Chapter 5

Depend on You

Hi! I was able to finish this today, I hope that there aren't many mistakes, I'll check it out later though. So the big day has come, I hope that it won't disappoint anyone. Thank you all, as always, for reading and keeping up with this story! I hope that you all are doing well! Take care!

 

 

So it was decided. Nayeon was truly going to get a second chance. Even if it was still quite unbelievable to them all. Sana was hopeful, as she always tried to be. She had a good feeling about it. And about Mina. She couldn't even fathom a chance that Mina could be playing them. She also was sure that Nayeon and Momo matched her energy. 

The following day, she was ready for the day full of positivity. She didn't have to overthink every word she wanted to say around Mina anymore. It was all settled. Now, they only had to agree on a day and a time. Then, it would all become much easier. 

But before she could go to work, Nayeon and Momo gave her instructions one more time on what to tell Mina.

 

"Remember. Let her pick everything. The day, the time, the place, the people. Don't try to persuade her into anything she didn't propose." Nayeon said in a hurry as she was putting on her shoes. Momo walked up to them and started getting ready as well.

 

"I know. I am going to respect her agency and her feelings." As if she wasn't doing that already. But she let Nayeon worry just a little bit about the whole thing.

 

"Saying it so proudly as if you didn't harass her." And of course, Momo has to chime in.

 

"I literally didn't! She's not scared of me and she's definitely weirded out." Sana huffed, annoyed. Momo only smiled innocently and patted Sana on the head.

 

"Ok, update up immediately when you finish talking. Give me a call."

 

"Sure, now go or you'll never leave." Sana smiled reassuringly and hurried her two friends out of the apartment. And she let out a sigh, though she couldn't quite say if it was one of relief or of something else.

 

 

She had to wait to see Mina until 12 pm. And she planned to bring lunch with her again. At that point, she was trying to make it their thing. Mina didn't seem bothered so far. Though in all honesty, it was quite impossible to read Mina. And the fact that she was observing Sana's every move as if she could see deep inside, made it even harder to figure anything out. It was all fine though. Sana was sure that soon they were going to be closer. Especially when Mina accepts Nayeon's apology. Right…? She felt a little uneasy when the possibility of Mina not being interested in Sana after she made up with Nayeon crossed her mind. Because that was the hidden reason for it all. 

She shook her head. She couldn't think like that. She simply needed to work and show Mina that she was worth getting close to. So she gathered another set of goods she hadn't tried yet, prepared tea for Mina, and a cup of coffee for herself. And she made her way to Mina's office. 

Ms. Kim didn't even bat an eye when she saw Sana approaching and just gestured with her hand that the doors were open. Sana's expression brightened immediately and she opened the door. As expected, Mina was typing away on her computer, her brows furrowed just slightly, and her tongue was sticking out of her lips, as she was focused on whatever she was doing. Sana looked away and tiptoed to the desk, trying her best not to disturb the working woman. But Mina glanced at her quickly when Sana was putting down the tray. 

 

"I guess I'm a reminder that the break has started." Sana laughed, pretty awkwardly, then took her usual spot in front of Mina.

 

"Good thing you don't come with an annoying ringtone." Sana was sure it was a joke, but the delivery was so dry and serious that it was hard to tell. 

 

"I can search for one if you want." She laughed, this time comfortably. Mina looked at her again, a barely noticeable smile playing on her face. Sana averted her eyes and instead decided to choose which thing she was going to eat first. 

 

"I certainly don't. I have heard enough of them." 

 

"Right. Like once I made my favorite song an alarm because I thought that it would make waking up easier and give me energy. Well, long story short, I ended up hating that song after a month and waking up was still hard." Sana shared with a small roll of her eyes as she remembered the failed attempt. And then she looked back at Mina, her hand halfway to . As always, Mina's eyes were glued to her. She didn't want to think about how it made her feel, but she was sure that the implications were a bit worrying. She looked back at the triangle thing, she had no idea what it was expected that it was made out of French pastry and stuffed it into .

 

"That was a nice idea. Back when I was in middle school, Nayeon made her own alarm an overly loud horn. It woke up everyone in the house." Sana's lips stretched into a hopeful smile. Mina mentioned Nayeon, maybe it was pointing out something annoying, but it was said in a light-hearted situation. Therefore, it meant that Mina truly wasn't going to change her mind.

 

"That sounds like her. She keeps saying that she sleeps like dead and needs the loudest alarms. And thankfully, I didn't have to live with her before. So if anything, you probably can bond over that with Momo." Mina nodded, as she received the information and reached out for a slice of banana bread.

 

"Then you were not living together before?"

 

"Well, when we met I was living in a dorm of my university, while Momo was living in a small apartment near a restaurant she was learning stuff at. I was too lazy to live with her. The university was too far from her apartment. So after a month or so, Nayeon moved in with Momo, after she promised to work of course. I was wisting them quite often though." Sana explained and finished eating the pastry that turned out to be filled with spiced apples. 

 

"You two truly took care of her. Thank you." Mina sounded relieved. Sana decided to meet Mina's eyes because it would seem impolite to ignore her.

 

"I guess we're keepers. Gotta remember that." Sana replied, a little bit smug. Though the way Mina's eyebrows arched just slightly as she finished chewing wiped the smugness away.

 

"I think that I can fit it on the list of things to remember. Somewhere after the fact that Chaeyoung doesn't like red nowadays." So perhaps Mina was comfortable around Sana and she was interested in getting closer.

 

"Is it low or high on that list?" Sana asked in a rather tiny voice. And Mina actually laughed.

 

"Somewhere in the middle." 

 

"I feel like that spot would make it more prone to getting overlooked." Sana sighed with feigned sadness. 

 

"My work-related bias couldn't allow me to skip a point on a list." Mina explained, her more stoic tone comimg back. Sana didn't take it as a bad sign though. It just seemed like Mina was programmed by her work to interact the way she did. And the small breaks that Sana was seeing were going to show more often the closer they would get. 

 

"I can sleep peacefully then. I don't have to worry that you'll forget that I am friend shaped." Sana was proud of herself for not saying anything more embarrassing than that. But a look at Mina's expression eases some of that embarrassment. 

 

"You seem more relaxed today." Well, that was not the response Sana anticipated and she also felt incredibly bashful when she saw the way Mina was looking at her. She had absolutely no idea how to describe it, but it was as if she read right through Sana and was satisfied with her achievement. 

 

"Am I? I guess you just make me feel comfortable- I mean," Sana stumbled through the words and tried to say anything that would sound like something normal. But she didn't get the chance to defend herself because the door to Mina's office flew open.

 

"I hope that you're actually on a break or-" Sana jumped up from the chair and turned around to face the person that entered. It was a woman, around their age, with short black hair and very angry eyes.

 

"Jihyo? What are you doing here?" So that was Jihyo. Sana thought that it was good to know. And she wanted to introduce herself, but it seemed like it was unnecessary. 

 

"Is that the friend Nayeon sent to spy on you?" Sana pursed her lips and deflated her body. 

 

"That's not exactly the right description." Mina replied with a sigh. Though Sana thought that it might've been a pretty good description. 

 

"Wait, are you eating lunch together? What is even going on?" Jihyo looked from Mina to the tray with food and finally to Sana. Her eyes bored holes into Sana. Which was nothing like the way it felt when Mina was looking at her. 

 

"Yes, we're eating lunch together. It's not a crime."

 

"She was supposed to spy on you?! But you found out about it and you're just chatting with her?" So it seemed like Mina did not tell anyone about the fact that she was talking to Sana. Which judging by the reaction was a smart idea.

 

"Sana has nothing to do with what Nayeon did. And she helped me make my decision about what to do with Nayeon." Sana couldn't help but feel a bit warm all around when she heard Mina defend her even though she didn't have to do that at all.

 

"So it's Sana now. Not Ms. Minatozaki?" Jihyo threw her arms on the opposite sides in frustration. Sana glanced at Mina to see what would happen next. Mina rolled her eyes.

 

"I am not angry with Sana so I'm not going to act rude, especially when we will spend a lot of time together. And Sana isn't a bad person. She just wants to help her close friend and she's been supportive and understanding with me. So please, Jihyo, stop acting on your biased emotions." There was a brief silence and finally Jihyo groaned.

 

"You're so annoying. But fine, I'll stop being hostile. But, I need to witness what you just said myself." Jihyo finished with a fake smile and walked around the desk to sit on it next to Mina. Then she fixed her eyes on Sana again. Sana quickly collected herself and returned to her seat. Her eyes didn't dare look up at any of the two women in front. 

 

"So perhaps, it's a good moment to talk about the meeting?" Sana didn't feel comfortable returning to their previous conversation. And she did forget to actually talk about the important thing. 

 

"Oh, yes." Mina sounded like she forgot about that topic as well. Which didn't worry Sana, on it contrary, she felt a bit of excitement because of it. "I gave it some thought and decided that it would be for the best to meet in my apartment. Together with Tzuyu." Jihyo cleared and with a sigh, Mina added. "Jihyo and Jeongyeon too, I guess. You and Momo should join her as well. She'll appreciate having you there." Mina ended with a warm smile and Sana couldn't stop herself from mimicking it. 

 

"We'll be there. On a particular day?" 

 

"Friday, 6 pm." Jihyo said in Mina's place. But she didn't voice any protests about it.

 

"We can do that. Thank you again." Sana's hands moved up to hopefully grasp Mina's hands in a grateful gesture. But Jihyo's presence made her halt the movement.

 

"So are you done planning now? Can she leave?" Jihyo asked nonchalantly and Sana was ready to storm out of there and probably go hide in the bathroom to cry just a tiny bit.

 

"We haven't finished lunch yet." Mina tried to keep Sana inside though. Which was sweet and Sana also wanted to stay. But she was just a person Mina worked with. She didn't have an excuse to remain.

 

"It's fine. I think that you can finish it with Jihyo. As always, it was a lovely time. And we'll continue tomorrow, right?" Sana tried to sound casual and confident. Judging by Mina's worried expression, she didn't manage to act convincingly. 

 

"Of course. Thank you, Sana. See you tomorrow." Mina respected her decision. Before Sana could leave, they shared a bright smile. And as Sana planned in her head, she sped and walked to the bathroom right away. 

 

 

 

“Do you truly need to be so rude?” Mina asked with a sigh after the sounds of heels faded away. She glanced up at Jihyo who simply shrugged.

 

“I am more concerned about you being friendly with her.” Jihyo countered her complaint and crossed her arms.

 

“We are going to work together for a while, Jihyo. I would be unwise to keep a strained relationship between us.” 

 

“I hate it when you try to justify something as if you were trying to complete a business transaction.” Jihyo sighed and reached for her tea to give herself a moment to think about her response. 

 

“I don’t want to create a bigger mess. I didn’t change my mind. If we decide that Nayeon isn’t ready to be back in our life, we will distance ourselves. But even so, Sana will still be working with me and she is just an innocent party.” Mina spoke truthfully. She understood why Jihyo was acting the way she was. But she didn’t want the whole effort to go to waste because they couldn’t talk with Nayeon in a mature way.

 

“Fine. But I am going to fight them if they try anything.” Jihyo huffed angrily and Mina turned to her on the chair to slide closer and embrace her friend comfortingly.

 

“My hero.” Jihyo slapped her back playfully but started laughing with Mina in the end. 

 

 

An important part of the preparation for the talk they were going to have with Nayeon was a conversation with Chaeyoung. Mina was still quite unsure of what to do. Chaeyoung wasn’t mentioning anything about her biological mom. Though she wasn’t sure if it was because she didn’t know how to talk about the situation or because she had kind of moved on because she hadn’t seen Nayeon after that one time. And Haru had been keeping her mind off of it as well. Mina wanted to tell Chaeyoung about her decision though, to see if her daughter wanted to meet Nayeon at all. To carry out that conversation she had to wait for a moment when Haru wasn’t home. She created that moment herself by talking him into getting groceries. So it was just Mina and Chaeyoung for a while. 

After returning from the playground Mina cut up some fruits and went to the living room where Chaeyoung was playing with her dolls. Mina set the plate on the table and sat down on the floor next to her daughter. She observed her for a short moment, as she was setting the dolls into a bed that was made out of a plastic container.

 

“Can we talk for a moment?” Chaeyoung looked at her and smiled cutely. 

 

“Ok, they are sleeping now.” She said and pointed at the two dolls. 

 

“I can see that. Won’t they be cold though? Without a blanket?” Chaeyoung shook her head.

 

“They are really hot and didn’t want any blankets.” Mina nodded in understanding.

 

“I see. It’s good that you are taking care of them.”

 

“I am like mommy.” She replied happily and jumped into Mina’s lap with a laugh.

 

“Yes, you are.” Mina said softly and left a kiss on Chaeyoung’s forehead. “I want to tell you something.” Chaeyoung nodded into Mina’s chest. “You know that your biological mom is here and you know that she is my and Tzuyu’s sister. That’s why she wants to talk with us.” Chaeyoung pushed herself away slightly and looked at Mina with worry.

 

“But why?” 

 

“That’s what we want to find out. It’s going to be all right. Aunt Jihyo and Jeongyeon are going to be there with us. We will ask her what she wants from us and see what to do.” Mina tried to assure Chaeyoung that it was going to be fine, even if it was an unknown. “I’ll ask her if she wants to meet you. But only if you want to talk to her. I don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to.”

 

“I don’t know her. I don’t know if I want to meet her.” Mina caressed Chaeyoung’s head.

 

“That’s all right. You don’t have to do it. No one will be upset with you because of it.” Mina continued to reassure her daughter and Chaeyoung fell back into her and snuggled close. “We will talk on Friday, so in two days. We want to do it here so you can go with your dad to the zoo or aquarium.”

 

“But you need to go with us.” 

 

“ChaengChaeng, you’ll have a lot of fun.” Mina felt her heart clench at the sad tone and the way Chaeyoung whined at the response.

 

“But I want to go with both of you.” Mina sighed shakily.

 

“You’ll go with your dad on Friday and we can go somewhere together on Saturday. Can we agree on that?” Mina asked and smoothed Chaeyoung’s back. Chaeyoung mumbled something into Mina’s chest and then nodded. “Now, let’s eat the fruit I prepared.” 

Mina pushed Chaeyoung off of her and stood up to pick up the plate and place it on the floor. Chaeyoung had a few tears in her eyes but overall seemed calm. Mina made sure to do whatever Chaeyoung wanted to do for the rest of the day. And when Haru returned he joined them. Chaeyoung’s mood was way different then. Mina was always aware of it. That she wanted to spend as much time with both of her parents. Mina strived to be a good parent. But she was aware that some of her choices created a reality where they couldn’t avoid problems.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon received a message from Sana saying that everything was settled she couldn’t keep her sigh of relief, even though the other workers shot her a weird look. And on the way back, she couldn’t stay still. Even when Momo complained that she was distracting. Then back at their apartment, she must’ve bothered Momo and Sana way too much for comfort. She stayed in that state until Friday. When she felt worse. She started having doubts. Was it truly going to work? Could she really just go to them and ask for forgiveness? She knew that what happened didn't have a groundbreaking reason. And they may completely give up on Nayeon after learning the truth. So perhaps, she should give up and let them have their own life without her. 

 

"No, Nayeon. Get your up. We have 20 minutes left. And you need to look like a normal person." Momo's voice reached her easily through the blanket. Nayeon's hiding spot wasn't the cleverest, but it was never about that. She remained still on her bed, clinging to the cover. Then, Momo yanked it away from under her legs and successfully revealed Nayeon's form.

 

"Nayeon, we will be there with you. Mina said that she talked to everyone as well and made them behave." Sana sat down at the edge of the bed with a soft smile.

 

"When did she tell you that?" Nayeon asked with a sigh.

 

"Today. And Haru isn't there today either, he took Chaeyoung out. They went to a zoo. Apparently, Chaeyoung didn't really wanna go but she ended up being excited about seeing giraffes." 

 

"Do you also know what time Mina goes to sleep?" Momo said with a telling look.

 

"Excuse me for holding normal human conversations with people." Sana replied with a scowl. Nayeon didn't have the capacity to overthink the fact that Sana was still talking to Mina and seemingly they were getting along. While she herself was on the brink of death. 

 

"If it doesn't work out, we're going back to Japan." Nayeon announced and got up from the bed to quickly fix herself in the mirror. She didn't notice many things that were out of the ordinary. Though her hair were sticking out in all directions on her head and she had to brush them out. 

 

"One attempt doesn't mean that you should give up completely."

 

"We've been saying this like a broken record for the past 3 weeks." Momo added to Sana's words of encouragement. Obviously, Nayeon was aware of that.

 

"I'm going to die." Nayeon said frantically as she couldn't ignore the quickened beating of her heart and the heat she was feeling all around her body.

 

"You're not dying. And if you start to die, we know cpr." Momo walked up to her and massaged her shoulders, probably to distract her from what she was feeling. It might've worked temporarily.

 

"If you feel like you can't speak anymore, we'll be there to help." Sana chimed in and grasped Nayeon's hand. She had to do it. She had to face reality.

But her steps to Mina's apartment were heavy. Her mind was completely cluttered. She didn't hear what Momo and Sana were saying, even though she noticed their lips moving. She remained in that state, until the door to the apartment opened and Nayeon's eyes landed on Mina for the second time after years. This time, Mina welcomed them with a shy smile. A complete opposite to her first reaction. 

 

"Hi, come on in." Mina also sounded welcoming. So the things Sana told them about Mina were not made up. 

 

"Nayeon." She felt a hand pull her in. It was Momo's hand as she decided to help her enter. Nayeon was probably standing there frozen. So she took a deep breath and followed her two friends into the living room. They were greeted inside by Mina and three other women. Nayeon recognized Tzuyu instantaneously. But as quickly as she felt her heart swell, it broke a little when Tzuyu glared at her and then looked away. The other two were of course, Mina's good friends, Jihyo and Jeongyeon. They were matching their expressions with Tzuyu. 

 

"Please, take a seat." Mina said encouragingly and gestured to the empty chair by the table where everyone else was sitting. The three of them carefully sat down and looked around anxiously. In that short moment of silence Nayeon decided that she probably should be the one starting the conversation. 

 

"I'm truly grateful for this chance." She hoped that her sincerity extended to the people she was speaking to.

 

"We want to solve our situation and keeping the hostile treatment wasn't going to help our case." Mina's response was overly polite for the situation she was talking about. And it seemed like Tzuyu, Jihyo, and Jeongyeon wanted to object to that statement. They kept their mouths shut though. And yet another thing Sana wasn't lying about, Mina truly did keep them in check.

 

"It feels wrong. You, being so polite." Nayeon responded. Mina inhaled and seemed ready to say something back, but Nayeon raised her hand to stop her. "I mean, you should be just as angry as Tzuyu is right now. I deserve it. I didn't plan to get pregnant and have a family. So when it happened I went mad. And I was afraid to tell you because I felt like you would think that I'm cruel. For nine months I tried to change my mind, but you two were so happy and excited about welcoming a child and I couldn't feel that way. So I ran away. Without telling any of you because I knew that if I did, you would've stopped me and I would've stayed. And that would trap me in the life I didn't want. If you want to know if I was happy, then not really. I tried to pretend to be happy. Momo and Sana know all about it. Thanks to them I was able to get my together and reevaluate my life. Since then all I did was supposed to get me closer to coming back and fixing what I destroyed." Nayeon tried to give an explanation that wasn't too long and could still show how she truly felt. And with tears running down her cheeks she finished. "I'm so sorry. I just wanted you to know that." 

 

She held her sobs in and squeezed Momo and Sana's hands under the table. The rest was quiet. And it felt like hours before someone broke the silence.

 

"From the moment I found out that you're gone, all I wanted to know was why. Why did you leave? I have never realized that you felt that way. I just thought that you're nervous and anxious about being a mother. Not that you're so…devastated." Nayeon was stunned. Mina's tone was understanding. Not accusatory, not upset. And Mina must've realized that her words created confusion because she continued. "I am a mom, I've been one since the day you left. And I experienced everything that being a parent brought. If you hated the idea of becoming one so much that you ran away, I can't imagine that you would've suddenly fell in love with it. That doesn't mean that I think leaving was the best choice, especially without talking to anyone. But I understand."

 

"You…you understand?" Mina nodded with the faintest smile. Nayeon inhaled deeply, as she felt her whole being become a bit brighter.

"I don't know what to say."

 

"Just like that? You just forgive her?" Tzuyu asked Mina, anger spilling from her words.

 

"Tzuyu." Mina warned and shot the youngest sister a reprimanding look.

 

"I didn't come here expecting anything from you. The fact that you, Mina, are willing to give me a chance is beyond anything I expected. So it's fine if you don't want to forgive me, Tzuyu. I'll show you that I changed and I want to be in your life. And maybe one day, you can forgive me as well." Nayeon stated with more confidence than before. Momo and Sana squeezed her hands in support. Tzuyu stared at her, her expression blank. 

 

"Whatever, are we done?" The harsh tone returned and a frown appeared on her face. Mina sighed heavily.

 

"Yes." Mina's answer was enough for Tzuyu to get up and leave the apartment altogether. "She needs a bit more time. She thought that you left because you don't care about her. About us." 

 

"That's not true. Though I know that it looked that way. I love you both and that's why I came back." 

 

"And about Chaeyoung." Nayeon swallowed hard and nodded, encouraging Mina to continue. "She doesn't want to meet you yet. If you want to get to know her, you need to wait. Though I can tell you about her if you want." 

 

"It's ok. I'm just a stranger to her. Though I assume that if I know at least something basic about her, interacting with her would be easier." If Mina was surprised at Nayeon's response, she didn't show it. Nayeon knew though that it would be impossible to return without meeting Chaeyoung once.

 

"You can start by asking her in person about what her name is and what she likes to do when she's ready. But you can bring her a piece of strawberry cake as a little bribe." Mina said with a bit of humor. Nayeon made sure to imprint the advice in her mind. "And about Haru." 

 

"Yes, Sana told me that he's moved in with you. Honestly, he has some nerve. Couldn't he have left you alone?" Mina gave her a confused look. So Nayeon stopped talking.

 

"He wanted to take Chaeyoung away from our family back then. So I agreed to marry him. Technically, he has a right to stay here." Nayeon was speechless. Mina married him? Oh, Nayeon was ready to strangle that man. 

 

"Why did you agree? You don't even like him!" Nayeon saw Mina glance at Sana for a second. So she did the same thing. And her friend was staring at her lap with a guilty look. 

 

"I wanted to keep Chaeyoung. And his family only agreed to it because I agreed to marry him. He isn't that bad."

 

"He absolutely is." Jihyo spoke up for the first time and Nayeon knew that Mina's friends were telling the truth. 

 

"He mostly leaves me alone. And he is Chaeyoung's dad. She loves him so much. If I kept him away, I would only hurt Chaeyoung. We make it work." Mina tried to calm the situation down. And it worked, Nayeon didn't want to cause a scene. But she still was the biggest anti of the marriage. 

 

"Can't you divorce him?" 

 

"I don't know. I don't want to mess with Chaeyoung's mind and emotions more than we already do. I can do it." Mina brought her hand up and massaged the bridge of her nose. Nayeon always knew that her sister was strong, but she was still surprised. Because she was living the life Nayeon was supposed to and she didn't run away, she didn't give up. 

 

"You're so brave and strong, Mina. I guess it probably won't mean much to you right now but I'm so proud of you." 

 

"Thank you. I'm proud of you too. For doing the right thing." Nayeon felt her tears return and she tried to choke them down again.

 

"I guess we better be going. I don't wanna make you watch me wail and sob. But if it's ok, we can meet for a coffee or something, maybe tomorrow?" Nayeon said jokingly and hoped that Mina would agree.

 

"I'm sorry, I promised to spend the day with Chaeyoung and Haru tomorrow. But we should meet on Sunday." Nayeon pretended that the information didn't bother her. Because the idea of Mina willingly spending time with Haru simply felt off. But the fact that Mina agreed to her coffee invite hit her with excitement.

 

"Thank you so much, Mina. I am not going to disappoint you." Nayeon was going to make sure of it. No matter what would get thrown in her way, she was not going to let them down again. She was going to show them that she changed and that their older sister was back.

 

 

 

Once Nayeon, Sana, and Momo left the apartment, Mina sighed with relief and felt a lot lighter than before.

 

"That went well." Jeongyeon commented with a bit of shock in her tone.

 

"Yeah, I expected her to make some excuses but it seems like she owned it." Jihyo agreed and gestured for Mina to come back to them.

 

"We have to keep a positive look on this. I know Nayeon, she sounded sincere." Mina added and sat back on her chair.

 

"And maybe we can get on good terms with her again after learning that she hates Haru too." Mina rolled her eyes at Jeongyeon's statement. She knew that Nayeon wasn't going to be a fan of the marriage. No one was. But for Chaeyoung's sake, they needed to keep it. Though, in fact, Mina thought that Nayeon knew about the marriage already. After all, Mina told Sana about it. But perhaps, Sana didn't want to add on to Nayeon's worries.

 

"Now we just have to help Tzuyu through this." Mina changed the subject not so subtly.

 

"She needs more time. And I think that Dahyun will help too." Jihyo pointed out the influence Tzuyu's girlfriend held. Mina was sure that Tzuyu went straight to Dahyun's place. Which was the best choice she could make. 

 

"Well, we'll see. And in about 2 hours we'll have to tell Haru about the meeting." Jeongyeon was right. They would have to let him know that it went well. And they had to get ready for his outburst. Mina should just tell him before Chaeyoung's bedtime. So that he would stay calm. 

 

"I almost don't want to tell him anything." Jihyo said with a sigh.

 

"He deserves to know." Mina replied. And if he did, so did their parents, didn't they? "And I have to tell our parents as well." She put her face into her hands and wiped her face.

 

"Well, that's gonna be fun." Jeongyeon's sarcastic comment was the end of their conversation about Nayeon and the meeting. Though Mina didn't stop thinking about it. She knew that the news was going to cause drama that she wasn't ready for. Nayeon stopped being their parents' daughter the day she left. But it didn't mean that they were going to ignore the situation altogether