02. Broken

Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 02 Broken

Chanyeol turned his whole body around, closed his eyes, and covered both eyes with his hands. The sudden movement almost made him lose his footing on the tree. “!” He quickly placed his hand on the branch that was next to him. The men following that person groaned. Chanyeol heard them fall to the ground with a loud thump. “What the hell…” He whispered. He slowly turned around and took a look below him. The light had suddenly stopped glowing and instead of it there was now a person. Chanyeol was sure there had always been a person there, it’s just that now he could finally see him. He adjusted his eyes to the new found darkness and surely enough, there were five men lying on the ground. He then drew his attention to the one who had done all that damage. He expected to see a strong muscular person, but instead he was presented with a skinny looking guy. He wasn’t scrawny, but he sure didn’t look strong enough to knock out five fully armed men by himself. Chanyeol couldn’t see the stranger’s face from where he was and he wasn't sure he wanted to. The stranger looked at the men he had knocked out and got close to one of them. He tapped his foot against the soldier’s body as if to make sure that he was unconscious. He then proceeded to cautiously take the gun away from the soldier and hang it over his shoulder. The stranger turned around to the other soldier, this time his back was no longer facing him. Chanyeol could very clearly see the male standing in front of him. He was wearing a white mask but Chanyeol could still see his eyes. They were bloodshot red and he had a long bloody scratch on his forehead. Chanyeol could only imagine what had happened. His hair was sticking to his forehead from all of the sweat that he had running across his face.  Chanyeol then proceeded to scan what he was wearing. He clearly wasn’t very prepared for the harsh and bitter cold winter that was ongoing. Nevertheless, Chanyeol was astounded by this man's undeniable beauty. His skin white as snow and his hair bright as the day. He illuminated the entire night. Chanyeol couldn’t help but wonder who he was.

 

The stranger then proceeded to search every soldier he had knocked out. He was clearly looking for something, Chanyeol just didn’t know what. He could hear the stranger mumbling as he looked at his left arm. Then Chanyeol knew. He was tagged. “.” Chanyeol hissed. He had to get out of there now. It wasn’t long before he heard the rumbling of a helicopter begin to get close. “Perfect.” Chanyeol thought to himself. This is exactly what he had been avoiding for years. He couldn’t risk getting captured by them, not now. He quickly began to descend from the tree he had been hiding in. An action that led the stranger to quickly notice him. Chanyeol plopped down on the ground and was now directly facing the white haired male. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before they heard the helicopter get closer and closer. It was better to run than to try and figure out if they were friends or enemies. And so Chanyeol ran. 

 

He ran to the trees as hard as he could and he could hear the stranger running the same way as him. He couldn’t afford to get caught with him. He ran past trees and heard the helicopter just right above them. Suddenly the helicopter’s lights and were moving around the trees, trying to find the stranger. On the floor with them Chanyeol suddenly heard motorcycle engines. This could not be good. They were hunting them from above and from below. Chanyeol kept running as sweat started to drench his clothes. He had always been a naturally hot blooded person. He swerved left and right trying to avoid the helicopter’s light from shining on him. He looked to the right and noticed that the said stranger was still running too close to him for his own liking. He needed to get away from him. He was tagged. There was nothing that wouldn’t be able to find him. Suddenly Chanyeol heard a soldier scream.

 

“THERE'S TWO OF THEM!” 

 

Chanyeol looked back and saw a motorcycle approach him. “Not today.” He quickly took off the glove from his right hand and began to form a ball of fire. He heard the soldier say something before swerving to the left to avoid a tree. Chanyeol had not been able to fire. He let his fire dissipate. From the corner of his eyes he saw the soldier get closer and closer to him on the motorcycle. Just before he reached him, Chanyeol suddenly halted his running, forcing the soldier to be right in front of him. He took this opportunity and blasted the motorcycle's front portion with a ball of fire before continuing to run. He saw the motorcycle along with the soldier get blasted off to the left. He heard the soldier groan. He hadn’t meant to shoot that much power into his fire, but Chanyeol couldn’t seem to control it as much when he was in danger. 

 

Then, he saw a perfect place to hide. He stopped running and hid behind a tall bush. There were trees surrounding him, hiding him from the danger. Luckily for him, the rest of the soldiers had followed the white-haired stranger and had forgotten him. Chanyeol wondered how important he must be to them. Not in a good way of course. 

 

Chanyeol heard a soft moan before a loud thud. “LET ME GO!” He heard someone say. Chanyeol assumed it was the white haired stranger. He peaked through a small opening of the bush and sure enough, saw the stranger lying on the floor. He was struggling against the soldiers that were trying to tie him up. He kicked one of them in the nose and heard the soldier grunt. There were too many of them though and in retaliation one of the other soldiers punched the stranger in the stomach. Chanyeol winced. It looked painful.The stranger groaned and stopped his thrashing. Instead, he clutched his stomach and winced. His mask had slipped a little from the running and the struggling. 

 

“Did that hurt little princess?” The soldiers mocked. One of them kicked him this time. “How about this one?” They kicked him again. Chanyeol knew he had to do something. His heart was ready to try and stop the soldiers, but his body was not. He had frozen in place. He was scared. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter