eight

pretty u // saida x svt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu dropped his sister off at school, "Noona, are you sure that you're okay? Is your head still hurting?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. Sana paused, her mind drifting back to the events of the previous night. A nervous feeling crept over her as she wondered if she had said something she shouldn't have while she was drunk. Despite her brothers acting normally, she couldn't shake off the uncertainty. 

"Noona, are you spacing out?" He let out a sigh and suggested, "You know, if you're not feeling well, you can skip school. I'll ask Seungcheol-hyung or Jeonghan-hyung to write an excuse letter for you." 

Shaking her head, Sana reassured him, "No, no, Mingyu. I'm fine. I'll call you immediately if I need anything. Don't worry." 

Mingyu pursed his lips, mumbling, "Yeah, sure. But if I don't answer right away, call our other brothers instead... Ah, Wonwoo-hyung. He's not busy today." 

 

Dahyun parked her car and stepped out, adjusting her backpack and putting on her cap. As she turned around, her gaze landed on someone in the distance, unmistakably Sana. The sight of Mingyu's sports car confirmed her suspicions. 

In her mind, she pondered, "Should I approach her? What should I say? Should I apologize for not picking up on the signs and realizing she wanted me to ask her to be my partner?" Shaking her head, she sighed, "But if that's not the reason she's upset, I'll come off as presumptuous. That won't help my case either." 

As the car drove away, Dahyun realized she couldn't waste any more time. Taking a deep breath, she placed her hands in her pockets and whispered, "I'll talk to her." With determination, she took her first steps toward Sana, who was making her way along the university roads. 

Dahyun called out loudly, "Sana-yah! Wait for me!"  

Sana turned to face her, a hint of flustered surprise on her face. The conversation with Jun and the realization that she might be falling in love with Dahyun had left her feeling scared and unsure of how to handle these emotions. 

She stood motionless, caught off guard by Dahyun's sudden appearance. It took a moment for her to realize that the girl was already standing in front of her, wearing a sweet smile. Sana's heart raced, confirming that her feelings for Dahyun were more than just a simple crush. It was love, unmistakable and overwhelming, even if it felt too early to say so. 

Dahyun noticed Sana's gaze and felt the need to break the silence. Maybe the girl was waiting for her to say something, anything. Nervously, Dahyun swallowed and decided to give it a try. "Um... your hairclip looks cute on you," she said, instantly feeling that her words sounded lame.  

Clearing , she chuckled nervously and continued, "It's... a little crooked, though. Wait, let me fix it for you." With gentle hands, she unclipped Sana's hairclip and adjusted it neatly. "There!" she exclaimed happily, not noticing the blush on Sana's cheeks. Dahyun looked into the other girl's eyes and couldn't help but say, "Pretty." 

"Pretty... what?" 

"You," Dahyun replied absentmindedly. Realizing her slip-up, she quickly corrected herself, "Pretty... your... um... hairclip." 

Sana puckered her lips and inquired, "Just that?" 

Dahyun smiled warmly and responded, "Who do I like? Is it the hairclip? No, right? It's you, the one I like. So, of course, you're always the prettiest." 

"You know I'm still upset with you, right?" Sana muttered. 

"So, you're really mad at me?"  

Sana continued to give her a joking glare without saying a word, and then started walking. Dahyun followed suit, confused. "Why do you keep walking away?" she mumbled, massaging the back of her neck. "Hmm, hey, let's do the science project together," she suggested. "Let's be partners."  

Sana glanced at her and replied, "We can't." 

"Why not?" Dahyun asked, her tone serious.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter