six

pretty u // saida x svt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed, and Dahyun arrived early for her first class of the day. Feeling tired, she dozed off on her desk, completely unaware of her classmates trickling in one by one. Jeongyeon and Jihyo, her two friends, sat behind her, engaged in a conversation about their upcoming science project. However, their attention soon shifted to Dahyun, who was still deep in slumber. 

"What's wrong with her? Didn't she sleep last night?" Jeongyeon questioned, raising an eyebrow in confusion. 

Jihyo shrugged, a knowing smile playing on her lips. "You already know what happens. Falling in love comes with a price - lack of sleep. You stay up all night, talking with the person you like for hours, as if nothing else matters," she said. 

"I can't say you're wrong. But think about it, being in a relationship and being a gamer feel the same. Gaming also keeps us up all night." 

"At least you can stop gaming anytime, right? It doesn't require you to invest so much time. Being in a relationship can bring a lot of pressure, so I don't think it's for me. I might just focus on my well-being and find happiness on my own." 

Amused by her friend's perspective, Jeongyeon couldn't resist a playful jab. "Hey, you know we're still young. You can be anti-romantic or whatever you want to call it... maybe being a narcissist? But things could change in the future," she said. 

"Loving myself doesn't make me a narcissist!" 

Jeongyeon smirked, clarifying her point. "I meant that the way you said it made it seem like you wouldn't be willing to compromise in a relationship if things got tough," she muttered. 

Jihyo paused, contemplating her friend's observation. After a moment of introspection, she admitted, "I think I'll just accept that. I can be quite self-centered." 

"Well, at least you're aware of it, right? Just don't rush into dating until you've figured out how to address that aspect of yourself." 

"Honestly, dating feels like too much for me. Maybe that is how it is...just not for me, or at least that's what I keep telling myself," Jihyo whispered, a hint of resignation in her voice. 

Dahyun sat back up, letting out a yawn and stretching her arms, unaware of her surroundings. Jeongyeon and Jihyo noticed her awakening and couldn't help but chuckle. They playfully tapped Dahyun's shoulder to grab her attention. The latter girl turned to them, her eyes slightly swollen from her deep nap. 

"Hey, the first class just ended," Jeongyeon informed her, trying to keep a straight face. "The professor specifically said not to wake you up." 

Jihyo joined in, adding a touch of mischief to the prank. "He even mentioned that if you didn't wake up before the class ended, he would give you a special quiz. The rest of us are exempt, but you were sleeping, so it's just for you." 

Dahyun's eyes widened in alarm as she stood up abruptly. In a loud voice, she exclaimed, "What?! You should have woken me up then!" 

"No, he specifically told us not to!" 

"But we're friends! Is he your friend now? I thought we all equally despised him here." 

Jeongyeon quickly reassured Dahyun, her tone lighthearted. "We're just kidding. The class hasn't started yet." 

"Yeah, stay calm and take a seat. Maybe fix your hair a bit too." 

Dahyun checked her watch, realizing that it was all just a playful prank. She let out a relieved sigh and settled back into her chair, still facing her friends. Speaking with a hint of lingering sleepiness, she shared her reason for being tired. "Hey, I thought it was true. I feel like I've actually slept for so long," she murmured. 

Curiosity sparked in Jihyo's eyes as she asked, "Why are you so sleepy?" 

"I had to come here early before my brother woke up. He tends to steal my car, and I didn't want to ride my bicycle again. Sacrificed a bit of sleep for that." 

Jeongyeon interjected, suggesting a solution. "Why don't you ask Sana to come and pick you up? That's one of those cheesy things people do when they're dating, right?" she said. 

Dahyun's eyes widened, clarifying their relationship. "We're not dating... yet." 

"Oooh, what's the deal then?" Jihyo asked. 

"Ah, I don't know. I still haven't met all of her brothers. That's something I have to face. I've heard some of them can be really intimidating." 

"But really, Dahyun-ah, you're brave for not backing out yet. I would have been really scared if I were the one who liked Sana and learned that she has thirteen brothers. That's such a big family. I'd be thinking about how to make all of them like me," Jeongyeon confessed. 

Jihyo chimed in, emphasizing another challenge. "That's right. And, to be honest, I'm bad at remembering names. Thirteen brothers? Ah, I can't even name a single disciple from all thirteen of Jesus's." 

Dahyun burst into laughter, surprised by Jihyo's unexpected joke. Jeongyeon teasingly added, "What do you mean? Are you dumb? You don't know anyone? Not even Jackson?" It caused Dahyun to laugh even harder, finding the conversation entertaining.  

"Jackson? Since when did Jackson become a disciple? Isn't he from the other class?" 

"Ah, there's no Jackson there?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter