Fight or Flight

Bonjour winter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: Dad

Kath and Kazu, please report to me in my office this Friday around 2 p.m. We will discuss who will inherit the YU marketing firm.

 

Karina

 

As soon as I got the message, I almost threw my phone on my cousin's wall upon feeling that extreme frustration that has been burning in my head. I grunted as I disheveled my hair and threw myself back on the couch- surrendering to whatever emotions are taking me right now.

 

"Rina, what's wrong buddy? Please for the love of God, can you stop yourself from torturing my sofa?" Ate Irene suddenly appeared out of nowhere while bringing the snacks that she prepared for us.

 

She placed it down first sa mini table ng living room nya before sitting down beside me and softly patting my hair which was already all too destroyed dahil sa inis ko kanina. 

 

"What's wrong Rina? I hope you're not currently thinking of keeping this from me. Alam mong ayokong nagsasarili ka." She told me while wearing her concerned eyes. 

 

I sighed in defeat before shifting myself so I can rest my head on her shoulder then hugs her. "Ate, did I do something so bad during my past life that I had to suffer this much in this lifetime?"

 

I felt her chuckle before she carefully lifted my head up in order to look at me and then... pinches my cheeks so HARD. Omg ate stop torturing my cheeks!

 

"Really. What happened this time RIna? And no, I bet the past kathrina was also as nice as you." 

 

Nice as me? Can I consider myself as nice if I sometimes look like those evil stepsisters in those fairytales that my mother used to read to me? BUT AGAIN, can you blame me? I'm just awfully in pain.

 

"Dad just messaged me- actually I think me and Kazuha. He wants us to meet him tomorrow so we can discuss who will inherit my mom's company." 

 

I caught her furrowing her eyebrows for a second before noticing that big gulp in followed by her... of course another of her concerned gaze.

 

"Why would tito do that? I don't hate Kazu but alam naman niyang this is a big disrespect to Tita if he will ever give the company to his affair's child." Sighs. If only I know why ate.

 

"Every day I just keep on hating him ate! Bakit ba he's so so insensitive and selfish! He goes around making sure that his anak sa labas will be able to get a share of our family's fortune but he never dared to look at me and ask for forgiveness. He never even asked if I am alright after my mom passed away because of his fault!" I released my pent-up anger as I let the tears flow down my face. Naramdaman ko naman agad ang immediate na pag yakap saakin ni ate.

 

I am still lucky I guess because after all this stuff that I had to go through... Ate is still here to be my anchor to hold on to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Neng dito na ho tayo, mabilis lang po ba kayo o babalikan ko nalang po?" Kuya toto looked at me from the rear-view mirror after parking the car in the company's parking lot.

 

"I might take too long kuya pero hindi ko rin po sure. I can drive myself naman po pauwi para po makapag rest na kayo agad." I smiled to reassure him while I try to fix myself before going out.

 

Eto ang note ko sainyo guys, if makikipag away lang naman din kayo then dapat maganda kayong makikipag away. hmp.

 

"Ay naku ma'am, hindi ko po magagawa iyan, ayos lang naman ho saakin mag hintay." Ah this nice man.

 

Sometimes I think of kuya toto whenever I almost agree to my friends saying that boys are up to no good. Well, maybe this is the reason why the word "man" and "boy" are separated in the first place.

 

I chuckled before patting his shoulder and smiling at him again. "Kuya, I know that it's your daughter's birthday. Sige na po and don't forget to give kay Hayley 'yung gift ko ha."

 

Soon, kuya toto stopped protesting and gave me my keys na. Ka-close ko kasi 'yung anak niya, he sometimes bring hayley sa house namin everytime na walang magbabantay sakanya sakanila.

 

Of course, I don't want to hostage her favorite playmate during her birthday no! Sayang lang na I can't go to her today because... because

 

Ugh. Speaking of! I saw Kazuha walking ahead of me and greeting everyone in the office. I did the same and followed her to the CEO's office kung saan nila kami tinuro. I think she didn't notice me yet but the trembling of her hands didn't escape from my eyes.

 

What is she nervous of? Lol ganyan ba niya ka-gusto makuha ang company ng mom ko? Sorry agad but I didn't work this hard only to stop in this part. Malayo pa ang lalakbayin namin ng company ni mama. Plus I don't even know why dad is considering her!

 

Unang una sa lahat it's my mom's company and pangalawa? Hindi pa nga siya nakaka graduate, she's still in her third year in college! 

 

 

 

 

"Kath and Kazu, take your seats." I saw my half-sister's shoulder shake in shock when she noticed na nasa likod lang pala niya ako. She quickly sat down sa chair na nasa harap ko then proceed on looking down.

 

I stopped focusing on her and directed my attention to my dad who was still busy on reading the paper in front of him.

 

Ano ba, let's get to the point of this meeting na!

 

"Be patient Kath, I am just reviewing the terms that I have to present to you guys 'nak." I scoffed at the word "anak" and quietly sat on the chair opposite Kazuha.

 

He finally lifted his head up from the papers na binabasa niya and threw a glance at both of us. He took off his glasses before clearing his throat.

 

"I know that I already mentioned through my message the reason why I called both of you here." I saw Kazuha slowly nodding in my peripheral vision before I rolled my eyes. Tsk alam mo naman pala bakit pumunta ka pa.

 

"The thing is... I don't have any name with me right now kung sino ang magmamana ng YU marketing firm." And viola! There! He dropped the bomb. So what's the reason kung bakit kami nagsasayang ng oras ngayon with him?!

 

"P-pa 'wag na po kayo mag-isip, let ate have the company na po. Hindi ko rin naman kaya i-handle 'yung ganyan." I heard Kazuha speak while shaking. I mentally rolled my eyes at her "ate" as I threw my coat to her side. 

 

Psh giniginaw na nga ayaw pa magsabi, pipi ka ba?

 

"Kaya nga tina-train kayo para malaman niyo paano maghandle ng isang company and also sorry baby but no, both of you have to undergo this. If you'll insist on not participating then I won't let your ate have it either." 

 

What am I hearing now?!

 

"You can't do this Dad! You know how much I worked hard to be worthy of MY MOM's company! Hindi mo pwede gawin 'yan ng basta basta!" This is too much!! First, he wants my half-sister to compete with me for my mom's company then now naman he's even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter