Don't You [Special Chapter 6]

the 1 (taylor swift x eunhae)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae held on to the table for support. He can feel his knees giving up on him. He was breathing heavily as he tries to calm himself. He can feel his heart beating rapidly because of their confrontation earlier. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

 

He finished packing his things. He bid goodbye to the staff and gave final reminders on the coffee to be sent to the shooting site. He then proceeded to go out and made sure to avoid running into any production staff or the shooting site itself.

 

Donghae arrived home. He went straight to his room, dropped his things on the floor and threw himself on to his bed. Laying on his back and staring at the ceiling, he recalls his conversation with Hyukjae earlier. He’s thinking, is he the bad person for not coming back? For taking his time in processing all of the things that has happened? Was he in the wrong for choosing his peace?

 

He has loved that man for almost half of his life. But in the end, it wasn’t him that he chose to be with. It was really painful for him to see the other love someone else. They may be bestfriends, but he doesn’t want to hurt himself by staying by his side. Because he will never be able to move forward in his life if he’ll keep being by his side. It wasn’t an easy decision. He let go of that one person he bare his soul to, the one who knew every inch of his being, the one person he entrusted his everything with.

 

Hearing from Hyuk that he misses him doesn’t really help at all. Donghae felt like Hyuk doesn’t consider his feelings at all.

 

Donghae fell asleep while having these thoughts running through his head. It was already dark when he woke up. It was almost 10pm and he’s feeling hungry. He decided to get up and cook some ramyeon.

 

After he finished eating, he figured that he won’t be able to sleep right away as he just woke up an hour ago. Now he is on his way down to get some fresh air and walk around.

 

It was already late and there are not much people around. Most of the shops in the area are closed already. Donghae was just walking mindlessly feeling the cold air of the night. After a few more laps around the area, he decided to go back home.

 

As he approaches the building, he saw a familiar figure standing by the entrance, leaning against the wall with his head down. It was Hyukjae. Donghae was wondering why the other was on the entrance of the building. He approached him.

 

“What are you doing here?” Donghae asked as he stopped in front of him.

Hyuk lift his head to face Hae. His cheeks were all red, eyes are a bit droopy and he reeks of alcohol. Hyuk smiled at him. “Hi Donghae”

 

Donghae is now sure that the other is drunk. Hyuk tried to stand up straight but he ended up wobbling. Fortunately, Hae was fast enough to catch him as he held him by his arms. “Why are you here? Where is Jaehyuk?” Donghae asked again as he was looking around. Being wary if there are any people around or if his manager is around.

 

“He’s… Uh. He’s… I don’t know wheresdjlnc—” Donghae was able to catch him as Hyuk collapsed on him. “Why is this guy so drunk when it’s just the first day of their shoot?? Ugh.”

 

Donghe didn’t have a choice. He put the other on his back and carried him up to his apartment. When they have arrived at Donghae’s apartment, he gently put down the other on his sofa who was still sleeping soundly. Seeing Hyukjae sleep was both a familiar and unfamiliar feeling for Donghae. It was one of his favorite things to do when they were still together and it’s a view he’s been trying to forget. He can’t remember the last time he saw the other sleep.

 

Donghae realized he has been staring for too long. He looked away and took a deep breath. He decided to search the other’s pocket to look for his phone but his pockets were empty. Where did he come from anyway?

Donghae decided to wake the other up. He can’t let Hyuk stay there overnight.

“Hyuk. Hyuk. Wake up” Donghae called to him as he is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter