Prologue

Bonjour winter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina

My life had always been pre-planned. It's been set out since the moment that I laid my eyes on this world and my mother always made sure that I will be able to reach my goals while staying on the right track.

 

Siguro masasabi ko na she's actually my anchor and inspiration kaya simula noong bata ako I've always aspired to grow up to be someone like her. She's so pretty, smart, competitive- and every positive adjective na I can even think of. She's my role model and imagine how lucky I am when my role model is my mother.

 

I had to study in this prestigious school- so I did, I had to get the highest remarks in school- so I did, I had to enroll in this special course to have a better portfolio someday- so I did, I had to get into this strand so I can already have a background on what to expect when I'm already working for our company- so I did, and I had to get this course to make my parents proud- so I did.

 

I have this notebook where I keep my list of plans. It's my whole life in a notebook with letters etched together as if I am writing my autobiography. Written here are all of my goals, plans, and even what kind of wedding I want in the future- Of course, you won't get the privilege to know that before my future partner. Me and my mother worked on this simula pa noong bata ako, she made sure that even with or without her I will be able to determine a plan for myself. 

 

Everything in my life was sailing smoothly not until my mother had a heart attack and I had to halt studying for my midterms to rush her to the hospital with our maids.

 

Behold the first misalignment in my plans. 

 

What's the reason for it? She found out that may anak sa labas si dad and he's been supporting her behind our backs ever since. Imagine? All those years, I thought I had a normal family then suddenly I woke up and everything na inakala ko noon turns out to be a lie. I never had a normal family. I just had a family who seemed normal due to my father's lies.

 

THIS WASN'T IN MY PLAN.

 

Having a broken family- yeah, we might be all together but it's like putting broken pieces of glass together. We were never the same after that. Every meal that we had to take together was a complete torture for me.

Para bang sa bawat subo ko merong matigas na kanin na dapat kong lunukin even thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter