nine

pretty u // saida x svt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua had just finished his shower and was busy searching through his closet for his favorite tracksuit when he heard a faint knocking on his door. "Come in," he called out, not taking his eyes off his search. 

Dino entered the room, a sheepish smile playing on his lips. Joshua couldn't help but chuckle, knowing exactly what this conversation was going to be about. He pretended to be oblivious, asking Dino, "What's up?" 

The boy mumbled, "Uh, well... I was just thinking if I could... skip school today?" He played it cool, running his finger along the edge of the drawers before finally sitting on Joshua's bed. "I mean, I didn't miss any classes last week, and if I go to school every day, my teacher will start worrying. I can't let the girls think I'm turning into a goodie-two-shoes. I have a reputation to maintain, you know." 

Joshua shook his head, still wearing a smile. "Sorry, Dino, but you're going to school. I'll drive you, Vernon, and Minghao there," he said. 

"Hyung, listen to me—" 

"No, we'll both get in trouble. Just put on your uniform, head to the dining area, and have your breakfast." 

Dino let out a dramatic sigh. "You guys really don't have an ounce of love for your youngest sibling," he lamented, reluctantly standing up. He put on a sad face and added, "Fine, I'll eat now. Just know that you've made me incredibly sad today. I doubt I'll be able to smile at all in school." 

Joshua laughed, shaking his head in mock disbelief. "Why am I always the one dealing with these stubborn boys? Seungcheol-hyung and Jeonghan-hyung always find a way to escape this house so effortlessly," he muttered, finally spotting his favorite tracksuit. 

 

In the dining area, Jun, Minghao, Vernon, and Wonwoo were having their breakfast when Joshua joined them, taking a seat on an empty chair. Sensing the silence, Joshua broke it by asking, "Where is everyone?" 

"Mingyu dropped Sana off at her school and then went to his own. He just texted me," Wonwoo replied. 

"And what about the other boys?" 

"Hoshi left really early. He mentioned having an important meeting at the company," Jun shared. "Woozi also left for work. Seungkwan and Dokyeom went with Seungcheol-hyung and Jeonghan-hyung. It's just the six of us here." 

Wonwoo looked at his brothers and added, "Where's Dino, though?" 

"I told him to put on his uniform," Joshua said. "He came to my room asking if he could skip school." 

Jun chuckled and said, "He asked us too." 

"Why didn't you guys just say no right away? Why did it have to come to me? You all know I have a soft spot for all of you." 

Vernon chimed in playfully, "Really? So, can I skip school too then?" 

Joshua shook his head and exclaimed, "Even you... Wow. Hey, Minghao, you're not going to ask me as well, right?" 

"I would, but I have philosophy class today. I don't want to miss out on the fun," Minghao replied with a smirk. 

"What's taking Dino so long? Did he go to sleep again?" Jun asked. 

"I'll go check on him," Wonwoo volunteered, standing up from his seat. 

"You should. You're his favorite hyung," Joshua said, adding with a playful tone, "But don't let the flattery get to you, Wonwoo. He has to go to school." 

"I'll try to get him up," Wonwoo said, feeling a bit uncertain about how effective his persuasion skills would be. 

 

 

The four boys continued their breakfast in silence until Joshua suddenly gasped, catching the attention of the others. They raised their eyebrows, curious about his sudden reaction. "I just realized..." Joshua began, his eyes widening. "You all know about it too, right?" he asked. 

"What do you mean?" Vernon asked, looking perplexed. 

"About Sana," Joshua replied, his mind flashing back to the night when the five of them, including Wonwoo, had tried to protect Sana's secret when she was drunk. "It was the five of us who fought over the microphone, right? That means you know about it too." 

"Oh," Minghao said, his eyes widening as he remembered. He nodded in agreement. "You're right. It was the five of us," he added. "I'm still surprised that so many of us know about it." 

"What surprised me even more is that Vernon knows about it," Jun commented. "He barely left his room, but somehow he knew. How did that happen?" 

"I wasn't sure at first, but I had a hunch because I saw Sana-noona with that person's photo as her phone wallpaper. I also told Wonwoo-hyung about it, but we thought it might just be something girls do when they're friends... although I don't really have a basis for that," Vernon explained, pausing for a moment and glancing at Jun before continuing, "But then that night, I walked out of my room to find something to eat. I saw you and Sana-noona having a conversation, so I didn't want to disturb you. I had some cereal and went back to see if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter