After School Love [xadrimusicx]

Christmas Blues~ New Year Times~

To xadrimusicx

Genre: Romance- Simple/ Boy Meets Girl

 

***

 

Jihye stopped in front of the bus stop and stood there, in the cold, waiting for the bus to come.

 

She checked her watch and it said 4.30. She has half an hour before her last lesson for the year before Christmas break with her tutor at a school.

 

The bus finally came and she showed the bus driver her Orca card and then hopped on. She sat by the window on the right of the bus and watched as the city scenes began to go by her, one by one, in a sense of urgency.

 

In a matter of minutes, she was right outside the place where she was to be tutored with about another 15 students for her coming up SAT.

 

Her teacher was a young man, only 20 and was graduating from University of Washington in a few years. This was also going to be his last time teaching students outside of school because his school work was starting to pile up. Most of his students were girls and Jihye was sure that most of them were going to wish him a Merry Christmas. Not to mention they were going to confess their feelings for him also.

 

Jihye was just like the other girls. She liked the teacher too. But, she at least, have some common sense and wasn’t going to embarrass herself by confessing her feelings for him even though she was going to wish him a Merry Christmas.

 

Her teacher, Devin Kim was really nice to her. She went to his tutor classes about twice a week and more if she could or had time. It was the one place where she could kill time.

 

About two or three weeks ago, Jihye began to stay after hours to finish the homework he had set and that time, he had passed the class room and saw her frowning at a question and he decided to stay and help her.

 

They ended up finishing the homework together and getting to know each other a bit well also. When they were just about to leave, Mr. Kim, had grabbed her arm and insisted that he walk her home because it wasn’t safe for a 16 year old girl to be by herself in the middle of the night.

 

So, it became a habit. Jihye would stay after school to finish the homework and Mr. Kim, who she now calls Devin privately, would help her and then they would walk to her place together. They’ve become good friends and has each others number. They would text and call often and Jihye would ask him for help ruthlessly when she needs it.

 

Jihye was right outside the door right now and knew she was late instantly because she saw him standing righting something on the white board. She debated to sneak in but was instantly too late at her decision.

 

“Ah Miss Song. How nice of you to finally join us?” Devin, no, Mr. Kim said sarcastically and usually, Jihye would give him a playful kick but obviously she couldn’t do that today because she was in front of her class mates and that would mean that their relationship is too intimate and then she would be bombarded with questions after class.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim. I was late to catch the bus.”

 

“Take a seat Miss Song.” Mr. Kim dismissed her excuse and turned his back to her and continued to right on the white board.

 

Jihye made a note to be cold towards him later for his treatment of her today.

 

The two and a half hour passed by as quickly as usual with all the girls half concentrating on what he was saying and half checking him out.

 

When class ended, all of the girls instantly rushed to him and began to bombard him with presents and Christmas wishes.

 

Jihye just sat there, her homework in front of her and trying to concentrate on what the paper in front of her said but she was trying in vain. Deep inside, she knew she wanted to watch what was happening in front of her so she did.

 

“Will you please go out with me!” A girl asked and held her hand out to him while she was in a 90 degree bow.

 

All the girls watched Mr. Kim expectantly.

 

“I’m sorry. I already have feelings for someone. I’m sorry.”

 

The girl looked up and pulled back her hand instantly. She was on the verge of tears but she still tried to smile.

 

“It’s okay…I guess I should go home now…Merry Christmas Mr. Kim!” She runs out of the classroom, her tears flying out everywhere.

 

One by one, all the girls try out their luck, hoping that they were the lucky girls but one by one, Devin just said the same thing to them and they all left with tears.

 

When all the commotion was over and done with, Devin was left with a pile of presents, all kinds of sizes with all kinds of wrapping. He stared down at the and then looked up at Jihye who had an amused expression on her face.

 

“You’re not going to give me a present?” Jihye almost laughed.

 

“Nor a confession?” Jihye shook her head but she thought that there was disappointment behind those words? She didn’t know.

 

She went back to trying to decipher her homework while Devin slowly carried all his Christmas in rounds.

 

When he was finally done and he came down to sit next to Jihye with about 4 large bags filled with presents, Jihye was still stuck on the first question.

 

They began to work their way through the questions one by one and slowly, Jihye began to understand them better and better.

 

“You should give private tutoring.” Jihye suggested as they walked down the stairs and onto the street. Devin laughed and replied,

 

“If I did, I would become rich.”

 

They both laughed out loud and when the reached a joint, Jihye turned to Devin and said,

 

“Maybe you should go home. You have way too much to carry and my place is like exactly the opposite direction to yours. You’re tired too.”

 

Devin smiled and said,

 

“This is probably going to be the last time I ever get to talk you home at this time of the day. Can’t I do it for the last time?”

 

Jihye sighed.

 

“Fine.” She said and they walked on, not saying anything else.

 

Jihye was jealous. She knew and she wasn’t trying to deny that. But she just didn’t want to admit it to Devin as he kept on talking on and on about all the presents he had gotten this year and said jokingly that he should tutor again the next.

 

Jihye loved Devin but she wasn’t sure about what he felt about him…

 

“Listen…Devin?” Jihye stopped when she was about a block away from her house. Devin stopped and turned to look at her.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“I have something to tell you.”

 

***

 

I just really don’t know how to describe her I guess.

 

She’s not quite like the other girls I’ve met before. She’s patient, caring and understanding. She’s tough on the outside but really weak within. Around her, I just feel like I have the responsibility to protect her.

 

I’ve never felt the same way for any other girl before.

 

She’s the first.

 

But, she’s my student.

 

Whenever in the past, I heard of teacher and student relationships I just though, well, that’s just an irresponsible adult wanting to a younger girl to screw with.

 

But his feelings for Jihye was strong. Did that mean the I was an irresponsible adult?

 

I didn’t know.

 

The first time I had entered the class room, the first person I saw was her. She was sitting on the very side, right next to the window and was looking at me, not blushing and not fidgeting. From then on, I knew she was different.

 

She never giggled when I walked into the class room and she never blushed when I looked at her. She was just always so composed and calm whenever he was around.

 

So, when all my other students came and gave me Christmas presents and asked me out, I was disappointed that she just sat in her seat the whole time, looking at what was unfolding before her with amusement.

 

I was hoping that she would give him a present and ask me out because only she would I answer with yes.

 

*

 

“Listen…Devin?” The girl I ever loved for the first time said to me quietly, in her shy yet confident voice.

 

“What’s up?” I replied and looked at her, expectant. I didn’t expect her to give me a present and tell me that she loved me too but, at least she would give me a Christmas greeting right?

 

“I have something to tell you.” She continued after awhile and then she turned to face him.

 

Was it me or was she blushing?

 

“What?” I asked, curious. The bags I was holding to was dying to hit the floor so I let them.

 

She looked down at her shoes and finally, I could hold it in anymore. I grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a hug.

 

She felt awkward in my arms but then after awhile, she slowly rested herself on my arms and wrapped hers gingerly around my torso.

 

I knew I was being horny but I felt sparks as I felt her touch.

 

After who knows how long, I pulled her away from me gently and when she looked up at me, I looked back down at her and said to her quietly,

 

“What was it you wanted to tell me?”

 

She blushed and then looked back down at her shoes and I felt her arms around me loosen but I didn’t want her touch to disappear from me ever so I pulled her in towards me even more and said quickly,

 

“Nevermind. I have something to say too so I guess I can go first and then you can follow?”

 

She looked up with a smile and nodded, her eyes thankful for his save.

 

“I love you.” I said in one go and I saw her mouth dropped open and her pupils get larger. It made her look adorable.

 

“Yeah…The girl I said I had feelings for in front of all those students was you…Song Jihye.”

 

***

 

“Yeah…The girl I said I had feelings for in front of all those students was you…Song Jihye.”

 

Jihye heard that and for a second, the message wouldn’t sink in but then after awhile, when it finally did she couldn’t believe that Devin had just confessed to her.

 

He smiled down at her awkwardly and quickly added up,

 

“I’ll understand if you don’t like me back though-“

 

Jihye did everything on impulse. For the first time in her life.

 

She pulled Devin down to her lips and gave him a light kiss before saying to him,

 

“I love you too. I just…I didn’t want to ruin our friendship so…I didn’t know if I should’ve said it or not…”

 

Devin pulled Jihye into a tight hug and said to her hair,

 

“Dummy…Even if you didn’t, I would’ve so it’s the same thing.”

 

Jihye smiled and hugged him back, equally tightly.

 

“Merry Christmas Devin Kim…I don’t have a present for you!” Jihye hair to his shoulder blade and she heard him laugh, his chest moving up and down against her own.

 

“Well, I do for you anyways.” Jihye’s eyes widened as Devin pulled her away from him and said,

 

“Merry Christmas Jihye…” He whispered and then kissed her.