Chapter 11

Depend on You

Hi again! I hope that this chapter will be all right, I had some struggle with writing it the way I wanted to. Thank you for sticking around and enjoy!

 

 

Worry was her middle name. Of course, she didn’t want to go up there and knock on the door, to interrupt them. The fact that Sana wasn’t back at 8 pm meant they were having a great time. That was definitely why she wasn’t answering her phone when Nayeon texted her.

 

“You know that she’s just upstairs.” Momo said with a teasing smile.

 

“I know. But you remember what state she was in yesterday.” Nayeon replied with a huff and finally dropped her phone next to her on the couch. Momo patted her shoulder comfortingly.

 

“Fair. But let’s hope that they are just enjoying their time.” Nayeon sighed and nodded. She supposed that Momo was right. So she tried to relax. It wasn’t that effective but she didn’t say or do anything that would show that. 

And then at 10 pm, Sana finally entered their apartment. Looking…normal. She wasn’t jumping in happiness but she wasn’t crying either. She noticed Nayeon and Momo and smiled at them apologetically. 

 

“Hi, I know that I returned late again. I was at Mina’s the whole time. We had a bit of a…predicament.” Sana started explaining while walking toward them. She flopped onto the couch next to Momo and sighed. “Haru went off on me. He knows that I like Mina and I guess he’s scared of that. He even called me your friend, Nayeon. Mina is just…I can’t really find a word that would fully explain how bad she seems to be.”

 

“Excuse me?!” Nayeon bounced up from the couch to bore her eyes into Sana. 

 

“Yeah, he lost it. Mina kicked him out. I left when Tzuyu returned home.” That didn’t really explain anything and Momo knew that Nayeon was dissatisfied so she knocked Sana over the head. “Why? Oh, so we went to her apartment and of course, he was there. During dinner he started attacking me, he figured out that I like Mina and exposed it in front of Chaeyoung. Then he got kicked out. We didn’t do that much afterward. I helped her out a bit.”

 

“I am going to kill him.”

 

“Woah, ok, no killing.” Momo grabbed Nayeon’s arm and pulled her back onto the couch to calm her down. 

“I mean fair, but also I feel like we would screw up our alibis and would get caught easily.” Sana added, way too seriously. Momo sighed.

 

“We know that he is not right in the head, but now I am afraid that you two are going to plan his murder for real.” Momo voiced out her concern and it actually made Nayeon and Sana return to normal.

 

“Sorry. But I am witnessing this man actively ruining my sister’s life.” Nayeon couldn’t sound more angered. 

 

“It’s true. She said that she was going to talk to him once he was back. But she didn’t really seem to be thinking about getting rid of him.” Sana pointed out with concern.

 

“Well, the situation is complicated. She must be thinking about Chaeyoung first.” Momo’s guess seemed logical but it was no less bothering to Nayeon.

 

“I don’t care! She should think about herself first!” She exclaimed and got up from the couch again, her footsteps directed at the door.

 

“Hey, hey, hey. You can not just go there right now.” Momo called out to her and Nayeon stopped with a frustrated huff.

 

“I just wanna knock her over the head and tell her to send this man to hell.” 

 

“We hear you. I would agree but I also think that you should maybe do this tomorrow.” Sana said a bit reluctantly. Nayeon huffed again and walked back to the couch. The three of them fell into silence for a moment. Nayeon felt at fault for that whole situation. If she hadn’t left, Mina wouldn’t have been living that way. But at the same time, she didn’t want to blame herself out loud again. She had done it so often. Momo and Sana had probably enough of it for the rest of their lives. 

 

“I’ll do it tomorrow. We were meaning to meet, right? And with Tzuyu maybe we’ll be able to get through her thick skull. I know that she must feel like whatever this is, is wrong.” Nayeon spoke with a much calmer voice. 

“That’s a good start. Don’t be too pushy though. Let her think about it on her own.” Momo trapped Nayeon in a side hug. 

 

“I won’t be. I want what’s best for her but I don’t want to force her into doing something. I don’t want to be like Haru.” Nayeon sighed heavily and snuggled closer to Momo. She wanted to help, but knowing Mina, it was not going to be one bit easy. 

 

“And why are you all sulky now?” Momo nudged Sana with her free arm.

 

“Eh? No reason…” Nayeon and Momo stared at her suspiciously and she relented. “I was just thinking that I won’t be able to hang out with Mina…”

 

“Are you serious right now?” Momo deadpanned and rolled her eyes. Sana started whining and pushed Momo lightly.

 

“Shut up. I know that the meeting between sisters is important…I will just miss her…” Sana was on the verge of crying and Nayeon couldn’t even keep giving her a side-eye.

 

“Come on, you’ll still see her at work, right? You’ll be fine.” Nayeon reassured her almost sobbing friend.

 

“I know…” Momo shook her head and pulled Sana into the hug as well.

 

“Ok, let’s just stop worrying for now. We should retire for the night.” They didn’t argue with her and did as they were told. Though Nayeon was lying wide awake for a few more hours, thinking about everything that had happened and how she would deal with it.






She had no idea what to do. Mina liked to think that she was level-headed and could easily find her way out of a difficult situation. Yet, she couldn’t find a perfect solution to the reality she was living in at that moment. She knew not to start anything with Sana at that point. She knew that it would be a disaster. But she didn’t foresee that Haru would figure them out. Or that he would expose them so early…in front of Chaeyoung. There was no way that Chaeyoung didn’t understand what their argument was about. She would be angry at Mina. And to Mina that was unacceptable. Chaeyoung’s happiness was her priority. She would do anything to keep her daughter happy. Even if she had to stay with…

 

“I told you, you’re not even looking his way today.” Tzuyu interrupted Mina’s thoughts. With her words and with a knock on the head. Then she stood in front of Mina pressuring her to go to bed.

 

“We should clear it all up today.” Mina sighed and it was not the answer Tzuyu was looking for.

 

“No. You’re going to bed and tomorrow we’ll deal with him when Jihyo and Jeongyeon come over.” Oh…Mina looked away in guilt and Tzuyu read her thoughts easily. “What? Mina, you can’t just not tell them about this!”

 

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t think of that.” Mina apologized, her head lowered in shame. All she could think of was Chaeyoung’s broken heart. Tzuyu took a deep breath and sat next to Mina. She was quite stiff for a moment but in the end, she put her arm around Mina in a comforting gesture.

 

“I know what you are thinking.” Mina hummed in reply. “But you can’t just forget about your own happiness in this situation.”

 

“I won’t be happy if Chaeyoung isn’t.” 

 

“Look, Mina, I know that you love Chaeyoung the most in the whole world and all. But I don’t think that you will be fully happy even if she is." Mina could tell that in a way, Tzuyu was right. But she also couldn't fully accept a reality where Chaeyoung isn't happy. Even if Mina was happy in that reality to some extent.

 

"I'll be fine, as long as she is. Truly." Tzuyu fell silent but her hand started caressing Mina's arm. She probably gave up on trying to get through to Mina. It wasn't surprising, Mina wasn't going to give up on her decision that easily. She had to make sure that Chaeyoung was safe and happy. 

 

"Can we go to bed? Seriously, don't talk to him today." Tzuyu tried one last time. And Mina relented after a few minutes of sitting in silence. She was going to talk the next day and make sure that she didn't destroy everything. 




And she actually made sure that she did it in the morning, before Jihyo and Jeongyeon could get involved. She did it before waking Chaeyoung up as well. She got up from the bed much earlier as well. She got ready and made her way to Tzuyu's room that was occupied by Haru. She knew that was back because his shoes were standing neatly in the corridor. She knocked on the door and waited. He let her in almost immediately after. He was looking at her with guilt and regret. 

 

"I was waiting for you to come here." Haru started the conversation and Mina entered the room. 

 

"Tzuyu advised me not to do it yesterday." He nodded in understanding. 

 

"Before you say anything. I want to apologize for losing my temper." 

 

"I shouldn't be the recipient of your apology." Mina replied with more anger than she intended to give. 

 

"Yes, I'll apologize to Chaeyoung as well." Mina frowned and challenged him with her stare.

 

"Haru, you know who I have in mind." He inhaled heavily and looked away.

 

"I don't feel like apologizing to her." Mina felt the uneasy feeling in her stomach from the day before. 

 

"What you said about her, in the way you said it, was immature and rude. Sana didn't do anything." He looked back at her with an incredulous look.

 

"She didn't? She even admitted yesterday that she is into you." Mina certainly remembered that and she didn't like the way it made her feel at a moment like that one.

 

"That's not a problem." 

 

"Of course it's not a problem to you. You are into her as well." Mina was caught off guard. She had no idea how Haru would have figured it out himself. "I overheard you talking to Jihyo and Jeongyeon about it. You can't be serious, Mina."

 

"You can't just eavesdrop on me." Mina got defensive for a good reason, she thought. But Haru didn't seem to be moved by that.

 

"I'm glad that I overheard it. You can't seriously be thinking that this is a good thing? You have a family and. You're a mother. And you want to get into an affair with some girl you don't know." Mina couldn't form any words to talk back. Because she was thinking the same thing. 

 

"Mommy loves someone else?" Mina's heart jumped to and it felt like she couldn't breathe. 

 

"Chaeyoung, why are you up?" Haru sounded worried as well. But their daughter ignored him. She was staring at Mina, waiting for her answer. And Mina couldn't speak. 

 

"You don't love daddy! You want to leave us!" 

 

"Chaeyoung, no. That's not true. I'll never leave you." Mina said as calmly as she could and tried to bring Chaeyoung into a hug. But the little girl moved away.

 

"No! You're lying! You leave with Sana! Because you don't love us!" Chaeyoung screamed and burst out into tears. And Mina couldn't move a muscle. She couldn't allow Chaeyoung to be like that. Devastated, broken. 

 

"Mommy won't leave, Chaeyoung." Haru kneeled down next to her and patted her head. "She loves us. It's just Sana who is trying to make mommy leave. But we won't allow that, right?" He asked Mina. And she forced the words out…

 

"Yes. I am not leaving, Chaeyoung." 



And it was settled. Mina couldn't go back after that. Because Chaeyoung trusted her now. And Mina was always going to be with her daughter. But it wasn't going to be easy either. Because she knew that she would have to face Sana. And tell her that they should strictly be friends. Even though that was not what she wanted. 

She even prepared the whole speech she wanted to give Sana. She had to rewrite it several times because it sounded way too formal. Like Sana was her coworker, someone that didn't mean much to Mina. It was obviously not the case. Mina wanted to sound sincere. And she wanted to minimize the disappointment Sana was surely going to feel. 

She was almost ready to have that conversation when lunch time was close. One phone call changed it though. She felt guilty for feeling a bit relieved when she received it. Because it meant that she had to go meet with the crew for the business event. And she couldn't meet Sana that day. She told Ms. Kim to inform Sana about her absence and so she left. Hoping that Sana wouldn't be gutted to know that Mina wasn't going to see her.



Ms. Kim told her that Sana looked like a child that saw their puppy get kicked when she heard that Mina wasn't there. Which didn't make Mina any better. And her doubts weren't helping her with the whole situation. Her brain was giving her very mixed outlooks. But she kept silencing any doubts she had. Because she couldn't allow Chaeyoung to be hurt. 

When she returned home, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Tzuyu were waiting for her in the apartment. Of course, Chaeyoung and Haru were there as well. Chaeyoung was still a bit apprehensive with her. Which felt like her heart was getting continuously stabbed. 

 

"Can I say it?" Jeongyeon broke the silence they were stuck in since they finished dinner and managed to kick Haru out by telling him to take Chaeyoung to the playground. They sat Mina down in the living room and began the intervention. When no one answered Jeongyeon continued. "You're acting stupid."

 

"Jeongyeon." Jihyo warned her girlfriend and followed it with a slap to the arm.

 

"What? It's true?" Jeongyeon defended herself and Jihyo sent her another death glare.

 

"Mina is in a difficult situation. There's nothing about acting stupid." Jihyo was gonna side with Mina no matter what. Which wasn't what Mina wanted deep down. 

 

"I kinda agree with Jeongyeon." Jihyo rolled her eyes at Tzuyu's words and she sat down next to Mina to trap her in a warm embrace. 

 

"Chaeyoung was distressed, she was angry at me. I can't allow this." Mina finally said something. She had not spoken a word to them.

 

"We know this. We don't want her to suffer either. But we love you and we want you to be happy." Jihyo explained carefully with a soft voice.

 

"Exactly what I said. Mina you can't give up on everything." Tzuyu added a bit more force in her voice.

 

"Staying in this marriage is going to break you." Jeongyeon finished their argumentation. Mina knew that they were right. But it wasn't an easy decision.

 

"I know. But Chaeyoung is my main priority. I don't want to lose her." They fell silent. They knew Mina, she wasn't going to step down.

 

"Give yourself some time to truly think it over. Then you'll decide if you want to stay or leave." Jihyo proposed this as the last resort. And Mina wanted to agree. But she wasn't sure if she should.

 

"Come on, loser." Tzuyu exclaimed with annoyance and with a heavy sigh, Mina nodded.

 

"Ok." Mina said simply and as if on cue, someone knocked on the door. Jeongyeon was the closest to the entrance, therefore she was the one that checked who it was. 

 

"Oh, Jeongyeon. Hi." Nayeon's voice was loud enough for everyone to hear. Mina was thankful that Haru wasn't home at that moment. Very soon, Nayeon was in the living room as well. The easy smile on her face faltered and she took a good look at everyone. "What's with the grave atmosphere? Did that say something again? I swear I have had enough of him."

 

"You're not alone. But now we're kinda dealing with Mina's bull." Tzuyu said mockingly.

 

"Mina's bull? What did she do?" 

 

"Currently she wants to stay with Haru and ditch-" Jihyo cleared to stop Jeongyeon from finishing the sentence. After all Mina only told the two of them about her situation with Sana.

 

"Oh, when Sana told us what happened I knew that you may pull something like that on us." Nayeon sounded like a scolding mother. 

 

"Great, tell her how dumb this is." Tzuyu backed the eldest sister with ease. Mina wanted to escape. She had never felt so ashamed. She just wanted to disappear but Jihyo's arms were holding her in place.

 

"You know that he's awful. And what about Sana?" Nayeon shocked everyone with her question. 

 

"About Sana? What about her?" Jihyo asked, trying to get an explanation from the eldest sister.

 

"Well, eh…you know, that she…likes Mina?" Nayeon struggled through her words and sounded unsure. 

 

"So I guess we aren't the only ones that know." Jeongyeon shrugged with a relieved expression.

 

"So you guys just know that? But no one told me? I had to figure it out myself because Mina has been grinning and giggling like a schoolgirl." Tzuyu complained.

 

"That's a good description." Nayeon agreed with her sister and Mina had no right to defend herself. What they were saying was true. 

 

"As you can see Mina, everyone thinks that your idea is stupid." Jeongyeon directed her comment at Mina again. 

 

"I'll think about it." 

 

"Oh, you should. Because now that you mention it. Sana came back home crying again. Apparently, you weren't there during lunch and she couldn't see you. And now you want to ditch her?" Nayeon's attitude changed 180. Mina was even more ready to run away from there.

 

"Ok, ok, let's give Mina space and time to breathe. She needs it." Jihyo kept comforting Mina. Though Mina didn't think that she deserved it. 

 

"Fine. Well, I actually came over to get you and Tzuyu out of here. You know, sister's evening out." Nayeon announced. The last thing Mina wanted to do was go out, but she guessed that she most likely didn't have a choice.

 

"That is a great idea. Come on, Mina, get your up." Tzuyu said and gestured for Mina to get up. And Jihyo pushed her up. Mina had no choice…she had to relent and go with them. 




And it was quite something. Nayeon and Tzuyu kept the conversation going for the most part. They went to a cafe to get some drinks and then went to take a walk through the places they hung out in during their childhood. And Mina was busy thinking. Of course, her mind didn't change much in the few hours they were out. But the added pressure from everyone expecting her to do the opposite wasn't making her feel any better. 

 

"I remember, back when we were kids, Mina was so scared of going down the slide at our playground. She was bawling her eyes out and was crying out 'Nayeon, Nayeon, don't leave me, I am so scared.'" Nayeon laughed and Tzuyu followed suit. 

 

"I don't remember that." Mina replied because they were clearly waiting for her to say something that time.

 

"Aw, our baby doesn't remember being cute with me. After puberty you were so cold to me." Nayeon continued, fake crying. Tzuyu was having a lot of fun with that.

 

"That's true. You would always say something mean to Nayeon." Mina forgot just a tiny bit about her turmoil and was focused on her sisters clearly making fun of her.

 

"I wasn't mean. I just wasn't engaging in your silliness." Mina explained, her voice stoic but it was obvious that she was everything but stoic.

 

"And you're so uptight." 

 

"I'm not uptight, Nayeon." Mina defended herself. She had no idea what the reason for that attack on her was. But perhaps, she did after a moment of contemplating. Nayeon was clearly disappointed with her. Which was fair.

 

"You kinda are, she's got a point, you know." Tzuyu backed Nayeon up and Mina could only stare at them in disbelief. It felt like they were kicking the fallen at that point. But then, they burst into laughter.

 

"You don't get it? We used to playfully argue like this back then." Nayeon explained with a soft smile. And Mina did remember after Nayeon's reminder.

 

"I always sided with Nayeon and you would get all frustrated." Tzuyu added with a chuckle.

 

"Of course you did, you love your big sister Nayeon so very much." Nayeon teased and her hand ruffled Tzuyu's hair. Tzuyu moved away with an annoyed look.

 

"I will not admit to anything. And we were annoying Mina, so leave me alone." Tzuyu complained and Nayeon sent her an innocent smile.

 

"Well, I just felt the urge to tease both of you. And Mina is giving us boring reactions." 

 

"I'm not. I just don't understand the point of this." Mina said and Nayeon gave her a confused look.

 

"You're really uptight." Mina rolled her eyes. "We're trying to go back to our roots. Be the Myoi sisters again. Come on, let's forget that I'm upset with you right now." 

 

"You just reminded her so you didn't forget." Tzuyu commented and took a sip of her drink. Nayeon pushed her lightly and it almost made the younger girl fall. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm not in the right mood right now." Mina said and hoped that they would let her be. Though it seemed like her sisters had a different idea.

 

"Hey, we got a second chance at our sister bond. I just want to make it work." Nayeon sounded honest. Mina also, for the first time that day, decided to look at someone for more than a second. 

 

"I'm sorry. I want to do that as well." And Nayeon's smile was warm, her eyes gentle. Mina almost felt comforted by it. But the reality was a constant weight on her shoulders. 

 

"It's ok. Just remember, we're here for you. No matter what." Tzuyu reassured her and she walked closer to Mina to grab her hand. Mina appreciated the gesture. 

 

"So…where should we go now? I wanna see if the writing we left on the bridge we went to during summer is still there." Nayeon suggested. She chewed on her lip lightly as she waited for an answer. She must've been anticipating a positive answer. 

 

"Oh! We haven't been there in years. I wanna go see." Mina certainly was closed off to it at first, but it did seem like they settled into their old dynamic. And she didn't hate it.

 

"Tzuyu, you're acting like an adorable kid again." Nayeon feigned a sob and she wiped the nonexistent tears from her eyes. Tzuyu sent her a disapproving glare.

 

"I'm certainly not." 

 

"Mina, tell her. She's just our baby sister, isn't she?" Nayeon continued her teasing, her feet brought her closer to Mina as well. Tzuyu's hold on Mina's hand tightened. 

 

"Let's just go without her, Mina." Tzuyu countered the teasing, but Mina noticed that they were moving in the direction of their old hang out spot. And perhaps it wasn't going to be terrible. 

 

"Hey, it's supposed to be a sister's evening out!" Nayeon complained and attached herself to Mina's other side. 

 

"You're annoying though." Tzuyu's little sister persona seemed to have gone away. But Mina knew that Tzuyu was overjoyed inside. She hadn't let go of Mina's hand even for a moment. 

 

"I'm being myself. So we're going together. And do you remember what we wrote there?" Nayeon went back to the subject they abandoned to bicker a bit. 

 

"I…I actually don't remember. Mina, do you?" Tzuyu tugged at her hand lightly to encourage her. Mina couldn't lie to them, she wasn't sure what was written on the bridge. They were still young back then, so it could be something embarrassing. 

 

"Of course, you two don't remember." Nayeon whined, offended. "I can only count on myself with these things."

 

"Well, then what was written there?" Nayeon closed and avoided all eye contact with them. 

 

"Well, anyway, we'll see when we're there. So let's not dwell on this anymore." Nayeon suggested just to get herself out of an embarrassing situation. And that ended their conversation for the time they were walking. They would comment on something from time to time as a thought jumped into their heads. Mina remained relatively silent though. And no one was trying to force her to talk. The truth was though, that she felt better around Nayeon and Tzuyu. 

They arrived at their old hang out place when it was beginning to get dark. They still had enough light to see the letters clearly. They walked down a small path and there on a pillar were their writings, preserved. They read them in silence at first. It was easy to tell who wrote what and it brought laughter to fill the silence.

 

"I want to live with my big sisters forever." Nayeon read out loud, with excitement and a little bit of tease. 

 

"Couldn't be me. Someone else wrote it." Tzuyu gave her a weak excuse. Mina was surprised that this was what she wrote. 

 

"Our baby Tzuyu loves us so much. No wonder you live with Mina now." Nayeon continued teasing the youngest sister. And Tzuyu was sending her all of the death glares she could.

 

"It's just convenient." 

 

"Yeah, of course." Nayeon replied and stopped laughing. 

 

"Besides, what is yours? I want to be a comedian? You're not even that funny." Nayeon burst out into laughter when Tzuyu read the words out loud and added her comment. Mina had to admit that it was a hilarious wish.

 

"Hey, you always laughed at my jokes." Nayeon defended herself, albeit not very successfully.

 

"Maybe it's just that children laugh at everything." Tzuyu countered. That atmosphere, it was like back then, but at the same time it was different because of the way they changed.

 

"Anyway, check out this one." Nayeon changed the subject and moved to read Mina's wish. "I want to be Iron Man's assistant…" Mina absolutely did not remember writing that and the uncontrollable laughter Nayeon and Tzuyu fell into made her feel even more embarrassed.

 

"This is completely unfitting and it makes absolutely sense at the same time." Nayeon explained through laughter.

 

"I was young, this isn't an actual dream." Mina defended herself, sounding entirely too serious. Tzuyu pushed her playfully.

 

"I remember how obsessed you were with superheroes, it is so fitting." Mina forgot about her inner struggle for a moment thanks to the embarrassment she was experiencing. She was a respectable, sophisticated, responsible person. Wanting to be Iron Man's assistant was not fitting her image at all.

 

"Aw, our uptight, serious boss doesn't like her pure childhood dream?" Nayeon teased and trapped Mina's head in her arms. Mina sighed heavily and closed her eyes. She was not dealing with the feeling of shame well. 

 

"It's truly a shame that you can't make this dream come true." Tzuyu added and Mina yet again felt like she wanted to disappear.

 

"We saw the wishes, we can go now."

 

"It's too fun, I don't get to see you embarrassed." Tzuyu said with too much happiness for Mina's liking.

 

“This is unnecessary.” Mina tried to bring the teasing to a stop. Though her sisters certainly were not scared of her in any way.

 

“We could throw a costume party and I’ll be Iron Man so that you can be my assistant.” Nayeon added and Mina was ready to just get their arms off of her body so that she could go back home.

 

“Come on, isn’t this something we missed?” Tzuyu said much softer. And any other day, Mina would respond in a positive way. But she couldn’t do it at that moment.

 

“It’s just not the best time for this.”

 

“Mina, I love you, you know? I was seriously happy when you decided to give me a chance. But it seems like it was a bad idea.” Nayeon sounded devastated and her expression darkened. Mina wasn’t sure why her older sister was blaming herself for anything. 

 

“What are you talking about?” Tzuyu asked for more clarification.

 

“I mean, I came back, with Sana and Momo. We walked into your life, making it complicated and difficult. You would never have to make decisions like that if it wasn’t for me.” Mina wanted to argue. She didn’t like the fact that Nayeon was blaming herself for everything. But she also could understand why that was the case. 

 

“It doesn’t matter. If you stayed, you would be in my position, so it still would be a sad situation. And you wouldn’t have met Momo and Sana.” Nayeon took a deep breath and nodded to show that she agreed with Mina.

 

“Then at least don’t close yourself on us. And let us help. You know that Haru isn’t right for you at all. He is just trying to get you to stay for some weird revenge plot or something.”

 

“I am staying for Chaeyoung. She is really young and for her, we her parents, are the most important people. And she already lives through a hard experience because we aren’t a normal family. So I want to give her happiness and make her life less damaging.” Mina was tired of explaining herself to everyone. The fact that she was aware that her behavior wasn’t the best solution for everyone involved.

 

“Look, Chaeyoung is important, sure. But you’re just a coward.” Nayeon pointed at Mina, accusatory. And Mina didn’t know how to respond. 

 

“Nayeon, maybe that was a bit too much.” Tzuyu was probably agreeing with Nayeon, deep down. The reason why she was saying that was that she wanted to calm them down.

 

“Well as your sister, I am not going to sugarcoat it. You are really going to live a depressing life because you don’t want your daughter to be sad? She is going to get older, she’ll understand your situation and you can get her help from a therapist. But you just want to stay because it’s going to be easier than making a choice that would bring change. And change is uncertain, so you’re scared of it.” Nayeon finished with a deep inhale. And Mina couldn’t let out a sound. She just stood there, Tzuyu still holding her hand. She couldn’t even look at Nayeon. Because she was right. 

 

“Maybe we should get back.” Tzuyu broke the silence and Nayeon agreed silently. And Mina let her younger sister pull her along. She hadn’t said a single word to anyone after that. Even though Jihyo and Jeongyeon stayed till late at night. She only talked to Chaeyoung. She wished her a good night and told her how much she loved her. She didn’t tell Jihyo and Jeongyeon what happened, but she could tell that Tzuyu did tell them. And her best friends decided to give her space. Because Mina was even more confused and troubled after the conversation with Nayeon. 

Mina didn’t didn’t get any rest that night either. As she was busy thinking about her behavior and choices. And what she should be doing to make the right choice about the current situation. Because it was going to change her whole life. And she indeed was a coward, so no decision seemed right, unless it was something she was sure of. And the only one that she was sure of, was the one that was going to leave the most people hurt.