why I hated it so much.
I had hurt the person I had wanted to protect . I had hurt the person that didn’t need to be or deserved to be hurt in any shape or form.
For me though, by hurting her, I felt that I was some how protecting her.
What she didn’t know, would never hurt her.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥