We Didn't Start The Fire

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: this is probably the chapter readers are looking forward to. Choice of song for this chapter is 'We Didn't Start The Fire' by Fallout Boy.

 

 



 

The long trip to Seoul was less than exciting, as not only was Dara stuck with Kim Jaejoong in the car, but also had to endure his poor taste in music. The guy's narcissism was through the roof - he literally played ALL the songs from his own albums, starting from his EP album to the latest ones released earlier this year.

 

That was before he stopped making music, went on hiatus, and suddenly came to Malcom.

 

Why did he stop making music and coming to her hometown? She has no idea.

 

She only caught snippets as the Malcom College students buzzed with excitement about a famous idol spotted in their small town. It turned out to be Kim Jaejoong, who would also be attending their school—an idea that immediately struck Dara as bizarre.

 

If you're famous and popular in the country, why would you choose to live in a small town where the construction of a movie theater is considered the most exciting event? Not to mention attending a small community college. It just doesn't make sense to her.

 

Frankly, she didn't care.

 

At first, it was intriguing when Kim Jaejoong joined the Theater Club, only to find him arrogant right away. He wasn't humble and openly enjoyed the attention he was getting at this school. It was like he was flaunting to everyone that he was the best thing that ever happened to this town, and Dara saw through him right away - not only arrogant but also a two-faced .

 

She noticed that when he signed autographs for his fans, he could be friendly, accommodating, and even flirtatious at times. However, once they turned away, his smile faded, replaced by a scowl, and he appeared annoyed as if their presence were bothersome to him.

 

She caught him in those situations many times, openly scowling at him in he noticed her doing that at one point. Since then, it seemed like he made it a mission to annoy her every day and highlight the difference in their economic statuses. 'You're poor, I'm rich.' something like that.

 

Well, her comeback usually was calling him a wash-out idol many times too, obviously striking a nerve with him. It made her day when the arrogant smile on his face disappeared, revealing the stripped-off nice celebrity facade.

 

Maybe that's why they don't like each other very much. He pissed her off, she pissed him off.

 

So, it was truly shocking for Dara that she was even sitting in his car, and stuck with him for three hours to be his date for this big event in the capital city when they only existed to annoy each other endlessly in the small town Malcom.

 

'The irony is on me.' She thought, sarcastically.

 

If she thought she would be stuck with him forever with his annoying choice of music, those concerns vanished as they arrived in the big city of Seoul.

 

She tried her best not to look too impressed, but, damn. Wow, Seoul. Jesus Christ. It's just another new level of high.

 

Big and tall skyscrapers flashed before her eyes.

 

She had only been in Seoul once or twice or maybe more than that in her lifetime but the memories were already fleeting. She was here when she was still a child tagging with her mother when she was still involved in theaters. But Dara could still remember how enormous this city looked to her little self back then but it seemed it had gotten even bigger now that she's come here older. The tall buildings are just everywhere.

 

The metropolitan city of Seoul is a bustling urban center with a dense population, towering skyscrapers, and cool infrastructure.

 

The cityscape is a mix of modern architecture and historic landmarks. Based on what Dara sees from the windows as the car drives past the city, it has the feel of a vibrant neighborhoods.

 

The streets are just alive! With the constant movement of people, vehicles, and a fast-paced environment.

 

It's pleasantly pulsating her.

 

"You can close your mouth now, Park," Jaejoong interrupted her reverie as he pulled over to a big, once again tall, building—undeniably a five-star hotel with a central canopy welcoming elegantly dressed guests. There's even a glossy red carpet laid out in front of the sea of spectators and paparazzi.

 

The life of a celebrity.

 

She was still on cloud nine when Jaejoong opened the door on her side and guided her out of the car, her hand resting on his elbow as they walked to the entrance. She barely noticed him tossing his car key to the valet as he led her inside the five-star hotel with enormously beautiful chandeliers twinkling with diamonds above them.

 

Everywhere sparkled around Dara, and she felt dizzy amid the sea of well-dressed people, a few of whom stopped to greet her date.

 

Yes, her date – the celebrity Kim Jaejoong, who looked dashing in his grey suit and wore a boyish smiles.

 

Boy, did Dara underestimate Jaejoong's popularity in the big city? She witnessed countless people approaching them to greet Jaejoong, engaging him in small talk before leaving with smiles on their faces. However, she couldn't help but notice something odd about these interactions.

 

She blinked at him.

 

"What?" Jaejoong asked her as he led her deep into the party.

 

"A lot of people came to greet you." She stated as if it wasn't obvious.

 

Jaejoong grinned. "Liking the attention, Park?" He teased.

 

She half-scowled but grinned back as she looked around again.

 

Jaejoong smiled as he pulled her closer to him. "This is what happens when you're seen with me. All eyes on you."

 

Dara looked around. Indeed, many eyes were curiously fixed on her. She should feel awkward and nervous, but not right now—she's quite enjoying the attention.

 

"Ditch the country bumpkin now? And date me?" Jaejoong asked, still teasing.

 

Dara shrugged as she looked at the tall guy in his twenties strutting in a striking pink-colored suit, strolling towards their direction. "I'll consider it once you come back to this city so I can enjoy the perks of being with you." She looked up at him. "I admit, this is not bad, Kim. I actually like the party."

 

He whistled. "Ohh, you didn't strike me as vain and materialistic, Park. But then, aren't we all in theater?"

 

Dara fell silent for a moment. She did like sparkly and expensive stuff. She even liked her time admiring Madame Kwon's walk-in closet full of treasures. If she could afford it, she would shower herself with them, no arguing with that.

 

She smiled, it's a nice dream but then it's just a dream.

 

"Jaejoong, darling! I'm glad you made it!"

 

The cheery voice came from the tall guy in his twenties wearing a pink suit, whom Dara had seen approaching their direction earlier.

 

The happy-looking guy is tall, lean with broad shoulders, and undeniably handsome, with beaming brown eyes. His tousled hair, clipped with fake green highlights, suggests to Dara that he won't be interested in her or any females. The guy is confidently gay, not hesitating to show it, evident in the pink-colored suit he's proudly displaying. He takes pride in who he is, and rightfully so, given his striking good looks.

 

"Kwanghee," Jaejoong greeted warmly, hugging the guy. He then pulled her towards him and introduced them both. "Kwanghee, this is Dara Park, my schoolmate, and my date tonight." He motioned with his hand. "Park, this is Kwanghee, my manager."

 

Of course, Jaejoong will have a manager.

 

Kwanghee looked at her interestingly, and without warning, he put his finger on her chin, studying her face closely. Dara sweat-dropped at the close proximity.

 

After a minute, Kwanghee let go of her chin and smiled at her. "Hi, beautiful. It's nice to meet you. Interested in having a showbiz career in Seoul?" He then looked unimpressed at Jaejoong. "Why didn't you tell me you have a beautiful friend back in that solidarity place you call the countryside?" He then frowned at him. "Speaking of which, done sulking up there? Because, holy mother of Christ, I have tons of beautiful projects lined up for you here, Kim Jaejoong. I'm starting to get impatient."

 

Jaejoong laughed as he waved his hand dismissively to Kwanghee. "First, you cannot recruit Park to be one of your roster of talents. She's cunningly capable of doing that on her own." He winked at her, earning a frown. He couldn't let go of her ways of getting her lead role back without her confirming it. "Second, I'm not done sulking up there. I need more time." He glanced behind Kwanghee, and his eyes briefly widened. "Third, I'll get us drinks. Please excuse me, ladies." And off he went to the bar to grab drinks.

 

Kwanghee watched him suspiciously as he turned around to see what made Jaejoong stiff, then quickly turned to face Dara again. ", it's the Director Miranda," he whispered to her. "Is an old woman with bob hair, not beautiful, heading this way?" He asked her.

 

Dara looked behind him and didn't see the woman he was talking about. Miranda backtracked in walking in their direction and headed to the bar instead. She shook her head, signaling "No" to Kwanghee, who sighed in relief.

 

"Thank the mother of God, muffin. I'm so done dealing with that woman," Kwanghee said anxiously.

 

Dara just smiled. She wondered why Miranda made Jaejoong and Kwanghee act like this.

 

"Well, I'm sure you already know this, but Director Miranda is obsessed with Jaejoong. She's been calling me every day to get an update from Jaejoong on when he's coming back to Seoul, so she could give him projects she thinks are perfect for him," Kwanghee filled her in without Dara asking him. "As if she's not the one who drove him away from the limelight in the first place!"

 

Oh, that's intriguing. Again, Kwanghee has no filter for sharing info with her.

 

"The sabotaged a song and music video meant for Jaejoong, who was really looking forward to working on that project. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter