Blanc-Kim Scents

Bonjour winter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina

 

Sobrang sakit ng head ko ang aga-aga palang. I hate it so much na wala akong maalala! Wine lang naman ininom namin but I feel like some little Winters are currently nutcracking my head right now.

 

I just washed my head and sanity with a cup of coffee and then I grabbed my laptop so I could double-check the stuff that I will propose to my assigned company. I don't know how long will it take for me to settle my agenda here but I want to go home quickly. Don't get me wrong okay? France is so amazing but I just know that I don't belong here. I belong where my mom lies, nandoon kasi lahat ng plano namin for my journey to success.

 

For some people, having a list of plans or having your life all planned out might be frustrating. I know naman eh, I am not that stubborn to not realize that having a lot of expectations of myself might be the same thing to end me someday but my plans with my mother mean a lot to me. Eto nalang kasi 'yung way that I can do to feel her presence- It's like I am achieving these milestones with her. I am scared...

 

I am scared to forget what it feels like to have her around.

 

After taking a shower and clothing myself with some decent clothes, I fixed my bag and gets ready to go out. I fished my phone and contacted the secretary of my dad for the location of the company. Dahil nga puro pagtatalo ang nangyari saamin ni Winter kahapon, I failed to study the routes that I will need to memorize so I can survive here pero okay lang, I still have lots of days pa naman. Plus honestly! Winter is an extremely BAD tour guide, -10/100 won't try again.

 

[Telelet-telelet!]

"Hello, Miss Kang?"

"Miss Kang of Yu Marketing, how may I be of help?"

"Hey uh it's Rina, I just want to ask about the location of Blanc-Kim Scents?"

"Ah right sorry for not informing you early ma'am! I chose that apartment with the consideration of the place, you can just wait for a cab in the shed, and don't forget to ask them to put the meter on. The address will be sent in a minute"

"I see, thanks, Miss Kang!"

"All is well ma'am Yu"

Once I already got down, I went to the waiting shed to wait for a cab to stop by. I double-checked my stuff and once I was satisfied, I focused my eyes on the people around the city.  Totoo nga pala 'no? Paris is one of the busiest cities and it's just amazing to imagine na every people around here got their own story to tell, stories that are worth being told to the world yet right now, they're just our possessions. I used to dream of becoming a writer when I was a child because mom's bedtime stories inspired me so much tapos when I saw her in her uniform and saw how well she does at her work, that's when I was inspired to pursue the same road that she took.

 

Maybe except from that route when she took a jerk as a husband! 

 

Once a cab stops by, I immediately went inside. "Bonjour un chauffeur, pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît m'emmener à Blanc-Kim Scents?" (Hello chauffeur, can you please take me to Blanc-Kim Scents?)

I saw him acknowledge what I said and nod politely before answering. "oui bien sur madame" (Yes sure madame)

Oh right! "Pouvez-vous allumer votre compteur?" (Can you turn on your meter?) I added.

I heard his sigh before turning on the meter and nodding.

 

I am sorry un chauffeur but kahit alam kong you might need money, I can't tolerate this kind of act. This is something that I learned from traveling around the world since I was a little kiddo, kahit nasaan kang country- 'di mo talaga maiiwasan na maka-encounter ng gantong mga tao. Those people who will scam tourists kasi they're probably curious about the rates and currencies.

 

A little bit of later nakarating na ako sa building and here guys, I'm telling y'all. Their building screams elegance as you will be welcomed with their wide glass windows where their signature perfumes are displayed. The whole exterior is also classic with their matte-finished walls and the inside was illuminated by dim orange lights because they depended on the sunrise for the total brightness of their shop.

 

I shouted merci at manong then entered the building na. When I arrived at the front desk, I immediately greeted the person designated there and flashed a smile. (Bold = French)

 

"Bonjour, I am Kathrina Yu from the Yu Marketing Firm based in the Philippines and Korea. I believe that I have an appointment with the CEO of Blanc-Kim Scents today?"

 

The lady just smiled at me before checking her computer and then made a call with someone. She quickly got back to me and stood up to offer her hand.

 

"Bonjour madame Yu, I am Shin Ryujin and I am the secretary of the CEO Blanc-Kim Scents. Right here is Ms. Kim Minju and she's usually designated here at the front desk."

 

I politely smiled at both of them and shake both of their hands as I acknowledge their greetings. 

 

"You can wait here madame Yu, madame Kim will be here shortly. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience of waiting as madame Kim experienced an emergency this morning."

I just shake my head to tell her that it was alright then took my seat.

 

I updated Yeji first about the stuff that I currently experienced here in Paris and even sent her some pictures that I took yesterday and this morning while taking a cab.

 

[YEJI]: Girl sino naman 'to! Sabi mo you will update me agad when may nakita kang poging maganda but you didn't even tell me anything about this cutie right here!

 

Napakunot naman noo ko while reading Yeji's message then rechecked the pictures that I sent to her a few minutes ago. My jaw clenched when I realized that nahagip pala si Winter kahapon while I was taking a picture of the wine stall yesterday. Sumakit nanaman ang ulo ko when I remembered what happened this morning. Ugh, that troublemaker girl! I definitely hope that I will never get to see her again because isa sa pinaka ayaw kong klase ng tao? When they do things without permission. I mean I am CERTAIN that nothing ual happened between us that night kasi I woke up with all of my clothes on but the way that we're both in the same bed? I still feel harassed!

 

[KARS]: Sira, if only that girl was sane then sana I made reto agad. Don't worry pag may nakita akong matino, I will definitely tell you agad.

[YEJI]: Okay, sabi mo ha! I thought you were already gatekeeping that cutie with you right there. Sayang pogi pa naman girl!

[KARS]: I am here to remind you that I am straight AF Yej and no, open your eyes, honey. She's no way near pogi or cute!

[YEJI]: Whatever miss indenial. Road nalang papuntang Baguio ang 'di straight ngayon Kars!

 

I mentally rolled my eyes at what she said but squinted when I remember this Ryujin girl. I looked up at her and bingo! Attractive with her shoulder-length hair and charming fair. Sana naman matino na 'to because I think Yeji won't be able to wait anymore for the reto that I will send. I smirked and then told Yeji about my update na I might be able to find her someone na.

 

"Oh wow now after getting tired of admiring me, now you're after my secretary?" An unknown yet familiar voice echoed in the room, my eyes growing so wide due to the immediate recognition kung kanino 'yung voice na 'yun.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I asked her with 100% AGGRESSION because I swear this cannot be a damn coincidence- was she following me?

 

She was about to speak when I witnessed all the employees in the building bowed down and nangunguna 'tong si Shin.

 

"Bonjour madame Winter Kim, she's the first applicant for today" I curiously looked at Ryujin- and that's when I realized.

 

Kim... then Winter- Then she's the CEO of this company?! I gulped when my eyes traveled across her face and saw the reddish evidence of what happened this morning-

 

I SLAPPED THE CEO OF THE COMPANY THAT I NEED TO GET WTF!

 

"Cancel all her appointments. I don't need a marketing firm who slaps their clients." 

 

...

 

I gasped upon the realization and immediately went to hold her hand. "WAIT PLEASE, GIVE ME A CHANCE PLEASE!"

 

She just looked at me coldly- No actually, it was a cold front but with a teasing aura underneath.. . She then crouches a bit as she levels her line of sight with mine. "Why would I miss Yu?"

 

I breathe deeply before trying to clear 'yung namumuong bara sa lalamunan ko. I tried to look at her again, only to see her raising her eyebrows na para bang nag aantay ng next kong sasabihin.

 

"I-i really need this chance so bad, please this deal means a lot to me." With a shaky voice, I still managed to let my voice out of its cage. I am so desperate already, I need this so bad... Never mind my dignity na!

 

"Why would I trust a client who jumps quickly to conclusions? Rina, credibility is so important here but I think you lost yours already." Tinanggal niya 'yung kamay ko from my hold sa arm niya and was about to go when I held her hand again.

 

"I will do anything... Just don't take this chance away from me please..." I AM THIS DESPERATE NA  OH GOD, I REALLY CAN'T LOSE THE COMPANY!

 

I saw her get closer again, almost kneeling while wearing the same smirk on her face kanina. "Anything huh?"

 

I quickly nodded then confirmed 'yung narinig niya. "Yes a-anything, just please"

 

She nodded too tapos ginulo 'yung buhok ko before tumayo and pats Ryujin's shoulder.

 

"Let her know everything that she needs to know, I will work on something first then later I will meet both of the aspiring clients." Winter said bago tuloy-tuloy nang pumasok sa loob ng office.

 

I saw naman Ryujin nod before waiting for her boss to enter her glass-frosted office. She then turned around to face me then showed me a smile again.

 

"That's a first." She whispered na nakapag-pataas ng eyebrow ko.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Her giving someone a chance." She chuckled bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter