Movies With My Brat

My Idiot Boyfriend

 

Chapter 1:

 

“Damn it Lee SungYeol!” I cursed under my breath as I vacuumed up the spilt popcorn on the floor.

 

I cursed him over and over and over again until the mess was up from my perfectly white carpet. He had left to go and shower since he got all sticky with orange soda in the kitchen. Just one more thing I had to worry myself about!

 

SungJong and MyungSoo just sat on the couch and observed me as I viciously attacked the while tiled floor of the kitchen with my mop. They had tagged along with SungYeol to make sure that he didn’t piss me off again. Obviously they did a horrible job at trying to control him. I didn’t know what I was going to do with that choding to be honest…

 

“Noona~ Are you mad at hyung?” SungJong asked me with curious eyes as he suddenly appeared at my side.

 

“More than angry! More like furious!” I growled and wrung the orange liquid from the mop into the bucket. “I thought you two were here to relieve me from my pain, not make him torture me more!”

 

“Sorry noona,” MyungSoo shrugged from the living room. “You know how hard hyung is to look after. Sometimes I wonder how his parents survived raising a child like him.”

 

“Ya!” That annoying deep voice shouted from the hallway. “I heard that! Stop trying to turn my girlfriend against me!”

 

“Too late!” I snapped at him.

 

All he had on was one of the spare gray sweat pants that I kept for him and a yellow towel around his neck. Water still dripped from his pitch black hair and landed on his chest.

 

“AWW! Yeobo don’t be mad! It was an accident!” He pouted, trying to make me feel guilty.

 

“You know aegyo doesn’t work on me pabo!” I smacked him in the back of the head and shoved my cleaning supplies in the hallway closet.

 

“OW! Yeobo!” He whined and rubbed the spot where I hit him. “Your hand is like iron!”

 

“I told you to keep my apartment clean and what did you have to go and do? You make it look like World War III hit!” I started scolding him. “I don’t understand your mentality sometimes! If I tell you ‘do this!’ you won’t do it, but if I say ‘don’t do this’ you go ahead and do it anyway! What am I going to do with you?!”

 

“Love me and take care of me forever?” He smiled sweetly at me.

 

I sighed and shook my head. How could this idiot always box me into that corner? Oh, right… I loved him too much.

 

“Just learn to control yourself? Please? I don’t need to be babying a 20-year old man!” I got on my tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek.

 

“I’ll promise for today, but I can’t promise forever!” He said sincerely.

 

I rolled my eyes and went back to the living room where SungJong and MyungSoo had started a movie. It was a scary one so SungYeol took advantage and held me the whole time. He covered my eyes during the gory parts and made me jump when the music got dramatic. I seriously elbowed him enough to make purple marks all over his rib area.

 

“Your boney elbows pierced through my sweater!” He whined and shoved me onto the couch dramatically.

 

“You’re the one freaking me the out during the scary parts!” I kicked him in the thigh. “You deserved it!”

 

He stuck his tongue out at me and I shot back with a raspberry.

 

“You two seriously act like babies,” MyungSoo shook his head at us from the love-seat he shared with SungJong.

 

I knew that the two of them felt like third wheels (more like mediators) in our relationship, but that was the price of being friends with both this choding and I… We needed someone around so I wouldn’t kill him.

 

“Not even SungJong behaves like this and he’s still in high school!” He sighed.

 

“Yeah! Noona you and SungYeol need to grow up a little!” SungJong said with a cutesy smile.

 

I glared at him and he shrunk back in his seat.

 

“Okay well I mainly meant that for SungYeol not you noona…” He corrected himself.

 

MyungSoo saw my eyebrow raised and stood up. He shook SungJong out of his scared state and plucked SungYeol off the couch.

 

“Time to be leaving,” He said. “You’ve got classes tomorrow right Mai?”

 

I nodded and stretched my arms out. I walked them towards the front door and waited until the got their shoes and coats on.

 

“Can’t I stay here for the night?” SungYeol made puppy eyes at me, hoping that I would accept him.

 

“No,” I simply said.

 

“Why not?!” He stomped his foot. I swear this guy…

 

“Because I would rather have a full night’s sleep without you bothering me to give you more pillows or scooting over more!” I huffed.

 

“I still have my clothes drying in the dryer though!” He tried.

 

“I’ll take them to you first thing tomorrow morning!” I told him.

 

“But you won’t see me tomorrow,” He knitted his eyebrows in frustration. “Infinite has a fan-meet tomorrow.”

 

I bit down on my lip to keep from freaking out on him. He noticed my frustration and his face smoothed over in a rare show of concern.

 

“I didn’t forget,” He said and pulled me into his arms. “I can promise you that I tried everything to get out of this, but no dice. I’ll make it by 7 though! You put on your prettiest dress and heels and make yourself super pretty for me okay? I’ll take you out and we’ll walk through the park and eat at that one sushi place you like and I’ll take you to the Banpo bridge…”

 

‘Don’t promise me things you can’t keep,’ I wanted to tell him, but all I did was fake an enthusiastic nod.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow night then,” I said and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips before waving SungJong and MyungSoo off.

 

“I promise that tomorrow will be perfect,” SungYeol assured me, giving my shoulder a small squeeze.

 

“Don’t say that,” I muttered, knowing well that he could hear me. “Just promise that you’ll at least text me.”

 

He sighed and agreed. With a kiss on the lips and another bear hug, he walked down the hall and down the stairs.