Who Called It?

My Idiot Boyfriend

 

Chapter 2:

 

Late. Who called it?

 

I sighed and kicked my pink platform heels off. I went to my room and proceeded to take off my dress and accessories.

 

Once again, I was left planted on the couch for three hours without a call of warning. Great…

 

No matter how often this happen and how much I did understand SungYeol’s idol schedule, the sting of being stood up still pierced through my chest. I didn’t blame him though. I blamed myself for being selfish and getting my hopes up.

 

Knowing my choding, he would make it up to me sooner or later. I didn’t have to worry so much about that.

 

I took a long look at myself in the mirror and saw my eyes starting to water and turn red. Out of all days, though, why did he have to be late on our anniversary? Any other time would have been fine! I honestly would have been fine with any other day. Just… Why today?

 

I quickly changed into a large tee-shirt and a pair of Hello Kitty shorts and wiped my make-up away. My mascara had started to run with my stupid tears so it wasn’t too much work to get the beauty enhancements off of my face.

 

Finally I curled up in bed and opened my laptop. I started to type my weekly letters to my family and friends back home since I obviously had nothing better to do.

 

As I looked at the time, my hope that SungYeol would somehow come in and sweep me off of my feet started to diminish. It was 10:49. In an hour and eleven minutes our day would be over and all I would have was his morning text that was spelled in clumsy English.

 

I reached my phone and checked if he had called or texted. One new message!

 

Scrolling, I landed on the text and opened it.

 

I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so so sorry yeobo! I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to our date! Our meet ran late! I feel so bad!

 

I shook my head and replied to him:

 

Don’t worry. At least you’re not hurt right? I understand. You just have to make it up with chocolate now! Saranghae~

 

I tried my hardest to sound as normal as possible. Hopefully he would just remain as oblivious as always and not try to read between the lines.

 

As any other girl under these circumstances, I was pissed and hurt. Cliché? it. Of course I would be. What kind of girl wouldn’t be mad if her boyfriend promised her something and didn’t complete it?

 

Despite the fact I may seem uptight and emotionless, I really wasn’t… Well around SungYeol at least. He was the only one that could pull me out of my own shell and make me feel flustered and strange and a whole bunch of other pointless emotions. He was just so… happy and care-free.

 

My phone buzzed and SungYeol’s name appeared. I clicked on the message he had sent me and rolled my eyes. He sent me a picture of MyungSoo and my cousin SungJong strangling him with a tie while he was at the wheel.

 

Attached to the photo was a message:

 

MyungSoo and SungJong are trying to kill me! They’re telling me to hurry!

 

My phone buzzed again and SungJong’s name showed up.

 

Noona~ Don’t worry! We’ll make it by 11! Sorry about ruining your guy’s special day with this :( We would have gotten home sooner, but you know how hyung is when he is working. Slow as a mule! -.- I don’t know how you deal with him! Oh well~ The mystery will always continue… I am going to assume that you’re in your PJs now? Hopefully they’re the cute ones that Lina and I bought you! Anyway~ We’ll drop him off at your apartment! Be prepared! I love you noona<3

 

I smiled at his text. As much as I wanted to say that I didn’t like cute things, I couldn’t get past my cousin’s charming words and virtual hearts. Even SungYeol couldn’t get away with that.

 

I took a deep breath and tried to steady my thinking.

 

SungYeol was definitely not getting off the hook for being a slow-poke at work. He wasn’t getting off the hook for not show up on time. He definitely wasn’t going to get off the hook for promising me sushi and then standing me up!

 

An idea suddenly struck me.

 

I jumped out of bed and headed for the hallway closet. Not only did this closet contain my cleaning products, but it also held all of SungYeol’s useless toys and belongings that I had confiscated over the years.

 

Opening the door I saw the things I was looking for. A smirk appeared on my face and I ran over to the kitchen, grabbed a piece of scratch paper and a sharpie and scribbled something down.

 

“Oh Yeollie~ You are going to get it~” I sang evilly and got all of the objects set up.