ten

pretty u // saida x svt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun arrived home and spotted her grandmother busy preparing an early dinner. The aroma wafting from the kitchen made her stomach growl.

"Wow, what is that? It smells really good," she exclaimed, unable to resist the tempting scent.

"It seems like you have another motive for being here," Do-hyun remarked, sporting a smirk on his face.

"Hey, don't act like you know me so well," Dahyun retorted, playfully scolding her brother. She leaned in closer to her grandmother and whispered, "Can I ask you something?"

"See? I told you she needed something!" Do-hyun interjected, shaking his head in mock disbelief.

Dahyun addressed her bothersome brother, saying, "Hey, why are you even here? I need to talk to Grandma, so just leave."

Curiosity piqued, Do-hyun leaned in even closer, insisting, "What's so important that I have to leave? I want to hear it too. What is it?"

The girl let out a sigh, finding her brother's persistence a bit tiresome. "Oppa, why are you so annoying?" she questioned, exasperated. "Anyway, Grandma, I have a friend who might come over for a science project. She's my partner, and we don't really have a peaceful place to work on it. I was wondering if it'd be okay for us to do it here instead."

Amused, the grandmother glanced at Do-hyun and playfully remarked, "A peaceful place? With your brother here, how can this ever be a peaceful place?"

"Grandma, that's too mean!" Do-hyun protested, wearing a pout on his face.

Dahyun muttered under her breath, "What's so mean? It's true anyway. But still, I have no other choice. Being around one brother is more peaceful than having thirteen brothers around."

Perplexed, Do-hyun questioned, "What? What thirteen brothers?"

"My friend has thirteen brothers."

"What the... hell? Were they aiming to make a whole basketball team?"

Dahyun rolled her eyes and redirected her attention to their grandmother, seeking an answer. "So, is it okay? She may sleepover too because we're planning to work on it all night," she explained.

The old woman nodded and reassured her, "Yeah, of course, everyone is welcome here. When is that, though? Do you already have a date set for it?"

Dahyun replied simply, "Friday."

Do-hyun interjected, "Ah, you can't do it on Friday. My team is coming here for a sleepover too. It's a celebration because our proposal was approved by the head."

Surprised, Dahyun glanced at her grandmother, silently questioning the truth of Do-hyun's statement. "Yes, he told me about it last night. How about choosing another day for the project?" the old woman confirmed.

"I don't think we have any other day available for that. What should I do?" she whispered to herself, contemplating her options.

 

Sana cautiously emerged from her room after a phone conversation with Dahyun. Dahyun had informed her that their house wouldn't be available on Friday, so they needed to find another place for their project. Sana couldn't think of any other place but her own home. However, she worried about her brothers being nosy and constantly distracting them during the project.

Another concern nagged at Sana's mind. She had confided in Jun, her brother, about her crush on Dahyun. Although Jun seemed supportive, she knew he would be keeping a close eye on Dahyun. It was inevitable that her other brothers would notice and start suspecting something, which didn't sit well with Sana.

"Why are you standing in the way?" a voice snapped Sana out of her thoughts. She turned around to find Seungkwan with a puzzled expression on his face. "Oh, sorry," Sana whispered.

"Are you alright? Were you thinking about something? Did you have a bad day at school? Did someone try to hurt you? Tell me, I will—" Seungkwan bombarded her with questions, growing increasingly emotional until Sana had to hold his shoulders to calm him down.

"Oh my god, calm down!" Sana said, gently tapping his shoulders.

"What's going on? Why is his face red?" Vernon, who had just come out of his bedroom, asked as he took off his headphones. "Is he mad about something that doesn't even exist again?" he added.

Sana giggled, scratching her head. "It amazes me how you two are so close despite your distinct personalities," she remarked. "You're always so calm," she told Vernon. Shifting her gaze to Seungkwan, she continued, "And you're always on edge."

"I just care for you, Noona," Seungkwan replied, shrugging off Sana's hold on him. "You know I'd beat up anybody who tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter